Can I just say.......

• Can I just say.......
    mothernature

Sound Of Madness ROCKS!

I have finished my initial listening process of the new album. It takes me 9-10 full times through listening to different aspects (vocals, guitars, bass, melody, drums, etc) before I just listen for the pleasure of the music.

I am now in pleasure mode! :P

I have always been a drummer lover and I have to say the drums absolutely rock on this cd.

I am now more stoked than ever to see the shows!!

Submitted by mothernature on
Forum category
Is pro
No

haha I'm same way when I get a new cd

also I have to fully agree with you Sound of Madness rocks <3

Haha. I'm like that too. I have to listen to it at least 5 times before I can just listen to it for fun. The first few times I'm contemplating everything to see if I like it. I have to say the album is pretty good. I find it better than Us and Them, but I'm not sure if I like it more than Leave a Whisper.

BrAnDi_11

Mon, 06/23/2008 - 15:02

I personally think the more you listen to it the songs just get better & better even the ones I liked but wasnt crazy about in the beginning now i couldnt pick a fav if i had to.

hollydoll

Mon, 06/23/2008 - 15:07

Agreed Brandi. I wasn't too crazy about Breaking Inside or What a Shame at first, but they're already growing on me. I think that Devour is my least favorite at this point.

mothernature

Mon, 06/23/2008 - 15:43

I have to agree in regards to Devour; although there is a point in the song where they sound just like the old Soundgarden/Cornell. I love that part for nostalgic reasons. I think it will be played out really fast. Hopefully at that point the better songs will shinedown and take over!

whatashame_9055

Mon, 06/23/2008 - 20:01

[quote="mothernature"]I have always been a drummer lover and I have to say the drums absolutely rock on this cd.[/quote]

I'm pretty fond of drums too, I think I'll have all I can handle with Barry and John Fred(from Black Stone Cherry) on July 13th.

maniacmat

Mon, 06/23/2008 - 20:12

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone just listened to Devour wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much already. But, I'm glad I have 13 other songs to keep my fancy! :mrgreen: I never thought I'd be able to say that they could actually compete with LAW, but this album is really... really good. It took me a couple listens also to realize that, but now I just have some serious shinedown love goin' on.

shiner_1405

Mon, 06/23/2008 - 21:15

this abum ia great..... love the bonus tracks....

Love Son of Sam from the bonus tracks and my favorite from the regular tracks if I absolutely had to choose would be either What A Shame, Sin With A Grin, or Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide.

I agree. It takes me a few times of listening to fully appreciate the album. It has been in my cd player since Saturday when i got it, ive listened to the whole thing atleast 6 times now. I love and agree the direction they went with on this album. Brent's such a great writer and talented vocalist, the band just pulls it all together.

After listening to it 6 times, i really cant pinpoint my favorite song yet. But I love how call me finishes out the album (besides the bonus tracks)

mothernature

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 09:42

At this point, I've lost track.

Entire album, 15 times (+/-). I now skip around to songs that I am loving right now. I want to get the songs that have been played at the shows in my head for upcoming sets.

[quote="fenderguitars777"]So how many times has every body listened to it? I'm starting my 7th in a few minutes.[/quote]

A TON! Probably 30 times now maybe? I dont know, I listened to it on repeat for 8 hours at work yesterday. Also listened to it on the hour ride into work and the hour ride back home. Plus I listened to it for a couple hours last night at home. This doesnt include the 3 spins Sat night or the few hours I listened to it on Sunday :D

And no, Im not sick of it yet! Which means this CD ROCKS! :D

BrAnDi_11

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 13:56

Way to many to count I got drunk & listened to SOM on repeat all sat night & cant stop listening to it now. Love listening to new shindown cds & trying to relate & figure out what brent was thinking while writing this.

brandon_9010

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 14:29

Ive probably listened to it 100 times already haha. I downloaded it off myspace when they put it up, and listened to it everyday over and over for the last week. Of coarse I didnt steal it... I pre ordered it like 3 months ago ;) and it cam in the mail yesterday! First time I heard the bonus tracks, and I am very pleased with this album!

