Store Version of Sound of Madness

• Store Version of Sound of Madness
    Lv2rokk

Ok, so I went to Best Buy today to pick up a couple new CDs and I noticed the CD sleeve/pkg for The Sound of Madness is white. The pre-ordered CD I got is black! Interesting. Oh and there are NO bonus tracks on the store version so it looks like we might really have an exclusive!

Something funny...I was walking down the aisle with all the new releases and noticed a guy was holding the new Shinedown. I couldnt contain myself. I pointed to the CD he was holding in his hand and said "THAT...is AWESOME!" He looked at me confusingly and mentioned something about "How did I know? It just came out today." I laughed, told him I pre-ordered it and had gotten it on Sat." HEHE

Im VERY curious to see where this album will end up after the first week of sales. Hopfeully VERY HIGH on the list!

Submitted by Lv2rokk on
Forum category
Is pro
No

JeffTaormina

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 21:34

I just picked mine up today at the store and you can get the black verison for a few bucks more.
I got the black version well worth it for a great band the CD kicks!!!!!!

JeffTaormina

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 22:37

[quote="fenderguitars777"]They shouldnt sell the Black anymore IMO. It should have just been special edition for preorders.[/quote]

Now that I have mine I agree with you :lol:
LOLOL

hardygirl2xv1

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 22:41

Nah, I don't think so, cause the last CD had a special edition release too and it cost a bit extra. I think the pre-orders got something pretty damn cool, which was the membership here, so we do have that. Besides, everyone should have the chance to get the CD with the three bonus tracks we got cause they're great.

JeffTaormina

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 22:43

[quote="hardygirl"]Nah, I don't think so, cause the last CD had a special edition release too and it cost a bit extra. I think the pre-orders got something pretty damn cool, which was the membership here, so we do have that. Besides, everyone should have the chance to get the CD with the three bonus tracks we got cause they're great.[/quote]
Mine came from the stor this morning a 11:00am NYC time and I got the membership for the fan club too.

[quote="fenderguitars777"]They shouldnt sell the Black anymore IMO. It should have just been special edition for preorders.[/quote]

I agree : /

c_m_chance_4178

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:19

Wow! thats pretty crazy because that happened to me today too. I was at Target getting some stuff for my mom and was over looking at some CDs. I had noticed the regular white version and kinda chuckled to myself knowing that i had already received the limited edition version to my front door lol. But while i was looking this girl came up and was looking at SOM. I walked back over to her as i saw her checking it out and asked her if she had listened to Shinedown before. She said that she had just heard a few songs that a friend of hers was listening to before because her friend was a SD fan. I then told her that what she was holding in her had was incredible and she would love it. She then was like, "but my friend told me to get it today because it just came out today. How do you know its good?" I told her i had pre-ordered mine about a month ago and received it in the mail already and have already listened to it in its entirety. She just kinda stared at me and so i was just like, "Yes, i pre-ordered it. They ARE that badass. Get it! You won't regret it." then just walked away lol.

hardygirl2xv1

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:21

[quote="jaster"][quote="hardygirl"]Nah, I don't think so, cause the last CD had a special edition release too and it cost a bit extra. I think the pre-orders got something pretty damn cool, which was the membership here, so we do have that. Besides, everyone should have the chance to get the CD with the three bonus tracks we got cause they're great.[/quote]
Mine came from the stor this morning a 11:00am NYC time and I got the membership for the fan club too.[/quote]
Well OK... but we still got it before everyone else.

Why would anyone not want everyone to hear every great song that the guys do? The mind, she boggles.

Hate to break this one, but whatever company made this site and board messed up. Anyone can actually join if you just do a search on google. My friend, who isn't very computer savvy joined the board this afternoon and didn't purchase the special edition or join the fan club.
I went to Best Buy today too and saw the Black special edition for 11.99 when I went by to pick up the special edition of the new Motley Crue cd.

hardygirl2xv1

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:27

Hmm. Well I have to say I wasn't too thrilled when I saw it was phpBB, (IPB FTW~!) but that's kinda worse. Wasn't the purpose of this one to be for just the fan club members?

