What did you think of Uproar Festival?

• What did you think of Uproar Festival?
    tatpiercedblkbbw

Just went to Uproar yesterday and I wanted to see what everyone who has gone thought of the show.

Don't get upset with what I am about to say. I thought the fire and cannon booms were unnecessary and scared the crap out of me when it first started, and man, it just made wall of heat go by every few minutes. And I was maybe 3 row back in the pit. The noise seemed to throw Brent off a bit and the songs were a bit off, but after the first three songs, he got it back and his voice was as perfect as awesome.

In my opinion the fire and cannon was so not necessary. Shinedown rocks just by singing and playing kick ass music. And, OMG, it had to be mad hot for them. Poor Barry was close to that head, and man Eric and Brent were pouring sweat, wow!

(The plus side of this was that Eric took off his shirt,and OMG that man is fine!)

I was disappoined because I had hoped they were were going to play more of the Amarilys songs, but it was more of a mix of all three cds. Maybe if they do their own tour after the Uproar Tour, I can hear all the awesome new songs. I understand they are showing new fans who may not know themor how great they are, so they are playing a mix. They kicked ass as usual.

As for the other bands, POD was so good, they always are. Staind was good, Godsmack though, man they were freaking awesome. Didn't even know how many songs I knew. So awesome!

Tell me what you guys thought!

Submitted by tatpiercedblkbbw on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Hey, everyone has an opinion and ya can't please everyone, right? I hope no one gets mad at ya for trying to have a discussion!
That said, I loved the pyro, fireworks, booms, etc. I got some amazing photo effects from that which are not shopped. It DID get very hot, and at our venue, the reserved seating began 7 rows back from stage (basically just behind pit). I'm a little older with kids at home, so I was so glad to just let loose and be me without kiddos up my butt.
As for other bands...just WOW! Definitely new favs. Our venue was very strict with things, but someone for Redlight King let me into their signing with my husband even though I didn't have a wristband. We met as many bands as we could before we headed to the meet n greet. Mindset Evolution was amazing, and the guys from Adelita's way gave me a wave since I couldn't meet them with my husband either.
The shows on the side stages were great. I hope to hear more from Cruz, who was at our show in Pgh. They were pretty damn good! Redlight King is definitely under-rated. Mindset Evolution earned fans that day...they killed it live! Pittsburgh can be a frustrating crowd, but the bands gave us much love anyways.
The venue itself was disappointing, though I did run face first into Sully Erna coming out of their backstage area as we headed to the MNG with Shinedown. My husband was disappointed at the MNG location but we still loved the experience. I'm sure that any way they did it, someone would have had some sort of complaint, and it was done easily and fair-expensive, but I don't regret spending the $$, that's for sure. I'd have to say that the venue itself was bad, but the event was great.

Oh, and while I LOVE Aaron Lewis from staind, there was no energy from their set, and very little effort to get crowd involvement. I was hoping from more from them, but I still enjoyed finally hearing them live.
Oh, and I loved the finishing touch confetti at the end!!!!!

tatpiercedblkbbw

Sun, 09/30/2012 - 21:14

I have to agree with you, Staind was pretty mellow, so we mostly wanted to see POD, Godsmack and Shinedown. Godsmack was such a surprise, I had no idea they were so great. I didn't see any of the other bands you mentioned, however I had seen Adelitas Way, so I knew they were pretty good.

I just want to see Shinedown, and hear all the songs from Amaryllis. Alsowould be great to hear some songs from US and THem,which I rarely hear and love.

Thanks for the feedback!

Just went to Uproar yesterday and I wanted to see what everyone who has gone thought of the show.

Don't get upset with what I am about to say. I thought the fire and cannon booms were unnecessary and scared the crap out of me when it first started, and man, it just made wall of heat go by every few minutes. And I was maybe 3 row back in the pit. The noise seemed to throw Brent off a bit and the songs were a bit off, but after the first three songs, he got it back and his voice was as perfect as awesome.

In my opinion the fire and cannon was so not necessary. Shinedown rocks just by singing and playing kick ass music. And, OMG, it had to be mad hot for them. Poor Barry was close to that head, and man Eric and Brent were pouring sweat, wow!

(The plus side of this was that Eric took off his shirt,and OMG that man is fine!)

I was disappoined because I had hoped they were were going to play more of the Amarilys songs, but it was more of a mix of all three cds. Maybe if they do their own tour after the Uproar Tour, I can hear all the awesome new songs. I understand they are showing new fans who may not know themor how great they are, so they are playing a mix. They kicked ass as usual.

As for the other bands, POD was so good, they always are. Staind was good, Godsmack though, man they were freaking awesome. Didn't even know how many songs I knew. So awesome!

Tell me what you guys thought!

comments

I have to agree with you,

I have to agree with you, Staind was pretty mellow, so we mostly wanted to see POD, Godsmack and Shinedown. Godsmack was such a surprise, I had no idea they were so great. I didn't see any of the other bands you mentioned, however I had seen Adelitas Way, so I knew they were pretty good.

I just want to see Shinedown, and hear all the songs from Amaryllis. Alsowould be great to hear some songs from US and THem,which I rarely hear and love.

Thanks for the feedback!

Oh, and while I LOVE Aaron

Oh, and while I LOVE Aaron Lewis from staind, there was no energy from their set, and very little effort to get crowd involvement. I was hoping from more from them, but I still enjoyed finally hearing them live.
Oh, and I loved the finishing touch confetti at the end!!!!!

Hey, everyone has an opinion

Hey, everyone has an opinion and ya can't please everyone, right? I hope no one gets mad at ya for trying to have a discussion!
That said, I loved the pyro, fireworks, booms, etc. I got some amazing photo effects from that which are not shopped. It DID get very hot, and at our venue, the reserved seating began 7 rows back from stage (basically just behind pit). I'm a little older with kids at home, so I was so glad to just let loose and be me without kiddos up my butt.
As for other bands...just WOW! Definitely new favs. Our venue was very strict with things, but someone for Redlight King let me into their signing with my husband even though I didn't have a wristband. We met as many bands as we could before we headed to the meet n greet. Mindset Evolution was amazing, and the guys from Adelita's way gave me a wave since I couldn't meet them with my husband either.
The shows on the side stages were great. I hope to hear more from Cruz, who was at our show in Pgh. They were pretty damn good! Redlight King is definitely under-rated. Mindset Evolution earned fans that day...they killed it live! Pittsburgh can be a frustrating crowd, but the bands gave us much love anyways.
The venue itself was disappointing, though I did run face first into Sully Erna coming out of their backstage area as we headed to the MNG with Shinedown. My husband was disappointed at the MNG location but we still loved the experience. I'm sure that any way they did it, someone would have had some sort of complaint, and it was done easily and fair-expensive, but I don't regret spending the $$, that's for sure. I'd have to say that the venue itself was bad, but the event was great.