Did anyone else have this happen to them while attending the Canival of Madness 2010 Tour?

• Did anyone else have this happen to them while attending the Canival of Madness 2010 Tour?
    icon72280

I wrote the following email, but never received a response after a missed opportunity for a post-concert meet and greet with Shinedown after winning the trivia contest during the show:

I attended the Carnival of Madness show on Friday, July 30, 2010 in Philadelphia, PA. During the show, I played the trivia game to try to win the meet and greet with Shinedown. The messages that played during the set changes said that the winners would be announced at some point, but I never heard any names announced. I checked the "application" website before I left the show, but all it showed was my point total. When I got home and checked my email, I saw this message, but since I don't live in Philadelphia, it was 1:30 am.

I know it's much too late for a meet and greet, but I was hoping I might be able to get a signed poster or something, since there was no way to know that I was a winner until I got home. Had I known that I was a winner (and that apparently I was supposed to check my email to find out), I would have stayed and had Shinedown sign something, so I was very disappointed when I found out I could have met them.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    Subject: Actv8 Winner
    To: actv8web@actv8.me

Congratulations your a winner. Please go to the Monster Energy booth in the big white tent the show for the meet & greet with Shinedown! It will start approximately 30 minutes after the show. Don't forget to bring something for the guys to sign.

If you have any problems, please call Richard H. at 818-441-#### - he's ACTV8's onsite rep and he'll help you meet up with the band.

Thanks for playing!

© 2010

Submitted by icon72280 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Helldevil

Wed, 05/16/2012 - 20:34

A German site once had a thing to win a breakfast with the band at Rock am Ring. Unluckily I haven't seen the mail and was quite annoyed when I came home and saw I won :( But I got a signed shirt from the people who organised it. I also wrote an review for them, so I think this gave me some bonus points too^^

Hey... I won that trivia thing at the Knoxville show and all they did was put us in front of the autograph line. We weren't even allowed to ASK for a picture with them. They signed 2 items (limit) and pushed us right out the door. I promise you didn't miss anything. As much as I love them, I was so sad that I didn't even get a picture with them.

I wrote the following email, but never received a response after a missed opportunity for a post-concert meet and greet with Shinedown after winning the trivia contest during the show:

I attended the Carnival of Madness show on Friday, July 30, 2010 in Philadelphia, PA. During the show, I played the trivia game to try to win the meet and greet with Shinedown. The messages that played during the set changes said that the winners would be announced at some point, but I never heard any names announced. I checked the "application" website before I left the show, but all it showed was my point total. When I got home and checked my email, I saw this message, but since I don't live in Philadelphia, it was 1:30 am.

I know it's much too late for a meet and greet, but I was hoping I might be able to get a signed poster or something, since there was no way to know that I was a winner until I got home. Had I known that I was a winner (and that apparently I was supposed to check my email to find out), I would have stayed and had Shinedown sign something, so I was very disappointed when I found out I could have met them.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Subject: Actv8 Winner
To: actv8web@actv8.me

Congratulations your a winner. Please go to the Monster Energy booth in the big white tent the show for the meet & greet with Shinedown! It will start approximately 30 minutes after the show. Don't forget to bring something for the guys to sign.

If you have any problems, please call Richard H. at 818-441-#### - he's ACTV8's onsite rep and he'll help you meet up with the band.

Thanks for playing!

© 2010

comments

Hey... I won that trivia

Hey... I won that trivia thing at the Knoxville show and all they did was put us in front of the autograph line. We weren't even allowed to ASK for a picture with them. They signed 2 items (limit) and pushed us right out the door. I promise you didn't miss anything. As much as I love them, I was so sad that I didn't even get a picture with them.

A German site once had a

A German site once had a thing to win a breakfast with the band at Rock am Ring. Unluckily I haven't seen the mail and was quite annoyed when I came home and saw I won :( But I got a signed shirt from the people who organised it. I also wrote an review for them, so I think this gave me some bonus points too^^