Your Chicago Correspondent 8/27/'09

• Your Chicago Correspondent 8/27/'09
    lorilee

Well Boardies!I just got back from the Chicago show and they did it again!!Shinedown TOTALLY ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!!They should have been the headliner, but oh well!As ususal, Eric was his sexy enigmatic self (and my fave, incase no one has noticed that yet!!)Brett shared himself,his heart and his wisdome with the crowd. Little Zack was as cute as a Hobbit and we even got to see him shirtless ladies!!Barry kept it all together like a Papa with a beat! Utterly Amazing! :D :D

Submitted by lorilee on
Forum category
Is pro
No

destiny453

Fri, 08/28/2009 - 06:38

Sounds awesome lorilee...but remember Eric is mine mwaaahahahaha *evil laugh* :) So what was the setlist like then? Were you quite close to the front?

I don't mind sharing with you!! :twisted: I was about 3 bodies back for the 1st 2 bands then I somehow ended up right at the rail...imagine that!!I was closer than I thought I'd be :D 1st was Sound of Madness, then in no particular order(lost my paper!)
Call Me
Fly From the Inside
Heroes
If You Only Knew
Devour
Save Me
Cyanide... They were really great!!

destiny453

Fri, 08/28/2009 - 11:28

Oh you got some good songs in there :) Cyanide was my favourite off the album when it first came out so it's always good to hear that one :) Whihc one was your favourite at the show?

Naturally, all were great! Save me was really good, lately I've been listening to the older stuff alot. Cycnide was good, and Call Me was neat, just *Eric* and Brett on stage kinda "unplugged". :)

I THINK it was the Chicago show, but Eric tweeted that the lights in his eyes threw him off, and he "epicly" messed up the intro to Heroes! Did anyone notice?

He77 no! We were too mesmerized! LOL!

destiny453

Sat, 08/29/2009 - 06:42

I can't follow twitter!! Lol...it's too confusing to me! :( Aw Call Me would be cool to hear acoustic...i know it is kinda..but well you get me! Lol

Now that the dust has settled and the fog has cleared my head, I have to saw that Fly From the Inside was my favorite. It's one of my fav songs anyway, but live it was so dynamic!! I can't get it out of my head. :)

destiny453

Sun, 08/30/2009 - 06:54

I have a twitter now but i soooooo can't work it! Lol

The show was awesome...I sat balcony, front row so I could get a great view of everything. Fly was def my favorite as well as Cyanide when they did the bet that they couldn't get the place jumpin...even the balcony was goin crazy. Def one of my favorite live bands....Call Me was so good and calming, just watching Brent and Eric rock it out.

I was at the rail with the skinheads! MoshPit Mama! That's me!! :twisted:

[quote="lorilee"]I was at the rail with the skinheads! MoshPit Mama! That's me!! :twisted:[/quote]

There ya go!!!! We have got to hit a show so we can mosh with the tatty piercy sweatys!!!!!!!

I am a wee bit on the small size so I need all the support I can get!

destiny453

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 06:37

we really love or tatty piercy sweaty guys don't we? :lol:

Well, I mos def know of ONE that I like!! I am a shortie too, but Damn I'm Tuff!!! :wink: I gave birth a couple 'o times, didn't I??? LOL!!

I am tough too and can cheer on my steelers or my Niners and my shinedown with enough enthusiasm for a giant!!!

I gave birth to 2 wee girls and let me tell you, I can take it too!!!!

"I am woman, hear me roar!" Right!!?? :)

nomorelove

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 13:05

Me 2, lorilee, me 2! Shinedown is the best, most gracious bands that LOVES us, truly! Hopefully I'll catch 1 of their shows & meet u, u sound like fun to 'mosh' with.
My girlfriend and I went to the Toledo show, night after yours. It was WET N WILD fun! Did the M&G b4, then rocked in the rain. A night I will never 4get !!
THANKS for another awesome memory, SHINEDOWN!

RRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!

I need some food~its lunch and I am going nuts at work today!!!!

Sound's great- at least we were indoors! What did you think of Chevelle live?

nomorelove

Mon, 08/31/2009 - 15:52

not 2 shabby. SD was of course MUCH better. Staind kicked ass 2.

Hi Mollie!! Was that your Tummy?? You better eat something... :)

LOL...it was!!!

