Zach Myers/Christ Allen Acoustic Show

• Zach Myers/Christ Allen Acoustic Show
    EmilyLedford

I got really lucky and was able to meet Zach at his acoustic show in Charlotte, NC last night. He's super cool and down to earth. I love how chill the guys are, and that they're not conceited. They're music speaks volumes and it's nice to see a band that sets a good example.
    And they rock....
    of course...

Submitted by EmilyLedford on
Forum category
Is pro
No

inked4life

Fri, 03/11/2011 - 04:22

I consider them the most humble guys on earth! It really amazes me how nice and genuine they are. There are few that stay humble.

crueangel

Fri, 03/11/2011 - 21:02

[quote="inked_4_life"]I consider them the most humble guys on earth! It really amazes me how nice and genuine they are. There are few that stay humble.[/quote]

I so agree. They always seem so surprised when you thank them for their music. And they are always genuinely glad to see everyone at meet and greets... Ok, I'm having serious withdrawal! LOL :P

My sister and I saw them in Detroit on 3/5. I felt really bad for them that there were only about 40 (??) people in the whole place - it was snowing outside and the weather really sucked. Anyway, Zach got on stage and thanked everyone for risking their necks and coming out in the crappy weather, and how they liked to play for a small crowd. They are both such awesome guys. The show was incredible!!! They hung around for a long time after just chatting with all of us.

inked4life

Sat, 03/12/2011 - 17:19

Sounds like a fun time :)

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 03/14/2011 - 11:26

that is awesome. I still have hope that one day Sd will play a show for us diehards. we can all claim our spot on the rail and look up at our heroes.

crueangel

Mon, 03/14/2011 - 19:07

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]that is awesome. I still have hope that one day Sd will play a show for us diehards. we can all claim our spot on the rail and look up at our heroes.[/quote]

Yes! One big show for SN members! I know we have access to VIP packages, but they are expensive, and even if you can get one, as I did, you may still only end up several rows from the front, while people who did not geet the packages are right on the front. SO not fair! :evil: LOL

tessarakt

Mon, 03/14/2011 - 23:27

we're going to the chattanooga show!!!
I hope we get to meet Zach again ... maybe I'll actually speak this time since I already did the nice to meet you thing ROFL

I went to the Raleigh, NC show. They are both very nice guys....and do an amazing acoustic show! I Love it!!! :D

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 03/16/2011 - 09:44

i've had the pleasure of purchasing the vip package 3 times now and every time it was well worth the $150 bucks per ticket. :twisted: I was able to talk to the guys and tell them how much they and their music mean to me and how much they help me through the tough times. I have to admit the first time I saw them I was star struck lol. The first time we were backstage waiting for them to come out, we were standing in line and who do I see walking out first but Zach little Z strolling right up I was the first to recognize him. haha. I kept telling my wife look look it's Zach she just smiled, she knew how excited I was to see him. When we went through the rotation of the line Zach noticed my Sd logo tattoo and commented on it that gestures like that really mean alot to him. The rest of the guys were saying thanks as well and were even more impressed when I raised my sleeve and showed them my brand new tattoo at the time I had the four crows tatted on my upper arm. Zach was telling me how it was the first four crows tattoo he'd seen and how impressed he was at me for doing that.

Every time I've seen them they've been nothing but absolute awesomeness. They trully know how to appreciate their fans. The last two times I spoke to them they all remembered me which was awesome too.

tessarakt

Sun, 03/20/2011 - 01:22

We just got back to our room after the show. Waiting on Dave to get back with our food as we haven't eaten in like 12 hours ROFL

Show was AWESOME! SO much fun. Zach actually drank and you could tell he was pretty buzzed and TIRED .. it was kinda funny ;)

There were several people SCREAMING Simple Man though and he kept singing "this is not a shinedown shoooowwwww"

I was getting pissed people wouldn't drop it and you could tell zach was getting pretty frustrated as well. Dave actually apologized to zach for those morons.

Dave said one guy was actually bitching because he wouldn't play it. Grrrrrrr ...

The tshirts and stuff were cash only so chris went to ask the bar if we could pay them with the cc and then they pay the guys (they wouldn't boooo) and when he got back he's like "hey! Great to meeet you ... wait oh yeah you were waiting for me ... " Have another one chris!!! LOL He's like no I think i'm done ROFL

Poor zach like laid down on the table to take a nap ;)

now dave needs to get back with our food already bc i'm HUNGRY

crueangel

Sun, 03/20/2011 - 14:30

SOOO very jealous! :P Did you get any pics? I woul love to go see them, it's just not in the $$ right now. And tonight, Will Hoge is going to join them for a couple of songs. Grrrr.

I hate it when people are like that guy griping about Simple Man. Like Zach said, it was not a Shinedown show, though I am sure that he could have done it justice, just not as good as Brent! ;) Glad you had fun, though!

tessarakt

Sun, 03/20/2011 - 14:45

[quote="crueangel"]SOOO very jealous! :P Did you get any pics? I woul love to go see them, it's just not in the $$ right now. And tonight, Will Hoge is going to join them for a couple of songs. Grrrr.

