Fave Lyrics?

• Fave Lyrics?
    D.Green89

Some lyrics are masterful in Shinedowns music but which are your best? I love the sound of madness lyrics 'yeah I geddit your an outcast..always under attack always coming in last bringing up the past'but better version 'i am not perfect, and I don't claim to beee, and if that's what you wanted..well then am so sorrry!' :D are the best for me.

What about yours? Which Lyrics stand out for you or maybe even appeal to you on a personal level?

Submitted by D.Green89 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

FadedWonderland

Fri, 12/03/2010 - 08:28

[color=green]My favorite lyric has to be from Diamond Eyes:

I'm on the frontline don't worry I'll be fine, the story's just beginning. I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to regret"

I like it because I feel like it is my life as everyday I feel like I am on the frontline but I always listen to this song and tell myself that I will be fine.

I also really like the song Breaking Inside as a whole for kinda the same reason.[/color]

erica881014

Sat, 12/04/2010 - 19:39

i would have say that one of mine is better version "i am not perfect and i don't claim to be" too. but there's a couple from [u]what a shame[/u] that i like:

-there's a hard life for every silver spoon

-what a shame to judge a life that you can't change

-what a shame to have to beg you to see that we're not all the same

i like it because being different sometimes makes people treat you different.but it's okay with me ,i don't wanna be like everyone else.but the crap someone can lay on you because of being different or for some mistake you might have made is freakin ridiculous..

I'm very lucky in that one of my favorites:

I

amaryllis97

Mon, 12/06/2010 - 21:23

from Breaking Inside I don't want to fall and say I lost it all.

from What a Shame

what a shame what a shame to juge a life that you can't change

FadedWonderland

Tue, 12/07/2010 - 10:05

[color=green]I also really like the chorus to Energy

Who cares who's there to stare
And tell you how to look?
I'm not even sure they know
You by name.
Who cares who's there to share
What they think of you,
Everybody here plays the
Same fucking games.

I love it because I don't care what other people have to say about me, as long as I am happy in my own skin. Most people at my school thrive on what other people think, but I don't.[/color]

erica881014

Tue, 12/07/2010 - 17:39

[quote="faded_wonderland"][color=green]I love it because I don't care what other people have to say about me, as long as I am happy in my own skin. Most people at my school thrive on what other people think, but I don't.[/color][/quote]

thank god for people who don't give a fuck what anybody thinks!!!!!!!
lol. i never understood why people care what everbody else thinks.as long as you like who you are..i don't think it should matter. :lol:

FadedWonderland

Tue, 12/07/2010 - 18:20

[quote="erica881014"][quote="faded_wonderland"][color=green]I love it because I don't care what other people have to say about me, as long as I am happy in my own skin. Most people at my school thrive on what other people think, but I don't.[/color][/quote]

lol. i never understood why people care what everbody else thinks.as long as you like who you are..i don't think it should matter. :lol:[/quote]

[color=green]At my school, it is the worst. A bunch of rich kids who think i'm weird because I don't buy brand names, but who cares! I got the best no name clothing you will ever see :D[/color]

crueangel

Wed, 12/08/2010 - 19:46

Whoa- would you like a list? LOL :D

Ok- from "Fly From the Inside"
"I decided to fly from the inside!"
SO inspirational, and it's what made me fall in love with Shinedown.

from "Heroes"

"You can put a man on trial but you can't make the guilty pay,
You can cage an animal, but you can't take away the rage!"

from "Diamond Eyes"

"Now I see the world through diamond eyes!"

To me, this lyric is all about being jaded- seeing the world through cold hard eyes. Like a soldier who has gone to war and sees too much bloodshed. Or just seeing too much bad stuff in your life, it makes you hard and cold.
I guess I'll leave it at that for now. Otherwise, I'll be here all night! :lol:

erica881014

Wed, 12/08/2010 - 21:05

[color=green]At my school, it is the worst. A bunch of rich kids who think i'm weird because I don't buy brand names, but who cares! I got the best no name clothing you will ever see :D[/color][/quote]

i've graduated but when i was in school it was the same way.but you know what,the people that do that,they have it coming.and some of the best people were at one time weird.so right on.be weird is what i say.let them think and make fun all they want.you might be rich and famous one day.then who has the last laugh. :lol:

FadedWonderland

Mon, 12/13/2010 - 18:09

[color=green]so far, I am the only one with actual dreams :D I hope they come true so that I can come back 10 years from now and say "look where I am"[/color]

shinedowngirl2013

Mon, 12/13/2010 - 20:10

"I dont want to fall and say i lost it all cause maybe theres a part of me that hit the wall."
Mainly because I dont ever wanna give up and say i lost everything. I try to keep my self going no matter what. Which is really hard for me.

crueangel

Wed, 12/15/2010 - 18:38

[quote="shinedowngirl2013"]"I dont want to fall and say i lost it all cause maybe theres a part of me that hit the wall."
Mainly because I dont ever wanna give up and say i lost everything. I try to keep my self going no matter what. Which is really hard for me.[/quote]

It IS very hard to keep yourself going, especially the way the world is now. I just keep Shinedown's music close, so I will always have something to turn to! So don't give up, cause you always have family here in the Nation! :)

PS- LOVE that pic of the guys o your sig! *wiping the drool off the keyboard* :D

rockerbutterfly

Wed, 12/15/2010 - 20:33

TCATB :Your words still serenade me

Call me:Wrap me in a bolt of lightning
Send me on my way still smiling

inked4life

Wed, 12/15/2010 - 22:15

Someday : we're not on the same page, you don't even know me, cause you never took the time.

shinedowngirl2013

Thu, 12/16/2010 - 00:15

[quote="crueangel"][quote="shinedowngirl2013"]"I dont want to fall and say i lost it all cause maybe theres a part of me that hit the wall."
Mainly because I dont ever wanna give up and say i lost everything. I try to keep my self going no matter what. Which is really hard for me.[/quote]

It IS very hard to keep yourself going, especially the way the world is now. I just keep Shinedown's music close, so I will always have something to turn to! So don't give up, cause you always have family here in the Nation! :)

PS- LOVE that pic of the guys o your sig! *wiping the drool off the keyboard* :D[/quote]

Thank You!! Yeah, they have saved me from alot. when ever im down i just turn on a Shinedown song and chill out.

IKR?! Yummy!!! lol

ShinedownChica

Fri, 12/24/2010 - 17:45

"I never thought you'd slip away. I guess I was just a little too late"
After hearing the story of TCATB and really having the meaning sink in and relate to my life this particular line described the loss I never expected.

tessarakt

Fri, 12/24/2010 - 23:06

[quote="twilight123450"]"I never thought you'd slip away. I guess I was just a little too late"
After hearing the story of TCATB and really having the meaning sink in and relate to my life this particular line described the loss I never expected.[/quote]

I honestly can't pick ... but wanted to say that TCATB is my 5 yr old's fave song, and what's a little odd ... maybe even a little spooky about that ... I lost my first baby. Miscarried around 9-10 weeks. That baby was due end of Feb 05. My daughter was conceived when the baby I lost was due. My daughter would not BE here if I'd not lost the first.
I was thinking about that while Brent was talking about TCATB at the A&E show and I started to cry.

crueangel

Sat, 12/25/2010 - 18:30

Wow, that's an awesome story, Jen! I don't think it's creepy that your daughter likes that song, I think it's cool. It's awesome you have such a great daughter, and I love that you are raising her on music!

ShinedownChica

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:29

I cried too jen... I was due at the end of march 11 so it really hit me when he told the story.... I was also 9-10 weeks....

tessarakt

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 13:50

[quote="twilight123450"]I cried too jen... I was due at the end of march 11 so it really hit me when he told the story.... I was also 9-10 weeks....[/quote]

They never really leave us, they'll always be with us.
HUGS for you!!!

My fave lyrics are from "stranger inside" I'ts excactly how i felt when i was burned out a few years ago.

"Have you ever felt lost inside so unloved within that you almost die
Have you ever stepped out of the light and realized there's a stranger inside"

crueangel

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 16:13

That's the way I feel sometimes, too, siouxi.

Hugs to BOTH of you, Jen & twilight!

JacquiMac

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 22:47

My favorites lyrics are

"...how could I love this life so dishonest? It made me compromise..."

That song saved me from my addiction!

ShinedownChica

Tue, 12/28/2010 - 01:01

yes they will and even though we never met them, we are there mommy's and you know they wouldve loved us as much as us them ♥

Mannequin of Misery

Mon, 01/10/2011 - 00:57

Breaking Inside - "I don't want to live to waste another day underneath the shadow of mistakes I've made."

Regrets aren't worth anything; the lines of this song remind me to just look ahead, don't waste time with regrets.

Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide - "She's a Mannequinn of Misery. She's on a bender but she ain't gonna break."

Yeah, I'm a mess but I'm stronger than you know and you won't break me. Just watch and see.

Fly From the Inside - "I don't wear a mask and I have no regrets."

Again with the regrets but with an emphasis on being real, genuine and just who I am. No masks - what you see is what you get.

There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of gray for every shade of blue. That's the way that I see life if there was nothing wrong then there'd be nothing right.

Powerful stuff right there.

metalaero

Wed, 03/09/2011 - 20:24

"Nothing's ever wrong but nothing's ever right. Such a cruel contradiction."

Changes depending on my mood, but lately:

You better pray that there's another way out
You better pray that someone's listening now
(And doesn't want to watch you drown)
'Cuz when you lie you're like the devil himself
[b]No angels gonna hear your cry for help[/b]

:D

Fonic_Hymnist

Thu, 03/10/2011 - 22:46

Send a message to the unborn child
Keep your eyes open for a while
In a box high up on the shelf, left for you, no one else
There's a piece of a puzzle known as life
Wrapped in guilt, sealed up tight

my nephew died when he was two weeks old... my girlfrind used these ones to calm me down...

Speak to me
So I can understand your tongue
You seem rather fragile
It's been said
It's cold beyond the sun
Have you ever been there?

just love the meaning...

I'll always keep you inside
You healed my heart and my life
And you know I tried

reminds me of and old boyfriend

crueangel

Fri, 03/11/2011 - 20:57

These lines from "What A Shame" really hit home for me...

God forgive the hands that laid you down
'Cause they never knew how
Much a broken heart can break the sound
And change the seasons....

The first time I heard it, I thought it said "God fogrive the hands that LET you down," so it reallly hit me, b/c there have been sooo many people in my life that I trusted that let me down. And unfortunately, it hasn't stopped. I am working for my sister who is a habitual liar, and every time I catch her in a lie, these words run through my head, and I just have to turn away.

Some lyrics are masterful in Shinedowns music but which are your best? I love the sound of madness lyrics 'yeah I geddit your an outcast..always under attack always coming in last bringing up the past'but better version 'i am not perfect, and I don't claim to beee, and if that's what you wanted..well then am so sorrry!' :D are the best for me.

What about yours? Which Lyrics stand out for you or maybe even appeal to you on a personal level?

comments

[color=green]It isn't really lyrics, but I adore listening to Brent just talk. He is so inspirational and I can't help but smile :D[/color]

There are so many to choose from, but the one, so far that always stands out for me is:
I am focused on what I am after, the key to the next open chapter. From Fly From the Inside.
I can relate that to my life in so many ways. Just to keep moving forward no matter what life throws at you.

hugs and prayers rc

Take care of yourself, rc! We're here if you need to vent, and you're in our prayers! {HUGS} from FL!

Hang in there my friend. I believe we are all afforded the same number of second chances it just depends on what we choose to do with the second chances we are given. Stay strong and keep your head up better times will come.

Just as Brent says: "Every day is a new deception, so pick your scene and take direction".

Well today it's now Second Chance thats on replay.

I have started to wonder how many second chances a person gets. I'm dealing with a divorce(again), I'm a single parent(again), and I'm going in for pre-op this week to remove what they believe is a cancerous tumor in my head (again). On the brightside my 8 year old took me out on my birthday and that makes it all better.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time.

I'm glad Shinedown's lyrics can help you to cope with it.
All their lyrics have so much meaning to many of us.
If you need us, we're here :)

*hugs*

I wonder if the things I did were just to be different
To spare myself of the constant shame of my existence
And I would surely redeem myself in my desperation
Here and now I'll express, my situation

At the moment Burning Bright is on and this strikes home. I'm back to being a single father again but unfortunately this time my son knew someone walked out of his life. Trying to hold him together while not falling apart myself isn't the easiest thing. I could throw a dart at any of their lyrics and find a way it resonates in my life.

