Some bad news but also some great news

• Some bad news but also some great news
    d_eicholz

Turns out after all i won't be able to go to milwaukee. Mostly thanks to the fantastic weather we are having. We got let out early today and most likely won't have school tomorrow. I believe the worst is supposed to hit WI thursday and they are supposed to get like a foot or more of snow. 6 hour drive in good conditions plus people going in the ditch left and right doesn't seem like a good idea. especially when i have already bought the VIP for february in rochester. also, i am gonna be pretty broke right now which brings me to my next topic.....

Derek the bass player of adelitas way posted on myspace that he is selling one of his bass guitars. It is a Black Fender Jazz Deluxe (which i looked up and i think is worth atleast a grand new). that is also the guitar used in their music video and on tour. AND, he was only seling it for $500. I saw all that and i have been wanting to get a guitar for some time now so i wanted it sooooo bad. I only had like $300 right now though so i scrambled asking anyone i could to borrow me money or anything. eventually yesterday i asked my dad if he would borrow me the money or give it to me as my christmas present and he said he already had bought my present but could take it back and give me the money instead. Which i of course said yes to! (pretty sure my present was gonna be a wii but oh well, i already have an xbox 360 i barely play) So i finally emailed derek yesterday and i was sure i was screwed and that someone had already claimed it. then last night right before i was gonna go to bed i checked my email and he had responded! he said he did receive one other offer but he thought it was bad ass that i gave up my christmas present so he said he wouldn't sell it to anyone but me!!!! one of the best parts is tomorrow i had already planned to see them tomorrow in sioux falls opening for breaking ben so i get to get it tomorrow!!!!! he even gave me his cell number so i can text him tomorrow to find sometime to meet up. the weather is really bad but to my parents dismay i will be going no matter wat!!!!!!!! (in case u can't notice.... i am EXTREMELY EXCITED!!!!!!!)

Submitted by d_eicholz on
Forum category
Is pro
No

dalamar_2

Tue, 12/08/2009 - 16:08

I've been playing music for a while now, and, well, to put it simply: It's not the guitar, but its history, that makes a good instrument become great instead. the rest is all about digits on the proper fret, at the right time.

Good for you, brother.

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 12/08/2009 - 16:51

that's awesome bro. glad you got it. it takes a lot to give up a christmas present for it. but it goes to show if you want something bad enough you can get it. i'm happy for you. hope it all works out well for you.

Cool, d! Congrats! That is such an awesome story. Have a great time!

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 12/08/2009 - 19:37

wow. yes. a very awesome story!!! that is so cool!!!

and make sure to share your story of your day! i would like to hear it!

d_eicholz

Tue, 12/08/2009 - 21:39

well.... as of now the story doesn't have a good ending anymore. concert was cancelled due to snow fml. so now i can't get it tomorrow. not sure wen or even if i can get it now. i will have to talk to him some more

WTF?! Damn weather! Sorry, d. Keep us posted.

dalamar_2

Wed, 12/09/2009 - 13:32

[quote="d_eicholz"]well.... as of now the story doesn't have a good ending anymore. concert was cancelled due to snow fml. so now i can't get it tomorrow. not sure wen or even if i can get it now. i will have to talk to him some more[/quote]

... or the instruments gets more valuable as its history yet continues.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 12/09/2009 - 19:00

wow, what a rough twist of events. i hope it gets better soon.

d_eicholz

Wed, 12/09/2009 - 23:36

:D so now i have talked a couple people into going with me tomorrow night to minneapolis to see sick puppies, rev theory, and adelitas way. so i will be able to get it then :D

dalamar_2

Wed, 12/09/2009 - 23:52

[quote="d_eicholz"]:D so now i have talked a couple people into going with me tomorrow night to minneapolis to see sick puppies, rev theory, and adelitas way. so i will be able to get it then :D[/quote]

I love Rev....

d_eicholz

Thu, 12/10/2009 - 01:21

me too. saw them open for shinedown at the iowa state fair in august. they kick ass. but i also really love adelitas way just about as much. if anyone here hasn't listened to them or have only heard invincible u should really check out the rest of their cd. a bunch of really good songs on it. personal faves are scream, dirty little thing, and all falls down.