I hate it when people are like that guy griping about Simple Man. Like Zach said, it was not a Shinedown show, though I am sure that he could have done it justice, just not as good as Brent! ;) Glad you had fun, though![/quote]

we have a BUNCH of pics, have a couple on plixi and a bunch on fb ... haven't figured out how to post here yet,

We found out about will being at the nashville show tonight right after we got home from chatt ... I looked at the time and said, "Maybe if we leave RIGHT NOW ... and take the kids ... we could get there in time ... " ROFL

Show tickets were $12 a piece ... but we had to buy gas, a room, food etc ... was totally a credit card trip =( but WORTH it ... I can friend you on fb if you want and you can see all of them ...

crueangel

Sun, 03/20/2011 - 17:33

Yes! I saw the ones on Twitter, but I would love to see the rest! You can find me as Tami Sandlin or under moonwollfbaby@yahoo.com :D

@ Jen_and_dave...so is that what Zach's tweet was about regarding the Chatanooga show? We were all kind of wondering....

Glad you had fun though! My sis (Dawnie) and I saw them, as she said. It was the most laid back atmosphere. He and Chris were joking around with the crowd and there was a lot of "friendly" banter going on. It was one of the best nights...right up there with the "A & E" show!

I personally love that they got up there and did their own stuff. It was great to hear Burning Bright, but Zach is correct...no one can sing like Brent, so why try! Zach is great at what he does and it was so enlightening to see him in that setting.

tessarakt

Tue, 03/22/2011 - 22:35

I don't remember what zach tweeted about the chatt show ... Dave told zach in person AND on twitter that he was sorry for the idiots gettign upset that he woudln't play simple man

Ya know what...I got to thinking about it last night. It wasn't Chatanooga he had the awkward tweet about, it was Clarksville. I'm still wondering what happened there...

Anyways, it was a spectacular show in it's own rite. Chris was as sweet as he could be too!

tessarakt

Wed, 03/23/2011 - 14:28

[quote="mandyp"]Ya know what...I got to thinking about it last night. It wasn't Chatanooga he had the awkward tweet about, it was Clarksville. I'm still wondering what happened there...

Anyways, it was a spectacular show in it's own rite. Chris was as sweet as he could be too![/quote]

Yeah ... there was a picture he was tagged in on facebook and I was flipping through the rest of the album, it was from the Clarksville show ... someone said something about the soundboard guy screwing it up and them having to cut the show short ... If I find it again i'll link it.

tessarakt

Wed, 03/23/2011 - 14:40

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="mandyp"]Ya know what...I got to thinking about it last night. It wasn't Chatanooga he had the awkward tweet about, it was Clarksville. I'm still wondering what happened there...

Anyways, it was a spectacular show in it's own rite. Chris was as sweet as he could be too![/quote]

Yeah ... there was a picture he was tagged in on facebook and I was flipping through the rest of the album, it was from the Clarksville show ... someone said something about the soundboard guy screwing it up and them having to cut the show short ... If I find it again i'll link it.[/quote]

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1619323127399&set=at.16193153672…

Wow...how disappointing for them and for all the people that came out to see them! I would have been ticked too!

Thanks for the link.

I got really lucky and was able to meet Zach at his acoustic show in Charlotte, NC last night. He's super cool and down to earth. I love how chill the guys are, and that they're not conceited. They're music speaks volumes and it's nice to see a band that sets a good example.
And they rock....
of course...

comments

Wow...how disappointing for them and for all the people that came out to see them! I would have been ticked too!

Thanks for the link.

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="mandyp"]Ya know what...I got to thinking about it last night. It wasn't Chatanooga he had the awkward tweet about, it was Clarksville. I'm still wondering what happened there...

Yeah ... there was a picture he was tagged in on facebook and I was flipping through the rest of the album, it was from the Clarksville show ... someone said something about the soundboard guy screwing it up and them having to cut the show short ... If I find it again i'll link it.[/quote]

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1619323127399&set=at.16193153672…

[quote="mandyp"]Ya know what...I got to thinking about it last night. It wasn't Chatanooga he had the awkward tweet about, it was Clarksville. I'm still wondering what happened there...

Yeah ... there was a picture he was tagged in on facebook and I was flipping through the rest of the album, it was from the Clarksville show ... someone said something about the soundboard guy screwing it up and them having to cut the show short ... If I find it again i'll link it.

Ya know what...I got to thinking about it last night. It wasn't Chatanooga he had the awkward tweet about, it was Clarksville. I'm still wondering what happened there...

Anyways, it was a spectacular show in it's own rite. Chris was as sweet as he could be too!

I don't remember what zach tweeted about the chatt show ... Dave told zach in person AND on twitter that he was sorry for the idiots gettign upset that he woudln't play simple man

@ Jen_and_dave...so is that what Zach's tweet was about regarding the Chatanooga show? We were all kind of wondering....

Glad you had fun though! My sis (Dawnie) and I saw them, as she said. It was the most laid back atmosphere. He and Chris were joking around with the crowd and there was a lot of "friendly" banter going on. It was one of the best nights...right up there with the "A & E" show!

