I met Jake at the concert

• I met Jake at the concert
    Sandy_17

And he is one big SOB. Now allright I do have to say a lot of kind words for the guy. He came out and rescued us from the heat. And he is really Hot! No not as hot outside the guy is really cute. He handled the meetngreet great. I watched him during the concert he was should I say in front of the guys while they were playing and he is like their guardian angel.One guy had too much to drink and well lets say kinda jumped over the barriers and well Jake went off on the security people big time. And at one point Brent seen there was alot of people with heat exhaustion and during the concert had Jake bring a few cases of water and give them out whi8le they were perfoming. Anyway? I told Jake from what I had read about him alot of people thoguht he was an ashole. He lloked at me with sad eyes, no kidding but after seeing what he is doing? He is just doing his job.Plus I got my pic made with him as did randomsunkist on here. As for the concert and meetngreet? Well thats another whole thread in itself! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Submitted by Sandy_17 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

sdcomputers

Fri, 08/13/2010 - 07:44

Ive met Jake a few times and hes always been OK
he was a bit off at one gig but that was prob due to the long hours he does and everyone has an off day

ShinedownChica

Fri, 08/13/2010 - 13:26

I think Jake is really nice and my dad agrees.... Jake just makes sure everyones in line and thats his job, but hes really nice about it.... Jake, by no means is an ass hole....

[quote="twilight123450"]I think Jake is really nice and my dad agrees.... Jake just makes sure everyones in line and thats his job, but hes really nice about it.... Jake, by no means is an ass hole....[/quote] The understatement there in-line. During the concert Jake was in front of the guys and then the rail, well there was of course a couple of total assholes that got out of hand, drunk or whatever. One fell over the rail into the stage and Jake and security took care of him. And watching the guys I caught at one moment Brent say something to Jake and watching to see what it was all about Brent spotted someone in the front smokin a cig or doobie who knows at this point but Jake jumped right on it and the guy was taken out. Another point everyone was literally hot and thristy Brent talked to jake once again and Jake came back with several cases of water and passed them out . In essence? jake is their ultimate bodyguard or arch- angel. He is totally devoted to them. And all the while is singing along with Brent and the rest of us. What a sweetheart! 8)

It saddens me to hear people don't like Jake. I got the very fortunate experience of meeting him last week at our concert and the guy was great! He let us bring in all of our gifts. And he felt so bad that he was late bringing our guitars over as he had to get the guys set up for the 200 cd signing after the show, that he came with all 5 guitars on his back so none of us would wait. And even when one of the woman made a comment that the band didn't even look over at them during the show (I don't know where she was sitting), he as all apologetic to her saying oh, it wasn't intentional, they would never not pay attention to a fan, etc.

Maybe it's just the role of authority that some people can't handle, and assume the guy is an ass because "that guy is ruining our fun!!" But I am happy to hear you got to meet him :)

ShinedownChica

Fri, 08/13/2010 - 18:56

yeahh jake is definitely the best you could ask for for a job like that.... he gets the job done as hes sposed to, and hes nice , not an ass about it.... like my grandpa kept gettin in the way and he had to tell him 3 times before directing him where he had to go and never lost his patience with him once.... and my grandpa was ready to start a lil fight, but jake kept his cool and nuttin ever went down.....

[quote="aromaine"]It saddens me to hear people don't like Jake. I got the very fortunate experience of meeting him last week at our concert and the guy was great! He let us bring in all of our gifts. And he felt so bad that he was late bringing our guitars over as he had to get the guys set up for the 200 cd signing after the show, that he came with all 5 guitars on his back so none of us would wait. And even when one of the woman made a comment that the band didn't even look over at them during the show (I don't know where she was sitting), he as all apologetic to her saying oh, it wasn't intentional, they would never not pay attention to a fan, etc.

Maybe it's just the role of authority that some people can't handle, and assume the guy is an ass because "that guy is ruining our fun!!" But I am happy to hear you got to meet him :)[/quote] I learned dont believe everything you read about somebody, especailly when it pertained to Jake. He was great! He really was. btw randomsunkist was there and gave the guys her mini's it was great!

_blessmy4

Fri, 08/13/2010 - 22:06

He did the same at our show, brought out waters and handed them out to the fans. He seems nice enough, but at our show, we weren't allowed to take pictures at the cd signing, except far back. How they had it set up, we couldn't get a good picture of them as all the fans were in front of them. Makes me just a little jealous when I see others having great shots at their cd signing?!?! :?

