Setlist

• Setlist
    AllAmericanDan1

I've been weeping over Shinedown's setlists over the last tour and they suck. One, the shows are too short 12-16 songs during the entire show? Compare that to a band like the Gaslight Anthem that plays 24-28 songs during the show and still actually talks to the crowd more than Brent and you have huge difference between show lengths.

Second, the setlists never, ever vary. If you see one setlist for the tour, that's the setlist for every single show. There is no Setlist A, B, C rotation or even throwing songs in every once in a while.

Third, the setlists are way too Sound of Madness heavy. I went to the show expecting to get a lot of Amaryllis played because its the tour for that album. But they played every single off SOM, and omitted Burning Bright, I Dare You, Save Me, Heroes, Shed Some Light, Left Out, or any other deep cut. How are we supposed to miss the Sound of Madness if it never goes away? I'd like to see some variety with this band.

I'm Alive
    Diamond Eyes
    Burning Bright
    Heroes
    Enemies
    I'll Follow You
    Junkies for Fame
    I'm Not Alright
    Unity
    Save Me
    Devour
    Through the Ghost
    Adrenaline
    I Dare You
    Left Out
    -----------
    Fly from the Inside
    Shed Some Light
    My Name

That's a setlist with some variety, if they got anywhere near that, I would be happy. Amaryllis-heavy, and a good balance of the 3 older albums.

Submitted by AllAmericanDan1 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I agree with you, but you have to have Second Chance and Sound of Madness or the fans might flip out. x) I think they should reserve a few spaces for their less popular songs and switch those out for other songs to get a little more variety on their setlist.

AllAmericanDan1

Wed, 01/02/2013 - 11:23

I understand that, but if I hear Sound of Madness or Second Chance live one more time I am going to flip out too. They can rotate SOM and Devour in this set. But for the love of God, Second Chance needs a break. A very long, extended break...

ok all american dan, on dec.30th u post about how bad the amaryllis album is then on jan. 1st 2 days later u want a amaryllis-heavy setlist at the show. hehehehe WTF!!!!

AllAmericanDan1

Sat, 01/05/2013 - 12:04

Don't mistake this for a dream setlist. Which I can post later. An Amaryllis heavy setlist is what I expect them to play, so I was trying to be somewhat realistic with my proposed setlist. I would actually prefer a LAW heavy setlist, because LAW is by far their best album.

I'd be happier with this above set because of the lack of TSOM, Bully, and Nowhere Kids; and because its radically different from all of their other setlists. That and did you see some of the deep cuts in the set? Shed Some Light and Burning Bright would totally make up for having to deal with Amaryllis songs all night.

AllAmericanDan1

Wed, 02/13/2013 - 09:35

I just reviewed their new setlist for this tour. While its nice that SOM is no longer the opener, its still pretty dreadful. 5 songs from Amaryllis is expected. 5 songs from SOM is ridiculous, and 1 song from U&T with two songs from LAW is a slap in the face. They took out Fly. FLY!!! The set is only 14-15 songs deep (way too short), and it closes with Bully. Yeah, not even close to what I was hoping for. And what I was hoping for wasn't even a dream setlist.

Go just to have a good time. You know what you're going to get from them, which is a good show that keeps the flow going. I thought the energy from this past show in Madison was awesome and made me want to buy tickets for Knoxville. I get the whole setlist thing but they are starting to play bigger venues, which means different crowds who come to hear SOM tracks as well as the new stuff.

I think Second Chance and Simple Man need a break. Simple Man is great to hear, but I'd rather fill the gap with Shed Some Light or Breaking Inside like you mentioned. I wouldn't say it sucked as the list/tour has all the hits. True fans would like to see a mix, but true fans also come to rock out and be entertained.

