Taking my neice to Shinedown for her B-day

• Taking my neice to Shinedown for her B-day
    luvmy3

Well sorta, I bought her a ticket for their show at the IL State fair, today is actually her birthday. I only wish I would have waited until we were at her party so that everyone could have seen her reaction. I had her ticket in an envlope taped to the back of her birthday card. When she looked at the ticket it took her a minute to figure out what she was looking at, after that moment, she screamed :D :D :D so now she is happy and I am happy.

Submitted by luvmy3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Wow what a great birthday gift!!! :D

[quote="siouxi"]Wow what a great birthday gift!!! :D[/quote]

It is also going to be her first Shinedown concert too. I am hoping to find the guys after the show so that she can meet them, so crossing my fingers for that one.

shinedownjunkie45

Sun, 05/30/2010 - 10:44

that is an awesom gift what a great aunt.

I try, what I wish/hope to be able to accompish is to get Brents attention, before the show, since I don't know what will happen after, and maybe talk him into sining Happy Birthday, even though it's not really her birthday that day, it is her birthday gift, soooo yeah. Well see, have to cross my fingers and hope I get lucky.

what a great gift! ur an amazing aunt!

shinedownjunkie45

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 17:16

good luck i'm pretty sure if you get to ask him he will do it.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]good luck i'm pretty sure if you get to ask him he will do it.[/quote]

I would think so too, it's just a matter of getting his attention so I'm crossing my fingers.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 19:21

good luck! i think your niece would be in her own little happy place for a looooong time and if i was her so would i!

[quote="twilight123450"]good luck! i think your niece would be in her own little happy place for a looooong time and if i was her so would i![/quote]

I try lol, I like doing things for her that no one else in the family has the patients for. Such as taking her to concerts. I mean yea my sister, her mom and my mom took her to see fall out boy last year, but their idea of a concert is to get the cheap cheap tickets and get there right before it starts and leave as soon as it is over, and spend as little money as possible. In other words, no merch, no food, just go, watch, and leave. Not my idea of a good time at all.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 19:29

yeah, ya get to go, which is always good.... but the experience just isnt there in my mind if ya dont go out and buy the tshirt, usually end up sweating your ass off cuz youre now wearing 2 layers and its hot in there to begin with, and then you gotta try to meet the band and hope to be successful! (which so far i havent been except for those FYE table type things since my parents are like your sister)

[quote="twilight123450"]yeah, ya get to go, which is always good.... but the experience just isnt there in my mind if ya dont go out and buy the tshirt, usually end up sweating your ass off cuz youre now wearing 2 layers and its hot in there to begin with, and then you gotta try to meet the band and hope to be successful! (which so far i havent been except for those FYE table type things since my parents are like your sister)[/quote]

It's really hard for my sister and my mom to understand. They think meeting the bands is pointless. Actually meeting any celebrity to them is pointless and a waist of time. Thats why I do it for them. This is nto the first time I have gone to lengths to make my girl happy. I took her to meet some of the Twilight cast last year, and I have her books signed by several of the cast.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 19:38

thats really cool... i used to be like completely obsessed... but then it became so overrated, that my love has died down.... i mean i still like twilight, but i just kinda kept the name so i dont have to remember as many username/password combos...

[quote="twilight123450"]thats really cool... i used to be like completely obsessed... but then it became so overrated, that my love has died down.... i mean i still like twilight, but i just kinda kept the name so i dont have to remember as many username/password combos...[/quote]

I was into it for awhile too, still like it alright but don't love it. I hated New Moon both book and movie with a flaming passion. Could be part of my reason for lack of love lol. Though I am planning on seeing Eclipse for the midnight release. That and I do have a thing for Jackson Rathbone (Jasper Hale Cullen) Whatever you want to call him lol.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 19:44

New Moon - I thought the movie was waaaaaaaay better than the book and twilight, the movie sucked, but the book was amazing. eclipse is my favorite book, so ima be frikkin pissed if the movie isnt good... and i can't wait for Seth to become a major character, cuz even though I was a team edward, i wanted Seth for myself lol i like fell in love with his character!

