WINGDING in Rockford

• WINGDING in Rockford
    ShinedownPete

Not sure if anyone else heard but the rumor is Shinedown will headline WINGDING this year.

Can't beat it for $ 15.00 a ticket and about 10 bands.

Just wondering if anyone else heard this or any of the other bands will be there such as Black Stone Cherry being they play there for the last 4 years.
    Thanks

Submitted by ShinedownPete on
Forum category
Is pro
No

ShinedownPicks

Tue, 03/03/2009 - 20:59

Yep I seen they were playing there about a week and a half - two weeks ago. I told everyone I knew lol. I havent found any other bands while snooping around...yet. Im sure Black Stone Cherry will be there though as always. Woot! It keeps getting better and better each year. I know Ill be there

ShinedownPete

Tue, 03/03/2009 - 21:25

Dude it seems were going to be going the same concerts lol.

Yeah i went to WingDing last year for the first time last year and had a blast and now that Shinedown will headline i am for sure down for it and i love Black Stone Cherry.

If you hear anyone else playing let me know or for sure if i hear anything as well.

ShinedownPicks

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 09:05

Yeah pretty much! Where do you live at? I will definitely keep you informed on anything I hear!!

ShinedownPete

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 09:09

We live in the Gurnee area.

I try to go to as many concerts as i can in a year.
Last year i did about 26 concerts but don't think i will be doing as many this year.
What about you.

ShinedownPicks

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 11:34

Exact location is Shabbona, so a little ways away. I try to go to as many also, but with a 10 month old, and another on the way, as well as this crappy economy, I dont think I will get in as many as I would like to. You definitely have me beat with that count!

ShinedownPete

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 11:39

I hear you on the economy that is why i am slowing down as well and just go to who i really want to see this year.

I have 3 daughters 11 , 8 and 3 and there all into shinedown.
The little one is always singing there songs and the oldest came in to school with a autograph cd from the guys and signed t-shirt and was mobbed lol.

Congrats on the little on the way

ShinedownPicks

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 11:44

HAHA! That's the way. My brother is 8 and he likes them as well. I haven't given him any of my signed stuff though. I dont think Id get it back, and if I did, not in one piece.

Thanks! Its exciting, thats for sure.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 14:23

both of you that is awesome that you have little ones that are into shinedown. i have two brother-in-laws one 13 and one that is about to be 6. both are hooked on shinedown and I am proud to say that I was the sole influence for that. the one who is about to be 6 is always asking me when they are coming down to have a show cuz he wants to go. lol. the older one is always wanting to know the latest news on the guys and how they are doing. he's even getting everyone at school hooked on shinedown.

ShinedownPete

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 14:27

Hey have to keep it in the family and make it grow lol :lol:

My 11 year old went to Harleyfest in Milwaukee for Foo fighters and Three Days Grace for her first rock concert but since then she has been begging me to see Shinedown.

My 3 year old swear she can crowd surf already lol and rock harder then anyone her age.

I see Sound of Madness will be the next single sweet..

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 16:26

lol that's awesome. let's keep the shinedownnation growing. the power of shinedown like eric says is awe inspiring and terrifying. lol.

Fiery Halo

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 17:54

I plan on going to Rockford for WINGDING if Shinedown is going to be there :lol: Can someone please post as soon as it's offical . My son is also a huge Shinedown fan. He's seen them 6 of the last 8 times that I have. He can't go to the Brat Stop though because of the whole 21 and older rule. But WINGDING is always right around the corner for him..

ShinedownPicks

Wed, 03/04/2009 - 18:19

[quote="fiery_halo"]I plan on going to Rockford for WINGDING if Shinedown is going to be there :lol: Can someone please post as soon as it's offical . My son is also a huge Shinedown fan. He's seen them 6 of the last 8 times that I have. He can't go to the Brat Stop though because of the whole 21 and older rule. But WINGDING is always right around the corner for him..[/quote]

It is pretty much official as of now. Atlantic records wouldnt put it on their website if they didnt confirm the date. I would plan on saving that date ;)

Fiery Halo

Thu, 03/05/2009 - 16:01

It never even dawned on me to check the atlantic site .. :lol:
I have already made plans to be there !!!