destiny453

Thu, 12/10/2009 - 04:36

wow dude, that is fuckin awesome! :) You rock, giving up your xmas present, but I'm sure this one is waaaayyyyy better :)

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 12/10/2009 - 11:19

glad to hear you'll get that guitar soon. let us know how it is. and post some pics too.

d_eicholz

Thu, 12/10/2009 - 13:41

yeahhh........ just got a text from derek from adelitas way and they are stuck in des moines are just gonna stay there and go to papa roach in kc tomorrow. he didn't say anything about the guitar so not sure if i'm getting it anymore

Keep your fingers crossed for that guitar! The guys from Adelita's Way are really great! Saw them with Shinedown then they ended coming to my town w/Halestorm a few weeks later!

starsareforme

Thu, 12/10/2009 - 19:04

[color=indigo]If he sent you a text to fill you in I'm sure you are still getting it. I'm so excited for you! [/color]

d_eicholz

Sat, 12/12/2009 - 22:30

A final update:
Finally got a text message from him again today. He has some bills he has to pay so he needs to sell it immediately. This means he can't hold on to it til january wen i see them next so i won't be getting it anymore.

starsareforme

Sun, 12/13/2009 - 15:57

[color=indigo]Awww, I'm so sorry. HUGS!!![/color]

d_eicholz

Sun, 12/13/2009 - 16:10

Thanks =)

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 12/13/2009 - 21:02

oh that sucks bro. i'm sorry to hear that. i know how much you wanted it. but perhaps now something better will come along. one door closes but another opens my friend.

Sorry to hear that Derek :(

[quote="d_eicholz"]me too. saw them open for shinedown at the iowa state fair in august. they kick ass. but i also really love adelitas way just about as much. if anyone here hasn't listened to them or have only heard invincible u should really check out the rest of their cd. a bunch of really good songs on it. personal faves are scream, dirty little thing, and all falls down.[/quote]

VERY TRUE, CHECK EM OUT THEY ROCK AND ARE SUCH SWEETIES!!! MY FAVE RIGHT NOW IS BROTHER, SUCH INTENSE LYRICS!! JUST ABOUT MAKES YA WANNA CRY!

yana.mayami.87…

Sun, 03/31/2024 - 14:02

Hey everyone, I've had some ups and downs with my essays lately. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I struggle big time. But you know what's cool? I found this website https://payforessay.net/ They've been a lifesaver when I'm in a pinch. It's like having a secret weapon for those tough assignments.

Turns out after all i won't be able to go to milwaukee. Mostly thanks to the fantastic weather we are having. We got let out early today and most likely won't have school tomorrow. I believe the worst is supposed to hit WI thursday and they are supposed to get like a foot or more of snow. 6 hour drive in good conditions plus people going in the ditch left and right doesn't seem like a good idea. especially when i have already bought the VIP for february in rochester. also, i am gonna be pretty broke right now which brings me to my next topic.....

Derek the bass player of adelitas way posted on myspace that he is selling one of his bass guitars. It is a Black Fender Jazz Deluxe (which i looked up and i think is worth atleast a grand new). that is also the guitar used in their music video and on tour. AND, he was only seling it for $500. I saw all that and i have been wanting to get a guitar for some time now so i wanted it sooooo bad. I only had like $300 right now though so i scrambled asking anyone i could to borrow me money or anything. eventually yesterday i asked my dad if he would borrow me the money or give it to me as my christmas present and he said he already had bought my present but could take it back and give me the money instead. Which i of course said yes to! (pretty sure my present was gonna be a wii but oh well, i already have an xbox 360 i barely play) So i finally emailed derek yesterday and i was sure i was screwed and that someone had already claimed it. then last night right before i was gonna go to bed i checked my email and he had responded! he said he did receive one other offer but he thought it was bad ass that i gave up my christmas present so he said he wouldn't sell it to anyone but me!!!! one of the best parts is tomorrow i had already planned to see them tomorrow in sioux falls opening for breaking ben so i get to get it tomorrow!!!!! he even gave me his cell number so i can text him tomorrow to find sometime to meet up. the weather is really bad but to my parents dismay i will be going no matter wat!!!!!!!! (in case u can't notice.... i am EXTREMELY EXCITED!!!!!!!)

comments

Hey everyone, I've had some…

Hey everyone, I've had some ups and downs with my essays lately. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I struggle big time. But you know what's cool? I found this website https://payforessay.net/ They've been a lifesaver when I'm in a pinch. It's like having a secret weapon for those tough assignments.