[quote="hardygirl"]Hmm. Well I have to say I wasn't too thrilled when I saw it was phpBB, (IPB FTW~!) but that's kinda worse. Wasn't the purpose of this one to be for just the fan club members?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the only thing that was pre-order only was the t-shirt

[quote="artemisfowl"][quote="hardygirl"]Hmm. Well I have to say I wasn't too thrilled when I saw it was phpBB, (IPB FTW~!) but that's kinda worse. Wasn't the purpose of this one to be for just the fan club members?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the only thing that was pre-order only was the t-shirt[/quote]

It said the FC site and board was for FC members only actually.

[quote="solacematt"][quote="artemisfowl"][quote="hardygirl"]Hmm. Well I have to say I wasn't too thrilled when I saw it was phpBB, (IPB FTW~!) but that's kinda worse. Wasn't the purpose of this one to be for just the fan club members?[/quote]

It said the FC site and board was for FC members only actually.[/quote]

hmm idk then : /

hardygirl2xv1

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:39

It's probably just a screw up in some setting with the board. Which is why phpBB sucks. Its not like IPB or vB costs all that much, and hey, we paid for this. lol

c_m_chance_4178

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:41

well thats kinda crap. I was hoping to be one of a few that had the limited edition copy. I wanted my friends to be like "WTF! Why's yours negative coloring?!?!" when they saw mine and comparing it to theirs.

And ya, i agree that everyone should be able to hear the bonus track as well, but you all know as well as i do that within about a month the three tracks would be all over the net for anyone to download them if they really wanted. Then we would still be able to have something that no one else would, the actual CD with the bonus tracks.

But hey, you know what. Im not gonna lose sleep over it. I got mine and thats all that matters. Actually....i will lose sleep over it, because just like last night i'll prolly stay up late listening to the album! :D

[quote="hardygirl"]It's probably just a screw up in some setting with the board. Which is why phpBB sucks. Its not like IPB or vB costs all that much, and hey, we paid for this. lol[/quote]

lol vB is win :P

I wonder if this error with the message board has been brought to the attention of someone who can look into the slip up...

Interesting that Best Buys in other areas ALSO had the black version. Humm...either I didnt notice or my store didnt have it. Weird.

Either way. At least it's the SAME black version that we got and not ANOTHER version! :D

Cool Target story :)

Spreading the Shinedown word....

hardygirl2xv1

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 00:15

[quote="artemisfowl"][quote="hardygirl"]It's probably just a screw up in some setting with the board. Which is why phpBB sucks. Its not like IPB or vB costs all that much, and hey, we paid for this. lol[/quote]

lol vB is win :P[/quote]
No... IPB is win :P

[/tanget]

JeffTaormina

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 07:35

Yeah I got mine pretty much when the store opened and it looked like there was a lot of white copies but I got the only black one they had. So maybe they only shipped a few black copies to each store.
It also had a huge sticker on it saying that it came with the fan club and stuff like that.

shiner_1405

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 08:35

i think most best buys and national stores got a couple of the limited edit copies... but u have to get it quik .. i pre orderd mine and went to see what they had at best buy... and bought the only 2 limited edit the guy said they got...love the shirt... wish ther were stickers that came with the cd.. like us and them.... bonus tracks kick ass....

[quote="nekovampire"]I wonder if this error with the message board has been brought to the attention of someone who can look into the slip up...[/quote]

Being informed of it as I type this. ;)

crowandthebutt…

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 13:26

I bought the special edition black cover at fye and they had the one copy which i bought. I thought that was kinda werid to only have one copy in th WHOLE store. I had to call there before they even opened to have it held for me. THANK GOD i got it before someone else did.

synneraboveall

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 16:25

[quote="lv2rokk"]

Im VERY curious to see where this album will end up after the first week of sales. Hopfeully VERY HIGH on the list![/quote]

Me, too...I know the Target I went to was sold out completely and the Best Buy had 1 black one left and like 10 whites ones. I hope sells are really good this week...that would be so awesome for the guys.

