Summer Camp?

• Summer Camp?
    luvmy3

Do you have to have a special ticket to go to summer camp or do you just get to go if you have a regular concert ticket?

Submitted by luvmy3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

nhbeast_1168

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 11:23

Good question. Not much info posted on the Summer Camps. On Twitter, Brent said 'we will invite as many fans as possible', but made no mention of how that would happen....

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 12:31

just hang around out back after the show. look for the tour buses and the tents.

Haha, that'd be so much fun. We'd have to show Barry this awesome burger we make at tailgates if we get a chance to go.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 19:03

that is awesome. i can't wait i'm excited to see it and hope that I'm invited for summer camp.

that'd be awesome

I make bangin' margaritas and just learned a Paula Deen recipe for fried chicken

just throwing that out there

randomsunkist17

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 21:15

He mentioned something about wrist bands on twitter, but not entirely sure what that means though. :/

Wear a robe and pretend you know Bear...

bobbette78

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 21:29

[quote="dlm45"]Wear a robe and pretend you know Bear...[/quote]

Bwaahaaahaaa!!! :twisted:

randomsunkist17

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 21:30

Lol, maybe I can wear a snuggie to the concert. XD

bobbette78

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 21:31

A snuggie! You guys are killing me tonight!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

randomsunkist17

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 21:34

[quote="bobbette78"]A snuggie! You guys are killing me tonight!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I almost got one from the Cincinatti Reds game, my bro and dad went when they were giving away Reds snuggies. They ran out before they got there though. I've also heard of people who wear snuggies and go bar hopping, kind of like a zombie walk but with snuggies.

randomsunkist17

Wed, 04/28/2010 - 23:04

[quote="ladysodevine"]I think I had better refrain from commenting on this Bear/robe/Snuggie conversation! :twisted: :shock: :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, we've already had those bad conversations on twitter, lol. Let's keep it PG-13 here.

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 15:04

[quote="randomsunkist17"]He mentioned something about wrist bands on twitter, but not entirely sure what that means though. :/[/quote]
lmao snuggies and barhoppin that's too funny. i gotta tell my buddy about that he is in a fraternity and I'm pretty sure they would want to do that too lol. what brent meant about the wrist bands is that if your under 21 you get a certain color wrist band and if your over 21 then you'll get another color so that they can distinguish who can and cannot drink. since there will be alcohol at the summer camps.

randomsunkist17

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 16:45

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"][quote="randomsunkist17"]He mentioned something about wrist bands on twitter, but not entirely sure what that means though. :/[/quote]
lmao snuggies and barhoppin that's too funny. i gotta tell my buddy about that he is in a fraternity and I'm pretty sure they would want to do that too lol. what brent meant about the wrist bands is that if your under 21 you get a certain color wrist band and if your over 21 then you'll get another color so that they can distinguish who can and cannot drink. since there will be alcohol at the summer camps.[/quote]

Darn and I was wanting to get crunk at the concert, lol. Just kidding, guys.

I'm just pissed I didn't think to have them sign my robe and then steal it from the room. Now all I have is a signed shirt like everyone else. Did anyone out there do that??

Bear had a vision & a dream!! He was soooo happy...even the next day. I have some good pics of him & from the robe party. Can I attach pics to a reply post???

bobbette78

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 22:21

Hey I'm not going to make fun of you Mindy - I want to see those pics too!!! LOL!! :twisted:

randomsunkist17

Thu, 04/29/2010 - 22:43

I won't either Mindy. I also want to see them. XD

Well now that I am for sure going to the MI concert I really really wanna go to summer camp. lol never thought I would be saying that at 24.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/30/2010 - 10:14

you can post the pic just upload it to photobucket and then resize it so it don't take up the whole screen on here lol and then just put the link in the text box when your replying we should be able to to see it on here. please post them on here we all want to see. i want to go to summer camp too i never went as a kid and i think this is the perfect summer camp to go to lol.

