This wierd thing at shinedown shows

• This wierd thing at shinedown shows
    Kdrckrules

Back in early June we went to Rockfest in K.C. with a long line up of up and coming bands on the B-stage and bands from Another Animal, Trapt, Chevelle,Sevendust, Saliva, Shinedown,and Headlining was Stone Temple Pilots. We went to Pointfest this past month in St. Louis with the main stage being Appocoliptica,Bullet For My Valentine, Puddle of Mud, Shinedown and Headlining was Seather. After about a forth of the way through both Headlinning acts we headed for the gate. We were there to see shinedown. The exits were flooded with people leaving. St. Louis more than K.C. but both were reflecting what ive known for a long time. Shinedown is the draw and when they are done large portions of the croud are leaving. I think its time that Shinedown is the Headliner.

Submitted by Kdrckrules on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I agree! But I have actually had the treat of seeing Shinedown headline 3 times. One time actually had black stone cherry, p.o.d., alterbridge and a bunch of other respectable bands opening!

synneraboveall

Wed, 11/12/2008 - 01:07

[quote="shittard"]Back in early June we went to Rockfest in K.C. with a long line up of up and coming bands on the B-stage and bands from Another Animal, Trapt, Chevelle,Sevendust, Saliva, Shinedown,and Headlining was Stone Temple Pilots. We went to Pointfest this past month in St. Louis with the main stage being Appocoliptica,Bullet For My Valentine, Puddle of Mud, Shinedown and Headlining was Seather. After about a forth of the way through both Headlinning acts we headed for the gate. We were there to see shinedown. The exits were flooded with people leaving. St. Louis more than K.C. but both were reflecting what ive known for a long time. Shinedown is the draw and when they are done large portions of the croud are leaving. I think its time that Shinedown is the Headliner.[/quote]

I totally agree..I remember 2yrs ago before they started recording The Sound Of Madness. Shinedown did a Christmas radio show in Springfield, MO and Angels & Airwaves headlined over Shinedown(that was a joke and a half) the place was PACKED with people during the opening acts and Shinedown...but after Shinedown...during A&A there was only like 1/4 the people still there...it was HILARIOUS!!!!!

Fiery Halo

Wed, 11/12/2008 - 05:31

Tonight I plan on leaving after shinedown . I don't care to see A7X at all. Actually I don't even want too see saving abel either . HAHA just my boys..

john45_3685

Wed, 11/12/2008 - 16:23

yeah, i would totally leave b4 a7x tonight, but my friend that i am taking likes them, and i will just end up moshing.

see u there :D

synneraboveall

Wed, 11/12/2008 - 23:26

I love A7X..I thought they are really good...though from the side of the stage it's different than in front of the stage...but they were still AWESOME!!!! I like them!!!!

Deaf Angel

Thu, 11/13/2008 - 11:21

[quote="synneraboveall"]I totally agree..I remember 2yrs ago before they started recording The Sound Of Madness. Shinedown did a Christmas radio show in Springfield, MO and Angels & Airwaves headlined over Shinedown(that was a joke and a half) the place was PACKED with people during the opening acts and Shinedown...but after Shinedown...during A&A there was only like 1/4 the people still there...it was HILARIOUS!!!!![/quote]

i remember that too from the springfield show!
...and i don't know how many stayed at pointfest after shinedown but i know when i did leave after shinedown there was a steady stream of others who were done after the boys played.
wonder when they'll start headlining more shows like they did at the bluenote?!?

synneraboveall

Thu, 11/13/2008 - 21:56

[quote="deaf_angel"][quote="synneraboveall"]I totally agree..I remember 2yrs ago before they started recording The Sound Of Madness. Shinedown did a Christmas radio show in Springfield, MO and Angels & Airwaves headlined over Shinedown(that was a joke and a half) the place was PACKED with people during the opening acts and Shinedown...but after Shinedown...during A&A there was only like 1/4 the people still there...it was HILARIOUS!!!!![/quote]

...and i don't know how many stayed at pointfest after shinedown but i know when i did leave after shinedown there was a steady stream of others who were done after the boys played.
wonder when they'll start headlining more shows like they did at the bluenote?!?[/quote]

The Bluenote shows are the best!!!! I can't wait till they do another one!!!!

