Wedding Chaos!

• Wedding Chaos!
    shinedowngrl89

Ok, so I'm getting married on May 4th, 2013. I really want my first dance with my husband to be "I'll Follow You". However, though he enjoys SD, he's not as big a fan as I am, and doesnt want to dance to that song. He's fine with it being on the playlist, but he'd rather that not be our wedding song. Anyone here have any idea's on what we could dance to? He hates Nickelback, so my other song idea, "Never gonna be alone" is out of the question. Lifehouse's "You and Me" is a little over done, so I want to avoid that at all costs (I dont even want it playing at the wedding). Idea's would be helpful!

Submitted by shinedowngrl89 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

It's a tough call. I'll admit that my husband and I decided to go really classic with Etta James' At Last. However, we went back and forth with the same issues. He actually even wanted Simple Man (by Lynyrd Skynyrd as the SD version wasn't even out yet) to be the dance with his mom, but she wanted some crappy song that made no sense.

What we did was just listen to the radio or tv all the time until we found one that we both liked. I think we were actually watching Pleasantville when the song came on and went hmm that's really nice and classic. Keep in mind that you still have over 6 months to decide and just try to keep it an open mind so that if there's one that you like, go with it. You don't know what will come out in the next 6 months even that might work best.

Sorry not to have any solid ideas, but good luck!!

shinedowngrl89

Thu, 10/04/2012 - 21:47

We arnt really fans of newer stuff, unless its a band we already like. And since we dont like the same bands, thats where our problem is coming from. We both agree that the newer stuff that is coming out, to us it all sounds the same, and we find it lacking. But thanks for the tip, I'll keep an ear out :)

Ok, so I'm getting married on May 4th, 2013. I really want my first dance with my husband to be "I'll Follow You". However, though he enjoys SD, he's not as big a fan as I am, and doesnt want to dance to that song. He's fine with it being on the playlist, but he'd rather that not be our wedding song. Anyone here have any idea's on what we could dance to? He hates Nickelback, so my other song idea, "Never gonna be alone" is out of the question. Lifehouse's "You and Me" is a little over done, so I want to avoid that at all costs (I dont even want it playing at the wedding). Idea's would be helpful!

comments

I think you should respect…

I think you should respect your husband's taste and taste in music and you can also share your favorite songs with him. https://gettingoverit.co

We arnt really fans of newer stuff, unless its a band we already like. And since we dont like the same bands, thats where our problem is coming from. We both agree that the newer stuff that is coming out, to us it all sounds the same, and we find it lacking. But thanks for the tip, I'll keep an ear out :)

It's a tough call. I'll admit that my husband and I decided to go really classic with Etta James' At Last. However, we went back and forth with the same issues. He actually even wanted Simple Man (by Lynyrd Skynyrd as the SD version wasn't even out yet) to be the dance with his mom, but she wanted some crappy song that made no sense.

What we did was just listen to the radio or tv all the time until we found one that we both liked. I think we were actually watching Pleasantville when the song came on and went hmm that's really nice and classic. Keep in mind that you still have over 6 months to decide and just try to keep it an open mind so that if there's one that you like, go with it. You don't know what will come out in the next 6 months even that might work best.

Sorry not to have any solid ideas, but good luck!!