You think there's a chance?

• You think there's a chance?
    ryno3216

Of SD coming around for a brief summer gig? I know that Rockstar Uproar Fest is coming up, yet the lineup has not been released. Last year the headliners were Disturbed/Avenged Sevenfold/Stone Sour/Halestorm.

The tour only last about a month and a 1/2 maybe 2...I would love if they surprised everyone and agreed to tour briefly. I think this would give them some time to get back out there...even though they toured for 3 years. Perhaps play a new song to get a feel for it and how the crowd reacts before they put it on the record for release.

Maybe I'm just being greedy...but crossing my fingers.

Submitted by ryno3216 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Ya I think there's a chance, but they've been saying they're not touring 'til 2012. They did do a short tour around September 2007 to test out the TSOM songs. It would be nice to see them live soon, but I would rather them work on the album until they're finished so it comes out as soon as possible. I'd be happy either way though.

I was at Uproar last year. It was phenomenal. A7X was amazing live!!! (All the bands were great, but they were my fav!). Shinedown would be awesome for that tour, but I doubt they'll do it...they are busy little bees right now. Although, they do love the road...I'm just sayin'....

:D I would def be first in line when it came to Chicago.

d_eicholz

Thu, 04/14/2011 - 06:48

Uproar was amazing last year. Loved every band on it. A7x was especially good live as usual. Disturbed was only so-so but hoping it was just an off night. It was uproar that really made me start to love Stone Sour a ton. Hadn't listened to much more than the radio songs before that but since then they are very frequently played on my itunes and ipod.

Can't wait for this year's lineup to be announced. Check daily to see if the new CoM or Uproar lineups have been announced. CoM has said it would be soon and last year Uproar was announced first week of May so figure theres a chance it could be anytime now.

callmeasaint

Fri, 04/15/2011 - 02:50

No way. Barry said he is laying drum tracks in July. As much as they love the road they know they need to get the new record done. Sooner they get it done sooner they can launch another 3 year run. :wink:

I could see them [i]maybe[/i] doing some spot gigs late in the year once the album is nearing completion but I would be shocked if they did anything over the summer/fall.

tessarakt

Sun, 04/17/2011 - 20:36

[quote="boomlay"]No way. Barry said he is laying drum tracks in July. As much as they love the road they know they need to get the new record done. Sooner they get it done sooner they can launch another 3 year run. :wink:

I could see them [i]maybe[/i] doing some spot gigs late in the year once the album is nearing completion but I would be shocked if they did anything over the summer/fall.[/quote]

::cough:: I wouldn't be disappointed in a couple shows for the SDN crew only ... ::cough::

Not gonna lie, I had a dream last night that they were the surprise band on a summer tour...w/ Linkin Park and Seether...yeah, weird I know maybe a dream will come true for once haha.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 04/25/2011 - 09:22

haha that's awesome, i hope it does that would be pretty cool especially if they did that show in Texas I'd be there lol.

Of SD coming around for a brief summer gig? I know that Rockstar Uproar Fest is coming up, yet the lineup has not been released. Last year the headliners were Disturbed/Avenged Sevenfold/Stone Sour/Halestorm.

The tour only last about a month and a 1/2 maybe 2...I would love if they surprised everyone and agreed to tour briefly. I think this would give them some time to get back out there...even though they toured for 3 years. Perhaps play a new song to get a feel for it and how the crowd reacts before they put it on the record for release.

Maybe I'm just being greedy...but crossing my fingers.

comments

haha that's awesome, i hope it does that would be pretty cool especially if they did that show in Texas I'd be there lol.

Not gonna lie, I had a dream last night that they were the surprise band on a summer tour...w/ Linkin Park and Seether...yeah, weird I know maybe a dream will come true for once haha.

[quote="boomlay"]No way. Barry said he is laying drum tracks in July. As much as they love the road they know they need to get the new record done. Sooner they get it done sooner they can launch another 3 year run. :wink:

I could see them [i]maybe[/i] doing some spot gigs late in the year once the album is nearing completion but I would be shocked if they did anything over the summer/fall.[/quote]

::cough:: I wouldn't be disappointed in a couple shows for the SDN crew only ... ::cough::

No way. Barry said he is laying drum tracks in July. As much as they love the road they know they need to get the new record done. Sooner they get it done sooner they can launch another 3 year run. :wink:

I could see them [i]maybe[/i] doing some spot gigs late in the year once the album is nearing completion but I would be shocked if they did anything over the summer/fall.

Uproar was amazing last year. Loved every band on it. A7x was especially good live as usual. Disturbed was only so-so but hoping it was just an off night. It was uproar that really made me start to love Stone Sour a ton. Hadn't listened to much more than the radio songs before that but since then they are very frequently played on my itunes and ipod.

Can't wait for this year's lineup to be announced. Check daily to see if the new CoM or Uproar lineups have been announced. CoM has said it would be soon and last year Uproar was announced first week of May so figure theres a chance it could be anytime now.

:D I would def be first in line when it came to Chicago.

I was at Uproar last year. It was phenomenal. A7X was amazing live!!! (All the bands were great, but they were my fav!). Shinedown would be awesome for that tour, but I doubt they'll do it...they are busy little bees right now. Although, they do love the road...I'm just sayin'....

Ya I think there's a chance, but they've been saying they're not touring 'til 2012. They did do a short tour around September 2007 to test out the TSOM songs. It would be nice to see them live soon, but I would rather them work on the album until they're finished so it comes out as soon as possible. I'd be happy either way though.