[quote="d_eicholz"]me too. saw them open for shinedown at the iowa state fair in august. they kick ass. but i also really love adelitas way just about as much. if anyone here hasn't listened to them or have only heard invincible u should really check out the rest of their cd. a bunch of really good songs on it. personal faves are scream, dirty little thing, and all falls down.[/quote]

VERY TRUE, CHECK EM OUT THEY ROCK AND ARE SUCH SWEETIES!!! MY FAVE RIGHT NOW IS BROTHER, SUCH INTENSE LYRICS!! JUST ABOUT MAKES YA WANNA CRY!

Sorry to hear that Derek :(

oh that sucks bro. i'm sorry to hear that. i know how much you wanted it. but perhaps now something better will come along. one door closes but another opens my friend.

Thanks =)

[color=indigo]Awww, I'm so sorry. HUGS!!![/color]

A final update:
Finally got a text message from him again today. He has some bills he has to pay so he needs to sell it immediately. This means he can't hold on to it til january wen i see them next so i won't be getting it anymore.

[color=indigo]If he sent you a text to fill you in I'm sure you are still getting it. I'm so excited for you! [/color]

Keep your fingers crossed for that guitar! The guys from Adelita's Way are really great! Saw them with Shinedown then they ended coming to my town w/Halestorm a few weeks later!

yeahhh........ just got a text from derek from adelitas way and they are stuck in des moines are just gonna stay there and go to papa roach in kc tomorrow. he didn't say anything about the guitar so not sure if i'm getting it anymore

glad to hear you'll get that guitar soon. let us know how it is. and post some pics too.

wow dude, that is fuckin awesome! :) You rock, giving up your xmas present, but I'm sure this one is waaaayyyyy better :)

me too. saw them open for shinedown at the iowa state fair in august. they kick ass. but i also really love adelitas way just about as much. if anyone here hasn't listened to them or have only heard invincible u should really check out the rest of their cd. a bunch of really good songs on it. personal faves are scream, dirty little thing, and all falls down.

[quote="d_eicholz"]:D so now i have talked a couple people into going with me tomorrow night to minneapolis to see sick puppies, rev theory, and adelitas way. so i will be able to get it then :D[/quote]

I love Rev....

:D so now i have talked a couple people into going with me tomorrow night to minneapolis to see sick puppies, rev theory, and adelitas way. so i will be able to get it then :D

wow, what a rough twist of events. i hope it gets better soon.

[quote="d_eicholz"]well.... as of now the story doesn't have a good ending anymore. concert was cancelled due to snow fml. so now i can't get it tomorrow. not sure wen or even if i can get it now. i will have to talk to him some more[/quote]

... or the instruments gets more valuable as its history yet continues.

WTF?! Damn weather! Sorry, d. Keep us posted.

well.... as of now the story doesn't have a good ending anymore. concert was cancelled due to snow fml. so now i can't get it tomorrow. not sure wen or even if i can get it now. i will have to talk to him some more

wow. yes. a very awesome story!!! that is so cool!!!

and make sure to share your story of your day! i would like to hear it!

Cool, d! Congrats! That is such an awesome story. Have a great time!

that's awesome bro. glad you got it. it takes a lot to give up a christmas present for it. but it goes to show if you want something bad enough you can get it. i'm happy for you. hope it all works out well for you.

Thanks man. And he said it still sounds really great. And i figure being handed by a professional guitar player and professional guitar techs all the time it should be in pretty good shape.

Not only that but it is also really pretty lol

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=720316&op=1&o=global&view=global&…

I've been playing music for a while now, and, well, to put it simply: It's not the guitar, but its history, that makes a good instrument become great instead. the rest is all about digits on the proper fret, at the right time.

Good for you, brother.