ShinedownPicks

Thu, 03/05/2009 - 17:02

That was how I originally found out. I googled Wing Ding 2009 and my first result was from Atlantic and had Shinedown and I nearly pissed myself. Haha. They could put Brittney Spears and Nsync on the bill and I would still go. $15 for Shinedown is a deal all in itself!

ShinedownPete

Thu, 03/05/2009 - 17:15

Well last year they had Tone Loc and that killed the concert for about an hr lol.
I was like WTF is he doing here.

But Britney hmmmmm that one i might let slide

ShinedownPicks

Thu, 03/05/2009 - 17:32

OMG dont get me started about Tone Loc. I could NOT believe they did that.

I mean seriously. Sometimes I think they do it just to make us EARN that cheap ticket price! Haha

EDIT: Just got my e-mail...I got the meet & greet for before the show on the 11th

ShinedownPete

Thu, 03/05/2009 - 19:43

Yeah me and my friends were having a good time get wasted and then he came on. Instant buzz kill we all had the WTF face.

Hey congrats on getting the Meet & greet pass.
I am hoping to get one for the 21st show so we will see.

ShinedownPicks

Thu, 03/05/2009 - 19:52

Yeah there were quite a few people with that face. Those that were beyond drunk just danced like artards haha. I was standing in front of a few couples that were basically having sex. Dropped the pants, she was down to her underwear and there was some uh...humping and such...going on. HA! Leave it to Wing Ding

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 03/06/2009 - 08:20

lol that's crazy. i've seen some weird stuff at concerts but never that lol.

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 03/06/2009 - 09:28

Yep same here. And the sad part was...it was like a train wreck, you couldn't help but stare. AH!

ShinedownPete

Fri, 03/06/2009 - 09:32

WingDing is something special.

Place to see missing teeth and the most ugly people there lol but it is also a great time to see many bands for not much money.

I am hoping Shinedown brings a better crowd lol But if not oh well gives us all something to talk about and they have made it official on the website that they will be there.

ShinedownPicks

Fri, 03/06/2009 - 10:26

That is true! I believe they once said on the radio that it is a time for the wierdos to shine. With 20,000+ people, you are bound to see one or two.

I think Shinedown will indeed bring in a good crowd (aside from the cheap ticket price) but once they announce more bands, you will get even more and more people.

But like you said...if not, oh well. We will be there, and that is all that matters.

Not sure if anyone else heard but the rumor is Shinedown will headline WINGDING this year.

Can't beat it for $ 15.00 a ticket and about 10 bands.

Just wondering if anyone else heard this or any of the other bands will be there such as Black Stone Cherry being they play there for the last 4 years.
Thanks

comments

That is true! I believe they once said on the radio that it is a time for the wierdos to shine. With 20,000+ people, you are bound to see one or two.

I think Shinedown will indeed bring in a good crowd (aside from the cheap ticket price) but once they announce more bands, you will get even more and more people.

But like you said...if not, oh well. We will be there, and that is all that matters.

WingDing is something special.

Place to see missing teeth and the most ugly people there lol but it is also a great time to see many bands for not much money.

I am hoping Shinedown brings a better crowd lol But if not oh well gives us all something to talk about and they have made it official on the website that they will be there.

Yep same here. And the sad part was...it was like a train wreck, you couldn't help but stare. AH!

lol that's crazy. i've seen some weird stuff at concerts but never that lol.

Yeah there were quite a few people with that face. Those that were beyond drunk just danced like artards haha. I was standing in front of a few couples that were basically having sex. Dropped the pants, she was down to her underwear and there was some uh...humping and such...going on. HA! Leave it to Wing Ding

Yeah me and my friends were having a good time get wasted and then he came on. Instant buzz kill we all had the WTF face.