Chevelle was great, for the few songs I saw. i was waiting for halestorm but didnt see 'em...I went to the wrong merch booth. I liked what I hear and Mad_Mama had the best description, a poor man's tool.

[quote="nomorelove"]Me 2, lorilee, me 2! Shinedown is the best, most gracious bands that LOVES us, truly! Hopefully I'll catch 1 of their shows & meet u, u sound like fun to 'mosh' with.
My girlfriend and I went to the Toledo show, night after yours. It was WET N WILD fun! Did the M&G b4, then rocked in the rain. A night I will never 4get !!
THANKS for another awesome memory, SHINEDOWN![/quote]What was your M&G like??How long did it last & how many peeps? :?:

destiny453

Tue, 09/01/2009 - 06:45

:lol: a poor mans tool, she always makes me laugh

[quote="mollie"]LOL...it was!!!

Chevelle was great, for the few songs I saw. i was waiting for halestorm but didnt see 'em...I went to the wrong merch booth. I liked what I hear and Mad_Mama had the best description, a poor man's tool.[/quote]I don't know, maybe their sound was off or we were too close, but I wasn't feelin' them live. :(

nomorelove

Tue, 09/01/2009 - 11:25

THANKS for another awesome memory, SHINEDOWN![/quote]What was your M&G like??How long did it last & how many peeps? :?:[/quote]

Hey, Lorilee
The M&G was EPIC! Def. one of the fondest memories of SD to date for me :) It started with cutie pie Jake ushering us in then bringing in the band. I was STOKED and made that audibly obvious :) Noone else really did & I prolly embarrassed myself, but WHO CARED! I thought it was acutally insulting to the band that noone else did, WHATEVA!
To be able to chit chat, take pix w/ & get autos of the best, coolest band today, it was worth every penny & I will do it again in a heart beat. I will post pix tomorrow or TH (can't believe I haven't yet) of our experience.
I'm even entertaining the thought of doing the VH1's Best Cruise Ever, just for the chance to zone out to them live for DAYS on end instead of hrs LOL
~CYA

nomorelove

Tue, 09/01/2009 - 11:30

[quote="lorilee"]Well Boardies!I just got back from the Chicago show and they did it again!!Shinedown TOTALLY ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!!They should have been the headliner, but oh well!As ususal, Eric was his sexy enigmatic self (and my fave, incase no one has noticed that yet!!)Brett shared himself,his heart and his wisdome with the crowd. Little Zack was as cute as a Hobbit and we even got to see him shirtless ladies!!Barry kept it all together like a Papa with a beat! Utterly Amazing! :D :D[/quote]

[cute as a Hobbit, I love that!, he most def IS! :) ] They SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE HEADLINER! Staind rocks, no doubt, but SD was the reason why most were there. (@ the Toledo show anyway) Brent even polled the crowd to see who we were there to see. SEA OF ARMS! :)

Oh me too!! Most of the people around us were mos def there for Shinedown!! They were so amazing, I can't believe in a short while I'll be feasting on 'em again!!! :D :D :D :D :D

nomorelove

Tue, 09/01/2009 - 12:00

[quote="lorilee"]Oh me too!! Most of the people around us were mos def there for Shinedown!! They were so amazing, I can't believe in a short while I'll be feasting on 'em again!!! :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]
When?? I'm green w/ envy :twisted:
HAVE A BLAST, GIRL!

9/14 in Madison, WI...I can't wait!! I luv me some "sweaty piercy tatty"!! :D

Well Boardies!I just got back from the Chicago show and they did it again!!Shinedown TOTALLY ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!!They should have been the headliner, but oh well!As ususal, Eric was his sexy enigmatic self (and my fave, incase no one has noticed that yet!!)Brett shared himself,his heart and his wisdome with the crowd. Little Zack was as cute as a Hobbit and we even got to see him shirtless ladies!!Barry kept it all together like a Papa with a beat! Utterly Amazing! :D :D

comments

lol still it was a great effort.

*** Gimme a "Hell", Gimme a "yeah".... right here, right now!***

Oops, wrong band!

lmao.

GIMME A "K"

GIMME AN "I"

GIMME AN "N"

GIMME A "K"

GIMME A "Y" WHAT'S THAT SPELL????? :twisted:

Is there any politicaly correct way to answer to...[i] that[/i]?

well being as how i've never smelled him after a show i couldn't testify that he don't stink. but i don't think sweat is bad nor do i get grossed out by it. but i have smelled barry's dreads. lol.

