what trait about the band do you like the most?

• what trait about the band do you like the most?
    erica881014

besides making great music and writing icredible lyrics,the band always appreciates their fans and i like that they connect with you either themselves or through their music and i also like fact that their music is always about something that one of them is going through or coming out of .so what quality do you like best about the band?

Submitted by erica881014 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

callmeasaint

Mon, 12/06/2010 - 01:57

Impossible to pick one.

I love that the music is about something but still 'fun' for lack of a better term.

In other words..some bands have really deep,meaningful music but it's boring as hell. Other bands are fun and make you want to pump your fist but it's cheesy and empty lyrically.

This band can share a message w/o putting you to sleep. And they can make you dance and get pumped w/o coming off as shallow.

The music has substance while still being enjoyable.

No offense to bands who sing about starving children or corrupt governments but when I've had a bad day at work or a fight with my wife or am missing my parents or just blue....Brents lyrics speak to things real people face each day.

When I hate my job and want a better life I am sorry but I'm not thinking of injustices in Africa or China.

U2 is great at what they do but they don't speak to me...Brent I feel speaks about crap the common man or woman deal with every day AND unlike U2 or Dave Matthews Band..SD's songs don't bore me to tears even when they are saying something profound.

Shinedown doesn't have one single 'fluff' track on any of the 3 records..all of them mean something to somebody somewhere.

I grew up on hairmetal and I'll always love bands and the memories of groups like Motley and Poison but there is also so much garbage there. I'm not 14 anymore. I needed music that could still kick my @ss but also speak to me and make me see problems in a new light.

So many things to love and admire about this band. Hard to pick one.

Everything...I know that's pretty obvious, otherwise we all wouldn't be huge fans right?

I'd have to say the live shows though. You know going to a show you're going to get your price of admissions worth and see a great show. It's not stand around and strum and sing, they move and play to the audience. I've seen some big names not even do that, which is disappointing. With Shinedown, you know you're going to be exhausted just like they are.

erica881014

Mon, 12/06/2010 - 17:26

[quote="boomlay"]Impossible to pick one.

Shinedown doesn't have one single 'fluff' track on any of the 3 records..all of them mean something to somebody somewhere.
.[/quote]

i absolutly agree that there isn't any "fluff" on their cds.they are one of the few bands that i listen to every single thing they play/sing.

callmeasaint

Wed, 12/08/2010 - 01:32

Yep. Fluff or filler whatever you want to call it...SD don't have it.

So many bands go for those 3 singles to last them the year and the other 8 tracks are garbage.

The worst song on any SD record would be some bands best work.

crueangel

Wed, 12/08/2010 - 19:38

It is SO very hard to pick just one trait.

I love that they pour so much of themselves into making music for us, and entertaining us, yet still remain down to earth people.

I love to watch them play live because they just play their hearts out. There is just such magic when they get up onstage- especially during the acoustic tour. The energy was SO amazing at the show. And they're not afraid to goof around with each other. I love the chemistry between them. I think that the closeness between them adds to the music and the performance. Like they said in the dvd interview- they don't have to worry about each other dropping a solo, or missing a beat, they just have to worry about going out there and kicking ass!

I love that Brent can sing one single song and pour every emotion into it.

Every song makes you feel something. Sully Erna once said that "You don't just listen to music, you feel it with your soul." It totally applies to Shinedown. Like boomlay said, each and every Shinedown song means something to someone somewhere.

ShinedownChica

Fri, 12/24/2010 - 17:41

I was actually speaking with my guidance counselor about this at school because she wanted to hear about influences and things that connect me to what I'm passionate about: MUSIC
There's so much feeling behind the words and a story to every song instead of a song about every one night stand someone's ever had. They pour everything possible into every second of writing, performing, their music in general.....

crueangel

Fri, 12/24/2010 - 20:19

I so agree! You can hear it in every note and every word of every song. It's not just a job to them, they love what they do and it shows. And I love that each song tells a story that connects with people on a very special level. Ok- I am SO jonesing for the next album now! LOL :)

tessarakt

Fri, 12/24/2010 - 23:11

There's such a huge difference in so many of their songs. If you're not familiar with them you're not going to be able to just right off know who it is based on having heard one or two other songs. I love that. Shows off how talented they truly are.

I love watching them perform because you can TELL, you can SEE they are having a BLAST.

I also noticed at the A&E show that they (well, not Barry since he's in the back lol) are looking AT individual PEOPLE in the audience, not staring off at the back or just scanning ... they are looking AT us all.

crueangel

Sat, 12/25/2010 - 18:34

[quote="jen_n_dave"]There's such a huge difference in so many of their songs. If you're not familiar with them you're not going to be able to just right off know who it is based on having heard one or two other songs. I love that. Shows off how talented they truly are.

I love watching them perform because you can TELL, you can SEE they are having a BLAST.

