What a Shame

• What a Shame
    hey_8745

Maybe I missed it along the way... Who is this song about?

Submitted by hey_8745 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

brent's uncle

Thanks!!

At the knoxville show, Brent described it a eulogy to his deceased uncle.

Deaf Angel

Thu, 07/31/2008 - 23:01

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Weird I always figured it was about Jasin.[/quote]

i thought 'cry for help' was about jasin.
don't know for sure but it does describe where he was at...

i'd been wondering who 'what a shame' is about, now i know :)

synneraboveall

Thu, 07/31/2008 - 23:36

there are a few songs on the album about jasin...but last time I talked to Brent What A Shame was about his uncle that died while recording the album.

Lisa you could write a book about Shinedown. When you do I would like to help. I'll do photos!

JeffTaormina

Sat, 08/02/2008 - 13:06

[quote="chelska"]Lisa you could write a book about Shinedown. When you do I would like to help. I'll do photos![/quote]
[quote="raymond"]I'll write the forward....or give you a quote for the back - no - BOTH! Yes. :lol:[/quote]

I'll do my part.....

I will read it! :lol:

And will do my part in promoting it to everyone I ever talk to and the way I jabber, it will be toooooooooo many to count!

I get the credit about the idea of the book.

But honestly. It might be kind of fun to write a book. For real.

synneraboveall

Sat, 08/02/2008 - 23:59

Hehehehehe...OMFG...you know what the thought actually went through my head when I read your comment. I should ask the guys if they would let me tour with them for awhile and write a book about their life on the road..that would be so much fun!!!!

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 08/05/2008 - 23:28

[quote]there are a few songs on the album about jasin[/quote]

Probably a dumb (or unanswerable) questionable, but what songs are about Jasin? Cuz the only two I thought worked well with his situation was Cry for Help and What A Shame (but I knew it was about his uncle). The only other two I might make a case for are Breaking Inside and...Call Me? Other than that I can't see any other song on the CD being about Jasin.

[quote="synneraboveall"]Hehehehehe...OMFG...you know what the thought actually went through my head when I read your comment. I should ask the guys if they would let me tour with them for awhile and write a book about their life on the road..that would be so much fun!!!![/quote]

You are only allowed to go if I come too. Otherwise, no you are not allowed to.

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 00:48

We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 00:53

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

Or sneak onto the equipment trailer.[/quote]

you mean the 18 wheeler that they use now...Ummm..NO!!!! That thing is crowded already...lol

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

you mean the 18 wheeler that they use now...Ummm..NO!!!! That thing is crowded already...lol[/quote]

yeah but id set up the drumset or start using their acoustics[/quote]

ok you have fun with the drums. I'll take you up on that bus offer.

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 11:30

[quote="chelska"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

you mean the 18 wheeler that they use now...Ummm..NO!!!! That thing is crowded already...lol[/quote]

ok you have fun with the drums. I'll take you up on that bus offer.[/quote]

hehehehehehehehehe....yeah..he can have the steaming hot 18 wheeler and we'll have the air conditioned bus..with a kitchen and good food!!!!

[quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

Ah, hell...this sounds better than dumping my $$$$ into some stock portfolio or 401 K...

Let me know where to send the shinedown funds!!!!!

;)

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 14:43

[quote="mollie"][quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

Ah, hell...this sounds better than dumping my $$$$ into some stock portfolio or 401 K...

;)[/quote]

Hahahahaha!!!!! You can send it to....

MY HOUSE...LOL j/k :lol: :lol:

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/08/2008 - 14:48

[quote="missnurse"]my husband has his CDL he can be the bus driver, I muse say on a side note, that this album seems to be very personal and open. Not what I expected from them, I am very impressed with this album, can't wait to see them in sept in dayton, oh[/quote]

Sweet we have a bus drive now we just need a bus...LOL I agree with you on the album!!!!

One of my relations thru marriage knows the man who owns the company, just outside eugene, who makes the "rock star" buses.

