Don't Bother

• Don't Bother
    AllAmericanDan1

Shinedown used to be a band that was known for their live shows. Now, I would advise anyone and everyone to not see them live any more. There's no point. The set lists are never different, even if you like the 14-15 songs they always play you'd be sick of them by now. The Carnival of Madness tour could have been a turning point and they could have done what they did in the first CoM tour and play some different songs. They aren't and they won't. There's no point to seeing them until they start changing up the sets. Re-introduce deep cuts like Left Out, Call Me, Lady So Divine, Carried Away, Break, Crying Out, What A Shame...but instead they play the same damn songs every night.

Until they change up their sets, I'll be spending my money on bands that do. Like Gaslight Anthem, Flogging Molly, Pearl Jam, Rush, DMB, and bands that make going to shows fun because you have a limited idea of what they are going to play.

Somebody let me know when Shinedown wants to be Shinedown again and not this soulless corporate schlock.

Submitted by AllAmericanDan1 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

ctskilover

Thu, 08/29/2013 - 01:43

Hey AllAmercanDan1...I so so so agree with you. I still love SD, But when I first heard them on the radio way back in 2003 or 2004, by chance... put the radio on and wow I was so blown away by Brent's vocals, range and and depth of feeling & "realism".Great guitar work (back then Jasin Todd, but love Zach completely and he is so unassuming...Eric & Barry are still great...but the edge, soulful sound and that "raw" energy is not the same as I "fell in love with" so to speak. I am constantly listening to the old stuff...especially acoustic versions of the older songs...I am even talking about some great songs Brent did with his former band Dreve...that have been remastered..and sound great!!!! And Although I will ALWAYS SAY BRENT SINGS "SIMPLE MAN" BETTER than LS..OMG I might hang myself from the stage if he constantly does that as an encore. Maybe I am more old school..but I too miss that "sound" ...Yes I too want to hear Lost in the Crowd, Never Know,Left out,Lacerated me,no more love,Leave a whisper , Persistence, soon Forgotten...etc etc I am sorry to rand on..but please...There must be some other SD fans that feel like we do?? To date my best SD concert ( And I have been to so many I lost count) was the Acoustic Tour...they played at a smaller venue (old fashion type theater) In Massachusetts)NOVEMBER 2010...My BF & I both had tears in our eyes, listening to Brent & his experiences & meanings & motivations behind all the songs they did that night!!!For God sake my theme song is Fly from the Inside...(symbolizing my freedom from a bad somewhat abusive marriage) but Hell I am very passionate about SD...and will continue to love them...but...OK I have said enough...again I do not wish to offend the band or any other fans..just glad to share my point of view

ctskilover

Thu, 08/29/2013 - 01:48

I have to add another Beautiful song THEY HAVE NEVER EVER PLAYED AT A CONCERT I HAVE BEEN TO..."BEYOND THE SUN"

Shinedown used to be a band that was known for their live shows. Now, I would advise anyone and everyone to not see them live any more. There's no point. The set lists are never different, even if you like the 14-15 songs they always play you'd be sick of them by now. The Carnival of Madness tour could have been a turning point and they could have done what they did in the first CoM tour and play some different songs. They aren't and they won't. There's no point to seeing them until they start changing up the sets. Re-introduce deep cuts like Left Out, Call Me, Lady So Divine, Carried Away, Break, Crying Out, What A Shame...but instead they play the same damn songs every night.

Until they change up their sets, I'll be spending my money on bands that do. Like Gaslight Anthem, Flogging Molly, Pearl Jam, Rush, DMB, and bands that make going to shows fun because you have a limited idea of what they are going to play.

Somebody let me know when Shinedown wants to be Shinedown again and not this soulless corporate schlock.

comments

I have to add another

I have to add another Beautiful song THEY HAVE NEVER EVER PLAYED AT A CONCERT I HAVE BEEN TO..."BEYOND THE SUN"

Hey AllAmercanDan1...I so so

Hey AllAmercanDan1...I so so so agree with you. I still love SD, But when I first heard them on the radio way back in 2003 or 2004, by chance... put the radio on and wow I was so blown away by Brent's vocals, range and and depth of feeling & "realism".Great guitar work (back then Jasin Todd, but love Zach completely and he is so unassuming...Eric & Barry are still great...but the edge, soulful sound and that "raw" energy is not the same as I "fell in love with" so to speak. I am constantly listening to the old stuff...especially acoustic versions of the older songs...I am even talking about some great songs Brent did with his former band Dreve...that have been remastered..and sound great!!!! And Although I will ALWAYS SAY BRENT SINGS "SIMPLE MAN" BETTER than LS..OMG I might hang myself from the stage if he constantly does that as an encore. Maybe I am more old school..but I too miss that "sound" ...Yes I too want to hear Lost in the Crowd, Never Know,Left out,Lacerated me,no more love,Leave a whisper , Persistence, soon Forgotten...etc etc I am sorry to rand on..but please...There must be some other SD fans that feel like we do?? To date my best SD concert ( And I have been to so many I lost count) was the Acoustic Tour...they played at a smaller venue (old fashion type theater) In Massachusetts)NOVEMBER 2010...My BF & I both had tears in our eyes, listening to Brent & his experiences & meanings & motivations behind all the songs they did that night!!!For God sake my theme song is Fly from the Inside...(symbolizing my freedom from a bad somewhat abusive marriage) but Hell I am very passionate about SD...and will continue to love them...but...OK I have said enough...again I do not wish to offend the band or any other fans..just glad to share my point of view