Westbury Acoustic Show

• Westbury Acoustic Show
    wyckdstorm

Just got home a lil bit ago from seeing one of the single most amazing shows ever. The whole storytellers vibe mixed with the their version of an unplugged set was beyond anything I ever experience. this is my 5th time seeing Shinedown and each time it's like the first time. I can hear the same songs over and over again, and with each show it's like a brand new song with new arrangements.

But tonight was incredible. With Brent speaking to us and sharing his stories behind the songs and his life it made it that much more intimate. The guy from the radio station had it right, their music touches our hearts and minds, and tonight talking to us they touched our souls. I didn't mean to cry when he sang his song for his son, but I couldn't help but think of the child I lost and would never hold. And when he sang the Crow and Butterfly, about a mother that has lost her child and has to move forward, it brought it full circle for me.

I will never listen to these songs in the same way again, knowing what was shared tonight, these songs will take on new meaning for me, and will forever be a part of me, thank you Shinedown, see you soon.

Submitted by wyckdstorm on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Just got home a lil bit ago from seeing one of the single most amazing shows ever. The whole storytellers vibe mixed with the their version of an unplugged set was beyond anything I ever experience. this is my 5th time seeing Shinedown and each time it's like the first time. I can hear the same songs over and over again, and with each show it's like a brand new song with new arrangements.

But tonight was incredible. With Brent speaking to us and sharing his stories behind the songs and his life it made it that much more intimate. The guy from the radio station had it right, their music touches our hearts and minds, and tonight talking to us they touched our souls. I didn't mean to cry when he sang his song for his son, but I couldn't help but think of the child I lost and would never hold. And when he sang the Crow and Butterfly, about a mother that has lost her child and has to move forward, it brought it full circle for me.

I will never listen to these songs in the same way again, knowing what was shared tonight, these songs will take on new meaning for me, and will forever be a part of me, thank you Shinedown, see you soon.

comments