I too must agree with Junkie and Lady, I went to camp a few times growing up it was alright, but I am much mroe excited for this summer camp.

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/30/2010 - 11:59

indeed sure sounds like a lot of fun. and i've heard so much about how barry is a great cook now i'll be able to findo out for myself lol.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]indeed sure sounds like a lot of fun. and i've heard so much about how barry is a great cook now i'll be able to findo out for myself lol.[/quote]

Is Barry the only one who cooks at summer camp or do others help him out? I can't even imagin how much work it is to cook for that many people, the bands, the crew, and the fans! YIKES thats alot of cooking, but kudos to Barry for doing it to. Can't wait to try his food.

I've also sadly never gone to summer camp, so here's hoping I finally get the chance. :( But after I told my husband about the summer camp, he is more excited about that than the concert or the meet & greet. Then again, he's a tailgate nut and just loves anything to do with grilling.

randomsunkist17

Fri, 04/30/2010 - 22:55

I've been in Girl Scouts so I've been camping numerous times but I'm sure nothing is going to be more fun than this.

Here you go...hope it works. I have a Mac & just bought iWeb to publish pics. Was easier than downloading them from iPhoto because they are copyrighted & it's a pain in the ass. I didn't attach all, just what I thought were the best of what we had. Excuse my drunk ass look at the rode party; I was up at 7 a.m. that morning to get ready to learn to scuba dive...NOT a good idea when you are hung over from the night before!! They strapped a forty pound tank on my back, put flippers & goggles on me & then made me jump 15 to 20 feet off the pier into the water. Not to mention it was POURING rain, rough water AND thundering. I would have sooo much rather slept in. Good thing was we ended up in Margaritaville with BSC!!! They were the smart ones. Here you go...

http://web.mac.com/dianemartino

shinedownjunkie45

Fri, 04/30/2010 - 23:12

pretty cool thanks for this. that i know of barry is the only cook but i'm sure some of the crew help him out to cook for everyone.

randomsunkist17

Fri, 04/30/2010 - 23:20

Yay! That's some awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. :)

it's obvious that I'm a bit older than you young ones!! hahaha, but I can still hang with the best of them. I was surprised of the diversity in age group on the cruise. I was so stressing out that I was going to be the oldest one there. Friends my age think I'm nuts, especially because I 'm looking forward to their show in August after just spending 4 days on a boat with them!!

also, just a inside tip that there may be some surprises in the setlist for the carnival tour..."in memory" maybe??? crossing my fingers they go thru with it!!

First off, love the pix.

Second, it's funny you say that because we were just talking about that subject last night. Our show falls the week before The Expendables come out, so we were wondering if Diamond Eyes was going to make its way onto the tour, like how they were actually playing the music to Alice before any of us knew it. I also love it if they'd go back to some of their other hits from the earlier albums like Burning Bright, or Shed Some Light. And I would absolutely love to hear What a Shame live.

Oh, but getting off topic, sorry. Yeah, summer camps, woo!

bobbette78

Sat, 05/01/2010 - 16:02

dlm - great pictures! I love your captions too, so funny! The one of Barry with dreads flying is awesome!

I was worried I might be the oldest one on these boards when I signed up, but was very happy to discover this SD addiction knows no age limits - lol!

:lol:

Do you have to have a special ticket to go to summer camp or do you just get to go if you have a regular concert ticket?

comments

[quote="aromaine"]Also something else to keep in mind. How many people are they inviting? Big difference between if it's 12 or 200.[/quote]

Good point I didn't even think about that part. Hopefully it is closer to the 200 than the 12. Course the number also probaly also depends on how much Barry can handle since he does the cooking.

yeah that is very true.

Also something else to keep in mind. How many people are they inviting? Big difference between if it's 12 or 200.

hopefully. i'll try later on today and tweet him maybe he will reply or even zach too he spends alot of time readin tweets.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]that soundsl like a great idea.[/quote]

I sent him a message on twitter last night don't know if he will answer though. Hopefully he will.

that soundsl like a great idea.

