July 31st @ The Tabernacle in Atlanta

• July 31st @ The Tabernacle in Atlanta
    EvanWeeks

Just wanted to drop a note to the band that their show last night was absolutely epic. The energy level was incredible, and Brent's kids coming out onstage, particularly his little girl, who danced with Eric Bass and twirled away the night as her daddy sang, absolutely stole the show. I think the crowd cheered harder for her than for the band! 

The setlist that others have complained about being to short was, I thought, the perfect length. As high-energy and vocally strenuous as these songs are, I'm actually amazed Brent managed to get through THIS set. Particularly since the A/C was out at the Tabernacle last night and temperatures in the upper balcony had to be 140+. Who knows what they were under those lights! The guys hit high points and even some deep cuts from every album, and played them like they were recorded yesterday, the musical and lyrical material fresh on their minds.

I couldn't have been happier to brave the sauna that was the Tabernacle last night for this concert. I awoke this morning with an aching neck from headbanging and dancing, and aching vocal chords from singing at the top of my lungs every single lyric with Brent. Come back as soon as you can, guys!

Submitted by EvanWeeks on
Forum category
Is pro
No

First, I'm a big fan obviously, but I wanted to let you know what happened at the Tabernacle, Friday night in Atlanta

We were a group of 4. We arrived around 730.  We were on the main floor.  There was not any problems until Shinedown started.  The opener was fine, for what we could hear.  There was not a proper sound check for the opener, it all sounded fuzzy and not very clear.  
Once Shinedown started, my wife had to use the bathroom.  After about another 15 minutes my friend needed to use the bath room.  It was about another 15 minutes later that I noticed my wife still had not returned to show.  I look at my phone to see that they were not allowed to return to the floor.  I left my friends wife in the show to go see what the problem was.  After leaving the main floor there is a line to get back into show.  The security guy would not allow my friend at this time to retrieve his wife from the show, as she did not know what was going on.  This is when things started to get worse.  The security guy starts with this 1 person in / 1 person out, however, his math was very fuzzy, as many people came out,  many less were let back in.  After about another additional 15 minutes, the Fire Marshall shows up, and we try to explain the situation, and then very heatedly start to explain the situation, and the staff was not very understanding or helpful.
I will NEVER return to the tabernacle, I will NEVER recommend the Tabernacle, actually I will tell everyone that I know and anyone that will listen to never return.
A completely awful experience.  
THEY OVERSOLD THE SHOW
THEY STOLE FROM ME
I WILL NOT FORGET

The 1st 5 songs were great, wish I could have got to hear more....

EvanWeeks

Thu, 08/27/2015 - 10:20

I thought the opening act was pretty impressive, musically, though it wasn't really my taste. They had a good show, seem to be true entertainers.

As for the issues with the Tabernacle, I wouldn't know. I only left my seat during the acoustic portion of the Shinedown show to get some water from the guy up top, since I had sweated a gallon or two and had completely lost my voice singing along at that point. I had no problems whatsoever with the Tabernacle other than their obviously broken AC, which is honestly a major health hazard here in the south. I'm kind of astonished there were no serious heat-related health issues in the crowd as I saw a number of rather elderly folks in the audience, including a little old lady who sat in the stage-right balcony with what looked like family of one of the band members (someone's mother?).

Despite your problems on the floor, the performance the guys put on was nothing short of spectacular, and I'm sorry you missed most of it.

Just wanted to drop a note to the band that their show last night was absolutely epic. The energy level was incredible, and Brent's kids coming out onstage, particularly his little girl, who danced with Eric Bass and twirled away the night as her daddy sang, absolutely stole the show. I think the crowd cheered harder for her than for the band! 

The setlist that others have complained about being to short was, I thought, the perfect length. As high-energy and vocally strenuous as these songs are, I'm actually amazed Brent managed to get through THIS set. Particularly since the A/C was out at the Tabernacle last night and temperatures in the upper balcony had to be 140+. Who knows what they were under those lights! The guys hit high points and even some deep cuts from every album, and played them like they were recorded yesterday, the musical and lyrical material fresh on their minds.

I couldn't have been happier to brave the sauna that was the Tabernacle last night for this concert. I awoke this morning with an aching neck from headbanging and dancing, and aching vocal chords from singing at the top of my lungs every single lyric with Brent. Come back as soon as you can, guys!

comments

I thought the opening act was

I thought the opening act was pretty impressive, musically, though it wasn't really my taste. They had a good show, seem to be true entertainers.

As for the issues with the Tabernacle, I wouldn't know. I only left my seat during the acoustic portion of the Shinedown show to get some water from the guy up top, since I had sweated a gallon or two and had completely lost my voice singing along at that point. I had no problems whatsoever with the Tabernacle other than their obviously broken AC, which is honestly a major health hazard here in the south. I'm kind of astonished there were no serious heat-related health issues in the crowd as I saw a number of rather elderly folks in the audience, including a little old lady who sat in the stage-right balcony with what looked like family of one of the band members (someone's mother?).

Despite your problems on the floor, the performance the guys put on was nothing short of spectacular, and I'm sorry you missed most of it.

So basically you have a

So basically you have a problem with the Tabernacle...not the band.

First, I'm a big fan

First, I'm a big fan obviously, but I wanted to let you know what happened at the Tabernacle, Friday night in Atlanta

We were a group of 4. We arrived around 730.  We were on the main floor.  There was not any problems until Shinedown started.  The opener was fine, for what we could hear.  There was not a proper sound check for the opener, it all sounded fuzzy and not very clear.  
Once Shinedown started, my wife had to use the bathroom.  After about another 15 minutes my friend needed to use the bath room.  It was about another 15 minutes later that I noticed my wife still had not returned to show.  I look at my phone to see that they were not allowed to return to the floor.  I left my friends wife in the show to go see what the problem was.  After leaving the main floor there is a line to get back into show.  The security guy would not allow my friend at this time to retrieve his wife from the show, as she did not know what was going on.  This is when things started to get worse.  The security guy starts with this 1 person in / 1 person out, however, his math was very fuzzy, as many people came out,  many less were let back in.  After about another additional 15 minutes, the Fire Marshall shows up, and we try to explain the situation, and then very heatedly start to explain the situation, and the staff was not very understanding or helpful.
I will NEVER return to the tabernacle, I will NEVER recommend the Tabernacle, actually I will tell everyone that I know and anyone that will listen to never return.
A completely awful experience.  
THEY OVERSOLD THE SHOW
THEY STOLE FROM ME
I WILL NOT FORGET

The 1st 5 songs were great, wish I could have got to hear more....