AntiSocial Pap…

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 14:43

I always gotta sleep on an album so I can learn all the lyrics. Works pretty well, actually! Got 10 hours in last night (it's summer--sleep is demanded) and listened it all the way through this morning with the lyrics to read. Rocks my socks, gotta say. :) I've never been good with picking song favs... so I'm not gonna.

[quote="fenderguitars777"]So how many times has every body listened to it? I'm starting my 7th in a few minutes.[/quote]

10 times so far

c_m_chance_4178

Tue, 06/24/2008 - 23:34

There's no telling how many times i've listened through it now. Today has defiinitely been a non-stop Shinedown day: i was off of work today and just sat down with the lyrics and listened to the CD through 2 times in a row just completely and entirely understanding everything that is suppose to be taken from the songs. But, before those two times idk how many tiems i listened to it straight through. Ik i have listened to select songs: Sound of Madness, What a Shame, Breaking Inside and Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide (not devour because i tore up the speakers in my truck listening to that one over and over and over....AND OVER before the album was released lol. But i listened to those 4 like close to 50 or 60 times each. My iTunes says i have listened to Sound of Madness 66 times actually but thats just on my laptop. This CD has been on my person all day long. I have listened to it in my truck, in my room, in my living room, on my desktop, and on my laptop, no telling the total count for all the songs lol.

GREAT CD!!!! KEEP EM COMING SHINEDOWN!!!

It totally rocks! I love their other 2 albums too. They haven't disappointed us yet!

hollydoll

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 10:21

Aside from the country music I'm forced to hear at work, SOM is the only thing I've listened to since it graced my mailbox on Monday! The only song I've really been skippis is Devour.

JeffTaormina

Wed, 06/25/2008 - 10:27

Not sure I have it loaded in my ipod in the dock and I have it looping over and over as I putter around today.

whc_demon

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 01:57

For the few days they had the regular version of the album up on their myspace, i listened to it over and over again every night from whatever time i got home form work (either 8:30 or 11:30) until about 3 in the morning, and now ive been doing it with the cd over and over again since i got it the other day...

i may have everyone beat at this point. haha, or at least ima contender.

synneraboveall

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 14:43

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you actually expect me to count and remember that...I put it on my MP3 player and listen to it at work when I'm bored..that can last for up to 5 hrs..I get bored easily at work. Then when I come home..it's the only thing I listen to and in my car...so I'd say maybe about 100 times or more...lol And it's only Wednesday and I got mine on Monday...lol

redglow508

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 21:34

Ok, way lost count to how many times I've listened to it, in my car to and from work, at home at night cuz T.V. sucks right now...any chance I get...and I agree, it took me several times to get it...it's like you gotta learn the words and be able to think about it and just soak it in...obsessed with Call Me, love What a Shame, I just had a close friend move away so Second Chance hits me hard, in a positive way, she's starting a new life, and def rock out to Sound of Madness and I have to admit I really dig the first two bonus tracks!

romancerockstar

Thu, 06/26/2008 - 21:56

Yeah - I have lost count as well! All I know that is by the time my pre-order came in the mail on Monday, I had seen them in New Orleans and myself and my 2 sons (12 and 8) knew ALL of the lyrics to all of the songs that were on MySpace!

:D

When Brent told me that every song on the album had his seal of approval, all I could think was, "Damn, knowing the pride that he takes in his work, no wonder it took so long for the new album!"

But it was soooo worth it!

synneraboveall

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 00:32

I listened to it 10 time alone today at work...then twice before work...that's a typical day of listening this album...lol

I love this album so much.
I was shaking when I got it.

synneraboveall

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 23:08

[quote="missxmarie"]I love this album so much.
I was shaking when I got it.[/quote]

Awww..... :D

evenangelsfall

Mon, 07/28/2008 - 04:03

[quote="fenderguitars777"]I think Sound of Madness has the potential to be their best album. I'll have to wait for the "honeymoon" as its called to be over... I always think everything is amazing until I hear it a few times. Seems flawless so far though :)[/quote]

Sooo how's that honeymoon thing workin for ya? :wink: Still loving it?

I've clearly lost track on how many times I have heard it. But I am still very very much in love with it.

