Tell how you came to know about Shinedown

• Tell how you came to know about Shinedown
    luvmy3

Even though I only just joined SN and recently became a fan I have actually known about Shinedown since before Sound of Madness even came out. Reason being that I work for the largest entertainment shipping company in the world. By the time Sound of Madness hit the shelves about 10,000 copies had already passed through my hands two weeks prior. I'm just sorry I didn't think to listen to them sooner, like when Sound of Madness originally came out. But better late then never is better than nothing.

Submitted by luvmy3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/16/2010 - 10:39

well were glad to have you on board now. and wow that is pretty cool that 10,000 copies went right through your hand. you sound like you have an awesome job. :twisted:

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]well were glad to have you on board now. and wow that is pretty cool that 10,000 copies went right through your hand. you sound like you have an awesome job. :twisted:[/quote]

It pays my bills, but awsome eh... Not so much, though I do see my share of interesting and eyebrow raising material. Not to mention that whenever something big drops we are the ones to ship it out mainly, which pretty much means that just like the many many copies of Sound of Madness that I went through it's the same for anything else. I can get tedious and very boring, when you see the same thing over and over and over.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/16/2010 - 12:16

oh okay i see what you mean. well so long as it gets you through your life and pays your bills.

My story is pretty much summed up in the SD AA thread, and I totally agree. Better late than never!

I stumbled upon them completely by accident,

I was browsing itunes a few years back, and when checking out another band (I forget which one). Anyways, Shinedown were one of the linked bands, and after listening to Fly From The Inside and Left Out I was hooked.

I've been following Shinedown for 9 years. They opened for a show in Tampa when the originally scheduled band had to cancel at the last minute. No one knew who they were yet, but when the CD came out 6 months later, I remembered the name. Been a fan ever since.

Oops, there was a typo in there. Not nine years, but 7 years. November, 2002 was the first time I seen them.

Ooo. First and second post. Welcome, and hi!

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 04/24/2010 - 12:10

welcome to the nation.

Welcome to the nation!

Thanks for the welcome from all. And yes, I really am in PA now. I am from NJ though.

xshinedownfreakx

Sun, 05/02/2010 - 10:12

Wow that's awesome! Welcome to the Nation! (i know i'm a little late!)

I heard them back in '05. first song I heard was .45. Bought the album and been a huge fan since. Even more so past 2 1/2 years. Their music works wonders. Only a few rock bands can do this. Cant wait till they come to TX again.

Ooo, first post. Hi and welcome!

xshinedownfreakx

Mon, 05/03/2010 - 17:23

[quote="anmaro14"]I heard them back in '05. first song I heard was .45. Bought the album and been a huge fan since. Even more so past 2 1/2 years. Their music works wonders. Only a few rock bands can do this. Cant wait till they come to TX again.[/quote]My story is kinda like yours! I heard 45 and loved them ever since!

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/04/2010 - 15:17

[quote="anmaro14"]I heard them back in '05. first song I heard was .45. Bought the album and been a huge fan since. Even more so past 2 1/2 years. Their music works wonders. Only a few rock bands can do this. Cant wait till they come to TX again.[/quote]
sweet. i'm waiting for them to come back to texas too i want to go to the august show in dallas. welcome to the family.

I saw them back in March in Austin. I wish to go to Dallas but I think they may go to Houston also. Just waiting for the official word. Keep rockin'!

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 05/04/2010 - 15:45

sweet so you saw them at the rodeo? that's awesome I wanted to go to that show but I had class so i couldn't go. I wanted to make it to the dallas show on may 15th but that's the day i graduate from my university so instead i want to get tickets for the august show. i saw them in houston last october it was awesome too.

Yea at rodeo. I sat front row but like 100 ft away. Still freakin rocked. I wanted to go to show on 15th also but I just had surgery. gotta wait for shows in August. Either Dallas or Houston. but my wish would be here in San Antonio. hey congrats on graduating.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/05/2010 - 09:43

wow that is awesome. I really wanted to go it looked like a great show from what I've seen on youtube. Presales go on sale today for the Dallas show. I have not heard anything yet about Houston or San Antonio. But my wife and I are going to go to the Dallas show for sure. She is awesome just started a threat about how awesome she is lol. If your at the Dallas show I'll be there. I'll be getting the gold package so I can be sure to see the guys at the M&G.

I swore to meet the band and I hope to maybe this year. I got picks from the show in Austin when the guys jumped on the dirt and ran to the stands giving hi-fives. What a way to end the show!!!!!

xshinedownfreakx

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 17:03

[quote="anmaro14"]I swore to meet the band and I hope to maybe this year. I got picks from the show in Austin when the guys jumped on the dirt and ran to the stands giving hi-fives. What a way to end the show!!!!![/quote]Omg did they really do that?! ahh lucky!

Heard 45 in 2004 on Launchcast. Bought CD and loved them ever since...

I'm a big fan of 3 Doors Down too and i heard people talking about Shinedown on the 3DD forums so i thought i check them out. First song i heard was Simple man. I loved it. I had the albums imported an i fell in love with them even more. The rest is history as they say :D

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 05/21/2010 - 09:39

i think that goes for everyone on here after our first fix of SD we were all hooked hence my sig name I'm a junkie for Sd. I need my live fix lol.