Wonder if he could, ya know, donate to the cause.... ;)

[quote="mollie"]One of my relations thru marriage knows the man who owns the company, just outside eugene, who makes the "rock star" buses.

Wonder if he could, ya know, donate to the cause.... ;)[/quote]

That would be amazing if we got a bus donated. Man I wish I was rich.

synneraboveall

Sun, 08/10/2008 - 23:16

[quote="chelska"][quote="mollie"]One of my relations thru marriage knows the man who owns the company, just outside eugene, who makes the "rock star" buses.

That would be amazing if we got a bus donated. Man I wish I was rich.[/quote]

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I missed it along the way... Who is this song about?

comments

[quote="chelska"][quote="mollie"]One of my relations thru marriage knows the man who owns the company, just outside eugene, who makes the "rock star" buses.

That would be amazing if we got a bus donated. Man I wish I was rich.[/quote]

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote="mollie"]One of my relations thru marriage knows the man who owns the company, just outside eugene, who makes the "rock star" buses.

That would be amazing if we got a bus donated. Man I wish I was rich.

One of my relations thru marriage knows the man who owns the company, just outside eugene, who makes the "rock star" buses.

Wonder if he could, ya know, donate to the cause.... ;)

[quote="missnurse"]my husband has his CDL he can be the bus driver, I muse say on a side note, that this album seems to be very personal and open. Not what I expected from them, I am very impressed with this album, can't wait to see them in sept in dayton, oh[/quote]

Sweet we have a bus drive now we just need a bus...LOL I agree with you on the album!!!!

[quote="mollie"][quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

;)[/quote]

Hahahahaha!!!!! You can send it to....

MY HOUSE...LOL j/k :lol: :lol:

[quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

;)

[quote="chelska"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

ok you have fun with the drums. I'll take you up on that bus offer.[/quote]

hehehehehehehehehe....yeah..he can have the steaming hot 18 wheeler and we'll have the air conditioned bus..with a kitchen and good food!!!!

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

ok you have fun with the drums. I'll take you up on that bus offer.

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"]We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol[/quote]

you mean the 18 wheeler that they use now...Ummm..NO!!!! That thing is crowded already...lol

We should just all pitch in together and buy a bus for ourselves and travel behind them...lol

[quote="synneraboveall"]Hehehehehe...OMFG...you know what the thought actually went through my head when I read your comment. I should ask the guys if they would let me tour with them for awhile and write a book about their life on the road..that would be so much fun!!!![/quote]

You are only allowed to go if I come too. Otherwise, no you are not allowed to.

[quote]there are a few songs on the album about jasin[/quote]

Probably a dumb (or unanswerable) questionable, but what songs are about Jasin? Cuz the only two I thought worked well with his situation was Cry for Help and What A Shame (but I knew it was about his uncle). The only other two I might make a case for are Breaking Inside and...Call Me? Other than that I can't see any other song on the CD being about Jasin.

Hehehehehe...OMFG...you know what the thought actually went through my head when I read your comment. I should ask the guys if they would let me tour with them for awhile and write a book about their life on the road..that would be so much fun!!!!

I get the credit about the idea of the book.

But honestly. It might be kind of fun to write a book. For real.

And will do my part in promoting it to everyone I ever talk to and the way I jabber, it will be toooooooooo many to count!

[quote="chelska"]Lisa you could write a book about Shinedown. When you do I would like to help. I'll do photos![/quote]
[quote="raymond"]I'll write the forward....or give you a quote for the back - no - BOTH! Yes. :lol:[/quote]

I'll do my part.....

I will read it! :lol:

Lisa you could write a book about Shinedown. When you do I would like to help. I'll do photos!

there are a few songs on the album about jasin...but last time I talked to Brent What A Shame was about his uncle that died while recording the album.

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Weird I always figured it was about Jasin.[/quote]

i thought 'cry for help' was about jasin.
don't know for sure but it does describe where he was at...

i'd been wondering who 'what a shame' is about, now i know :)

At the knoxville show, Brent described it a eulogy to his deceased uncle.

Thanks!!

brent's uncle