Went for an MRI today....

• Went for an MRI today....
    aywilson

And holy shit! I never knew that I was clausterphobic. I laid down on the table, she gave me headphones to listen to music, then she snapped this freaking thing around my head! :shock: Now, I'm being slid into the tunnel and my face is inches from the walls. I can't breathe, I'm sweating and I have got to get the Hell out of there. I pressed my panic button and that was it. Over, done.

I have rescheduled for an Open MRI for Saturday, it has a much larger area. She said I would be better off in that one. Wish me luck.

Submitted by aywilson on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Fiery Halo

Thu, 09/18/2008 - 18:18

Just a heads up . I did the open MRI a few years ago and I still felt trapped..

Ah, man, A, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through with that. *hug* I think I would have done the same.

Best of luck on Saturday for the open MRI.

[quote="fiery_halo"]Just a heads up . I did the open MRI a few years ago and I still felt trapped..[/quote]

Oh, shit! Where are my valium? :lol:

[quote="mollie"]Ah, man, A, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through with that. *hug* I think I would have done the same.

Best of luck on Saturday for the open MRI.[/quote]

Thank you, love.

[quote="jacksoncharvelshredder"][quote="mollie"]Ah, man, A, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through with that. *hug* I think I would have done the same.

Thank you, love.[/quote]

You are so welcome!!!!

[b]Oh, shit! Where are my valium? [/b]

I hope you find 'em....or at least have a few shots of jager or southern comfort!!!

synneraboveall

Sat, 09/20/2008 - 01:30

I hate MRI's...even open ones suck. Guess they think everyone is the size of a tooth pick!!!!!

JeffTaormina

Sat, 09/20/2008 - 08:24

[quote="synneraboveall"]I hate MRI's...even open ones suck. Guess they think everyone is the size of a tooth pick!!!!![/quote]

I don't mind MRI's so much. I'm not a tooth pick (Ex powerlifter)
Getting in to tight spaces is part of my job and you just get used to it after awhile. Don't laugh I think of Disney World or I just sing funny songs when we get bogged down. I remember we were stuck on the second floor of a factory fire trying to fight it out me and one of my buddies on the hose line. I kept singing "OHH OOH Mikey smells like poo ther's nothing he can do. Mikey smells like poopie doopie do it's true!"

Well we got a hold of the fire and got out.
Later that day Mike comes to me and says if it wasn't for my song he would have freaked out.
I think my singing was soooo bad he wanted to get the freak out of there so I would shut up LOL :wink: :lol:

It's all in the mind jacksoncharvelshredder you will be fine.
You can sing Jaster smells like poo! (It's not true but you can if it makes you feel better :wink: :P )

Best of luck today, my A and I think Jaster has the best idea ever...sing away and all will be grand.

Btw, I think everyone here is pretty damn amazing...the positive thoughts, well wishes, the teasing and such.

*hug*

Well, I made it through. The open MRI was actually a huge tube. There were at least 12 inches of space between the top of the tube and my face. No problems, at all. Thank you all for the well wishes.

Fiery Halo

Sat, 09/20/2008 - 17:14

When I had mine it felt like there was only 3 inches between my face and the top of the thing .. Glad you made it thru ok.. :D

JeffTaormina

Sat, 09/20/2008 - 23:19

[quote="jacksoncharvelshredder"]Well, I made it through. The open MRI was actually a huge tube. There were at least 12 inches of space between the top of the tube and my face. No problems, at all. Thank you all for the well wishes.[/quote]

:lol: Way to go!!

And holy shit! I never knew that I was clausterphobic. I laid down on the table, she gave me headphones to listen to music, then she snapped this freaking thing around my head! :shock: Now, I'm being slid into the tunnel and my face is inches from the walls. I can't breathe, I'm sweating and I have got to get the Hell out of there. I pressed my panic button and that was it. Over, done.

I have rescheduled for an Open MRI for Saturday, it has a much larger area. She said I would be better off in that one. Wish me luck.

comments

[quote="jacksoncharvelshredder"]Well, I made it through. The open MRI was actually a huge tube. There were at least 12 inches of space between the top of the tube and my face. No problems, at all. Thank you all for the well wishes.[/quote]

:lol: Way to go!!

When I had mine it felt like there was only 3 inches between my face and the top of the thing .. Glad you made it thru ok.. :D

Well, I made it through. The open MRI was actually a huge tube. There were at least 12 inches of space between the top of the tube and my face. No problems, at all. Thank you all for the well wishes.

Best of luck today, my A and I think Jaster has the best idea ever...sing away and all will be grand.

Btw, I think everyone here is pretty damn amazing...the positive thoughts, well wishes, the teasing and such.

*hug*

[quote="synneraboveall"]I hate MRI's...even open ones suck. Guess they think everyone is the size of a tooth pick!!!!![/quote]

I don't mind MRI's so much. I'm not a tooth pick (Ex powerlifter)
Getting in to tight spaces is part of my job and you just get used to it after awhile. Don't laugh I think of Disney World or I just sing funny songs when we get bogged down. I remember we were stuck on the second floor of a factory fire trying to fight it out me and one of my buddies on the hose line. I kept singing "OHH OOH Mikey smells like poo ther's nothing he can do. Mikey smells like poopie doopie do it's true!"

Well we got a hold of the fire and got out.
Later that day Mike comes to me and says if it wasn't for my song he would have freaked out.
I think my singing was soooo bad he wanted to get the freak out of there so I would shut up LOL :wink: :lol:

It's all in the mind jacksoncharvelshredder you will be fine.
You can sing Jaster smells like poo! (It's not true but you can if it makes you feel better :wink: :P )

I hate MRI's...even open ones suck. Guess they think everyone is the size of a tooth pick!!!!!

[quote="jacksoncharvelshredder"][quote="mollie"]Ah, man, A, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through with that. *hug* I think I would have done the same.

Thank you, love.[/quote]

You are so welcome!!!!

[b]Oh, shit! Where are my valium? [/b]

I hope you find 'em....or at least have a few shots of jager or southern comfort!!!

[quote="mollie"]Ah, man, A, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through with that. *hug* I think I would have done the same.

Thank you, love.

[quote="fiery_halo"]Just a heads up . I did the open MRI a few years ago and I still felt trapped..[/quote]

Oh, shit! Where are my valium? :lol:

Ah, man, A, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through with that. *hug* I think I would have done the same.

Best of luck on Saturday for the open MRI.

Just a heads up . I did the open MRI a few years ago and I still felt trapped..