[quote="solacematt"]Hate to break this one, but whatever company made this site and board messed up. Anyone can actually join if you just do a search on google. My friend, who isn't very computer savvy joined the board this afternoon and didn't purchase the special edition or join the fan club.
[/quote]

It shouldn't be a problem anymore but we'll see. You can access the general link to the board by googling

when i finished work tuesday, i drove by the house and didnt see the package yet , so i went to best buy and bought a 2nd copy. why not, i have 2 copies of all 3 cds now.
i was hoping though that best buy did like US & THEM and had the bonus cd single or something

at my best buy they were all sold out

so that left me with a good feeling :D

JeffTaormina

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 16:57

I heard a rumor that Target has "Junkies for fame" as a bonus track.

I don't know how ture that is.

[quote="jaster"]I heard a rumor that Target has "Junkies for fame" as a bonus track.

I don't know how ture that is.[/quote]

it was going to be but it wasn't

JeffTaormina

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 17:03

[quote="artemisfowl"][quote="jaster"]I heard a rumor that Target has "Junkies for fame" as a bonus track.

it was going to be but it wasn't[/quote]

So it's only the 3 on the Black verison?

[quote="jaster"][quote="artemisfowl"][quote="jaster"]I heard a rumor that Target has "Junkies for fame" as a bonus track.

So it's only the 3 on the Black verison?[/quote]

yep

Ok, so I went to Best Buy today to pick up a couple new CDs and I noticed the CD sleeve/pkg for The Sound of Madness is white. The pre-ordered CD I got is black! Interesting. Oh and there are NO bonus tracks on the store version so it looks like we might really have an exclusive!

Something funny...I was walking down the aisle with all the new releases and noticed a guy was holding the new Shinedown. I couldnt contain myself. I pointed to the CD he was holding in his hand and said "THAT...is AWESOME!" He looked at me confusingly and mentioned something about "How did I know? It just came out today." I laughed, told him I pre-ordered it and had gotten it on Sat." HEHE

Im VERY curious to see where this album will end up after the first week of sales. Hopfeully VERY HIGH on the list!

comments

[quote="chelska"][quote="synneraboveall"]I'm glad I have a live version of Junkies....oh shit I need to find that disc that it's on...LOL[/quote]

You need to burn that for me.[/quote]

You need to kiss my butt first..LOL :twisted: j/k I'll see if I can find the disc and see what I can do..OK?!?!?!!!! Wait that'll have to be ok cause your there and I'm here...lol

[quote="synneraboveall"]I'm glad I have a live version of Junkies....oh shit I need to find that disc that it's on...LOL[/quote]

You need to burn that for me.

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Anyone buy the White Cover just for the sake of owning it? I might...[/quote]

I did. I actually have 3 black and two white. Shinedown is where all my money goes. And then the other stuff you need to survive, like food and shelter.

agree. i was at the store yesterday and looked to see if they were even selling the black version, and at the store i was at they didnt have any... but i dont know if that was because they had all been sold, or they never had any... either way if they want the extra tracks go to iTunes... right?

We have all anctiously and patiently waited for this album and i am so satisified with it. But now that i have been given pretty much anything that i could have asked for in this album im just wanting JFF to top it all off! It's so hard to wait, but, i waited long enough for this album, i think i can wait a lil while longer for one song lol :wink:

[quote="c_m_chance"]ya, i've been tryin to find someone with a live version of JFF that i could rip it from but have been unlucky in my endeavor lol. hopefully i'll be able to get it soon. Hell, maybe even a studio version **HNT HINT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE** for anyone in direct relations with the group that might be reading this :D :D[/quote]

brent said and I quote

"Good things come to those who wait."

:P

ya, i've been tryin to find someone with a live version of JFF that i could rip it from but have been unlucky in my endeavor lol. hopefully i'll be able to get it soon. Hell, maybe even a studio version **HNT HINT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE** for anyone in direct relations with the group that might be reading this :D :D

I'm glad I have a live version of Junkies....oh shit I need to find that disc that it's on...LOL