My experience was a little different at K-rockathon in upstate NY this past summer. Seems like people were definitely feeling Shinedown, but there was definitely no rush to leave before Seether and 3DG.

Saw them not too long after at Highline Ballroom NYC, and that show was intense!!! Although Theory of a Deadman as a middle act kinda killed the flow of things, they are pretty ghey.

Back in early June we went to Rockfest in K.C. with a long line up of up and coming bands on the B-stage and bands from Another Animal, Trapt, Chevelle,Sevendust, Saliva, Shinedown,and Headlining was Stone Temple Pilots. We went to Pointfest this past month in St. Louis with the main stage being Appocoliptica,Bullet For My Valentine, Puddle of Mud, Shinedown and Headlining was Seather. After about a forth of the way through both Headlinning acts we headed for the gate. We were there to see shinedown. The exits were flooded with people leaving. St. Louis more than K.C. but both were reflecting what ive known for a long time. Shinedown is the draw and when they are done large portions of the croud are leaving. I think its time that Shinedown is the Headliner.

comments

My experience was a little different at K-rockathon in upstate NY this past summer. Seems like people were definitely feeling Shinedown, but there was definitely no rush to leave before Seether and 3DG.

Saw them not too long after at Highline Ballroom NYC, and that show was intense!!! Although Theory of a Deadman as a middle act kinda killed the flow of things, they are pretty ghey.

Re: This wierd thing at shinedown shows

[quote="deaf_angel"][quote="synneraboveall"]I totally agree..I remember 2yrs ago before they started recording The Sound Of Madness. Shinedown did a Christmas radio show in Springfield, MO and Angels & Airwaves headlined over Shinedown(that was a joke and a half) the place was PACKED with people during the opening acts and Shinedown...but after Shinedown...during A&A there was only like 1/4 the people still there...it was HILARIOUS!!!!![/quote]

wonder when they'll start headlining more shows like they did at the bluenote?!?[/quote]

The Bluenote shows are the best!!!! I can't wait till they do another one!!!!

[quote="synneraboveall"]I totally agree..I remember 2yrs ago before they started recording The Sound Of Madness. Shinedown did a Christmas radio show in Springfield, MO and Angels & Airwaves headlined over Shinedown(that was a joke and a half) the place was PACKED with people during the opening acts and Shinedown...but after Shinedown...during A&A there was only like 1/4 the people still there...it was HILARIOUS!!!!![/quote]

wonder when they'll start headlining more shows like they did at the bluenote?!?

I love A7X..I thought they are really good...though from the side of the stage it's different than in front of the stage...but they were still AWESOME!!!! I like them!!!!

yeah, i would totally leave b4 a7x tonight, but my friend that i am taking likes them, and i will just end up moshing.

see u there :D

Tonight I plan on leaving after shinedown . I don't care to see A7X at all. Actually I don't even want too see saving abel either . HAHA just my boys..

[quote="shittard"]Back in early June we went to Rockfest in K.C. with a long line up of up and coming bands on the B-stage and bands from Another Animal, Trapt, Chevelle,Sevendust, Saliva, Shinedown,and Headlining was Stone Temple Pilots. We went to Pointfest this past month in St. Louis with the main stage being Appocoliptica,Bullet For My Valentine, Puddle of Mud, Shinedown and Headlining was Seather. After about a forth of the way through both Headlinning acts we headed for the gate. We were there to see shinedown. The exits were flooded with people leaving. St. Louis more than K.C. but both were reflecting what ive known for a long time. Shinedown is the draw and when they are done large portions of the croud are leaving. I think its time that Shinedown is the Headliner.[/quote]

I totally agree..I remember 2yrs ago before they started recording The Sound Of Madness. Shinedown did a Christmas radio show in Springfield, MO and Angels & Airwaves headlined over Shinedown(that was a joke and a half) the place was PACKED with people during the opening acts and Shinedown...but after Shinedown...during A&A there was only like 1/4 the people still there...it was HILARIOUS!!!!!

I agree! But I have actually had the treat of seeing Shinedown headline 3 times. One time actually had black stone cherry, p.o.d., alterbridge and a bunch of other respectable bands opening!