I am thinking that the best way to find out just how exactly to get a wrist band it to ask brent about this before hand. And if enough of us post questions about this etiehr through the comments on shinedown.com or throught his twitter he will more than likely answer.

How can they say no to a nation member? lol. and the show im going to is also barrys birthday! that should be one epic summer camp! I just hope I get my nation gear, I have been a member for a month and a half now and still nothin, oh well, not going till august!! It all depends if I dont come off as a crazy fan girl like i did last time lol :oops:

haha that is one way to do it too. i think i'll try that as well. the worst they could say is no. and i hope they don't say that to the Sd nation family.

Someone on the main SD site mentioned that the security and merch guys were going to be handing them out at random. The way I see it, the shirt couldn't hurt either. My husband is flat out going to ask the guys at the M&G for a wristband, he wants to do that so badly.

I really really hope that I can get into the Summer Camp, the venue I'm going to in Detroit to see them looks PERFECT for something like that! Big open fields, and lots of space! I could see my mom and Barry talking about beer and cooking for hours, :D

So maybe I missed something, but is summer camp something that goes on after every show, or what is it? What actually goes on there, and how are you invited?

[quote="ladysodevine"]So back to this Summer Camp deal...I'm thinking (hoping!) that by being a part of the M&G and sporting my Nation shirt that perhaps that may give us a leg up on the invite. Thoughts? Opinions? Smart remarks?[/quote]

That is a good idea, don't know if it will work but I am willing to try anything. Tell Brent that if you can't go to summer camp you'll cry lol.

indeed it is how brent says music sees no age. it does not care your color or your religion it is universal and reaches the masses. good music just makes your soul feel great.

dlm - great pictures! I love your captions too, so funny! The one of Barry with dreads flying is awesome!

I was worried I might be the oldest one on these boards when I signed up, but was very happy to discover this SD addiction knows no age limits - lol!

:lol:

First off, love the pix.

Second, it's funny you say that because we were just talking about that subject last night. Our show falls the week before The Expendables come out, so we were wondering if Diamond Eyes was going to make its way onto the tour, like how they were actually playing the music to Alice before any of us knew it. I also love it if they'd go back to some of their other hits from the earlier albums like Burning Bright, or Shed Some Light. And I would absolutely love to hear What a Shame live.

Oh, but getting off topic, sorry. Yeah, summer camps, woo!

plus...

it's obvious that I'm a bit older than you young ones!! hahaha, but I can still hang with the best of them. I was surprised of the diversity in age group on the cruise. I was so stressing out that I was going to be the oldest one there. Friends my age think I'm nuts, especially because I 'm looking forward to their show in August after just spending 4 days on a boat with them!!

also, just a inside tip that there may be some surprises in the setlist for the carnival tour..."in memory" maybe??? crossing my fingers they go thru with it!!

Yay! That's some awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. :)

pretty cool thanks for this. that i know of barry is the only cook but i'm sure some of the crew help him out to cook for everyone.

Pictures....

Here you go...hope it works. I have a Mac & just bought iWeb to publish pics. Was easier than downloading them from iPhoto because they are copyrighted & it's a pain in the ass. I didn't attach all, just what I thought were the best of what we had. Excuse my drunk ass look at the rode party; I was up at 7 a.m. that morning to get ready to learn to scuba dive...NOT a good idea when you are hung over from the night before!! They strapped a forty pound tank on my back, put flippers & goggles on me & then made me jump 15 to 20 feet off the pier into the water. Not to mention it was POURING rain, rough water AND thundering. I would have sooo much rather slept in. Good thing was we ended up in Margaritaville with BSC!!! They were the smart ones. Here you go...

http://web.mac.com/dianemartino

I've been in Girl Scouts so I've been camping numerous times but I'm sure nothing is going to be more fun than this.

