Would you pay $$$??

• Would you pay $$$??
    ryno3216

So was thinking for new ideas for concerts and whatnot, and I was wondering if Shinedown ever thought of releasing live show recordings to the public for download. Metallica did this on their World Tour recently and charged about $10, which I purchased the Chicago show. It's something unique and relive the memories of being there, especially it being city specific and all the in-between-speaking that goes on. I def would.

Submitted by ryno3216 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

inked4life

Mon, 02/07/2011 - 17:07

Hell yeah I would! Especially when Brent said his things about wanting to buy a house in our state and when he was talking about how Jake's from Oklahoma and he played a song for him. Stuff like that would be the reason why I would buy it because it is specific to my concert location that I went to. Linkin park did something similar during their tour for the minutes to midnight tour, did an audio download for the specific city you attended. But of course it was only available to download for a limited time and my computer happened to get messed up right before the concert. And I couldn't get it fixed until after the download period ended :(

d_eicholz

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 02:57

I would for $10 but the problem is that it would likely have to be a higher price. Metallica has much larger audiences to sell this to for each tour date. Also, if they could afford the metallica ticket they probably can afford $10. But with shinedown its smaller crowds and likely people with less expendable money. Otherwise if they can make it happen and not have high prices i would love it.

Called a credit card! haha which I need to stop charging. Good call...I just thought it would be a way to reach the public more, kinda like to friends and family as in, "Hey I went to the Shinedown show the other night, check out the recording" and they can experience it live...without being there live, if that makes sense.

Metallica is indeed a little bit more cash for a concert, but if anyone gets a chance, Metallica live is amazing...could there ever be a Shinedown/Metallica Tour?!?!

forcefan2000

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 10:57

[quote="d_eicholz"]I would for $10 but the problem is that it would likely have to be a higher price. Metallica has much larger audiences to sell this to for each tour date. Also, if they could afford the metallica ticket they probably can afford $10. But with shinedown its smaller crowds and likely people with less expendable money. Otherwise if they can make it happen and not have high prices i would love it.[/quote]

I dont necessarily think that it would have to be that high of a price. $10 would be reasonable because most artists record their shows on the sound board anyways, so the only thing they would be doing is making it downloadable to the fans. Or, something that I have seen happen before, is that some artists have sold USB bands that have the concert loaded onto the drive in the USB at the end of the concert, so there is no downloading necessary. You just pick it up at the end of the concert and then transfer it to the computer. Those were a little more expensive because you had to buy the band as well.

tessarakt

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 15:17

for that little ... certainly would ...
moe than that ... guess it would depend on finances at the time ...

crueangel

Tue, 02/08/2011 - 19:56

I so would do that! It would be cool to be able to relive the Tampa A&E concert. Eric and his cheese.... LOL

So was thinking for new ideas for concerts and whatnot, and I was wondering if Shinedown ever thought of releasing live show recordings to the public for download. Metallica did this on their World Tour recently and charged about $10, which I purchased the Chicago show. It's something unique and relive the memories of being there, especially it being city specific and all the in-between-speaking that goes on. I def would.

comments

I so would do that! It would be cool to be able to relive the Tampa A&E concert. Eric and his cheese.... LOL

for that little ... certainly would ...
moe than that ... guess it would depend on finances at the time ...

[quote="d_eicholz"]I would for $10 but the problem is that it would likely have to be a higher price. Metallica has much larger audiences to sell this to for each tour date. Also, if they could afford the metallica ticket they probably can afford $10. But with shinedown its smaller crowds and likely people with less expendable money. Otherwise if they can make it happen and not have high prices i would love it.[/quote]

I dont necessarily think that it would have to be that high of a price. $10 would be reasonable because most artists record their shows on the sound board anyways, so the only thing they would be doing is making it downloadable to the fans. Or, something that I have seen happen before, is that some artists have sold USB bands that have the concert loaded onto the drive in the USB at the end of the concert, so there is no downloading necessary. You just pick it up at the end of the concert and then transfer it to the computer. Those were a little more expensive because you had to buy the band as well.

Called a credit card! haha which I need to stop charging. Good call...I just thought it would be a way to reach the public more, kinda like to friends and family as in, "Hey I went to the Shinedown show the other night, check out the recording" and they can experience it live...without being there live, if that makes sense.

Metallica is indeed a little bit more cash for a concert, but if anyone gets a chance, Metallica live is amazing...could there ever be a Shinedown/Metallica Tour?!?!

I would for $10 but the problem is that it would likely have to be a higher price. Metallica has much larger audiences to sell this to for each tour date. Also, if they could afford the metallica ticket they probably can afford $10. But with shinedown its smaller crowds and likely people with less expendable money. Otherwise if they can make it happen and not have high prices i would love it.

Hell yeah I would! Especially when Brent said his things about wanting to buy a house in our state and when he was talking about how Jake's from Oklahoma and he played a song for him. Stuff like that would be the reason why I would buy it because it is specific to my concert location that I went to. Linkin park did something similar during their tour for the minutes to midnight tour, did an audio download for the specific city you attended. But of course it was only available to download for a limited time and my computer happened to get messed up right before the concert. And I couldn't get it fixed until after the download period ended :(