ShinedownChica

Sat, 08/14/2010 - 07:15

i felt the same way man..... and i didnt have seats where i could get good pics of them either......

randomsunkist17

Sat, 08/14/2010 - 09:49

I love Jake, he has a giant teddy bear and I did get a picture with him and I made him Towelie which he and the rest of the guys loved. He's a really funny guy too.

dalamar_2

Sat, 08/14/2010 - 16:16

Anyone saying Jake's anything but a charming and generous person would be downright wrong.

ShinedownChica

Sat, 08/14/2010 - 17:41

exactly.... Jake's amazing =) but i mean i dont know him as much as some of you do, but from what i saw, hes just sweet.... hes just as devoted to the fans as the guys are and you dont find many people in his position that are like that

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 08/15/2010 - 10:09

i've met jake three times and every time he's been awesome, nothing but a stand up guy. i met him at the meet and greet last august and then again in october in the october show he remembered me when he came out to get the nation peeps for the meet and greet. he was very cool and shook my hand and asked how i was doing. he is an awesome dude. after the show i was talking with zach and barry and he came up to me and just started talking as if we were buds. i repect him and admire him for everything he does for the guys he is an awesome dude.

JAKE FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed Jake is awesome!!!!!! He was very nice to all of us at my M&G and i was also fortunate to get a pic with him.

inked4life

Sat, 08/21/2010 - 04:33

Jake was so freaking awesome! I was having an issue with my platinum package, and the ticket vendor was being a bitch, he sorted that out right away as soon as I heard him calling my name for the m&g. For some reason the confirmation email said one ticket at 1000 instead of saying two at 500 each. I even showed the lady the email saying that the platinum package was supposed to have two and she was like I only have one ticket for you. So Jake was like "the hell?" and fixed it for me. It was so freaking awesome, and Jake is from Oklahoma and Brent dedicated a song to him. That was super cool. He seemed real touched by it.

We've met him twice at meet & greets and he has been better than great both times. He got a kick out of watching my wife get all "weak-kneed" when brent was singing "shed some light" to her. Jake just looked at her and belly laughed.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 10/13/2010 - 15:15

Everyone's entitled to a bad day sometimes.... so agreed Ray.... Jake is a really good guy =)

tessarakt

Wed, 11/24/2010 - 17:06

I haven't read all the replies yet and this being only my second post forgive me for just jumping in ...

We met Jake at the Chattanooga acoustic show. We did the meet and greet and we got to ask a question. (I made Dave ask, I coudln't do it)

We joked, and still do, that Jake seemed a little paranoid, but considering his JOB ... seemed plenty nice enough. He asked what Dave was going to ask and told him he had a list he hadn't chosen from yet, showed it to Jake and he told Dave they were all good and to stick to his list. After Dave asked his question he said Jake actually gave him a hug.

He's got a tough job, and even though we only spent a few minutes altogether with him ... seemed like a pretty good guy.

crueangel

Thu, 11/25/2010 - 08:14

I totally agree tht Jake is a cool dude. The first time I saw him was in Jax at the COM tour. He walked out of the door and someone in line said "That is one big f'n dude!" And considering I'm barely over 5' tall, he is huge next to me! LOL I agree that he can be paranoid, but I am damn glad someone like him is watching over Shinedown! You just kinda know that NO ONE is going to f with them while Jake is around! THANKS, JAKE!

Got to meet Jake last night! He doesn't take any shit...but that's his job. Once you talk to him, he's a pretty cool guy! He did us a huge favor and I will be forever greatful to him because of it!

inked4life

Fri, 11/26/2010 - 02:04

Yeah he doesn't allow anything bad to happen on his watch. For example the ticket people wouldn't give me my other ticket even though I had an email printed saying my package comes with two. He resolved that immediately. Also, someone was trying to get in the cd meet and greet deal without even having a wristband to participate, and he was trying to tell them to get lost and they wouldn't leave, I was afraid there was gonna be a fight. Cool guy and I am gonna have to thank him for taking care of me when I was freaking out about them not giving me my other ticket.

I can second Mandy's comment, he is tough, almost scary. He definitely knows his job and is good at it, carries major authority. However, once you get a chance to talk to him for a bit, he really is awesome! We thought we'd lost our chance for our M&G and we ended up with a more personal time and maybe even more time with the guys than we would have had. Jake was running this way and that during the show, not letting anything slide. Wish I would have had my pic taken with him...maybe next time:)

I totally saw him yell at some people and shove them because they were trying to get on stage to get the setlist, but then earlier at the M&G, I gave him a small package of truffles too. He pulled me aside after the M&G and said, listen, is there anything I can get you for the show? I looked at Matt dumbfounded. To me, that was such a loaded question. I asked if he could get me a pick or two, and good to his word, he threw in a few into my guitar case. He also waved at us backstage during the show.

Basically, you will get treated by him exactly as you treat him.

crueangel

Sun, 11/28/2010 - 17:42

[quote="aromaine"]Basically, you will get treated by him exactly as you treat him.[/quote]

I totally agree! If you listen to him, and don't try him, he is a great guy to deal with!

And he is one big SOB. Now allright I do have to say a lot of kind words for the guy. He came out and rescued us from the heat. And he is really Hot! No not as hot outside the guy is really cute. He handled the meetngreet great. I watched him during the concert he was should I say in front of the guys while they were playing and he is like their guardian angel.One guy had too much to drink and well lets say kinda jumped over the barriers and well Jake went off on the security people big time. And at one point Brent seen there was alot of people with heat exhaustion and during the concert had Jake bring a few cases of water and give them out whi8le they were perfoming. Anyway? I told Jake from what I had read about him alot of people thoguht he was an ashole. He lloked at me with sad eyes, no kidding but after seeing what he is doing? He is just doing his job.Plus I got my pic made with him as did randomsunkist on here. As for the concert and meetngreet? Well thats another whole thread in itself! :shock: :shock: :shock:

comments

[quote="aromaine"]Basically, you will get treated by him exactly as you treat him.[/quote]

I totally agree! If you listen to him, and don't try him, he is a great guy to deal with!

I totally saw him yell at some people and shove them because they were trying to get on stage to get the setlist, but then earlier at the M&G, I gave him a small package of truffles too. He pulled me aside after the M&G and said, listen, is there anything I can get you for the show? I looked at Matt dumbfounded. To me, that was such a loaded question. I asked if he could get me a pick or two, and good to his word, he threw in a few into my guitar case. He also waved at us backstage during the show.

Basically, you will get treated by him exactly as you treat him.

I can second Mandy's comment, he is tough, almost scary. He definitely knows his job and is good at it, carries major authority. However, once you get a chance to talk to him for a bit, he really is awesome! We thought we'd lost our chance for our M&G and we ended up with a more personal time and maybe even more time with the guys than we would have had. Jake was running this way and that during the show, not letting anything slide. Wish I would have had my pic taken with him...maybe next time:)

Yeah he doesn't allow anything bad to happen on his watch. For example the ticket people wouldn't give me my other ticket even though I had an email printed saying my package comes with two. He resolved that immediately. Also, someone was trying to get in the cd meet and greet deal without even having a wristband to participate, and he was trying to tell them to get lost and they wouldn't leave, I was afraid there was gonna be a fight. Cool guy and I am gonna have to thank him for taking care of me when I was freaking out about them not giving me my other ticket.

Got to meet Jake last night! He doesn't take any shit...but that's his job. Once you talk to him, he's a pretty cool guy! He did us a huge favor and I will be forever greatful to him because of it!

I totally agree tht Jake is a cool dude. The first time I saw him was in Jax at the COM tour. He walked out of the door and someone in line said "That is one big f'n dude!" And considering I'm barely over 5' tall, he is huge next to me! LOL I agree that he can be paranoid, but I am damn glad someone like him is watching over Shinedown! You just kinda know that NO ONE is going to f with them while Jake is around! THANKS, JAKE!

I haven't read all the replies yet and this being only my second post forgive me for just jumping in ...

We met Jake at the Chattanooga acoustic show. We did the meet and greet and we got to ask a question. (I made Dave ask, I coudln't do it)

We joked, and still do, that Jake seemed a little paranoid, but considering his JOB ... seemed plenty nice enough. He asked what Dave was going to ask and told him he had a list he hadn't chosen from yet, showed it to Jake and he told Dave they were all good and to stick to his list. After Dave asked his question he said Jake actually gave him a hug.

He's got a tough job, and even though we only spent a few minutes altogether with him ... seemed like a pretty good guy.

Everyone's entitled to a bad day sometimes.... so agreed Ray.... Jake is a really good guy =)

We disagree with the origional poster.......

We've met him twice at meet & greets and he has been better than great both times. He got a kick out of watching my wife get all "weak-kneed" when brent was singing "shed some light" to her. Jake just looked at her and belly laughed.

Jake was so freaking awesome! I was having an issue with my platinum package, and the ticket vendor was being a bitch, he sorted that out right away as soon as I heard him calling my name for the m&g. For some reason the confirmation email said one ticket at 1000 instead of saying two at 500 each. I even showed the lady the email saying that the platinum package was supposed to have two and she was like I only have one ticket for you. So Jake was like "the hell?" and fixed it for me. It was so freaking awesome, and Jake is from Oklahoma and Brent dedicated a song to him. That was super cool. He seemed real touched by it.

agreed Jake is awesome!!!!!! He was very nice to all of us at my M&G and i was also fortunate to get a pic with him.

JAKE FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've met jake three times and every time he's been awesome, nothing but a stand up guy. i met him at the meet and greet last august and then again in october in the october show he remembered me when he came out to get the nation peeps for the meet and greet. he was very cool and shook my hand and asked how i was doing. he is an awesome dude. after the show i was talking with zach and barry and he came up to me and just started talking as if we were buds. i repect him and admire him for everything he does for the guys he is an awesome dude.

exactly.... Jake's amazing =) but i mean i dont know him as much as some of you do, but from what i saw, hes just sweet.... hes just as devoted to the fans as the guys are and you dont find many people in his position that are like that

Anyone saying Jake's anything but a charming and generous person would be downright wrong.

I love Jake, he has a giant teddy bear and I did get a picture with him and I made him Towelie which he and the rest of the guys loved. He's a really funny guy too.

i felt the same way man..... and i didnt have seats where i could get good pics of them either......

He did the same at our show, brought out waters and handed them out to the fans. He seems nice enough, but at our show, we weren't allowed to take pictures at the cd signing, except far back. How they had it set up, we couldn't get a good picture of them as all the fans were in front of them. Makes me just a little jealous when I see others having great shots at their cd signing?!?! :?

[quote="aromaine"]It saddens me to hear people don't like Jake. I got the very fortunate experience of meeting him last week at our concert and the guy was great! He let us bring in all of our gifts. And he felt so bad that he was late bringing our guitars over as he had to get the guys set up for the 200 cd signing after the show, that he came with all 5 guitars on his back so none of us would wait. And even when one of the woman made a comment that the band didn't even look over at them during the show (I don't know where she was sitting), he as all apologetic to her saying oh, it wasn't intentional, they would never not pay attention to a fan, etc.

Maybe it's just the role of authority that some people can't handle, and assume the guy is an ass because "that guy is ruining our fun!!" But I am happy to hear you got to meet him :)[/quote] I learned dont believe everything you read about somebody, especailly when it pertained to Jake. He was great! He really was. btw randomsunkist was there and gave the guys her mini's it was great!

yeahh jake is definitely the best you could ask for for a job like that.... he gets the job done as hes sposed to, and hes nice , not an ass about it.... like my grandpa kept gettin in the way and he had to tell him 3 times before directing him where he had to go and never lost his patience with him once.... and my grandpa was ready to start a lil fight, but jake kept his cool and nuttin ever went down.....

It saddens me to hear people don't like Jake. I got the very fortunate experience of meeting him last week at our concert and the guy was great! He let us bring in all of our gifts. And he felt so bad that he was late bringing our guitars over as he had to get the guys set up for the 200 cd signing after the show, that he came with all 5 guitars on his back so none of us would wait. And even when one of the woman made a comment that the band didn't even look over at them during the show (I don't know where she was sitting), he as all apologetic to her saying oh, it wasn't intentional, they would never not pay attention to a fan, etc.

Maybe it's just the role of authority that some people can't handle, and assume the guy is an ass because "that guy is ruining our fun!!" But I am happy to hear you got to meet him :)

[quote="twilight123450"]I think Jake is really nice and my dad agrees.... Jake just makes sure everyones in line and thats his job, but hes really nice about it.... Jake, by no means is an ass hole....[/quote] The understatement there in-line. During the concert Jake was in front of the guys and then the rail, well there was of course a couple of total assholes that got out of hand, drunk or whatever. One fell over the rail into the stage and Jake and security took care of him. And watching the guys I caught at one moment Brent say something to Jake and watching to see what it was all about Brent spotted someone in the front smokin a cig or doobie who knows at this point but Jake jumped right on it and the guy was taken out. Another point everyone was literally hot and thristy Brent talked to jake once again and Jake came back with several cases of water and passed them out . In essence? jake is their ultimate bodyguard or arch- angel. He is totally devoted to them. And all the while is singing along with Brent and the rest of us. What a sweetheart! 8)

I think Jake is really nice and my dad agrees.... Jake just makes sure everyones in line and thats his job, but hes really nice about it.... Jake, by no means is an ass hole....

Ive met Jake a few times and hes always been OK
he was a bit off at one gig but that was prob due to the long hours he does and everyone has an off day