Thoughts on opening act, Airbourne

• Thoughts on opening act, Airbourne
    JennT

We are hitting the Youngstown show Sunday. I don't know much about the opener, Airbourne. The one song I heard reminded me of rehashed Def Leppard. For those who have seen them, do they put on a good show? I could look them up, but I'm more concerned with 'live' (even bands I love have sucked it live before, and other bands that didn't initially jive w me won me over live before). Just wondering the initial impression for those who have seen them this tour.

Submitted by JennT on
Forum category
Is pro
No

They remind me more of a younger, modern AC/DC - maybe with a bit more rock influence than blues. Never seen them but a friend of mine has and said they're pretty good. I'll see for myself at the HoB show in NJ on Saturday.

pixie1121

Wed, 05/01/2013 - 20:06

Saw them last night in Wilkes Barre. They were TERRIBLE. The guitars were so loud you couldn't even hear the vocals. Maybe if they get their sound figured out they'll be better, but last night wasn't good for them.

Ok, we saw them, and here is what I think. It isn't my style of music exactly. I would need to be in the mood to listen to it. That said, they are VERY good at what they do. They are Australian, so it was a little hard to understand some of the words. They seem to work very hard. They made a song about Youngstown. And you gotta give some attention to anyone who is on lead vocals, riding through the crowd piggy back style, while playing his guitar. It seems as if the sound problem mentioned by the person who saw them in Wilkes Barre had been figured out (given my location in the fence in front of the right hand set, issues were very noticeable). I guess they are worth the listen.

We are hitting the Youngstown show Sunday. I don't know much about the opener, Airbourne. The one song I heard reminded me of rehashed Def Leppard. For those who have seen them, do they put on a good show? I could look them up, but I'm more concerned with 'live' (even bands I love have sucked it live before, and other bands that didn't initially jive w me won me over live before). Just wondering the initial impression for those who have seen them this tour.

comments

Ok, we saw them, and here is

Ok, we saw them, and here is what I think. It isn't my style of music exactly. I would need to be in the mood to listen to it. That said, they are VERY good at what they do. They are Australian, so it was a little hard to understand some of the words. They seem to work very hard. They made a song about Youngstown. And you gotta give some attention to anyone who is on lead vocals, riding through the crowd piggy back style, while playing his guitar. It seems as if the sound problem mentioned by the person who saw them in Wilkes Barre had been figured out (given my location in the fence in front of the right hand set, issues were very noticeable). I guess they are worth the listen.

Saw them last night in Wilkes

Saw them last night in Wilkes Barre. They were TERRIBLE. The guitars were so loud you couldn't even hear the vocals. Maybe if they get their sound figured out they'll be better, but last night wasn't good for them.

They remind me more of a

They remind me more of a younger, modern AC/DC - maybe with a bit more rock influence than blues. Never seen them but a friend of mine has and said they're pretty good. I'll see for myself at the HoB show in NJ on Saturday.