What's the deal with the "pre"-sales?

• What's the deal with the "pre"-sales?
    89kcfan

Just venting a little bit here...

So I'm planning on going to the SD show on May 27th in Wichita, KS. As soon as I saw on the site that they were going to play there, I looked for ticket information, but didn't see any. I went to the venue's website & found that tickets were available, so I bought one (seeing as how they sell the place out almost any time they come here...).

Then I get the e-mail today that says pre-sale tickets are available today at 3:00 (I opened the e-mail at 4:00) and that the first 10 will receive a meet & greet or whatnot. Problem is: I already have my ticket, so I have zero need for a "pre-sale."

Had I known that I could buy from the SD Nation site & possibly get the M&G, I probably would have waited until today...

Anyone else had this problem with different venues? 'Cause I'm not too happy that I'm paying to be in this fan club when anyone can buy a ticket before the "pre-sale" starts.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Shinedown and I doubt they had anything to do with this, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had the problem?

Submitted by 89kcfan on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Yeah, I am going to the show in Omaha, NE and when tickets went on sale about 3 weeks ago now I picked up mine because I assumed there wouldn't be a pre sale, no big deal. This past wednesday I got an email around noon that there would be a presale that day at 3! Thank goodness for my blackberry. So now I have 2 extra tickets. -_- hopefully I can sell them.

I totally feel you on this one... I'm going 2 both Omaha & Wichita shows... & i really would of like lil bit of a notice 2! I was in Training at work with no computer acess....But i guess thats how it goes sometimes...RRRRR

sheena_3931

Tue, 05/12/2009 - 21:25

Ditto. I bought for the Omaha and Wichita way before the "pre" sale, now I'm stuck with extra tix because I still bought through the fan club in hopes of the M&G opportunity. I was able to give away my Wichita tix, but I still have Omaha ones I really didn't need, nor did I WANT to pay for 4 tickets when I only wanted the 2 thru the fanclub. OH well! The things we do in the hopes to get a quick hello with our faves!!!

Just venting a little bit here...

So I'm planning on going to the SD show on May 27th in Wichita, KS. As soon as I saw on the site that they were going to play there, I looked for ticket information, but didn't see any. I went to the venue's website & found that tickets were available, so I bought one (seeing as how they sell the place out almost any time they come here...).

Then I get the e-mail today that says pre-sale tickets are available today at 3:00 (I opened the e-mail at 4:00) and that the first 10 will receive a meet & greet or whatnot. Problem is: I already have my ticket, so I have zero need for a "pre-sale."

Had I known that I could buy from the SD Nation site & possibly get the M&G, I probably would have waited until today...

Anyone else had this problem with different venues? 'Cause I'm not too happy that I'm paying to be in this fan club when anyone can buy a ticket before the "pre-sale" starts.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Shinedown and I doubt they had anything to do with this, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had the problem?

comments

Ditto. I bought for the Omaha and Wichita way before the "pre" sale, now I'm stuck with extra tix because I still bought through the fan club in hopes of the M&G opportunity. I was able to give away my Wichita tix, but I still have Omaha ones I really didn't need, nor did I WANT to pay for 4 tickets when I only wanted the 2 thru the fanclub. OH well! The things we do in the hopes to get a quick hello with our faves!!!

I totally feel you on this one... I'm going 2 both Omaha & Wichita shows... & i really would of like lil bit of a notice 2! I was in Training at work with no computer acess....But i guess thats how it goes sometimes...RRRRR

Yeah, I am going to the show in Omaha, NE and when tickets went on sale about 3 weeks ago now I picked up mine because I assumed there wouldn't be a pre sale, no big deal. This past wednesday I got an email around noon that there would be a presale that day at 3! Thank goodness for my blackberry. So now I have 2 extra tickets. -_- hopefully I can sell them.