What song do YOU relate to?

• What song do YOU relate to?
    crueangel

Last night at the Tampa show, the Q&A winner asked the band a great question- "What song does each of the members relate to the most." I am posng the question to the Nation- What Shinedown song do YOU relate to the most? I know most of us could probably make a list of Shinedown songs that we relate to- I know I could! But what is that one song that seems to reach to your very core and strike a chord wihtin you and make you say, "I know that feeling!" and tell us why. I know we're a family here, but you don't have to get too personal if you don't want to!

For me it's "Diamond Eyes".

To me, it's about being jaded. When life throws so much crap at you that you get hard and cold like a diamond. Under the sparkle, a diamond is just a cold, hard rock. That's what diamond eyes are- cold and hard. You just see too much stuff, you stop viewing the world through the rose colored glasses of childhood and view it in a whole different light.

Submitted by crueangel on
Forum category
Is pro
No

It's not so much now, but last year was absolutely hell for me, especially at work and I hated what I had become. The song "shed some light" became my anthem and there would be nights, I would be out on the couch so stressed out I couldn't sleep and I would have that song on repeat on my mp3 player until I fell asleep. I felt that he understood exactly what I was going thru, and it gave me comfort to know I wasn't alone.

_blessmy4

Sun, 11/07/2010 - 14:40

Gosh....that's a hard question!!!! I think it really depends on what is going on in my life at the time, but Call Me would be the one that I really relate to. I have had problems in my relationship, sometimes I still have alot of those feelings. When you can feel the way their music moves you....that is really something.

crueangel

Sun, 11/07/2010 - 18:25

That's a great story, aromaine. I believe that music- no matter who or what you listen to- can hel us through ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that life throws at us!

And yes, blessmy4, it IS a hard question! That's what Barry said when it was his turn to answer. And I agree- when you can feel the music, when each and every note weaves its way into your soul, it is truly magical. And something about Shinedown's music is magical- no doubt about it!

I like "I Dare You" because it challenges people as well as your own thoughts. There's always going to be that "What If" factor with every decision (One says yes, one says no). It's up to us to decide what we want to do and who we want to become. I got "Even in Madness I know You Still Believe" tattooed on me along w/ the Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma ribbon for my mom who is in her 3rd time battling the cancer.

I'm trying to get a pic loaded but I dunno how to do it!!

crueangel

Mon, 11/08/2010 - 21:16

That is awesome, ryno! Can't wait to see a pic. We will keep your mom in our prayers!! *hugs to ya*

The song i relate to most is "Stanger inside"
I was burned out a few years ago. And that song helped me so much.
Cause it described excactly how i felt. Like i didn't know myself anymore.
I'm forever gratefull to Brent for writing this song. :)

wow... that is a tough question - I can relate to so many depending on what is going on in my day. Would love to hear how the guys answered this question!!
I think I'll have to go with Burning Bright - love the symbolism of being a light shining in the darkness.

ahhh Not hard for me...It's Sin With A Grin! for sure! :D

crueangel

Thu, 11/11/2010 - 12:58

[quote="sks463"]ahhh Not hard for me...It's Sin With A Grin! for sure! :D[/quote]

LOL :lol:

ShinedownChica

Thu, 11/11/2010 - 16:41

It's a hard question, but I'd probably have to say Some Day.... At first it was one of my least favorites, but when I sat down and really thought about the lyrics, it seemed like how I feel a lot. The feeling that people you love can't even relate to you any more, but you still love them, but feeling the same way you once did, is difficult. It relates so much to my current problem: how I feel about the baby, and how I feel about other people since I lost it. This song just is so relatable for me, if that's even a word.

crazyquinn05

Mon, 11/22/2010 - 20:09

45. if u been to the acoustic show brent tells the exact same story that i have except my friend doesnt come walkin back to the door.

