Who knows the name of the BADASS new song that brent sang?

• Who knows the name of the BADASS new song that brent sang?
    slapahoe

Alright my fellow SD junkies :?:
    Just wanted to stop by and say HI to all the fans like myself since this is my first post. Anyway, I've seen the boys live six or seven times this year and the other night @ UNO lakefront arena Brent sang a brand new song with the most beautiful Lyrics I've ever heard. It was (I thought) a prelude to call me.
    but in fact it was an entirely new song. If you have time you can find it on youtube by typing Shinedown Untitled new song @ UNO. Does Anyone have any info on this new tune? Beacuse they didn't play it in vegas or houston a couple weeks back. And It FRICKIN ROCKS!!! Damn this guys song writing just keeps getting better and better!! I really think we have just began to see the Real Potential of Brent Smith. How exciting!!! Thanks, rock on my brothers and sisters...

Submitted by slapahoe on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Like the name...I think! haha!! Welcome to the boards and congrats on your 1st post! You are among friends here...especially with that positive attitude and the love you so obviously have for Shinedown! Post often...we need more like you!! :D

It appears that we have the same TAT :lol: Where you have the E below yours I Proudly wear Brent's signature. I Truly believe God put him on this planet to be an inspiration(he could've never been a doc or lawyer!) Sorry if my screen name offends some, it's been a long emotional road!! But hey, I'm no different than anyone else. I adopted the screen name last year after having my guts ripped out and the only thing that got me through it was Faith and SD!! I have an UNPLAYED gibson Les Paul Custom hanging on my wall that brent wrote "To Andrew, Breaking Inside Tour 09, Keep Rocking! It's part of my "ShrineDown" if you will, LOL!! Every time I was really HURTING (breaking inside), I would go and lean my head on that guitar and pray!! Thank God for Brent Smith and ALL of the fans that support his efforts!!

I couldn't agree with you more. He really shares his heart and soul when he doesn't have to do it...he could just get up and sing, bow, and get off stage. He truly want's to make a difference in people's lives and he does just that. Obviously...since we're here, right?
Yeah, my tat is in homage not only to Eric, whom I'm sure that you will soon learn, I admire quite a bit; but also for the men in my family. All for 6 generations have had only the -e- for a middle "name". I think we are gonna get along just fine, you and me! Again...welcome! :)
As for your name, we're all big kids here, I do think it's funny, but I have a :twisted: twisted sense of humor. I don't condone violence toward women of course. Don't worry about it, it's all in fun! :lol:

BrAnDi_11

Thu, 10/22/2009 - 00:23

I think its a prelude to Call Me. It was awesome really shows off his voice. Think its like the 1 he had for save me last year & like when they did FITDM. I dunno that was my guess they played it Friday in Pensacola to.

BrAnDi_11

Thu, 10/22/2009 - 00:28

Then again it could be a new song Eric has been working on some new stuff. It kinda goes with call me after seeing it at both shows. Welcome to the boards :)

I understand what you all are saying about Brent's ability to touch people - I feel it in the music. Last night was my first Shinedown concert and Brent really does reach out to people in the show - it was pretty intense at times. The enitre band was just amazing! So thankful I have found them and their music! :wink:

dalamar_2

Thu, 10/22/2009 - 10:24

Leaving the god delusion aside, I think Mr. Smith is a talented songwriter that we are fortunate to be acquainted with.

I'll check out the prelude.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 10/22/2009 - 11:20

first let me welcome slapahoe to the family. you are among friends here indeed as lorilee put it. we are all huge fans of this great thing called SHINEDOWN. i had just seen that prelude yesterday on youtube but hadn't quite heard all the lyrics it sounds really good. and definately goes with call me but it could be some new stuff as i know zach and eric are constantly writing new stuff on the road. who knows this could be some new material being tried out. and karen that little bit that was sung in houston was something different that brent did. one of his many ways to introduce songs. i've seen them perform twice in houston and both times he's found an interesting way to lead into a song.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 10/22/2009 - 11:31

oh okay. i think its great the intros. i want to know if he thinks of it during rehearsal or if he takes his time to write it out before.

Yeah I wonder too. Hmmmm.... :?