[quote="twilight123450"]New Moon - I thought the movie was waaaaaaaay better than the book and twilight, the movie sucked, but the book was amazing. eclipse is my favorite book, so ima be frikkin pissed if the movie isnt good... and i can't wait for Seth to become a major character, cuz even though I was a team edward, i wanted Seth for myself lol i like fell in love with his character![/quote]

lol I was never really team anyone lol, I just want Jackson lol. I will admit it I have like a mad crush on that man. Dude can do just about anything, act, sing, play drums, pians, guitar, bass, harmonica, banjo, ukelele (sp), you get the point lol.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 19:51

yeah i know what you mean... and yes you spelled ukelele right... but i love seth, just cuz hes the only 1 who actually gave a damn through the whole thing.... i mean the others gave a damn, but seth was 100% devoted to everything...

[quote="twilight123450"]yeah i know what you mean... and yes you spelled ukelele right... but i love seth, just cuz hes the only 1 who actually gave a damn through the whole thing.... i mean the others gave a damn, but seth was 100% devoted to everything...[/quote]

I don't even remember all that sorry lol. Bbl gotta go eat, ttyl, yea lots a web speak I know :D

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 20:02

I dunno, thats just how i felt he was... its just kinda my opinion though... have fun eating! and yeah im in high school, im fluent in web speak, i just dont use it that often

[quote="twilight123450"]I dunno, thats just how i felt he was... its just kinda my opinion though... have fun eating! and yeah im in high school, im fluent in web speak, i just dont use it that often[/quote]

I wasen't ever crazy about Jacob or the Quilutes to begin with maybe that is way I don't remember it lol.

inked4life

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 20:57

I am taking my nephew to his second shinedown concert. He was happy that he got to go to the first one, but was kind of disappointed that the set list didn't include call me. Maybe this time around they will play it since they are headlining.

ShinedownChica

Mon, 05/31/2010 - 21:08

i was the same way as your nephew so high hopes to hear it this next show... and the show i went to, the did headline... but it seems to have become one of the most popular even without being a single, so id bet on it...

inked4life

Tue, 06/01/2010 - 00:40

I don't think it will hurt to ask at the meet and greet. I plan on asking if they will play it.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 06/02/2010 - 19:28

Call Me really is one of their best songs... I wish it was a single... would be awesome to see a vid for it :D

I totally can see it being their last single. And yeah, I got to see it on the Stimulate This! tour, and after hearing it live, it jumped up in my list of favorite SD songs. Plus, now that I know that song makes Eric nervous cuz it's the one song you can hear him mess up, it's kinda cute too.

ShinedownChica

Wed, 06/02/2010 - 19:37

yeah thats true... they didnt play it at the show i went to in January... so I'm hoping they play it at the show im going to next month... I bet they will, the song is so popular now and not even a single!

Well sorta, I bought her a ticket for their show at the IL State fair, today is actually her birthday. I only wish I would have waited until we were at her party so that everyone could have seen her reaction. I had her ticket in an envlope taped to the back of her birthday card. When she looked at the ticket it took her a minute to figure out what she was looking at, after that moment, she screamed :D :D :D so now she is happy and I am happy.

comments

yeah thats true... they didnt play it at the show i went to in January... so I'm hoping they play it at the show im going to next month... I bet they will, the song is so popular now and not even a single!

I totally can see it being their last single. And yeah, I got to see it on the Stimulate This! tour, and after hearing it live, it jumped up in my list of favorite SD songs. Plus, now that I know that song makes Eric nervous cuz it's the one song you can hear him mess up, it's kinda cute too.

Call Me really is one of their best songs... I wish it was a single... would be awesome to see a vid for it :D

I don't think it will hurt to ask at the meet and greet. I plan on asking if they will play it.

i was the same way as your nephew so high hopes to hear it this next show... and the show i went to, the did headline... but it seems to have become one of the most popular even without being a single, so id bet on it...

I am taking my nephew to his second shinedown concert. He was happy that he got to go to the first one, but was kind of disappointed that the set list didn't include call me. Maybe this time around they will play it since they are headlining.

[quote="twilight123450"]I dunno, thats just how i felt he was... its just kinda my opinion though... have fun eating! and yeah im in high school, im fluent in web speak, i just dont use it that often[/quote]

I wasen't ever crazy about Jacob or the Quilutes to begin with maybe that is way I don't remember it lol.

I dunno, thats just how i felt he was... its just kinda my opinion though... have fun eating! and yeah im in high school, im fluent in web speak, i just dont use it that often

[quote="twilight123450"]yeah i know what you mean... and yes you spelled ukelele right... but i love seth, just cuz hes the only 1 who actually gave a damn through the whole thing.... i mean the others gave a damn, but seth was 100% devoted to everything...[/quote]

I don't even remember all that sorry lol. Bbl gotta go eat, ttyl, yea lots a web speak I know :D

yeah i know what you mean... and yes you spelled ukelele right... but i love seth, just cuz hes the only 1 who actually gave a damn through the whole thing.... i mean the others gave a damn, but seth was 100% devoted to everything...

[quote="twilight123450"]New Moon - I thought the movie was waaaaaaaay better than the book and twilight, the movie sucked, but the book was amazing. eclipse is my favorite book, so ima be frikkin pissed if the movie isnt good... and i can't wait for Seth to become a major character, cuz even though I was a team edward, i wanted Seth for myself lol i like fell in love with his character![/quote]

lol I was never really team anyone lol, I just want Jackson lol. I will admit it I have like a mad crush on that man. Dude can do just about anything, act, sing, play drums, pians, guitar, bass, harmonica, banjo, ukelele (sp), you get the point lol.

New Moon - I thought the movie was waaaaaaaay better than the book and twilight, the movie sucked, but the book was amazing. eclipse is my favorite book, so ima be frikkin pissed if the movie isnt good... and i can't wait for Seth to become a major character, cuz even though I was a team edward, i wanted Seth for myself lol i like fell in love with his character!

[quote="twilight123450"]thats really cool... i used to be like completely obsessed... but then it became so overrated, that my love has died down.... i mean i still like twilight, but i just kinda kept the name so i dont have to remember as many username/password combos...[/quote]

I was into it for awhile too, still like it alright but don't love it. I hated New Moon both book and movie with a flaming passion. Could be part of my reason for lack of love lol. Though I am planning on seeing Eclipse for the midnight release. That and I do have a thing for Jackson Rathbone (Jasper Hale Cullen) Whatever you want to call him lol.

thats really cool... i used to be like completely obsessed... but then it became so overrated, that my love has died down.... i mean i still like twilight, but i just kinda kept the name so i dont have to remember as many username/password combos...

[quote="twilight123450"]yeah, ya get to go, which is always good.... but the experience just isnt there in my mind if ya dont go out and buy the tshirt, usually end up sweating your ass off cuz youre now wearing 2 layers and its hot in there to begin with, and then you gotta try to meet the band and hope to be successful! (which so far i havent been except for those FYE table type things since my parents are like your sister)[/quote]

It's really hard for my sister and my mom to understand. They think meeting the bands is pointless. Actually meeting any celebrity to them is pointless and a waist of time. Thats why I do it for them. This is nto the first time I have gone to lengths to make my girl happy. I took her to meet some of the Twilight cast last year, and I have her books signed by several of the cast.

yeah, ya get to go, which is always good.... but the experience just isnt there in my mind if ya dont go out and buy the tshirt, usually end up sweating your ass off cuz youre now wearing 2 layers and its hot in there to begin with, and then you gotta try to meet the band and hope to be successful! (which so far i havent been except for those FYE table type things since my parents are like your sister)

[quote="twilight123450"]good luck! i think your niece would be in her own little happy place for a looooong time and if i was her so would i![/quote]

I try lol, I like doing things for her that no one else in the family has the patients for. Such as taking her to concerts. I mean yea my sister, her mom and my mom took her to see fall out boy last year, but their idea of a concert is to get the cheap cheap tickets and get there right before it starts and leave as soon as it is over, and spend as little money as possible. In other words, no merch, no food, just go, watch, and leave. Not my idea of a good time at all.

good luck! i think your niece would be in her own little happy place for a looooong time and if i was her so would i!

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]good luck i'm pretty sure if you get to ask him he will do it.[/quote]

I would think so too, it's just a matter of getting his attention so I'm crossing my fingers.

good luck i'm pretty sure if you get to ask him he will do it.

what a great gift! ur an amazing aunt!

I try, what I wish/hope to be able to accompish is to get Brents attention, before the show, since I don't know what will happen after, and maybe talk him into sining Happy Birthday, even though it's not really her birthday that day, it is her birthday gift, soooo yeah. Well see, have to cross my fingers and hope I get lucky.

that is an awesom gift what a great aunt.

[quote="siouxi"]Wow what a great birthday gift!!! :D[/quote]

It is also going to be her first Shinedown concert too. I am hoping to find the guys after the show so that she can meet them, so crossing my fingers for that one.

Wow what a great birthday gift!!! :D