AllAmericanDan1

Fri, 02/15/2013 - 22:00

I disagree. It does suck, because the band has no variety. Brent can't put together a decent set. They have this brand new album, which they are supposedly proud of, and they're playing as many songs from it as they are from SOM. Then they are leaving the old school fans high and dry with playing 1 non-cover song from the first two albums. They are doing exactly what every old school SD fan has feared since the line-up change. They are abandoning their older material and bombarding us with the newer material. Its the 10 year anniversary of LAW. Why are they not doing anything for it? They should be playing 5 or more songs from LAW to celebrate that. Not continuing to overplay SOM for yet another tour.

carissalyn

Sun, 02/24/2013 - 17:51

I admit I was bummed they took out fly From the Inside- but they've been doing it for the past 5 or so shows I've seen (ever since CoM I think), so I get it.
If you watch interviews with them it'll answer most of this. First- Zach does setlists, not Brent. ;) They've said they basically never do more than 16 songs, to save Brent's voice. So don't hold your breath there. Brent & Barry have said they don't really like playing the Us & Them stuff anymore, bad memories, and I can understand that. Glad that Save Me stuck around, and I Dare You and Heroes occasionally does, too. It's tough, once you have a certain # of albums and singles, you kind of have to play certain one. I did like the setlist back on CoM though, they did more than normal amount of LaW & Us & Them which was a nice change. Their setlist this time *is* shorter than 3DG, # of song wise, but I'm guessing that's cause Brent talks more during the set too, which is fine with me!
And, in general, the club show tours (like Avalanche last year) tend to cater to the hard core fans more, these big arena shows you have to appeal to a much bigger crowd.
They'll never to be able to make everyone happy. And although I'm not 100% happy with it, the key thing to me is THEY are clearly way happier than in the past, and they're also playing songs they wanna play. And IMO that makes for the best shows.

AllAmericanDan1

Sun, 02/24/2013 - 23:53

Wonderful, Zach can't write a decent set list. It's his fault that their set lists suck. Maybe Brent should take over that task than.

And I don't buy the saving Brent's voice argument anymore. Tons of bands play longer sets and still hit all their notes. Brian Fallon of the Gaslight Anthem sings 25 songs on average a night, plays guitar, and hits his notes. That's bush league. Even the ancient bands that still tour and can't even stand anymore play more songs. If this band can't make the jump from 14-16 songs to 19 (not a huge leap) than its hard to defend them.

As for Us and Them, I'm not asking for them to play the entire album. Just four songs that they should normally play anyway. Lady So Divine would be a nice throw in but they'll never play that song. Never.

Their "club" shows and the bigger tour set lists are rarely that much different. The Carnival of Madness set was good, they should have played off of that instead of going backwards. Just bear in mind that the COM is infamous in Shinedown lure because of their liberal use of pre-recorded vocals.

My biggest argument is that they have this album which they are supposedly proud of and they play 5 songs from it. Then they turn around and play 5 songs from an album they were supposedly tired of playing.

If their sets are never going to vary, than what is the incentive to go to shows? Hear the same 16 songs you heard the last time they came to town? That's bush league.

Shiningdown_2

Tue, 02/26/2013 - 11:57

I totally agree with most of you. They are becoming way too predictable. It seems like they are just catering to the new fans. They're only playing radio singles. And Brent is still saying the same stuff in between songs that he's been saying for years! How can this band not get tired of playing the same setlist every night! He said he cut his hair because change is good. Then why don't you CHANGE the setlist once in a while!

AllAmericanDan1

Sun, 03/03/2013 - 20:32

I find it amazing that more fans aren't getting tired of the same 14-16 songs. I always felt that live shows should always have some variety. They did a decent job of changing up the sets during the Sound of Madness tours, so what's the problem now? During the SOM tour I heard every song off that album plus Junkies, Son of Sam, HNIA, and Diamond Eyes. They occasionally threw IDY and Burning Bright in and out of the set. Left Out was also on some of the sets. My point is: we the fans want to hear their whole catalog. Not just their singles and a few new songs. Give us some depth, some variety. Make going to Shinedown shows fun again.

stevevalley

Mon, 03/11/2013 - 08:38

Excellent point. I started a discussion on the same topic after seeing them in Orlando. They need to play more than 75 minutes and add several more songs from the first couple of albums.