These lines from "What A Shame" really hit home for me...

God forgive the hands that laid you down
'Cause they never knew how
Much a broken heart can break the sound
And change the seasons....

The first time I heard it, I thought it said "God fogrive the hands that LET you down," so it reallly hit me, b/c there have been sooo many people in my life that I trusted that let me down. And unfortunately, it hasn't stopped. I am working for my sister who is a habitual liar, and every time I catch her in a lie, these words run through my head, and I just have to turn away.

Send a message to the unborn child
Keep your eyes open for a while
In a box high up on the shelf, left for you, no one else
There's a piece of a puzzle known as life
Wrapped in guilt, sealed up tight

my nephew died when he was two weeks old... my girlfrind used these ones to calm me down...

Speak to me
So I can understand your tongue
You seem rather fragile
It's been said
It's cold beyond the sun
Have you ever been there?

just love the meaning...

I'll always keep you inside
You healed my heart and my life
And you know I tried

reminds me of and old boyfriend

My fav lately

Changes depending on my mood, but lately:

You better pray that there's another way out
You better pray that someone's listening now
(And doesn't want to watch you drown)
'Cuz when you lie you're like the devil himself
[b]No angels gonna hear your cry for help[/b]

:D

"Nothing's ever wrong but nothing's ever right. Such a cruel contradiction."

There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of gray for every shade of blue. That's the way that I see life if there was nothing wrong then there'd be nothing right.

Powerful stuff right there.

Breaking Inside - "I don't want to live to waste another day underneath the shadow of mistakes I've made."

Regrets aren't worth anything; the lines of this song remind me to just look ahead, don't waste time with regrets.

Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide - "She's a Mannequinn of Misery. She's on a bender but she ain't gonna break."

Yeah, I'm a mess but I'm stronger than you know and you won't break me. Just watch and see.

Fly From the Inside - "I don't wear a mask and I have no regrets."

Again with the regrets but with an emphasis on being real, genuine and just who I am. No masks - what you see is what you get.

yes they will and even though we never met them, we are there mommy's and you know they wouldve loved us as much as us them ♥

My favorites lyrics are

"...how could I love this life so dishonest? It made me compromise..."

That song saved me from my addiction!

That's the way I feel sometimes, too, siouxi.

Hugs to BOTH of you, Jen & twilight!

My fave lyrics are from "stranger inside" I'ts excactly how i felt when i was burned out a few years ago.

"Have you ever felt lost inside so unloved within that you almost die
Have you ever stepped out of the light and realized there's a stranger inside"

[quote="twilight123450"]I cried too jen... I was due at the end of march 11 so it really hit me when he told the story.... I was also 9-10 weeks....[/quote]

They never really leave us, they'll always be with us.
HUGS for you!!!

I cried too jen... I was due at the end of march 11 so it really hit me when he told the story.... I was also 9-10 weeks....

Wow, that's an awesome story, Jen! I don't think it's creepy that your daughter likes that song, I think it's cool. It's awesome you have such a great daughter, and I love that you are raising her on music!

[quote="twilight123450"]"I never thought you'd slip away. I guess I was just a little too late"
After hearing the story of TCATB and really having the meaning sink in and relate to my life this particular line described the loss I never expected.[/quote]

I honestly can't pick ... but wanted to say that TCATB is my 5 yr old's fave song, and what's a little odd ... maybe even a little spooky about that ... I lost my first baby. Miscarried around 9-10 weeks. That baby was due end of Feb 05. My daughter was conceived when the baby I lost was due. My daughter would not BE here if I'd not lost the first.
I was thinking about that while Brent was talking about TCATB at the A&E show and I started to cry.

"I never thought you'd slip away. I guess I was just a little too late"
After hearing the story of TCATB and really having the meaning sink in and relate to my life this particular line described the loss I never expected.

[quote="crueangel"][quote="shinedowngirl2013"]"I dont want to fall and say i lost it all cause maybe theres a part of me that hit the wall."