[quote="crazyquinn05"]45. if u been to the acoustic show brent tells the exact same story that i have except my friend doesnt come walkin back to the door.[/quote]

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that. As soon as he started the story, I kinda guessed where it was going. I hope it's eased with time.

erica881014

Tue, 11/23/2010 - 21:23

That's a very hard question.for me it would have to be what a shame. me and my brother were always different.we grew up defending each other against everyone,just because we didn't think,dress,talk,or look like they did,so we got treated different.

Last night at the Tampa show, the Q&A winner asked the band a great question- "What song does each of the members relate to the most." I am posng the question to the Nation- What Shinedown song do YOU relate to the most? I know most of us could probably make a list of Shinedown songs that we relate to- I know I could! But what is that one song that seems to reach to your very core and strike a chord wihtin you and make you say, "I know that feeling!" and tell us why. I know we're a family here, but you don't have to get too personal if you don't want to!

For me it's "Diamond Eyes".

To me, it's about being jaded. When life throws so much crap at you that you get hard and cold like a diamond. Under the sparkle, a diamond is just a cold, hard rock. That's what diamond eyes are- cold and hard. You just see too much stuff, you stop viewing the world through the rose colored glasses of childhood and view it in a whole different light.

comments

That's a very hard question.for me it would have to be what a shame. me and my brother were always different.we grew up defending each other against everyone,just because we didn't think,dress,talk,or look like they did,so we got treated different.

[quote="crazyquinn05"]45. if u been to the acoustic show brent tells the exact same story that i have except my friend doesnt come walkin back to the door.[/quote]

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that. As soon as he started the story, I kinda guessed where it was going. I hope it's eased with time.

45. if u been to the acoustic show brent tells the exact same story that i have except my friend doesnt come walkin back to the door.

It's a hard question, but I'd probably have to say Some Day.... At first it was one of my least favorites, but when I sat down and really thought about the lyrics, it seemed like how I feel a lot. The feeling that people you love can't even relate to you any more, but you still love them, but feeling the same way you once did, is difficult. It relates so much to my current problem: how I feel about the baby, and how I feel about other people since I lost it. This song just is so relatable for me, if that's even a word.

[quote="sks463"]ahhh Not hard for me...It's Sin With A Grin! for sure! :D[/quote]

LOL :lol:

ahhh Not hard for me...It's Sin With A Grin! for sure! :D

wow... that is a tough question - I can relate to so many depending on what is going on in my day. Would love to hear how the guys answered this question!!
I think I'll have to go with Burning Bright - love the symbolism of being a light shining in the darkness.

The song i relate to most is "Stanger inside"
I was burned out a few years ago. And that song helped me so much.
Cause it described excactly how i felt. Like i didn't know myself anymore.
I'm forever gratefull to Brent for writing this song. :)

That is awesome, ryno! Can't wait to see a pic. We will keep your mom in our prayers!! *hugs to ya*

I like "I Dare You" because it challenges people as well as your own thoughts. There's always going to be that "What If" factor with every decision (One says yes, one says no). It's up to us to decide what we want to do and who we want to become. I got "Even in Madness I know You Still Believe" tattooed on me along w/ the Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma ribbon for my mom who is in her 3rd time battling the cancer.

I'm trying to get a pic loaded but I dunno how to do it!!

That's a great story, aromaine. I believe that music- no matter who or what you listen to- can hel us through ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that life throws at us!

And yes, blessmy4, it IS a hard question! That's what Barry said when it was his turn to answer. And I agree- when you can feel the music, when each and every note weaves its way into your soul, it is truly magical. And something about Shinedown's music is magical- no doubt about it!

Gosh....that's a hard question!!!! I think it really depends on what is going on in my life at the time, but Call Me would be the one that I really relate to. I have had problems in my relationship, sometimes I still have alot of those feelings. When you can feel the way their music moves you....that is really something.

It's not so much now, but last year was absolutely hell for me, especially at work and I hated what I had become. The song "shed some light" became my anthem and there would be nights, I would be out on the couch so stressed out I couldn't sleep and I would have that song on repeat on my mp3 player until I fell asleep. I felt that he understood exactly what I was going thru, and it gave me comfort to know I wasn't alone.