I personally love that they got up there and did their own stuff. It was great to hear Burning Bright, but Zach is correct...no one can sing like Brent, so why try! Zach is great at what he does and it was so enlightening to see him in that setting.

Yes! I saw the ones on Twitter, but I would love to see the rest! You can find me as Tami Sandlin or under moonwollfbaby@yahoo.com :D

[quote="crueangel"]SOOO very jealous! :P Did you get any pics? I woul love to go see them, it's just not in the $$ right now. And tonight, Will Hoge is going to join them for a couple of songs. Grrrr.

I hate it when people are like that guy griping about Simple Man. Like Zach said, it was not a Shinedown show, though I am sure that he could have done it justice, just not as good as Brent! ;) Glad you had fun, though![/quote]

we have a BUNCH of pics, have a couple on plixi and a bunch on fb ... haven't figured out how to post here yet,

We found out about will being at the nashville show tonight right after we got home from chatt ... I looked at the time and said, "Maybe if we leave RIGHT NOW ... and take the kids ... we could get there in time ... " ROFL

Show tickets were $12 a piece ... but we had to buy gas, a room, food etc ... was totally a credit card trip =( but WORTH it ... I can friend you on fb if you want and you can see all of them ...

SOOO very jealous! :P Did you get any pics? I woul love to go see them, it's just not in the $$ right now. And tonight, Will Hoge is going to join them for a couple of songs. Grrrr.

I hate it when people are like that guy griping about Simple Man. Like Zach said, it was not a Shinedown show, though I am sure that he could have done it justice, just not as good as Brent! ;) Glad you had fun, though!

We just got back to our room after the show. Waiting on Dave to get back with our food as we haven't eaten in like 12 hours ROFL

Show was AWESOME! SO much fun. Zach actually drank and you could tell he was pretty buzzed and TIRED .. it was kinda funny ;)

There were several people SCREAMING Simple Man though and he kept singing "this is not a shinedown shoooowwwww"

I was getting pissed people wouldn't drop it and you could tell zach was getting pretty frustrated as well. Dave actually apologized to zach for those morons.

Dave said one guy was actually bitching because he wouldn't play it. Grrrrrrr ...

The tshirts and stuff were cash only so chris went to ask the bar if we could pay them with the cc and then they pay the guys (they wouldn't boooo) and when he got back he's like "hey! Great to meeet you ... wait oh yeah you were waiting for me ... " Have another one chris!!! LOL He's like no I think i'm done ROFL

Poor zach like laid down on the table to take a nap ;)

now dave needs to get back with our food already bc i'm HUNGRY

i've had the pleasure of purchasing the vip package 3 times now and every time it was well worth the $150 bucks per ticket. :twisted: I was able to talk to the guys and tell them how much they and their music mean to me and how much they help me through the tough times. I have to admit the first time I saw them I was star struck lol. The first time we were backstage waiting for them to come out, we were standing in line and who do I see walking out first but Zach little Z strolling right up I was the first to recognize him. haha. I kept telling my wife look look it's Zach she just smiled, she knew how excited I was to see him. When we went through the rotation of the line Zach noticed my Sd logo tattoo and commented on it that gestures like that really mean alot to him. The rest of the guys were saying thanks as well and were even more impressed when I raised my sleeve and showed them my brand new tattoo at the time I had the four crows tatted on my upper arm. Zach was telling me how it was the first four crows tattoo he'd seen and how impressed he was at me for doing that.

Every time I've seen them they've been nothing but absolute awesomeness. They trully know how to appreciate their fans. The last two times I spoke to them they all remembered me which was awesome too.

I went to the Raleigh, NC show. They are both very nice guys....and do an amazing acoustic show! I Love it!!! :D

we're going to the chattanooga show!!!
I hope we get to meet Zach again ... maybe I'll actually speak this time since I already did the nice to meet you thing ROFL

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]that is awesome. I still have hope that one day Sd will play a show for us diehards. we can all claim our spot on the rail and look up at our heroes.[/quote]

Yes! One big show for SN members! I know we have access to VIP packages, but they are expensive, and even if you can get one, as I did, you may still only end up several rows from the front, while people who did not geet the packages are right on the front. SO not fair! :evil: LOL

that is awesome. I still have hope that one day Sd will play a show for us diehards. we can all claim our spot on the rail and look up at our heroes.

Sounds like a fun time :)

My sister and I saw them in Detroit on 3/5. I felt really bad for them that there were only about 40 (??) people in the whole place - it was snowing outside and the weather really sucked. Anyway, Zach got on stage and thanked everyone for risking their necks and coming out in the crappy weather, and how they liked to play for a small crowd. They are both such awesome guys. The show was incredible!!! They hung around for a long time after just chatting with all of us.

[quote="inked_4_life"]I consider them the most humble guys on earth! It really amazes me how nice and genuine they are. There are few that stay humble.[/quote]

I so agree. They always seem so surprised when you thank them for their music. And they are always genuinely glad to see everyone at meet and greets... Ok, I'm having serious withdrawal! LOL :P

I consider them the most humble guys on earth! It really amazes me how nice and genuine they are. There are few that stay humble.