ShinedownChica

Fri, 05/21/2010 - 16:36

My grandpa actually listens to rock music and showed them to me thinking I'd like them and I immediately fell in love with Leave A Whisper and then got Sound Of Madness as soon as it came out and got Us And Them somewhere in between... When I got Us And Them, I realized I already knew one song.... Save Me :D ♥ never get enough of them now :D ♥

Even though I only just joined SN and recently became a fan I have actually known about Shinedown since before Sound of Madness even came out. Reason being that I work for the largest entertainment shipping company in the world. By the time Sound of Madness hit the shelves about 10,000 copies had already passed through my hands two weeks prior. I'm just sorry I didn't think to listen to them sooner, like when Sound of Madness originally came out. But better late then never is better than nothing.

comments

My grandpa actually listens to rock music and showed them to me thinking I'd like them and I immediately fell in love with Leave A Whisper and then got Sound Of Madness as soon as it came out and got Us And Them somewhere in between... When I got Us And Them, I realized I already knew one song.... Save Me :D ♥ never get enough of them now :D ♥

i think that goes for everyone on here after our first fix of SD we were all hooked hence my sig name I'm a junkie for Sd. I need my live fix lol.

I'm a big fan of 3 Doors Down too and i heard people talking about Shinedown on the 3DD forums so i thought i check them out. First song i heard was Simple man. I loved it. I had the albums imported an i fell in love with them even more. The rest is history as they say :D

Heard 45 in 2004 on Launchcast. Bought CD and loved them ever since...

[quote="anmaro14"]I swore to meet the band and I hope to maybe this year. I got picks from the show in Austin when the guys jumped on the dirt and ran to the stands giving hi-fives. What a way to end the show!!!!![/quote]Omg did they really do that?! ahh lucky!

I swore to meet the band and I hope to maybe this year. I got picks from the show in Austin when the guys jumped on the dirt and ran to the stands giving hi-fives. What a way to end the show!!!!!

wow that is awesome. I really wanted to go it looked like a great show from what I've seen on youtube. Presales go on sale today for the Dallas show. I have not heard anything yet about Houston or San Antonio. But my wife and I are going to go to the Dallas show for sure. She is awesome just started a threat about how awesome she is lol. If your at the Dallas show I'll be there. I'll be getting the gold package so I can be sure to see the guys at the M&G.

Yea at rodeo. I sat front row but like 100 ft away. Still freakin rocked. I wanted to go to show on 15th also but I just had surgery. gotta wait for shows in August. Either Dallas or Houston. but my wish would be here in San Antonio. hey congrats on graduating.

sweet so you saw them at the rodeo? that's awesome I wanted to go to that show but I had class so i couldn't go. I wanted to make it to the dallas show on may 15th but that's the day i graduate from my university so instead i want to get tickets for the august show. i saw them in houston last october it was awesome too.

I saw them back in March in Austin. I wish to go to Dallas but I think they may go to Houston also. Just waiting for the official word. Keep rockin'!

[quote="anmaro14"]I heard them back in '05. first song I heard was .45. Bought the album and been a huge fan since. Even more so past 2 1/2 years. Their music works wonders. Only a few rock bands can do this. Cant wait till they come to TX again.[/quote]
sweet. i'm waiting for them to come back to texas too i want to go to the august show in dallas. welcome to the family.

[quote="anmaro14"]I heard them back in '05. first song I heard was .45. Bought the album and been a huge fan since. Even more so past 2 1/2 years. Their music works wonders. Only a few rock bands can do this. Cant wait till they come to TX again.[/quote]My story is kinda like yours! I heard 45 and loved them ever since!

Ooo, first post. Hi and welcome!

I heard them back in '05. first song I heard was .45. Bought the album and been a huge fan since. Even more so past 2 1/2 years. Their music works wonders. Only a few rock bands can do this. Cant wait till they come to TX again.

Wow that's awesome! Welcome to the Nation! (i know i'm a little late!)

Thanks for the welcome from all. And yes, I really am in PA now. I am from NJ though.

Welcome to the nation!

welcome to the nation.

Ooo. First and second post. Welcome, and hi!

Oops, there was a typo in there. Not nine years, but 7 years. November, 2002 was the first time I seen them.

I've been following Shinedown for 9 years. They opened for a show in Tampa when the originally scheduled band had to cancel at the last minute. No one knew who they were yet, but when the CD came out 6 months later, I remembered the name. Been a fan ever since.

I stumbled upon them completely by accident,

I was browsing itunes a few years back, and when checking out another band (I forget which one). Anyways, Shinedown were one of the linked bands, and after listening to Fly From The Inside and Left Out I was hooked.

My story is pretty much summed up in the SD AA thread, and I totally agree. Better late than never!

oh okay i see what you mean. well so long as it gets you through your life and pays your bills.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]well were glad to have you on board now. and wow that is pretty cool that 10,000 copies went right through your hand. you sound like you have an awesome job. :twisted:[/quote]

It pays my bills, but awsome eh... Not so much, though I do see my share of interesting and eyebrow raising material. Not to mention that whenever something big drops we are the ones to ship it out mainly, which pretty much means that just like the many many copies of Sound of Madness that I went through it's the same for anything else. I can get tedious and very boring, when you see the same thing over and over and over.

well were glad to have you on board now. and wow that is pretty cool that 10,000 copies went right through your hand. you sound like you have an awesome job. :twisted: