Was it Brent.....

• Was it Brent.....
    lynn_d

.....or was it Doug Robb? There are two big NJ radio stations that play alot of Shinedown, they are WDHA 105.5 and WRAT 95.9. I sometimes go to their websites to see what songs they've recently played (they list the last 105 and 95 songs, respectively). On WRAT.COM, I was surprised to see Apocalyptica W/Brent Smith - Not Strong Enough. I'm wondering how they pulled this off (if it is in fact the version with Brent vs. the version with Doug Robb (sorry but this version hoobaSTINKS)). I haven't actually heard it being played, but it's been listed 3X since yesterday. Abby, if you see this post, can you let me know if you've heard it? I'm pretty sure you listen to the WRAT.....just not sure if it's just listing it with Brent, or if he is truly on the track they are playing???

Submitted by lynn_d on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Actually I tend to listen to WDHA, but recently, it's been more Sirius' Octane, which has only played the crappy version. I will try to check it out though and see if I can catch it.

I just heard it....It's Brent's version....I wonder how they pulled that off? It was so cool to finally hear it on the radio...I've been listening since I got home from work in the hopes they would play it again and they did...in the all request hour!!!!

Hehe, you have me listening to those stations trying to catch them. Glad to know at least one station knows good music. And while I've been going through both of their last played lists, I see Shinedown several times a day, usually diamond eyes. Also, WDHA has the boys on their top logo, which is super cool.

I actually did email Octane and asked them why they are playing the crappy version. I haven't heard a response yet, but if I get one, I'll definitely pass it on.

I got a reply from Carl Craft WRAT and he has the same sentiments as we all seem to have...the Brent version is just better!!! Here is Carl's reply:

Yeah, truedat

That's awesome. I have yet to get any replies. But that does make sense about the competing singles, but honestly, that's BS in my opinion.

AllAmericanDan1

Mon, 02/14/2011 - 20:02

[quote="lynn_d"]I got a reply from Carl Craft WRAT and he has the same sentiments as we all seem to have...the Brent version is just better!!! Here is Carl's reply:

Yeah, truedat

sdcomputers

Wed, 02/16/2011 - 20:53

Apocalyptica did put out a statement on there website
but I cant find it now

it said that they released the track as a single but as Brent had other singles
being released they decided to rerecord it and release it

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 02/18/2011 - 13:52

hmm interesting all very interesting. I've heard both versions Brents and the dude from Hoobastank and I definately feel Brent's version is waayyyyy better. My wife heard the difference the other day and said the same thing.

I haven't heard either on the terrestrial station, although diamond eyes is getting a ton of playing. However, the other morning, I turned on my car and I heard "not strong enough" on octane but it was BRENT!! Woo, so I didn't get a reply to my email, but I got to hear them play the REAL version. Nice way to start the day.

Heard Brent's version on WRIF Detroit last night (on our way home from Zach's solo show at 2:45 a.m.). It was absolutely his version, so looks like the radio stations are catching on! I haven't heard the Doug Robb version - sounds like I'm not missing much from what you guys are saying. :D

tessarakt

Mon, 03/07/2011 - 15:29

I heard the doug robb version the other day ...
I was all ...
:shock:

My husband was listening to the radio driving to work and the DJ was like, "we're going to be playing Apocalyptica's "Not Strong Enough" with Doug Robb. However, I recommend you go listen to their CD version. We can't play that one because of legal mumbo jumbo, however, I highly recommend you go check that version out." Haha, gotta love that.

PS every time we talk about it, I have to go and listen to it because it's such a good song!!!

FYI, Brent's version has been the #1 song on Octane for 3 weeks running, and I don't even HEAR the other version on any of the stations. The masses have spoken :)

It's about time. The more I think about it, it shouldn't matter if the person has a single being released or not. I think it would show the range that they can go and so forth. I understand not wanting to promote one song over the bands hits, but at the same time look at other frontmen, such as Corey Taylor who play in two bands, but also collaborate with others and release singles. He doesn't seem to have a problem and nobody over compares his "bands" singles to singles he makes with other artists.

