What do you think will happen?

• What do you think will happen?
    Well I Got A Candle.

a friend of mine(bestfriend) for almost 10 years, me and him are slowly falling apart for the stupidest reason. Drugs..

Basically my friend is really smart, hes got like a 3.7 GPA out of 4.0. Throughout high school, me and him have basically not done anything, i mean we didnt go to the partys that the kids had, because to be honest we dont like those people. But now in our senior year he is basically just changing, he is now just a fucking prick, and is not fun to be around, he always puts me down for not doing drugs and drinking, and he calls me a pussy.

He hangs out with the hardcore drug addicts, who do DXM, and just get fucked up everyday and are high pretty much all day long. He ignores me in school around his new friends, like hes embarrassed of me, hes changing his music tastes, when he used to hate what he is listening to now. He thinks he isnt a druggie because he doesnt buy drugs he just does them, and i dont care if people do drugs, but he is like getting drunk and high before school, and he is doing it on the weekends and driving his brand new car home drunk, already fucked up 2 rims from hitting the curbs. I cant tell him not to, because then he says the "oo sorry im not a druggie,and your just mad you have no friends" blah blah blah..
    anyways what should i do?
    I didnt want to conform to make friends, i have reasons why i dont want to do it.

Submitted by Well I Got A Candle. on
Forum category
Is pro
No

JeffTaormina

Wed, 10/22/2008 - 22:46

It looks like you have tried.
If he wants to throw his life away there is nothing you can do.
Don't let him make you throw your's away.

Life is a gift but what makes it special is what you do with it.
Dreams are easy to slip away when your high.

Keep your nose clean and look out for number one!

I know it's hard to watch a friend self destruct but if that person won't help themselves there is nothing you can do to help and it is very easy to get sucked in and fall with them.

Becarful remember some people need to hit bottom before they see the light.

[color=darkblue][b][size=18]"Sometimes goodbye is a second chance"[/size][/b][/color]

john45_3685

Wed, 10/22/2008 - 22:51

im also a senior in high school, and this has happened to me as well. all i can say is dont give in and do what he is doing... please just trust me on that. it will be the worst thing you ever do. you cannot controll him, only yourself. he is going to do what he wants to do, and hopefull he will soon see how stupid he is being. it sucks to loose a friend, but some people just dont get it.

sorry if that sound like im preaching.

JeffTaormina

Thu, 10/23/2008 - 06:49

[quote="john45"] it sucks to loose a friend.[/quote]

It sucks more to loose yourself!

Nicely put John45

I must say I am impressed with john and welligotacandle (and jaster, too) for their care and insight to what is going on with their friends.

It is tough, but the road they have chosen is theirs alone. Take care of yourselves, treat yourself with the respect you deserve so that when your friends need you, you can be there. And they will need you.

Take care and be good to yourself!

Well I Got A Candle.

Fri, 10/24/2008 - 21:09

thanks for the help guys..
i really appreciate it, its hard my senior year is so tough its not what my other years in school are.

:\

a friend of mine(bestfriend) for almost 10 years, me and him are slowly falling apart for the stupidest reason. Drugs..

Basically my friend is really smart, hes got like a 3.7 GPA out of 4.0. Throughout high school, me and him have basically not done anything, i mean we didnt go to the partys that the kids had, because to be honest we dont like those people. But now in our senior year he is basically just changing, he is now just a fucking prick, and is not fun to be around, he always puts me down for not doing drugs and drinking, and he calls me a pussy.

He hangs out with the hardcore drug addicts, who do DXM, and just get fucked up everyday and are high pretty much all day long. He ignores me in school around his new friends, like hes embarrassed of me, hes changing his music tastes, when he used to hate what he is listening to now. He thinks he isnt a druggie because he doesnt buy drugs he just does them, and i dont care if people do drugs, but he is like getting drunk and high before school, and he is doing it on the weekends and driving his brand new car home drunk, already fucked up 2 rims from hitting the curbs. I cant tell him not to, because then he says the "oo sorry im not a druggie,and your just mad you have no friends" blah blah blah..
anyways what should i do?
I didnt want to conform to make friends, i have reasons why i dont want to do it.

comments

thanks for the help guys..
i really appreciate it, its hard my senior year is so tough its not what my other years in school are.

:\

I must say I am impressed with john and welligotacandle (and jaster, too) for their care and insight to what is going on with their friends.

It is tough, but the road they have chosen is theirs alone. Take care of yourselves, treat yourself with the respect you deserve so that when your friends need you, you can be there. And they will need you.

Take care and be good to yourself!

[quote="john45"] it sucks to loose a friend.[/quote]

It sucks more to loose yourself!

Nicely put John45

im also a senior in high school, and this has happened to me as well. all i can say is dont give in and do what he is doing... please just trust me on that. it will be the worst thing you ever do. you cannot controll him, only yourself. he is going to do what he wants to do, and hopefull he will soon see how stupid he is being. it sucks to loose a friend, but some people just dont get it.

sorry if that sound like im preaching.

It looks like you have tried.
If he wants to throw his life away there is nothing you can do.
Don't let him make you throw your's away.

Life is a gift but what makes it special is what you do with it.
Dreams are easy to slip away when your high.

Keep your nose clean and look out for number one!

I know it's hard to watch a friend self destruct but if that person won't help themselves there is nothing you can do to help and it is very easy to get sucked in and fall with them.

Becarful remember some people need to hit bottom before they see the light.

[color=darkblue][b][size=18]"Sometimes goodbye is a second chance"[/size][/b][/color]