I've been weeping over Shinedown's setlists over the last tour and they suck. One, the shows are too short 12-16 songs during the entire show? Compare that to a band like the Gaslight Anthem that plays 24-28 songs during the show and still actually talks to the crowd more than Brent and you have huge difference between show lengths.

Second, the setlists never, ever vary. If you see one setlist for the tour, that's the setlist for every single show. There is no Setlist A, B, C rotation or even throwing songs in every once in a while.

Third, the setlists are way too Sound of Madness heavy. I went to the show expecting to get a lot of Amaryllis played because its the tour for that album. But they played every single off SOM, and omitted Burning Bright, I Dare You, Save Me, Heroes, Shed Some Light, Left Out, or any other deep cut. How are we supposed to miss the Sound of Madness if it never goes away? I'd like to see some variety with this band.

I'm Alive
Diamond Eyes
Burning Bright
Heroes
Enemies
I'll Follow You
Junkies for Fame
I'm Not Alright
Unity
Save Me
Devour
Through the Ghost
Adrenaline
I Dare You
Left Out
-----------
Fly from the Inside
Shed Some Light
My Name

That's a setlist with some variety, if they got anywhere near that, I would be happy. Amaryllis-heavy, and a good balance of the 3 older albums.

comments

Thanks

Thanks for sharing your wealthy information. This is one of the excellent posts which I have seen. I go through your all of your blog, but this blog is the best one. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such an excellent post. We appreciate that please keep going to write more content. https://www.faisalabadfabricstore.com/mens-shalwar-kameez-collar-design…

Excellent point. I started a

Excellent point. I started a discussion on the same topic after seeing them in Orlando. They need to play more than 75 minutes and add several more songs from the first couple of albums.

I find it amazing that more

I find it amazing that more fans aren't getting tired of the same 14-16 songs. I always felt that live shows should always have some variety. They did a decent job of changing up the sets during the Sound of Madness tours, so what's the problem now? During the SOM tour I heard every song off that album plus Junkies, Son of Sam, HNIA, and Diamond Eyes. They occasionally threw IDY and Burning Bright in and out of the set. Left Out was also on some of the sets. My point is: we the fans want to hear their whole catalog. Not just their singles and a few new songs. Give us some depth, some variety. Make going to Shinedown shows fun again.

I totally agree with most of

I totally agree with most of you. They are becoming way too predictable. It seems like they are just catering to the new fans. They're only playing radio singles. And Brent is still saying the same stuff in between songs that he's been saying for years! How can this band not get tired of playing the same setlist every night! He said he cut his hair because change is good. Then why don't you CHANGE the setlist once in a while!

Wonderful, Zach can't write a

Wonderful, Zach can't write a decent set list. It's his fault that their set lists suck. Maybe Brent should take over that task than.

And I don't buy the saving Brent's voice argument anymore. Tons of bands play longer sets and still hit all their notes. Brian Fallon of the Gaslight Anthem sings 25 songs on average a night, plays guitar, and hits his notes. That's bush league. Even the ancient bands that still tour and can't even stand anymore play more songs. If this band can't make the jump from 14-16 songs to 19 (not a huge leap) than its hard to defend them.

As for Us and Them, I'm not asking for them to play the entire album. Just four songs that they should normally play anyway. Lady So Divine would be a nice throw in but they'll never play that song. Never.

Their "club" shows and the bigger tour set lists are rarely that much different. The Carnival of Madness set was good, they should have played off of that instead of going backwards. Just bear in mind that the COM is infamous in Shinedown lure because of their liberal use of pre-recorded vocals.

My biggest argument is that they have this album which they are supposedly proud of and they play 5 songs from it. Then they turn around and play 5 songs from an album they were supposedly tired of playing.

If their sets are never going to vary, than what is the incentive to go to shows? Hear the same 16 songs you heard the last time they came to town? That's bush league.

