Uproar and Meet and Greets

• Uproar and Meet and Greets
    iandotsd

So we all know that Shinedown is awesome about offering Meet and Greets at shows. I have a bad feeling that we won't have the option for the Uproar tour since it is a festival.
    Any thoughts?

Dorothy

Submitted by iandotsd on
Forum category
Is pro
No

They may still offer meet n greets. They did with the Carnival of Madness tour. The only downside, you may miss the opening band. We missed 10 years, but all worth it!

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 06/07/2012 - 13:32

I agree they definitely still offered it during Carnival of Madness however included with the meet and greet was "early entry" when the M&G was over we had missed the opportunity to exercise the "early entry" but we had assigned seats so it was all good.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Did they meet people out by the buses after the COM shows? Tony, are you going to Uproar in Houston?

I know! I saw that and it is high!!! I'm afraid I won't get front row if I do the Meet and Greet.

I have to say that I'm pretty pissed about this whole thing is being handled. The fact that it's a festival doesn't really make that much of a difference, they've been doing meet and greets for any and all concerts that they headline. But this is the first one that I can remember that is not really being offered through SDN. And secondly, I was hoping that the M&G was going to be a bit different from the Avalanche Tour but it's all the same thing. I guess the actual items will be different as they'll say Uproar and not Avalanche, but I don't know if I will go for it again in one year, especially (as point 3) it's more than 2x the cost of the M&G for Avalanche. Really turned off by the whole idea.

On the plus...at the last M&G, Jake was so good about getting everything done so that the M&G people still got in before even the early entry people so you did get the best of both worlds. Especially if you are going to PNC in Holmdel as the front section is all seats.

Abby, totally agree with you...I'm not going for the meet n greet (after I saw the $325 price tag). When they did the last meet n greet at PNC (Carnival of Madness) it was outside so that people who didn't even purchase meet n greets were congregating around the 'fenced in area' and snapping pics -- but it looks like this meet n greet is more 'exclusive' seems to be backstage...etc. I've met them so many times...I'm going for the $15 early bird lawn ticket -- it's a killer band line-up!

secondchance78

Fri, 06/15/2012 - 15:03

Yeah no way im paying $325 for this meet and greet. They had $160 for fan club meet and greets on the Avalance Tour. I would pay that amount not $325.

rangersuk

Mon, 06/18/2012 - 08:57

The only reason I didn't go for the M&G is because all you knew about your seats is that you are in the first 15 rows. Not good enough for me, I want to be front row. (yeah I guess I'm spoiled!). I got my front row seat on the aisle so I'm happy, I've met them 3 times already!

Yeah, I bought VIP Pit because like you, I have to be in the front row, lol.
Anyone out there go to a show yet on the Uproar tour?
Is it possible at all to meet the guys by the buses after the concert or not since it is a festival? Normally, they are awesome about meeting people by the buses after a show.

I'm going to Uproar tomorrow 08/24 at PNC. I'm not sure about hanging by the buses after, its kinda hard at this venue, the buses park 'underground' somewhere behind the facility.

I hear that it is really hard at the venue that I am going to as well. Have a great time. Would love to hear about it.
Thanks!

rangersuk

Thu, 08/23/2012 - 14:06

I'll be there tomorrow as well, can't wait. My daughter got vip tickets with a backstage tour and she and her friend get to sit on the side of the stage for Shinedowns set. I'm going to take the backstage tour with her. She is also getting a signed drumhead from them. I didn't want to sit in the stage with her, I prefer my front row seat!!

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 08/26/2012 - 14:52

[quote="iandotsd"]Thanks for the heads up guys. Did they meet people out by the buses after the COM shows? Tony, are you going to Uproar in Houston?[/quote]

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while been really busy at work. But for the COM shows it was before the show that we did the M&G's. Sadly no I won't be able to go see them during Uproar work has me crazy busy and the shows are a little too far away from me to have enough time to get back.

I saw them in April down here in Corpus Christi they put on a hell of a show and my llittle bro in law got to meet the guys for the very first time he was so happy. Jake let me squeeze him in with my wife and I during our M&G.

Sorry you can't go Tony!
@rangersuk- That is really cool that they offer those additional things. Will you still be able to get to the front row if you're doing the backstage tour?

It's a shame the Shinedown VIP M&G was so pricey -I skipped it. I got an AWESOME M&G w/Adelitas Way at their bus for $15 - that included the new cd, a poster, chance to talk to the band and a group pic. Just saying....