Wow! I love this...we are FINALLY getting back to discussing Shinedown and their music! Thanks again "Slapahoe"!! You Rock! 8)

Junkie...can you provide the YouTube link for us? You are soooo good at that! Love ya Brutha!

is it the same one? :?

d_eicholz

Wed, 10/28/2009 - 22:47

hey, welcome to the boards!!! awesome to see some new faces. i haven't been able to get on much lately but i love this place. the people here are all so awesome. i'm sure u will feel right at home here!

anyway, yeah, just found it on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obtx8ISVjHc) and it sounds beautiful. i think maybe its like part of a new song being used as a prelude. maybe just a slice of a new song and they r trying it out on the road w/o giving the whole thing away. either way i am damn excited about the prospective of NEW SHINEDOWN MUSIC!!!!! :D

Alright my fellow SD junkies :?:
Just wanted to stop by and say HI to all the fans like myself since this is my first post. Anyway, I've seen the boys live six or seven times this year and the other night @ UNO lakefront arena Brent sang a brand new song with the most beautiful Lyrics I've ever heard. It was (I thought) a prelude to call me.
but in fact it was an entirely new song. If you have time you can find it on youtube by typing Shinedown Untitled new song @ UNO. Does Anyone have any info on this new tune? Beacuse they didn't play it in vegas or houston a couple weeks back. And It FRICKIN ROCKS!!! Damn this guys song writing just keeps getting better and better!! I really think we have just began to see the Real Potential of Brent Smith. How exciting!!! Thanks, rock on my brothers and sisters...

comments

hey, welcome to the boards!!! awesome to see some new faces. i haven't been able to get on much lately but i love this place. the people here are all so awesome. i'm sure u will feel right at home here!

anyway, yeah, just found it on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obtx8ISVjHc) and it sounds beautiful. i think maybe its like part of a new song being used as a prelude. maybe just a slice of a new song and they r trying it out on the road w/o giving the whole thing away. either way i am damn excited about the prospective of NEW SHINEDOWN MUSIC!!!!! :D

is it the same one? :?

Wow! I love this...we are FINALLY getting back to discussing Shinedown and their music! Thanks again "Slapahoe"!! You Rock! 8)

Junkie...can you provide the YouTube link for us? You are soooo good at that! Love ya Brutha!

Yeah I wonder too. Hmmmm.... :?

oh okay. i think its great the intros. i want to know if he thinks of it during rehearsal or if he takes his time to write it out before.

first let me welcome slapahoe to the family. you are among friends here indeed as lorilee put it. we are all huge fans of this great thing called SHINEDOWN. i had just seen that prelude yesterday on youtube but hadn't quite heard all the lyrics it sounds really good. and definately goes with call me but it could be some new stuff as i know zach and eric are constantly writing new stuff on the road. who knows this could be some new material being tried out. and karen that little bit that was sung in houston was something different that brent did. one of his many ways to introduce songs. i've seen them perform twice in houston and both times he's found an interesting way to lead into a song.

Leaving the god delusion aside, I think Mr. Smith is a talented songwriter that we are fortunate to be acquainted with.

I'll check out the prelude.

I understand what you all are saying about Brent's ability to touch people - I feel it in the music. Last night was my first Shinedown concert and Brent really does reach out to people in the show - it was pretty intense at times. The enitre band was just amazing! So thankful I have found them and their music! :wink:

Then again it could be a new song Eric has been working on some new stuff. It kinda goes with call me after seeing it at both shows. Welcome to the boards :)

I think its a prelude to Call Me. It was awesome really shows off his voice. Think its like the 1 he had for save me last year & like when they did FITDM. I dunno that was my guess they played it Friday in Pensacola to.

I couldn't agree with you more. He really shares his heart and soul when he doesn't have to do it...he could just get up and sing, bow, and get off stage. He truly want's to make a difference in people's lives and he does just that. Obviously...since we're here, right?
Yeah, my tat is in homage not only to Eric, whom I'm sure that you will soon learn, I admire quite a bit; but also for the men in my family. All for 6 generations have had only the -e- for a middle "name". I think we are gonna get along just fine, you and me! Again...welcome! :)
As for your name, we're all big kids here, I do think it's funny, but I have a :twisted: twisted sense of humor. I don't condone violence toward women of course. Don't worry about it, it's all in fun! :lol:

Thanks Lori for the kind words!

It appears that we have the same TAT :lol: Where you have the E below yours I Proudly wear Brent's signature. I Truly believe God put him on this planet to be an inspiration(he could've never been a doc or lawyer!) Sorry if my screen name offends some, it's been a long emotional road!! But hey, I'm no different than anyone else. I adopted the screen name last year after having my guts ripped out and the only thing that got me through it was Faith and SD!! I have an UNPLAYED gibson Les Paul Custom hanging on my wall that brent wrote "To Andrew, Breaking Inside Tour 09, Keep Rocking! It's part of my "ShrineDown" if you will, LOL!! Every time I was really HURTING (breaking inside), I would go and lean my head on that guitar and pray!! Thank God for Brent Smith and ALL of the fans that support his efforts!!

Like the name...I think! haha!! Welcome to the boards and congrats on your 1st post! You are among friends here...especially with that positive attitude and the love you so obviously have for Shinedown! Post often...we need more like you!! :D