I've also sadly never gone to summer camp, so here's hoping I finally get the chance. :( But after I told my husband about the summer camp, he is more excited about that than the concert or the meet & greet. Then again, he's a tailgate nut and just loves anything to do with grilling.

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"]indeed sure sounds like a lot of fun. and i've heard so much about how barry is a great cook now i'll be able to findo out for myself lol.[/quote]

Is Barry the only one who cooks at summer camp or do others help him out? I can't even imagin how much work it is to cook for that many people, the bands, the crew, and the fans! YIKES thats alot of cooking, but kudos to Barry for doing it to. Can't wait to try his food.

indeed sure sounds like a lot of fun. and i've heard so much about how barry is a great cook now i'll be able to findo out for myself lol.

I too must agree with Junkie and Lady, I went to camp a few times growing up it was alright, but I am much mroe excited for this summer camp.

you can post the pic just upload it to photobucket and then resize it so it don't take up the whole screen on here lol and then just put the link in the text box when your replying we should be able to to see it on here. please post them on here we all want to see. i want to go to summer camp too i never went as a kid and i think this is the perfect summer camp to go to lol.

Well now that I am for sure going to the MI concert I really really wanna go to summer camp. lol never thought I would be saying that at 24.

I won't either Mindy. I also want to see them. XD

Hey I'm not going to make fun of you Mindy - I want to see those pics too!!! LOL!! :twisted:

I'm just pissed I didn't think to have them sign my robe and then steal it from the room. Now all I have is a signed shirt like everyone else. Did anyone out there do that??

Bear had a vision & a dream!! He was soooo happy...even the next day. I have some good pics of him & from the robe party. Can I attach pics to a reply post???

[quote="shinedownjunkie45"][quote="randomsunkist17"]He mentioned something about wrist bands on twitter, but not entirely sure what that means though. :/[/quote]
lmao snuggies and barhoppin that's too funny. i gotta tell my buddy about that he is in a fraternity and I'm pretty sure they would want to do that too lol. what brent meant about the wrist bands is that if your under 21 you get a certain color wrist band and if your over 21 then you'll get another color so that they can distinguish who can and cannot drink. since there will be alcohol at the summer camps.[/quote]

Darn and I was wanting to get crunk at the concert, lol. Just kidding, guys.

[quote="randomsunkist17"]He mentioned something about wrist bands on twitter, but not entirely sure what that means though. :/[/quote]
lmao snuggies and barhoppin that's too funny. i gotta tell my buddy about that he is in a fraternity and I'm pretty sure they would want to do that too lol. what brent meant about the wrist bands is that if your under 21 you get a certain color wrist band and if your over 21 then you'll get another color so that they can distinguish who can and cannot drink. since there will be alcohol at the summer camps.

[quote="ladysodevine"]I think I had better refrain from commenting on this Bear/robe/Snuggie conversation! :twisted: :shock: :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, we've already had those bad conversations on twitter, lol. Let's keep it PG-13 here.

[quote="bobbette78"]A snuggie! You guys are killing me tonight!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I almost got one from the Cincinatti Reds game, my bro and dad went when they were giving away Reds snuggies. They ran out before they got there though. I've also heard of people who wear snuggies and go bar hopping, kind of like a zombie walk but with snuggies.

A snuggie! You guys are killing me tonight!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol, maybe I can wear a snuggie to the concert. XD

Bwaahaaahaaa!!! :twisted:

Wear a robe and pretend you know Bear...

He mentioned something about wrist bands on twitter, but not entirely sure what that means though. :/

that'd be awesome

I make bangin' margaritas and just learned a Paula Deen recipe for fried chicken

just throwing that out there

that is awesome. i can't wait i'm excited to see it and hope that I'm invited for summer camp.

Haha, that'd be so much fun. We'd have to show Barry this awesome burger we make at tailgates if we get a chance to go.

just hang around out back after the show. look for the tour buses and the tents.

Good question. Not much info posted on the Summer Camps. On Twitter, Brent said 'we will invite as many fans as possible', but made no mention of how that would happen....