I also noticed at the A&E show that they (well, not Barry since he's in the back lol) are looking AT individual PEOPLE in the audience, not staring off at the back or just scanning ... they are looking AT us all.[/quote]

YES! I love it that you can so totally tell that they LOVE to play for us! At the A&E show I went to, the stage was set up so Barry was on the left side, with Eric next with his upright base, then Brent and Zach. It was SO awesome to be able to see ALL of them, because I LOVE to watch Barry play. I think it's amazing that he gets so into it he sometimes plays with his eyes closed. :D

tessarakt

Sat, 12/25/2010 - 20:02

[quote="crueangel"][quote="jen_n_dave"]There's such a huge difference in so many of their songs. If you're not familiar with them you're not going to be able to just right off know who it is based on having heard one or two other songs. I love that. Shows off how talented they truly are.

I also noticed at the A&E show that they (well, not Barry since he's in the back lol) are looking AT individual PEOPLE in the audience, not staring off at the back or just scanning ... they are looking AT us all.[/quote]

YES! I love it that you can so totally tell that they LOVE to play for us! At the A&E show I went to, the stage was set up so Barry was on the left side, with Eric next with his upright base, then Brent and Zach. It was SO awesome to be able to see ALL of them, because I LOVE to watch Barry play. I think it's amazing that he gets so into it he sometimes plays with his eyes closed. :D[/quote]

I wish I could've seen Barry better ... the Tivoli stage was a little narrow and deep so Barry was kinda far back

inked4life

Sat, 12/25/2010 - 20:08

I loved how Barry and The Bear had a little bit of an interaction and it seemed so cool that they were so in sync to the beats of the drums and stuff. You could tell that The Bear has a really good friendship with the band.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:14

I would say that I love the way Sd's songs connect with so many different people from so many different walks of life. We are all so different yet we are brought together by the music that we love so much the music we can't go one day without hearing at least one song. Then you realize wait wait now I need to hear this other song as well by Shinedown lol. But most of all I love how they've always been about the fans it's never been about making money or being a rock star it's always been about making the fans happy. And yes I've noticed as well that the guys will usually be interacting with some of the fans in the crowd. In the first show that I met the band Eric and Zach were saying hi to my wife and I. Zach came over and played some of the song Heroes for us and Eric looked right over at us and bowed and he mouthed the words "thank you so much to me" I had given him a personal letter earlier during the meet and greet. After the show he grabbed his setlist jumped off stage and brought it over to me. One of the proudest days of my life and I'll never forget he did that for us.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:40

I couldn't agree more! They are the most down to earth appreciative people which most people when I tell them dont believe. I never got the oppurtunity to do a m&g but i went to the signings twice. One of which I had them sign my phone and Eric was all worried of writing on it. He was like "Are you sure?" He smiled really big when I said I wanted everyone to see who's fan I am. I show everyone my phone and tell them the story.... I then am called a crack head cuz I get overly excited apparently haha.

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:43

I get weird looks too especailly at work when I tell them the reason behind my tattoos but there is nothing they can do to take away Shinedown from me hahaha.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 10:45

I been working on a Shinedown inspired tattoo that I wanna get when I can and people keep laughing since I can't even get one for like 2 yrs. My friends don't just give me weird looks.... They straight up call me a crack head lol

crueangel

Mon, 12/27/2010 - 13:52

When people ask about my "Diamond Eyes" tattoo, I just tell them, "It's a Shinedown thing! You wouldn't get it! LMAO

besides making great music and writing icredible lyrics,the band always appreciates their fans and i like that they connect with you either themselves or through their music and i also like fact that their music is always about something that one of them is going through or coming out of .so what quality do you like best about the band?

comments

When people ask about my "Diamond Eyes" tattoo, I just tell them, "It's a Shinedown thing! You wouldn't get it! LMAO

I been working on a Shinedown inspired tattoo that I wanna get when I can and people keep laughing since I can't even get one for like 2 yrs. My friends don't just give me weird looks.... They straight up call me a crack head lol

I get weird looks too especailly at work when I tell them the reason behind my tattoos but there is nothing they can do to take away Shinedown from me hahaha.

I couldn't agree more! They are the most down to earth appreciative people which most people when I tell them dont believe. I never got the oppurtunity to do a m&g but i went to the signings twice. One of which I had them sign my phone and Eric was all worried of writing on it. He was like "Are you sure?" He smiled really big when I said I wanted everyone to see who's fan I am. I show everyone my phone and tell them the story.... I then am called a crack head cuz I get overly excited apparently haha.

I would say that I love the way Sd's songs connect with so many different people from so many different walks of life. We are all so different yet we are brought together by the music that we love so much the music we can't go one day without hearing at least one song. Then you realize wait wait now I need to hear this other song as well by Shinedown lol. But most of all I love how they've always been about the fans it's never been about making money or being a rock star it's always been about making the fans happy. And yes I've noticed as well that the guys will usually be interacting with some of the fans in the crowd. In the first show that I met the band Eric and Zach were saying hi to my wife and I. Zach came over and played some of the song Heroes for us and Eric looked right over at us and bowed and he mouthed the words "thank you so much to me" I had given him a personal letter earlier during the meet and greet. After the show he grabbed his setlist jumped off stage and brought it over to me. One of the proudest days of my life and I'll never forget he did that for us.

