what people think of shinedown

• what people think of shinedown
    jacob_p3tr3y

I love shinedown and have for 3 years, and i have a few of their shirts then when i wear them to school people are like who is shinedown lol. Then they might hear like 1 song... and just not get what shinedown is about.. then they say they suck even though they dont. They just dont know what they are talking about. lol people listening to screamo bands and nobody bands are just hilarious though...

Submitted by jacob_p3tr3y on
Forum category
Is pro
No

People are gonna say stuff like that no matter what, or who the band is.
They are the ones missing out on all of the awesome music, but to each their own.
As long as you like it, doesn't matter what anyone else says.

hollydoll

Fri, 06/27/2008 - 11:13

I think alot of people have been "dumbed down" musically because of the crap that is on television and radio. They wouldn't know good music if it bit them on the ass.

hardygirl2xv1

Fri, 06/27/2008 - 13:52

I've actually converted a bunch of my friends into Shinedown fans. I've loved them since the first time I saw them play, when they opened for 3 Doors Down in... January 2004 I think it was. I remember hearing the ads on the radio and thinking 'who the crap is that?' and then I heard .45 on the radio and had to STOP what I was doing to listen to that voice.

Anyways... I digress. After I bought LAW I played it constantly and my friends that came over had no choice but to listen. LOL When U&T came out, my best friend was there with me buying it. And thanks to me, the guys now have a pretty big following on a few websites I frequent. After people actually hear the music, I've never had anyone say 'that sucks.' Even one kid who doesn't care for southern rock said 'if I had to listen to that kind of rock, its pretty good.'

Kimichelee

Fri, 06/27/2008 - 23:28

"....same crap for [b]10 years[/b]."

listen to a band called 10 years.
i recommend shinedown fans.

dantheman_5137

Fri, 06/27/2008 - 23:43

I saw Shinedown and Seether a few years back in Atlanta. I really went to see Seether to be honest. I was at a low point in my life and did all I could to numb the pain (no explanation needed.) I was mesmerized by Shinedown live and became a serious fan and paid very close attention to Brent's words. There was a lot of pain, frustration and anger I could relate to and it helped me get through a very rough time in my life. Now with the new album all I do is "Sin With a Grin!"

If you have never seen them live get off your ass and go. If you have but have not seen the new lineup you are in for a treat. It is different, a little more polished but it is intense. And Nick is ridiculously talented. It is scary!

synneraboveall

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 00:25

I had a friend today tell that Shinedown's new album was not as heavy as LAW...I was like...are you kidding me..it's heavier...how can this one not be heavier..but I told him whateva....you so need to see them live. He said he was gonna...so that's ok with me...lol

better_version6287

Wed, 07/02/2008 - 12:37

How the hell can people say Shinedown is "poppy"? Brent probably has more talent than any of the mainstream emo/scremo "bands" combined. Shinedown is definately much better than any band out there I have came across. They are real and very down to earth people. They can take over any crowd, regardless the size of the crowd. If someone I come across does not like Shinedown, then they have their opinion..... HOWEVER, they are missing out on some good kick ass rock and roll.

I wore my Shinedown fanclub shirt to Cruefest yesterday. Some random chick walked past and was like yea Shinedown! I was like, wow, someone knows who they are, haha

shinersweetie_4300

Thu, 07/03/2008 - 01:15

agreed with everyone!! shinedown is one of the best bands ever!! they are nice down to earth guys who rock your pants off and make you think at the same time. i have been in love with them since simple man off of LAW in 2003.

Shinedown is one of my favorite bands if not THE favorite..This new album has really blown me away. I have always always been a big fan of the band Collective Soul mainly because of the vocals of Ed Roland, but they seem to be trending to more poppy stuff. I have to have my Rock and Roll. I mean gimme some electric guitar and dont dare pull out a damn fiddle.

The vocals is what does it for me in a band and Brent has really got some. He just has one of those voices that you can not mistake for any other.

