Wow

• Wow
    scooter92mo

Been a shinedown fan from day one! I have defended these guys with all the accusations of using tape and lypsyncing and well after seeing them in St. Louis last night appears I am the fool. Third song of the night Devour during the song the audio had a glitch and and word take repeated and skipped! I know I will get bashes for this but the truth hurts! I've see. Shinedown over 10 times its all tape until the encore! He never interacts the crowd now during the songs like he did years ago! I know a lot of bands use tape but not the whole performance! I'm sure the devour song will end up on YouTube. Brent has never had flawless vocals and that's what Ioved about this band! Skillet ,Papa Roach and even We As Human bring it and they really sing! Sorry to say I lost a hero!

Submitted by scooter92mo on
Forum category
Is pro
No

@Scooter92mo  I am speechless after reading your post- I wish Brent Smith would read this and weigh  in on this matter. I have only seen them once in concert and of course I was in awe,  that is why I have become obsessed by the band and especially the AMAZING vocal power Brent had on stage. To think this was taped on stage- my heart is ripped out. I don't think I will bother to waste my hard earn money on a ticket to see them live with knowing this. Thank you  Scooter92mo  for informing me personally on this..Sad day indeed :(

] [quote=scooter92mo]Here is the link Devour-Shinedown live St. Louis 9/7/13 ByTheMetalstepp3 views[/quote]  Just watched the link- I didn't hear the tape repeat itself like you said ? Please be more specific as to where the part of the song repeats itself.

scooter92mo

Sun, 10/13/2013 - 19:02

Yeah realize its hard to hear on YouTube video it's not mine. I didn't post on here to rip shinedown I've supported them since I first heard fly from the inside. But I've seen them so many time and I've defended Brent on many occasion when accused of lip sync. He has never had perfect vocals and that is what drew me to the band was the live and raw performance where his voice would be shot at the end of the show! When I seen them at St. Louis it was evident from the start it was bogus! Listen to the anything and everything DVD that is his voice! The carnival of madness was not his live voice! I expected to get crucified when I posted this and I didn't so that tells me I'm not the only one. I will buy shinedown CDs and apparel but will not see them live again! It's pretty obvious when he never stops singing in he middle of a song to get the crowd to sing along that was something that they used to do and now it's not done!

Been a shinedown fan from day one! I have defended these guys with all the accusations of using tape and lypsyncing and well after seeing them in St. Louis last night appears I am the fool. Third song of the night Devour during the song the audio had a glitch and and word take repeated and skipped! I know I will get bashes for this but the truth hurts! I've see. Shinedown over 10 times its all tape until the encore! He never interacts the crowd now during the songs like he did years ago! I know a lot of bands use tape but not the whole performance! I'm sure the devour song will end up on YouTube. Brent has never had flawless vocals and that's what Ioved about this band! Skillet ,Papa Roach and even We As Human bring it and they really sing! Sorry to say I lost a hero!

comments

Yeah realize its hard to hear

Yeah realize its hard to hear on YouTube video it's not mine. I didn't post on here to rip shinedown I've supported them since I first heard fly from the inside. But I've seen them so many time and I've defended Brent on many occasion when accused of lip sync. He has never had perfect vocals and that is what drew me to the band was the live and raw performance where his voice would be shot at the end of the show! When I seen them at St. Louis it was evident from the start it was bogus! Listen to the anything and everything DVD that is his voice! The carnival of madness was not his live voice! I expected to get crucified when I posted this and I didn't so that tells me I'm not the only one. I will buy shinedown CDs and apparel but will not see them live again! It's pretty obvious when he never stops singing in he middle of a song to get the crowd to sing along that was something that they used to do and now it's not done!

]

] [quote=scooter92mo]Here is the link Devour-Shinedown live St. Louis 9/7/13 ByTheMetalstepp3 views[/quote]  Just watched the link- I didn't hear the tape repeat itself like you said ? Please be more specific as to where the part of the song repeats itself.

@Scooter92mo  I am speechless

@Scooter92mo  I am speechless after reading your post- I wish Brent Smith would read this and weigh  in on this matter. I have only seen them once in concert and of course I was in awe,  that is why I have become obsessed by the band and especially the AMAZING vocal power Brent had on stage. To think this was taped on stage- my heart is ripped out. I don't think I will bother to waste my hard earn money on a ticket to see them live with knowing this. Thank you  Scooter92mo  for informing me personally on this..Sad day indeed :(

Here is the link Devour

Here is the link Devour-Shinedown live St. Louis 9/7/13
ByTheMetalstepp3 views

yeah..

yeah..