I loved how Barry and The Bear had a little bit of an interaction and it seemed so cool that they were so in sync to the beats of the drums and stuff. You could tell that The Bear has a really good friendship with the band.

[quote="crueangel"][quote="jen_n_dave"]There's such a huge difference in so many of their songs. If you're not familiar with them you're not going to be able to just right off know who it is based on having heard one or two other songs. I love that. Shows off how talented they truly are.

YES! I love it that you can so totally tell that they LOVE to play for us! At the A&E show I went to, the stage was set up so Barry was on the left side, with Eric next with his upright base, then Brent and Zach. It was SO awesome to be able to see ALL of them, because I LOVE to watch Barry play. I think it's amazing that he gets so into it he sometimes plays with his eyes closed. :D[/quote]

I wish I could've seen Barry better ... the Tivoli stage was a little narrow and deep so Barry was kinda far back

[quote="jen_n_dave"]There's such a huge difference in so many of their songs. If you're not familiar with them you're not going to be able to just right off know who it is based on having heard one or two other songs. I love that. Shows off how talented they truly are.

YES! I love it that you can so totally tell that they LOVE to play for us! At the A&E show I went to, the stage was set up so Barry was on the left side, with Eric next with his upright base, then Brent and Zach. It was SO awesome to be able to see ALL of them, because I LOVE to watch Barry play. I think it's amazing that he gets so into it he sometimes plays with his eyes closed. :D

There's such a huge difference in so many of their songs. If you're not familiar with them you're not going to be able to just right off know who it is based on having heard one or two other songs. I love that. Shows off how talented they truly are.

I also noticed at the A&E show that they (well, not Barry since he's in the back lol) are looking AT individual PEOPLE in the audience, not staring off at the back or just scanning ... they are looking AT us all.

I so agree! You can hear it in every note and every word of every song. It's not just a job to them, they love what they do and it shows. And I love that each song tells a story that connects with people on a very special level. Ok- I am SO jonesing for the next album now! LOL :)

I was actually speaking with my guidance counselor about this at school because she wanted to hear about influences and things that connect me to what I'm passionate about: MUSIC
There's so much feeling behind the words and a story to every song instead of a song about every one night stand someone's ever had. They pour everything possible into every second of writing, performing, their music in general.....

It is SO very hard to pick just one trait.

I love that they pour so much of themselves into making music for us, and entertaining us, yet still remain down to earth people.

I love to watch them play live because they just play their hearts out. There is just such magic when they get up onstage- especially during the acoustic tour. The energy was SO amazing at the show. And they're not afraid to goof around with each other. I love the chemistry between them. I think that the closeness between them adds to the music and the performance. Like they said in the dvd interview- they don't have to worry about each other dropping a solo, or missing a beat, they just have to worry about going out there and kicking ass!

I love that Brent can sing one single song and pour every emotion into it.

Every song makes you feel something. Sully Erna once said that "You don't just listen to music, you feel it with your soul." It totally applies to Shinedown. Like boomlay said, each and every Shinedown song means something to someone somewhere.

Yep. Fluff or filler whatever you want to call it...SD don't have it.

So many bands go for those 3 singles to last them the year and the other 8 tracks are garbage.

The worst song on any SD record would be some bands best work.

[quote="boomlay"]Impossible to pick one.

.[/quote]

i absolutly agree that there isn't any "fluff" on their cds.they are one of the few bands that i listen to every single thing they play/sing.

Everything...I know that's pretty obvious, otherwise we all wouldn't be huge fans right?

I'd have to say the live shows though. You know going to a show you're going to get your price of admissions worth and see a great show. It's not stand around and strum and sing, they move and play to the audience. I've seen some big names not even do that, which is disappointing. With Shinedown, you know you're going to be exhausted just like they are.

Impossible to pick one.

I love that the music is about something but still 'fun' for lack of a better term.

In other words..some bands have really deep,meaningful music but it's boring as hell. Other bands are fun and make you want to pump your fist but it's cheesy and empty lyrically.

This band can share a message w/o putting you to sleep. And they can make you dance and get pumped w/o coming off as shallow.

The music has substance while still being enjoyable.

No offense to bands who sing about starving children or corrupt governments but when I've had a bad day at work or a fight with my wife or am missing my parents or just blue....Brents lyrics speak to things real people face each day.

When I hate my job and want a better life I am sorry but I'm not thinking of injustices in Africa or China.

U2 is great at what they do but they don't speak to me...Brent I feel speaks about crap the common man or woman deal with every day AND unlike U2 or Dave Matthews Band..SD's songs don't bore me to tears even when they are saying something profound.

I grew up on hairmetal and I'll always love bands and the memories of groups like Motley and Poison but there is also so much garbage there. I'm not 14 anymore. I needed music that could still kick my @ss but also speak to me and make me see problems in a new light.

So many things to love and admire about this band. Hard to pick one.