Keep up the good work guys..Rock On!!!!!

xXDivineDemonXx

Thu, 07/03/2008 - 23:37

[quote="kimberlee"]"....same crap for [b]10 years[/b]."

i recommend shinedown fans.[/quote]
i need there new cd on the note of teh topic i know too many ppl who have never heard of shinedown and i just feel like slapping them across the face

AntiSocial Pap…

Fri, 07/04/2008 - 02:34

I actually liked Shinedown before I knew I was listening to a new band. Lol. Not a lot of bands surface up here on the radio, so when Fly came out, I figured maybe somebody'd released a CD or something. I knew right away it was new. So I asked my older brother, 'cause older brothers know everything, and he guessed it was Perfect Circle.

So I went about my life digging Fly every time it came on the radio. But when .45 came out, that was 2 new songs in... a couple months of each other... 2 songs that don't fit the signature of any other band this particular radio station plays. Something was up.

The DJ said the band was SD, so I Wal-Marted them, and figured I ought to hear some of their other songs before I buy the album. The first song I clicked on was Fly and I about crapped my pants. My two favorite songs were by the same band!

My parents bought me LAW as a birthday present... I turned either 11 or 12, I can't remember. Wait... got my cat on my 12th birthday, so yeah, my 11th birthday. I've been addicted every since. I've got a few friends into them, some moderately, and others more than me (if that's possible lol).

It still kinda bothers me that kids my age have no appreciation (did I spell that wrong?) for musical talent, though. Especially when they're listening to bands whose lead singers, well... can't sing, and whose drummers couldn't carry a beat if you gave them a bucket, and whose guitarists are missing a few digits. And that's if the 'band' plays any instruments at all.

Eep, that's a long post. :o

AntiSocial Pap…

Fri, 07/04/2008 - 02:37

So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)

genocide_junkie

Fri, 07/04/2008 - 03:40

[quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Time to drive around with the windows down and Shinedown on full fucking blast. Everyone has to do their part. :P

xXDivineDemonXx

Fri, 07/04/2008 - 13:34

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Time to drive around with the windows down and Shinedown on full fucking blast. Everyone has to do their part. :P[/quote]

Thats the only way to drive right there.[/quote]
sound like a plan

synneraboveall

Sat, 07/05/2008 - 01:03

Really I don't care what other people think of Shinedown..I know I love them and that's all that really matters to me...if I can convert someone to liking them all the better...lol

synneraboveall

Sun, 07/06/2008 - 12:43

Yeah, it makes me mad when someone disses them but I can't change someones opinion so...oh well!!!!

AntiSocial Pap…

Sun, 07/06/2008 - 16:42

[quote="kalthax"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Time to drive around with the windows down and Shinedown on full fucking blast. Everyone has to do their part. :P[/quote]

sound like a plan[/quote]

Does that mean we're gonna get together and buy me a stereo for my car? :D

xXDivineDemonXx

Sun, 07/06/2008 - 17:29

[quote="snickers"][quote="kalthax"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Does that mean we're gonna get together and buy me a stereo for my car? :D[/quote]
Nope :D it means were gonna take our cars blast the music while you pay for your own stereo sorry buddy

JeffTaormina

Sun, 07/06/2008 - 21:42

[quote="schlagdog"]You got it! 20 years sounds about right to me. They have no reference to any actual good rock...[/quote]
I'm an old timer in my 40's so I know all the "BIG' Bands from back in the day. I mean I grew up on Aerosmith, Led Zep,and Van Halen.
and I can tell you this Shinedown can hold their own with any of those bands. (And that's my fav 3 bands, add Shinedown and Judas Preist and you got my top five bands of all time)
That my friends is how talented I feel this band is!

synneraboveall

Tue, 07/08/2008 - 03:02

[quote="kalthax"][quote="snickers"][quote="kalthax"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Does that mean we're gonna get together and buy me a stereo for my car? :D[/quote]
Nope :D it means were gonna take our cars blast the music while you pay for your own stereo sorry buddy[/quote]