Thank you Dear...I'm right aren't I?? There is no way in He77 that *Eric* stinks!!! :lol:

lol nicely put lorilee.

Merk, I beg your pardon...but I am quite the lady! and Destiny I am very hygenic as well, sweat doesn't necessarily have to be dirty...It only smell's when bacteria are present! I am sure the sweat I am referring to contains none of that!!! :twisted:

No no...i just like my hygiene :) haha....sweat ok i could deal....but mould!?

[quote="destiny453"]Eugh stuff like that grosses me out! :([/quote]Everything grosses you out Destiny!! Sweat, Mold...all the good stuff!! :lol:

well it don't gross me out but i still wouldn't have eaten it lol.

pb&j's are good but not when stuff is growing inside your jelly lol.

Eugh stuff like that grosses me out! :(

Me either and I'm Scottish!!! :lol: Eugh that is just GROSS!!

PARDON ME!!! I would never touch the stuff! My daughter has tried it though as well as jellied eel! UGH!!! :P

It's HAGGIS!!! :lol: and i hate it anyway....who wants to eat sheeps guts really???

It's an American thing Sweetheart...you wouldn't understand! LOL!! Beat's the He77 out of Haggus!! :lol:

Yes, I went there! :twisted:

Ewwww who would want to eat a PB&J sandwich anyway!? :shock:

Isn't it the truth!! They have cell phones, want to go places alone, do all these "grown up" things but can't make a PB&J!!! LOL!! :lol:

I know!! To think that she would bother me for something like THAT!!! Ha! Kids these days...so spoiled! :wink:

I certainly hope everyone know's I'm kiddin"!! :lol:

Oh that is shocking that your daughter needs that basic survival thing that is FOOD! :lol: :lol:

Life does get in the way doesn't it? To think...sometimes my daughter actually interrupts me to get FOOD for her! The nerve..... :shock:

Of course I'm kidding! :lol:

Yes I know, less frequent psoting makes Leona an unhappy girl!! :( Life.....

Well, you're a busy girl...Uni, Ross, The Pubs...the list goes on and on!! :lol:

Still this book that I haven't not read?? I'm still trying to finish the whole Twilight saga! :lol:

I love him alot and Zsadist is also amazing! read them i order! It's really worth it! :twisted:

They are yummy! Still love Wrath the best!

[quote="lorilee"]Well, you guys asked and I didn't want to tell cuz I always catch shi+ for it!! They are wicked sexy, that's why!! Try the series I mentioned and you will understand!!! It doesn't come out of thin air...believe me!!! :twisted:[/quote]

SECOND THAT!

That's junior league my friend!! I loved it , but...there's more to "life" than that...believe me , ask Lady D!! Can you sigh "Wrath"?? :lol: :twisted:

Yes i think i will when i finish my twilight books :)

Well, you guys asked and I didn't want to tell cuz I always catch shi+ for it!! They are wicked sexy, that's why!! Try the series I mentioned and you will understand!!! It doesn't come out of thin air...believe me!!! :twisted:

Yeah you are obsessed with all things vampires :P

He isn't hot, he's beautiful and soulful like a poet. It's also the vampire thing!!! :oops:

Oh man!! I don't get the obsession with him?! There are so many other hotter guys!!! :P

My guiltiest pleasure...Rob Pattinson, yes I too have succumbed to his lovely ways!!! :lol: :lol:

yeah so who is the 3rd? :)

Well...I think you know 2 of them... :twisted:

Who is your top 3??

No doubt, although he has many other attributes that could make up for it if not!! He is in my top 3!! :D

Oh he is from Glasgow so he will be a very big boy! ;) :lol:

He has a new movie coming out reall soon you know!! I have a friend and the only time we really get together is to go see his latest flick! It's a beautiful friendship!!! :lol:

I will ask Gerard and research this topic this evening and get back to you in the am!!!!
:twisted: 8) :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

Rumor has it! :wink:

It's amaaaazzzziiiinnnngggg :) worth the money, us scots are always huge and lusty anyway ;)

Oh I Feel the love!! :wink: How's that huge TV? Does it make those lusty Scots appear even larger??? :twisted:

Well I have forgotten mine, but i won't forget you :)

True That!! :wink:

Yeah, and you never forget your first right? ;)

Oh of course D!! That's why I give it right back!!! You were my first love around here!! :wink:

I love ya too lorilee! :) :) You know the banter is all good in the hood :D

Awww!! Thanks Lady D! You are the best! I just love "spending my time with you" everywhere!!! :D

I am blown away by her experience! And I love ya too Lorilee!

definately. i would love to catch a show with her one day. or just simply have lunch that would be a blast.