Hey congrats on getting the Meet & greet pass.
I am hoping to get one for the 21st show so we will see.

OMG dont get me started about Tone Loc. I could NOT believe they did that.

I mean seriously. Sometimes I think they do it just to make us EARN that cheap ticket price! Haha

EDIT: Just got my e-mail...I got the meet & greet for before the show on the 11th

Well last year they had Tone Loc and that killed the concert for about an hr lol.
I was like WTF is he doing here.

But Britney hmmmmm that one i might let slide

That was how I originally found out. I googled Wing Ding 2009 and my first result was from Atlantic and had Shinedown and I nearly pissed myself. Haha. They could put Brittney Spears and Nsync on the bill and I would still go. $15 for Shinedown is a deal all in itself!

It never even dawned on me to check the atlantic site .. :lol:
I have already made plans to be there !!!

[quote="fiery_halo"]I plan on going to Rockford for WINGDING if Shinedown is going to be there :lol: Can someone please post as soon as it's offical . My son is also a huge Shinedown fan. He's seen them 6 of the last 8 times that I have. He can't go to the Brat Stop though because of the whole 21 and older rule. But WINGDING is always right around the corner for him..[/quote]

It is pretty much official as of now. Atlantic records wouldnt put it on their website if they didnt confirm the date. I would plan on saving that date ;)

I plan on going to Rockford for WINGDING if Shinedown is going to be there :lol: Can someone please post as soon as it's offical . My son is also a huge Shinedown fan. He's seen them 6 of the last 8 times that I have. He can't go to the Brat Stop though because of the whole 21 and older rule. But WINGDING is always right around the corner for him..

lol that's awesome. let's keep the shinedownnation growing. the power of shinedown like eric says is awe inspiring and terrifying. lol.

Hey have to keep it in the family and make it grow lol :lol:

My 11 year old went to Harleyfest in Milwaukee for Foo fighters and Three Days Grace for her first rock concert but since then she has been begging me to see Shinedown.

My 3 year old swear she can crowd surf already lol and rock harder then anyone her age.

I see Sound of Madness will be the next single sweet..

both of you that is awesome that you have little ones that are into shinedown. i have two brother-in-laws one 13 and one that is about to be 6. both are hooked on shinedown and I am proud to say that I was the sole influence for that. the one who is about to be 6 is always asking me when they are coming down to have a show cuz he wants to go. lol. the older one is always wanting to know the latest news on the guys and how they are doing. he's even getting everyone at school hooked on shinedown.

HAHA! That's the way. My brother is 8 and he likes them as well. I haven't given him any of my signed stuff though. I dont think Id get it back, and if I did, not in one piece.

Thanks! Its exciting, thats for sure.

I hear you on the economy that is why i am slowing down as well and just go to who i really want to see this year.

I have 3 daughters 11 , 8 and 3 and there all into shinedown.
The little one is always singing there songs and the oldest came in to school with a autograph cd from the guys and signed t-shirt and was mobbed lol.

Congrats on the little on the way

Exact location is Shabbona, so a little ways away. I try to go to as many also, but with a 10 month old, and another on the way, as well as this crappy economy, I dont think I will get in as many as I would like to. You definitely have me beat with that count!

We live in the Gurnee area.

I try to go to as many concerts as i can in a year.
Last year i did about 26 concerts but don't think i will be doing as many this year.
What about you.

Yeah pretty much! Where do you live at? I will definitely keep you informed on anything I hear!!

Dude it seems were going to be going the same concerts lol.

Yeah i went to WingDing last year for the first time last year and had a blast and now that Shinedown will headline i am for sure down for it and i love Black Stone Cherry.

If you hear anyone else playing let me know or for sure if i hear anything as well.

Yep I seen they were playing there about a week and a half - two weeks ago. I told everyone I knew lol. I havent found any other bands while snooping around...yet. Im sure Black Stone Cherry will be there though as always. Woot! It keeps getting better and better each year. I know Ill be there