Awwww...what a soul crusher...LOL!!!!!!

xXDivineDemonXx

Tue, 07/08/2008 - 09:39

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="kalthax"][quote="snickers"][quote="kalthax"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Nope :D it means were gonna take our cars blast the music while you pay for your own stereo sorry buddy[/quote]

Awwww...what a soul crusher...LOL!!!!!![/quote]
I'm sorry but I had to do it, sort of

synneraboveall

Wed, 07/09/2008 - 01:11

^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..it was funny though!!!!

I get what your saying.
I tell people my favorite band is Shinedown and they pretty much get a confused look on their face and ask who they are.
It's sad alot of people don't know about them.
They are amazing.

My mom likes Shinedown. A lot of people listen to crappy music these days. But in a way I'm sort of glad a ton of people don't like Shinedown or haven't heard of them or whatever.

I love shinedown and have for 3 years, and i have a few of their shirts then when i wear them to school people are like who is shinedown lol. Then they might hear like 1 song... and just not get what shinedown is about.. then they say they suck even though they dont. They just dont know what they are talking about. lol people listening to screamo bands and nobody bands are just hilarious though...

comments

My mom likes Shinedown. A lot of people listen to crappy music these days. But in a way I'm sort of glad a ton of people don't like Shinedown or haven't heard of them or whatever.

I get what your saying.
I tell people my favorite band is Shinedown and they pretty much get a confused look on their face and ask who they are.
It's sad alot of people don't know about them.
They are amazing.

^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..it was funny though!!!!

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="kalthax"][quote="snickers"][quote="kalthax"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Awwww...what a soul crusher...LOL!!!!!![/quote]
I'm sorry but I had to do it, sort of

[quote="kalthax"][quote="snickers"][quote="kalthax"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Awwww...what a soul crusher...LOL!!!!!!

[quote="schlagdog"]You got it! 20 years sounds about right to me. They have no reference to any actual good rock...[/quote]
I'm an old timer in my 40's so I know all the "BIG' Bands from back in the day. I mean I grew up on Aerosmith, Led Zep,and Van Halen.
and I can tell you this Shinedown can hold their own with any of those bands. (And that's my fav 3 bands, add Shinedown and Judas Preist and you got my top five bands of all time)
That my friends is how talented I feel this band is!

[quote="snickers"][quote="kalthax"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Nope :D it means were gonna take our cars blast the music while you pay for your own stereo sorry buddy

[quote="kalthax"][quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Does that mean we're gonna get together and buy me a stereo for my car? :D

Yeah, it makes me mad when someone disses them but I can't change someones opinion so...oh well!!!!

Really I don't care what other people think of Shinedown..I know I love them and that's all that really matters to me...if I can convert someone to liking them all the better...lol

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="genocide_junkie"][quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

sound like a plan

[quote="snickers"]So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)[/quote]

Time to drive around with the windows down and Shinedown on full fucking blast. Everyone has to do their part. :P

So yeah, Shinedown's not super-well known in Post Falls, Idaho... but some people've heard of them. Usually not, but some. :)

I actually liked Shinedown before I knew I was listening to a new band. Lol. Not a lot of bands surface up here on the radio, so when Fly came out, I figured maybe somebody'd released a CD or something. I knew right away it was new. So I asked my older brother, 'cause older brothers know everything, and he guessed it was Perfect Circle.

So I went about my life digging Fly every time it came on the radio. But when .45 came out, that was 2 new songs in... a couple months of each other... 2 songs that don't fit the signature of any other band this particular radio station plays. Something was up.

The DJ said the band was SD, so I Wal-Marted them, and figured I ought to hear some of their other songs before I buy the album. The first song I clicked on was Fly and I about crapped my pants. My two favorite songs were by the same band!