Yea, it was kind of funny.
I would have ordered the Pre-Ordered version with a chance of a signed one if I had had a credit/debit card. But I don't so there was no way to.
Any how, I reserved a copy a few days before it came out at FYE and went to get it today since yesterday was payday.
I expected to get the white normal copy that was on the shelf and even brought the copy up to the counter.
The guy asked me what I needed, and I said I reserved a copy of The Sound of Madness.
He's all like "Oh Yes!!" (lol)
Any who, he pulls a CD out of the box, and what do you know, its the Limited Edition Black!
I was excited to say the least.
That's how I'm here today with the 1 year membership included.
I was so happy.
I immediately put it in the car and started listening to it.
It is amazing. :]

[quote="artemisfowl"][quote="hardygirl"]Hmm. Well I have to say I wasn't too thrilled when I saw it was phpBB, (IPB FTW~!) but that's kinda worse. Wasn't the purpose of this one to be for just the fan club members?[/quote]

the t-shirt and the signed cover, if you were lucky enough to get 1 such as myself :D

[quote="jaster"]That sucks I wanted to get that tune[/quote]

same

That sucks I wanted to get that tune

[quote="jaster"][quote="artemisfowl"][quote="jaster"]I heard a rumor that Target has "Junkies for fame" as a bonus track.

So it's only the 3 on the Black verison?[/quote]

yep

[quote="artemisfowl"][quote="jaster"]I heard a rumor that Target has "Junkies for fame" as a bonus track.

So it's only the 3 on the Black verison?

[quote="jaster"]I heard a rumor that Target has "Junkies for fame" as a bonus track.

it was going to be but it wasn't

I heard a rumor that Target has "Junkies for fame" as a bonus track.

I don't know how ture that is.

at my best buy they were all sold out

so that left me with a good feeling :D

when i finished work tuesday, i drove by the house and didnt see the package yet , so i went to best buy and bought a 2nd copy. why not, i have 2 copies of all 3 cds now.
i was hoping though that best buy did like US & THEM and had the bonus cd single or something

[quote="solacematt"]Hate to break this one, but whatever company made this site and board messed up. Anyone can actually join if you just do a search on google. My friend, who isn't very computer savvy joined the board this afternoon and didn't purchase the special edition or join the fan club.
[/quote]

It shouldn't be a problem anymore but we'll see. You can access the general link to the board by googling

Re: Store Version of Sound of Madness

[quote="lv2rokk"]

Im VERY curious to see where this album will end up after the first week of sales. Hopfeully VERY HIGH on the list![/quote]

Me, too...I know the Target I went to was sold out completely and the Best Buy had 1 black one left and like 10 whites ones. I hope sells are really good this week...that would be so awesome for the guys.

I bought the special edition black cover at fye and they had the one copy which i bought. I thought that was kinda werid to only have one copy in th WHOLE store. I had to call there before they even opened to have it held for me. THANK GOD i got it before someone else did.

[quote="nekovampire"]I wonder if this error with the message board has been brought to the attention of someone who can look into the slip up...[/quote]

Being informed of it as I type this. ;)

i think most best buys and national stores got a couple of the limited edit copies... but u have to get it quik .. i pre orderd mine and went to see what they had at best buy... and bought the only 2 limited edit the guy said they got...love the shirt... wish ther were stickers that came with the cd.. like us and them.... bonus tracks kick ass....

Yeah I got mine pretty much when the store opened and it looked like there was a lot of white copies but I got the only black one they had. So maybe they only shipped a few black copies to each store.
It also had a huge sticker on it saying that it came with the fan club and stuff like that.

[quote="artemisfowl"][quote="hardygirl"]It's probably just a screw up in some setting with the board. Which is why phpBB sucks. Its not like IPB or vB costs all that much, and hey, we paid for this. lol[/quote]

lol vB is win :P[/quote]
No... IPB is win :P

[/tanget]

Interesting that Best Buys in other areas ALSO had the black version. Humm...either I didnt notice or my store didnt have it. Weird.

Either way. At least it's the SAME black version that we got and not ANOTHER version! :D

Cool Target story :)

Spreading the Shinedown word....

I wonder if this error with the message board has been brought to the attention of someone who can look into the slip up...

[quote="hardygirl"]It's probably just a screw up in some setting with the board. Which is why phpBB sucks. Its not like IPB or vB costs all that much, and hey, we paid for this. lol[/quote]

lol vB is win :P

well thats kinda crap. I was hoping to be one of a few that had the limited edition copy. I wanted my friends to be like "WTF! Why's yours negative coloring?!?!" when they saw mine and comparing it to theirs.