I know!! I am so happy for her! She is a true fan and such a great friend!!

lol you'll always have unconditional from me. sorry i took long to respond i'm usually faster at it but i was reading karen's post that girl is having a blast.

Well, thank you guys! Unconditional love, that's what I'm after! That Destiny is Fickle!! :lol:

me luv ya too lorilee!

I still luv you!!!!!

You are always thinking the worst of me :( Does this mean it's over?

What exactly are we discussing here?? Am i right in thinking lorilee is lowering the tone again?? :lol:

true very true.

It's good work,if you can get it! :lol:

thanks. i love having me time. but time with the mrs.' is always great.

well said tony :)

that's awesome. "ME" time is always good. it's a great way to recharge yourself and get ready for life and all it's twists and turns, ups and downs, and even in the in betweens.

Looking back on that experience, it was so worth it. Not only was meeting the guys and seeing them headline amazing, but going on an adventure that was all my own was really a great experience too. I will always remember it and how special it was. Total "ME" time!! :D

Nope not crazy my love, just a TRUE TRUE fan :) :)

no way, not crazy, just a TRUE FAN!

[quote="lorilee"]I don't mind sharing with you!! :twisted: I was about 3 bodies back for the 1st 2 bands then I somehow ended up right at the rail...imagine that!!I was closer than I thought I'd be :D 1st was Sound of Madness, then in no particular order(lost my paper!)
Call Me
Fly From the Inside
Heroes
If You Only Knew
Devour
Save Me
Cyanide... They were really great!![/quote]

no second chance?

True! I met some new friends at the Chicago show. All are on my FB now and planning more shows together!

You're never alone at a Shinedown show..it's one big family!

Yessss!!!! Am I crazy, or what? :)

is that the show you are going to by yourself??

9/14 in Madison, WI...I can't wait!! I luv me some "sweaty piercy tatty"!! :D

[quote="lorilee"]Oh me too!! Most of the people around us were mos def there for Shinedown!! They were so amazing, I can't believe in a short while I'll be feasting on 'em again!!! :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]
When?? I'm green w/ envy :twisted:
HAVE A BLAST, GIRL!

Oh me too!! Most of the people around us were mos def there for Shinedown!! They were so amazing, I can't believe in a short while I'll be feasting on 'em again!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Your Chicago Correspondent 8/27/'09

[quote="lorilee"]Well Boardies!I just got back from the Chicago show and they did it again!!Shinedown TOTALLY ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!!They should have been the headliner, but oh well!As ususal, Eric was his sexy enigmatic self (and my fave, incase no one has noticed that yet!!)Brett shared himself,his heart and his wisdome with the crowd. Little Zack was as cute as a Hobbit and we even got to see him shirtless ladies!!Barry kept it all together like a Papa with a beat! Utterly Amazing! :D :D[/quote]

[cute as a Hobbit, I love that!, he most def IS! :) ] They SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE HEADLINER! Staind rocks, no doubt, but SD was the reason why most were there. (@ the Toledo show anyway) Brent even polled the crowd to see who we were there to see. SEA OF ARMS! :)

THANKS for another awesome memory, SHINEDOWN![/quote]What was your M&G like??How long did it last & how many peeps? :?:[/quote]

Hey, Lorilee
The M&G was EPIC! Def. one of the fondest memories of SD to date for me :) It started with cutie pie Jake ushering us in then bringing in the band. I was STOKED and made that audibly obvious :) Noone else really did & I prolly embarrassed myself, but WHO CARED! I thought it was acutally insulting to the band that noone else did, WHATEVA!
To be able to chit chat, take pix w/ & get autos of the best, coolest band today, it was worth every penny & I will do it again in a heart beat. I will post pix tomorrow or TH (can't believe I haven't yet) of our experience.
I'm even entertaining the thought of doing the VH1's Best Cruise Ever, just for the chance to zone out to them live for DAYS on end instead of hrs LOL
~CYA

[quote="mollie"]LOL...it was!!!