.....or was it Doug Robb? There are two big NJ radio stations that play alot of Shinedown, they are WDHA 105.5 and WRAT 95.9. I sometimes go to their websites to see what songs they've recently played (they list the last 105 and 95 songs, respectively). On WRAT.COM, I was surprised to see Apocalyptica W/Brent Smith - Not Strong Enough. I'm wondering how they pulled this off (if it is in fact the version with Brent vs. the version with Doug Robb (sorry but this version hoobaSTINKS)). I haven't actually heard it being played, but it's been listed 3X since yesterday. Abby, if you see this post, can you let me know if you've heard it? I'm pretty sure you listen to the WRAT.....just not sure if it's just listing it with Brent, or if he is truly on the track they are playing???

comments

It's about time. The more I think about it, it shouldn't matter if the person has a single being released or not. I think it would show the range that they can go and so forth. I understand not wanting to promote one song over the bands hits, but at the same time look at other frontmen, such as Corey Taylor who play in two bands, but also collaborate with others and release singles. He doesn't seem to have a problem and nobody over compares his "bands" singles to singles he makes with other artists.

FYI, Brent's version has been the #1 song on Octane for 3 weeks running, and I don't even HEAR the other version on any of the stations. The masses have spoken :)

PS every time we talk about it, I have to go and listen to it because it's such a good song!!!

My husband was listening to the radio driving to work and the DJ was like, "we're going to be playing Apocalyptica's "Not Strong Enough" with Doug Robb. However, I recommend you go listen to their CD version. We can't play that one because of legal mumbo jumbo, however, I highly recommend you go check that version out." Haha, gotta love that.

I heard the doug robb version the other day ...
I was all ...
:shock:

Heard Brent's version on WRIF Detroit last night (on our way home from Zach's solo show at 2:45 a.m.). It was absolutely his version, so looks like the radio stations are catching on! I haven't heard the Doug Robb version - sounds like I'm not missing much from what you guys are saying. :D

I haven't heard either on the terrestrial station, although diamond eyes is getting a ton of playing. However, the other morning, I turned on my car and I heard "not strong enough" on octane but it was BRENT!! Woo, so I didn't get a reply to my email, but I got to hear them play the REAL version. Nice way to start the day.

hmm interesting all very interesting. I've heard both versions Brents and the dude from Hoobastank and I definately feel Brent's version is waayyyyy better. My wife heard the difference the other day and said the same thing.

Apocalyptica did put out a statement on there website
but I cant find it now

it said that they released the track as a single but as Brent had other singles
being released they decided to rerecord it and release it

[quote="lynn_d"]I got a reply from Carl Craft WRAT and he has the same sentiments as we all seem to have...the Brent version is just better!!! Here is Carl's reply:

Yeah, truedat

That's awesome. I have yet to get any replies. But that does make sense about the competing singles, but honestly, that's BS in my opinion.

I got a reply from Carl Craft WRAT and he has the same sentiments as we all seem to have...the Brent version is just better!!! Here is Carl's reply:

Yeah, truedat

Hehe, you have me listening to those stations trying to catch them. Glad to know at least one station knows good music. And while I've been going through both of their last played lists, I see Shinedown several times a day, usually diamond eyes. Also, WDHA has the boys on their top logo, which is super cool.

I actually did email Octane and asked them why they are playing the crappy version. I haven't heard a response yet, but if I get one, I'll definitely pass it on.

I just heard it....It's Brent's version....I wonder how they pulled that off? It was so cool to finally hear it on the radio...I've been listening since I got home from work in the hopes they would play it again and they did...in the all request hour!!!!

Actually I tend to listen to WDHA, but recently, it's been more Sirius' Octane, which has only played the crappy version. I will try to check it out though and see if I can catch it.