My parents bought me LAW as a birthday present... I turned either 11 or 12, I can't remember. Wait... got my cat on my 12th birthday, so yeah, my 11th birthday. I've been addicted every since. I've got a few friends into them, some moderately, and others more than me (if that's possible lol).

It still kinda bothers me that kids my age have no appreciation (did I spell that wrong?) for musical talent, though. Especially when they're listening to bands whose lead singers, well... can't sing, and whose drummers couldn't carry a beat if you gave them a bucket, and whose guitarists are missing a few digits. And that's if the 'band' plays any instruments at all.

Eep, that's a long post. :o

[quote="kimberlee"]"....same crap for [b]10 years[/b]."

i recommend shinedown fans.[/quote]
i need there new cd on the note of teh topic i know too many ppl who have never heard of shinedown and i just feel like slapping them across the face

Shinedown is one of my favorite bands if not THE favorite..This new album has really blown me away. I have always always been a big fan of the band Collective Soul mainly because of the vocals of Ed Roland, but they seem to be trending to more poppy stuff. I have to have my Rock and Roll. I mean gimme some electric guitar and dont dare pull out a damn fiddle.

The vocals is what does it for me in a band and Brent has really got some. He just has one of those voices that you can not mistake for any other.

Keep up the good work guys..Rock On!!!!!

agreed with everyone!! shinedown is one of the best bands ever!! they are nice down to earth guys who rock your pants off and make you think at the same time. i have been in love with them since simple man off of LAW in 2003.

I wore my Shinedown fanclub shirt to Cruefest yesterday. Some random chick walked past and was like yea Shinedown! I was like, wow, someone knows who they are, haha

How the hell can people say Shinedown is "poppy"? Brent probably has more talent than any of the mainstream emo/scremo "bands" combined. Shinedown is definately much better than any band out there I have came across. They are real and very down to earth people. They can take over any crowd, regardless the size of the crowd. If someone I come across does not like Shinedown, then they have their opinion..... HOWEVER, they are missing out on some good kick ass rock and roll.

I had a friend today tell that Shinedown's new album was not as heavy as LAW...I was like...are you kidding me..it's heavier...how can this one not be heavier..but I told him whateva....you so need to see them live. He said he was gonna...so that's ok with me...lol

Helped save me...no pun intended

I saw Shinedown and Seether a few years back in Atlanta. I really went to see Seether to be honest. I was at a low point in my life and did all I could to numb the pain (no explanation needed.) I was mesmerized by Shinedown live and became a serious fan and paid very close attention to Brent's words. There was a lot of pain, frustration and anger I could relate to and it helped me get through a very rough time in my life. Now with the new album all I do is "Sin With a Grin!"

If you have never seen them live get off your ass and go. If you have but have not seen the new lineup you are in for a treat. It is different, a little more polished but it is intense. And Nick is ridiculously talented. It is scary!

"....same crap for [b]10 years[/b]."

i recommend shinedown fans.

I've actually converted a bunch of my friends into Shinedown fans. I've loved them since the first time I saw them play, when they opened for 3 Doors Down in... January 2004 I think it was. I remember hearing the ads on the radio and thinking 'who the crap is that?' and then I heard .45 on the radio and had to STOP what I was doing to listen to that voice.

Anyways... I digress. After I bought LAW I played it constantly and my friends that came over had no choice but to listen. LOL When U&T came out, my best friend was there with me buying it. And thanks to me, the guys now have a pretty big following on a few websites I frequent. After people actually hear the music, I've never had anyone say 'that sucks.' Even one kid who doesn't care for southern rock said 'if I had to listen to that kind of rock, its pretty good.'

I think alot of people have been "dumbed down" musically because of the crap that is on television and radio. They wouldn't know good music if it bit them on the ass.

People are gonna say stuff like that no matter what, or who the band is.
They are the ones missing out on all of the awesome music, but to each their own.
As long as you like it, doesn't matter what anyone else says.