Chevelle was great, for the few songs I saw. i was waiting for halestorm but didnt see 'em...I went to the wrong merch booth. I liked what I hear and Mad_Mama had the best description, a poor man's tool.[/quote]I don't know, maybe their sound was off or we were too close, but I wasn't feelin' them live. :(

:lol: a poor mans tool, she always makes me laugh

[quote="nomorelove"]Me 2, lorilee, me 2! Shinedown is the best, most gracious bands that LOVES us, truly! Hopefully I'll catch 1 of their shows & meet u, u sound like fun to 'mosh' with.
THANKS for another awesome memory, SHINEDOWN![/quote]What was your M&G like??How long did it last & how many peeps? :?:

LOL...it was!!!

Chevelle was great, for the few songs I saw. i was waiting for halestorm but didnt see 'em...I went to the wrong merch booth. I liked what I hear and Mad_Mama had the best description, a poor man's tool.

Hi Mollie!! Was that your Tummy?? You better eat something... :)

not 2 shabby. SD was of course MUCH better. Staind kicked ass 2.

Sound's great- at least we were indoors! What did you think of Chevelle live?

RRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!

I need some food~its lunch and I am going nuts at work today!!!!

Me 2, lorilee, me 2! Shinedown is the best, most gracious bands that LOVES us, truly! Hopefully I'll catch 1 of their shows & meet u, u sound like fun to 'mosh' with.
THANKS for another awesome memory, SHINEDOWN!

"I am woman, hear me roar!" Right!!?? :)

I am tough too and can cheer on my steelers or my Niners and my shinedown with enough enthusiasm for a giant!!!

I gave birth to 2 wee girls and let me tell you, I can take it too!!!!

Well, I mos def know of ONE that I like!! I am a shortie too, but Damn I'm Tuff!!! :wink: I gave birth a couple 'o times, didn't I??? LOL!!

we really love or tatty piercy sweaty guys don't we? :lol:

[quote="lorilee"]I was at the rail with the skinheads! MoshPit Mama! That's me!! :twisted:[/quote]

There ya go!!!! We have got to hit a show so we can mosh with the tatty piercy sweatys!!!!!!!

I am a wee bit on the small size so I need all the support I can get!

I was at the rail with the skinheads! MoshPit Mama! That's me!! :twisted:

The show was awesome...I sat balcony, front row so I could get a great view of everything. Fly was def my favorite as well as Cyanide when they did the bet that they couldn't get the place jumpin...even the balcony was goin crazy. Def one of my favorite live bands....Call Me was so good and calming, just watching Brent and Eric rock it out.

I have a twitter now but i soooooo can't work it! Lol

Now that the dust has settled and the fog has cleared my head, I have to saw that Fly From the Inside was my favorite. It's one of my fav songs anyway, but live it was so dynamic!! I can't get it out of my head. :)

I can't follow twitter!! Lol...it's too confusing to me! :( Aw Call Me would be cool to hear acoustic...i know it is kinda..but well you get me! Lol

He77 no! We were too mesmerized! LOL!

I THINK it was the Chicago show, but Eric tweeted that the lights in his eyes threw him off, and he "epicly" messed up the intro to Heroes! Did anyone notice?

Naturally, all were great! Save me was really good, lately I've been listening to the older stuff alot. Cycnide was good, and Call Me was neat, just *Eric* and Brett on stage kinda "unplugged". :)

Oh you got some good songs in there :) Cyanide was my favourite off the album when it first came out so it's always good to hear that one :) Whihc one was your favourite at the show?

I don't mind sharing with you!! :twisted: I was about 3 bodies back for the 1st 2 bands then I somehow ended up right at the rail...imagine that!!I was closer than I thought I'd be :D 1st was Sound of Madness, then in no particular order(lost my paper!)
Call Me
Fly From the Inside
Heroes
If You Only Knew
Devour
Save Me
Cyanide... They were really great!!

Sounds awesome lorilee...but remember Eric is mine mwaaahahahaha *evil laugh* :) So what was the setlist like then? Were you quite close to the front?