When I get a new cd, I burn a few copies and tuck away the original to keep it pristine. So I have a copy in my car, and in my bedroom. And it's ripped to my media player as well. I seriously cannot get enuff.

doublej_3411

Mon, 07/28/2008 - 09:44

This CD truly has the potential to be their best to date. It's like a drug when you've never been high before. You never know what to think at first, but after it hits you...you never want to lose the feeling.

(I've [i][b]heard[/b][/i] of people say that about m.j. I've never done drugs before in my life)

SoM is simply amazing. I've actually listened to it so much that I've had 2 or 3 songs from the album stuck in my head at the same time.

Sound Of Madness ROCKS!

I have finished my initial listening process of the new album. It takes me 9-10 full times through listening to different aspects (vocals, guitars, bass, melody, drums, etc) before I just listen for the pleasure of the music.

I am now in pleasure mode! :P

I have always been a drummer lover and I have to say the drums absolutely rock on this cd.

I am now more stoked than ever to see the shows!!

comments

[quote="griffin"]SoM is simply amazing. I've actually listened to it so much that I've had 2 or 3 songs from the album stuck in my head at the same time.[/quote]

2 or 3 at the same time...LOL....

Gimmme a drink of that..

I need a long honeymoon. :lol:

I, too, have lost count of the number of times I have listened to SoM. I wil spin another but I end up back with this one time and time again....I have a feeling it is going to be a loooonnnnngggg honeymoon...as honeymoons should be!

I love me some SoM!!!!

SoM is simply amazing. I've actually listened to it so much that I've had 2 or 3 songs from the album stuck in my head at the same time.

This CD truly has the potential to be their best to date. It's like a drug when you've never been high before. You never know what to think at first, but after it hits you...you never want to lose the feeling.

(I've [i][b]heard[/b][/i] of people say that about m.j. I've never done drugs before in my life)

[quote="fenderguitars777"]I think Sound of Madness has the potential to be their best album. I'll have to wait for the "honeymoon" as its called to be over... I always think everything is amazing until I hear it a few times. Seems flawless so far though :)[/quote]

Sooo how's that honeymoon thing workin for ya? :wink: Still loving it?

I've clearly lost track on how many times I have heard it. But I am still very very much in love with it.

When I get a new cd, I burn a few copies and tuck away the original to keep it pristine. So I have a copy in my car, and in my bedroom. And it's ripped to my media player as well. I seriously cannot get enuff.

[quote="missxmarie"]I love this album so much.
I was shaking when I got it.[/quote]

Awww..... :D

I love this album so much.
I was shaking when I got it.

I listened to it 10 time alone today at work...then twice before work...that's a typical day of listening this album...lol

Yeah - I have lost count as well! All I know that is by the time my pre-order came in the mail on Monday, I had seen them in New Orleans and myself and my 2 sons (12 and 8) knew ALL of the lyrics to all of the songs that were on MySpace!

:D

When Brent told me that every song on the album had his seal of approval, all I could think was, "Damn, knowing the pride that he takes in his work, no wonder it took so long for the new album!"

But it was soooo worth it!

Ok, way lost count to how many times I've listened to it, in my car to and from work, at home at night cuz T.V. sucks right now...any chance I get...and I agree, it took me several times to get it...it's like you gotta learn the words and be able to think about it and just soak it in...obsessed with Call Me, love What a Shame, I just had a close friend move away so Second Chance hits me hard, in a positive way, she's starting a new life, and def rock out to Sound of Madness and I have to admit I really dig the first two bonus tracks!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you actually expect me to count and remember that...I put it on my MP3 player and listen to it at work when I'm bored..that can last for up to 5 hrs..I get bored easily at work. Then when I come home..it's the only thing I listen to and in my car...so I'd say maybe about 100 times or more...lol And it's only Wednesday and I got mine on Monday...lol

For the few days they had the regular version of the album up on their myspace, i listened to it over and over again every night from whatever time i got home form work (either 8:30 or 11:30) until about 3 in the morning, and now ive been doing it with the cd over and over again since i got it the other day...

i may have everyone beat at this point. haha, or at least ima contender.

Not sure I have it loaded in my ipod in the dock and I have it looping over and over as I putter around today.

Aside from the country music I'm forced to hear at work, SOM is the only thing I've listened to since it graced my mailbox on Monday! The only song I've really been skippis is Devour.

It totally rocks! I love their other 2 albums too. They haven't disappointed us yet!