PS- LOVE that pic of the guys o your sig! *wiping the drool off the keyboard* :D[/quote]

Thank You!! Yeah, they have saved me from alot. when ever im down i just turn on a Shinedown song and chill out.

IKR?! Yummy!!! lol

Someday : we're not on the same page, you don't even know me, cause you never took the time.

TCATB :Your words still serenade me

Call me:Wrap me in a bolt of lightning
Send me on my way still smiling

[quote="shinedowngirl2013"]"I dont want to fall and say i lost it all cause maybe theres a part of me that hit the wall."

PS- LOVE that pic of the guys o your sig! *wiping the drool off the keyboard* :D

"I dont want to fall and say i lost it all cause maybe theres a part of me that hit the wall."
Mainly because I dont ever wanna give up and say i lost everything. I try to keep my self going no matter what. Which is really hard for me.

[color=green]so far, I am the only one with actual dreams :D I hope they come true so that I can come back 10 years from now and say "look where I am"[/color]

[color=green]At my school, it is the worst. A bunch of rich kids who think i'm weird because I don't buy brand names, but who cares! I got the best no name clothing you will ever see :D[/color][/quote]

i've graduated but when i was in school it was the same way.but you know what,the people that do that,they have it coming.and some of the best people were at one time weird.so right on.be weird is what i say.let them think and make fun all they want.you might be rich and famous one day.then who has the last laugh. :lol:

Whoa- would you like a list? LOL :D

Ok- from "Fly From the Inside"
"I decided to fly from the inside!"
SO inspirational, and it's what made me fall in love with Shinedown.

from "Heroes"

"You can put a man on trial but you can't make the guilty pay,
You can cage an animal, but you can't take away the rage!"

from "Diamond Eyes"

"Now I see the world through diamond eyes!"

To me, this lyric is all about being jaded- seeing the world through cold hard eyes. Like a soldier who has gone to war and sees too much bloodshed. Or just seeing too much bad stuff in your life, it makes you hard and cold.
I guess I'll leave it at that for now. Otherwise, I'll be here all night! :lol:

[quote="erica881014"][quote="faded_wonderland"][color=green]I love it because I don't care what other people have to say about me, as long as I am happy in my own skin. Most people at my school thrive on what other people think, but I don't.[/color][/quote]

lol. i never understood why people care what everbody else thinks.as long as you like who you are..i don't think it should matter. :lol:[/quote]

[color=green]At my school, it is the worst. A bunch of rich kids who think i'm weird because I don't buy brand names, but who cares! I got the best no name clothing you will ever see :D[/color]

[quote="faded_wonderland"][color=green]I love it because I don't care what other people have to say about me, as long as I am happy in my own skin. Most people at my school thrive on what other people think, but I don't.[/color][/quote]

lol. i never understood why people care what everbody else thinks.as long as you like who you are..i don't think it should matter. :lol:

[color=green]I also really like the chorus to Energy

Who cares who's there to stare
And tell you how to look?
I'm not even sure they know
You by name.
Who cares who's there to share
What they think of you,
Everybody here plays the
Same fucking games.

I love it because I don't care what other people have to say about me, as long as I am happy in my own skin. Most people at my school thrive on what other people think, but I don't.[/color]

from Breaking Inside I don't want to fall and say I lost it all.

from What a Shame

what a shame what a shame to juge a life that you can't change

I'm very lucky in that one of my favorites:

I

i would have say that one of mine is better version "i am not perfect and i don't claim to be" too. but there's a couple from [u]what a shame[/u] that i like:

-there's a hard life for every silver spoon

-what a shame to judge a life that you can't change

-what a shame to have to beg you to see that we're not all the same

i like it because being different sometimes makes people treat you different.but it's okay with me ,i don't wanna be like everyone else.but the crap someone can lay on you because of being different or for some mistake you might have made is freakin ridiculous..

[color=green]My favorite lyric has to be from Diamond Eyes:

I'm on the frontline don't worry I'll be fine, the story's just beginning. I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to regret"

I like it because I feel like it is my life as everyday I feel like I am on the frontline but I always listen to this song and tell myself that I will be fine.

I also really like the song Breaking Inside as a whole for kinda the same reason.[/color]