It was a great show! Meet and Greet was too pricey for me. Didn't do the Adelitas M&G because I didn't want to miss Staind. I'm hopeful that both bands will tour in the winter and I will get to catch them again.

So we all know that Shinedown is awesome about offering Meet and Greets at shows. I have a bad feeling that we won't have the option for the Uproar tour since it is a festival.
Any thoughts?

Dorothy

comments

Uproar in Houston

It was a great show! Meet and Greet was too pricey for me. Didn't do the Adelitas M&G because I didn't want to miss Staind. I'm hopeful that both bands will tour in the winter and I will get to catch them again.

It's a shame the Shinedown VIP M&G was so pricey -I skipped it. I got an AWESOME M&G w/Adelitas Way at their bus for $15 - that included the new cd, a poster, chance to talk to the band and a group pic. Just saying....

Uproar

Sorry you can't go Tony!
@rangersuk- That is really cool that they offer those additional things. Will you still be able to get to the front row if you're doing the backstage tour?

Re: Thanks

[quote="iandotsd"]Thanks for the heads up guys. Did they meet people out by the buses after the COM shows? Tony, are you going to Uproar in Houston?[/quote]

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while been really busy at work. But for the COM shows it was before the show that we did the M&G's. Sadly no I won't be able to go see them during Uproar work has me crazy busy and the shows are a little too far away from me to have enough time to get back.

I saw them in April down here in Corpus Christi they put on a hell of a show and my llittle bro in law got to meet the guys for the very first time he was so happy. Jake let me squeeze him in with my wife and I during our M&G.

I'll be there tomorrow as well, can't wait. My daughter got vip tickets with a backstage tour and she and her friend get to sit on the side of the stage for Shinedowns set. I'm going to take the backstage tour with her. She is also getting a signed drumhead from them. I didn't want to sit in the stage with her, I prefer my front row seat!!

Buses

I hear that it is really hard at the venue that I am going to as well. Have a great time. Would love to hear about it.
Thanks!

I'm going to Uproar tomorrow 08/24 at PNC. I'm not sure about hanging by the buses after, its kinda hard at this venue, the buses park 'underground' somewhere behind the facility.

Meet and Greet

Yeah, I bought VIP Pit because like you, I have to be in the front row, lol.
Anyone out there go to a show yet on the Uproar tour?
Is it possible at all to meet the guys by the buses after the concert or not since it is a festival? Normally, they are awesome about meeting people by the buses after a show.

The only reason I didn't go for the M&G is because all you knew about your seats is that you are in the first 15 rows. Not good enough for me, I want to be front row. (yeah I guess I'm spoiled!). I got my front row seat on the aisle so I'm happy, I've met them 3 times already!

Yeah no way im paying $325 for this meet and greet. They had $160 for fan club meet and greets on the Avalance Tour. I would pay that amount not $325.

Abby, totally agree with you...I'm not going for the meet n greet (after I saw the $325 price tag). When they did the last meet n greet at PNC (Carnival of Madness) it was outside so that people who didn't even purchase meet n greets were congregating around the 'fenced in area' and snapping pics -- but it looks like this meet n greet is more 'exclusive' seems to be backstage...etc. I've met them so many times...I'm going for the $15 early bird lawn ticket -- it's a killer band line-up!

I have to say that I'm pretty pissed about this whole thing is being handled. The fact that it's a festival doesn't really make that much of a difference, they've been doing meet and greets for any and all concerts that they headline. But this is the first one that I can remember that is not really being offered through SDN. And secondly, I was hoping that the M&G was going to be a bit different from the Avalanche Tour but it's all the same thing. I guess the actual items will be different as they'll say Uproar and not Avalanche, but I don't know if I will go for it again in one year, especially (as point 3) it's more than 2x the cost of the M&G for Avalanche. Really turned off by the whole idea.

On the plus...at the last M&G, Jake was so good about getting everything done so that the M&G people still got in before even the early entry people so you did get the best of both worlds. Especially if you are going to PNC in Holmdel as the front section is all seats.

Uproar

I know! I saw that and it is high!!! I'm afraid I won't get front row if I do the Meet and Greet.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up guys. Did they meet people out by the buses after the COM shows? Tony, are you going to Uproar in Houston?

I agree they definitely still offered it during Carnival of Madness however included with the meet and greet was "early entry" when the M&G was over we had missed the opportunity to exercise the "early entry" but we had assigned seats so it was all good.

They may still offer meet n greets. They did with the Carnival of Madness tour. The only downside, you may miss the opening band. We missed 10 years, but all worth it!