There's no telling how many times i've listened through it now. Today has defiinitely been a non-stop Shinedown day: i was off of work today and just sat down with the lyrics and listened to the CD through 2 times in a row just completely and entirely understanding everything that is suppose to be taken from the songs. But, before those two times idk how many tiems i listened to it straight through. Ik i have listened to select songs: Sound of Madness, What a Shame, Breaking Inside and Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide (not devour because i tore up the speakers in my truck listening to that one over and over and over....AND OVER before the album was released lol. But i listened to those 4 like close to 50 or 60 times each. My iTunes says i have listened to Sound of Madness 66 times actually but thats just on my laptop. This CD has been on my person all day long. I have listened to it in my truck, in my room, in my living room, on my desktop, and on my laptop, no telling the total count for all the songs lol.

GREAT CD!!!! KEEP EM COMING SHINEDOWN!!!

10 times so far

I always gotta sleep on an album so I can learn all the lyrics. Works pretty well, actually! Got 10 hours in last night (it's summer--sleep is demanded) and listened it all the way through this morning with the lyrics to read. Rocks my socks, gotta say. :) I've never been good with picking song favs... so I'm not gonna.

Ive probably listened to it 100 times already haha. I downloaded it off myspace when they put it up, and listened to it everyday over and over for the last week. Of coarse I didnt steal it... I pre ordered it like 3 months ago ;) and it cam in the mail yesterday! First time I heard the bonus tracks, and I am very pleased with this album!

Way to many to count I got drunk & listened to SOM on repeat all sat night & cant stop listening to it now. Love listening to new shindown cds & trying to relate & figure out what brent was thinking while writing this.

A TON! Probably 30 times now maybe? I dont know, I listened to it on repeat for 8 hours at work yesterday. Also listened to it on the hour ride into work and the hour ride back home. Plus I listened to it for a couple hours last night at home. This doesnt include the 3 spins Sat night or the few hours I listened to it on Sunday :D

And no, Im not sick of it yet! Which means this CD ROCKS! :D

At this point, I've lost track.

Entire album, 15 times (+/-). I now skip around to songs that I am loving right now. I want to get the songs that have been played at the shows in my head for upcoming sets.

I agree. It takes me a few times of listening to fully appreciate the album. It has been in my cd player since Saturday when i got it, ive listened to the whole thing atleast 6 times now. I love and agree the direction they went with on this album. Brent's such a great writer and talented vocalist, the band just pulls it all together.

After listening to it 6 times, i really cant pinpoint my favorite song yet. But I love how call me finishes out the album (besides the bonus tracks)

Love Son of Sam from the bonus tracks and my favorite from the regular tracks if I absolutely had to choose would be either What A Shame, Sin With A Grin, or Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide.

this abum ia great..... love the bonus tracks....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone just listened to Devour wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much already. But, I'm glad I have 13 other songs to keep my fancy! :mrgreen: I never thought I'd be able to say that they could actually compete with LAW, but this album is really... really good. It took me a couple listens also to realize that, but now I just have some serious shinedown love goin' on.

Re: Can I just say.......

[quote="mothernature"]I have always been a drummer lover and I have to say the drums absolutely rock on this cd.[/quote]

I'm pretty fond of drums too, I think I'll have all I can handle with Barry and John Fred(from Black Stone Cherry) on July 13th.

I have to agree in regards to Devour; although there is a point in the song where they sound just like the old Soundgarden/Cornell. I love that part for nostalgic reasons. I think it will be played out really fast. Hopefully at that point the better songs will shinedown and take over!

Agreed Brandi. I wasn't too crazy about Breaking Inside or What a Shame at first, but they're already growing on me. I think that Devour is my least favorite at this point.

I personally think the more you listen to it the songs just get better & better even the ones I liked but wasnt crazy about in the beginning now i couldnt pick a fav if i had to.

Haha. I'm like that too. I have to listen to it at least 5 times before I can just listen to it for fun. The first few times I'm contemplating everything to see if I like it. I have to say the album is pretty good. I find it better than Us and Them, but I'm not sure if I like it more than Leave a Whisper.

haha I'm same way when I get a new cd

also I have to fully agree with you Sound of Madness rocks <3