And ya, i agree that everyone should be able to hear the bonus track as well, but you all know as well as i do that within about a month the three tracks would be all over the net for anyone to download them if they really wanted. Then we would still be able to have something that no one else would, the actual CD with the bonus tracks.

But hey, you know what. Im not gonna lose sleep over it. I got mine and thats all that matters. Actually....i will lose sleep over it, because just like last night i'll prolly stay up late listening to the album! :D

It's probably just a screw up in some setting with the board. Which is why phpBB sucks. Its not like IPB or vB costs all that much, and hey, we paid for this. lol

[quote="solacematt"][quote="artemisfowl"][quote="hardygirl"]Hmm. Well I have to say I wasn't too thrilled when I saw it was phpBB, (IPB FTW~!) but that's kinda worse. Wasn't the purpose of this one to be for just the fan club members?[/quote]

It said the FC site and board was for FC members only actually.[/quote]

hmm idk then : /

It said the FC site and board was for FC members only actually.

[quote="hardygirl"]Hmm. Well I have to say I wasn't too thrilled when I saw it was phpBB, (IPB FTW~!) but that's kinda worse. Wasn't the purpose of this one to be for just the fan club members?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the only thing that was pre-order only was the t-shirt

Hmm. Well I have to say I wasn't too thrilled when I saw it was phpBB, (IPB FTW~!) but that's kinda worse. Wasn't the purpose of this one to be for just the fan club members?

Hate to break this one, but whatever company made this site and board messed up. Anyone can actually join if you just do a search on google. My friend, who isn't very computer savvy joined the board this afternoon and didn't purchase the special edition or join the fan club.
I went to Best Buy today too and saw the Black special edition for 11.99 when I went by to pick up the special edition of the new Motley Crue cd.

[quote="jaster"][quote="hardygirl"]Nah, I don't think so, cause the last CD had a special edition release too and it cost a bit extra. I think the pre-orders got something pretty damn cool, which was the membership here, so we do have that. Besides, everyone should have the chance to get the CD with the three bonus tracks we got cause they're great.[/quote]
Mine came from the stor this morning a 11:00am NYC time and I got the membership for the fan club too.[/quote]
Well OK... but we still got it before everyone else.

Why would anyone not want everyone to hear every great song that the guys do? The mind, she boggles.

Wow! thats pretty crazy because that happened to me today too. I was at Target getting some stuff for my mom and was over looking at some CDs. I had noticed the regular white version and kinda chuckled to myself knowing that i had already received the limited edition version to my front door lol. But while i was looking this girl came up and was looking at SOM. I walked back over to her as i saw her checking it out and asked her if she had listened to Shinedown before. She said that she had just heard a few songs that a friend of hers was listening to before because her friend was a SD fan. I then told her that what she was holding in her had was incredible and she would love it. She then was like, "but my friend told me to get it today because it just came out today. How do you know its good?" I told her i had pre-ordered mine about a month ago and received it in the mail already and have already listened to it in its entirety. She just kinda stared at me and so i was just like, "Yes, i pre-ordered it. They ARE that badass. Get it! You won't regret it." then just walked away lol.

I agree : /

[quote="hardygirl"]Nah, I don't think so, cause the last CD had a special edition release too and it cost a bit extra. I think the pre-orders got something pretty damn cool, which was the membership here, so we do have that. Besides, everyone should have the chance to get the CD with the three bonus tracks we got cause they're great.[/quote]
Mine came from the stor this morning a 11:00am NYC time and I got the membership for the fan club too.

Nah, I don't think so, cause the last CD had a special edition release too and it cost a bit extra. I think the pre-orders got something pretty damn cool, which was the membership here, so we do have that. Besides, everyone should have the chance to get the CD with the three bonus tracks we got cause they're great.

Now that I have mine I agree with you :lol:
LOLOL

I just picked mine up today at the store and you can get the black verison for a few bucks more.
I got the black version well worth it for a great band the CD kicks!!!!!!