I admit I was bummed they

I admit I was bummed they took out fly From the Inside- but they've been doing it for the past 5 or so shows I've seen (ever since CoM I think), so I get it.
If you watch interviews with them it'll answer most of this. First- Zach does setlists, not Brent. ;) They've said they basically never do more than 16 songs, to save Brent's voice. So don't hold your breath there. Brent & Barry have said they don't really like playing the Us & Them stuff anymore, bad memories, and I can understand that. Glad that Save Me stuck around, and I Dare You and Heroes occasionally does, too. It's tough, once you have a certain # of albums and singles, you kind of have to play certain one. I did like the setlist back on CoM though, they did more than normal amount of LaW & Us & Them which was a nice change. Their setlist this time *is* shorter than 3DG, # of song wise, but I'm guessing that's cause Brent talks more during the set too, which is fine with me!
And, in general, the club show tours (like Avalanche last year) tend to cater to the hard core fans more, these big arena shows you have to appeal to a much bigger crowd.
They'll never to be able to make everyone happy. And although I'm not 100% happy with it, the key thing to me is THEY are clearly way happier than in the past, and they're also playing songs they wanna play. And IMO that makes for the best shows.

I disagree. It does suck,

I disagree. It does suck, because the band has no variety. Brent can't put together a decent set. They have this brand new album, which they are supposedly proud of, and they're playing as many songs from it as they are from SOM. Then they are leaving the old school fans high and dry with playing 1 non-cover song from the first two albums. They are doing exactly what every old school SD fan has feared since the line-up change. They are abandoning their older material and bombarding us with the newer material. Its the 10 year anniversary of LAW. Why are they not doing anything for it? They should be playing 5 or more songs from LAW to celebrate that. Not continuing to overplay SOM for yet another tour.

Go just to have a good time.

Go just to have a good time. You know what you're going to get from them, which is a good show that keeps the flow going. I thought the energy from this past show in Madison was awesome and made me want to buy tickets for Knoxville. I get the whole setlist thing but they are starting to play bigger venues, which means different crowds who come to hear SOM tracks as well as the new stuff.

I think Second Chance and Simple Man need a break. Simple Man is great to hear, but I'd rather fill the gap with Shed Some Light or Breaking Inside like you mentioned. I wouldn't say it sucked as the list/tour has all the hits. True fans would like to see a mix, but true fans also come to rock out and be entertained.

I just reviewed their new

I just reviewed their new setlist for this tour. While its nice that SOM is no longer the opener, its still pretty dreadful. 5 songs from Amaryllis is expected. 5 songs from SOM is ridiculous, and 1 song from U&T with two songs from LAW is a slap in the face. They took out Fly. FLY!!! The set is only 14-15 songs deep (way too short), and it closes with Bully. Yeah, not even close to what I was hoping for. And what I was hoping for wasn't even a dream setlist.

Don't mistake this for a

Don't mistake this for a dream setlist. Which I can post later. An Amaryllis heavy setlist is what I expect them to play, so I was trying to be somewhat realistic with my proposed setlist. I would actually prefer a LAW heavy setlist, because LAW is by far their best album.

I'd be happier with this above set because of the lack of TSOM, Bully, and Nowhere Kids; and because its radically different from all of their other setlists. That and did you see some of the deep cuts in the set? Shed Some Light and Burning Bright would totally make up for having to deal with Amaryllis songs all night.

ok all american dan, on dec

ok all american dan, on dec.30th u post about how bad the amaryllis album is then on jan. 1st 2 days later u want a amaryllis-heavy setlist at the show. hehehehe WTF!!!!

I understand that, but if I

I understand that, but if I hear Sound of Madness or Second Chance live one more time I am going to flip out too. They can rotate SOM and Devour in this set. But for the love of God, Second Chance needs a break. A very long, extended break...

I agree with you, but you

I agree with you, but you have to have Second Chance and Sound of Madness or the fans might flip out. x) I think they should reserve a few spaces for their less popular songs and switch those out for other songs to get a little more variety on their setlist.