strangest song

• strangest song
    erica881014

okay we all know if you are on here you like,excuse me,LOVE shinedown.but out of your usual songs(like a certain genre) on your ipod or mp3,what is the strangest or most embarrassing song you have?

since i usually stick with rock/some metal the strangest song i have is
    poker face by lady gaga..
    it's weird because you go through my ipod and its all rock and everything then you come to this song..but there is just something about it.

Submitted by erica881014 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

d_eicholz

Fri, 02/11/2011 - 07:06

Pants On the Ground

lol

BanishedForever

Fri, 02/11/2011 - 10:08

WOW.. a song? I could do this by band alphabeticially!

While I will state i grew up in the late 70s and early 80s which i assume makes me older than most here and lived life in the early daze or hair bands and metal which is where my heart still is I have never been one to shun a band,singer or song if it catches my ear so with that being said ...

Lets start with...

A.. ABBA

B.. Bee Gees

LOL... While im sure I could reference my ipod and continue I'll just jump to G for Glenn Campbell sings ...umm..Wichita lineman..so picture a bunch of nightcrawling guys working together and ones music is WAY TOO LOUD when that pops up next in the playlist! :idea: :idea: :roll: :idea: LMAO....

See, if you look at my music list, I have such an eclectic taste in music that you can hear something completely different song after song. I mean, most of them are rock, but you'll hear european goth rock, japanese jazz, new age, classical, show tunes, disney songs. I guess one of my more unusual ones is when REM sings "Furry Happy Monsters" with the Sesame Street muppets. That one usually gets an eyebrow raised.

BanishedForever

Fri, 02/11/2011 - 16:58

Well... now that you reminded me.. Ozzy did sing with the muppets.. gotta look that up!

Thanks!! LOL

erica881014

Fri, 02/11/2011 - 18:50

[quote="banished"]WOW.. a song? I could do this by band alphabeticially!

While I will state i grew up in the late 70s and early 80s which i assume makes me older than most here and lived life in the early daze or hair bands and metal which is where my heart still is I have never been one to shun a band,singer or song if it catches my ear so with that being said ...

Lets start with...

A.. ABBA

B.. Bee Gees

LOL... While im sure I could reference my ipod and continue I'll just jump to G for Glenn Campbell sings ...umm..Wichita lineman..so picture a bunch of nightcrawling guys working together and ones music is WAY TOO LOUD when that pops up next in the playlist! :idea: :idea: :roll: :idea: LMAO....[/quote]

lol.i have wichita lineman,great song,but i have the song covered by celtic thunder,just a group of 4 or 5 irish guys,well i think one is scottish.but scotch/irish is part of my heritage so thats how i got into them.but they are good.so maybe those are the weirdest songs you'll hear on my ipod.it will go from rock to them..lol

FadedWonderland

Sat, 02/12/2011 - 17:33

[color=green]The imagination movers :P they make me happy[/color]

crueangel

Sat, 02/12/2011 - 17:47

I have very eclectic tastes as well. I grew up listening to country, because that is all my parents listened to. Elvis was the only "rock" they listened to. Then, my older sister married a guy who listened to classic rock like The Doors, The Moody Blues, Deep Purple, Sabbath- so I got into a lot of that. Then my middle sister rebelled and listened to R&B, Soul, and hte very early stages of Rap. So I just really loved music- and still do.

On my iPod I have everything BUT Rap- b/c some of it you listen to and go WTF??? LOL I have Rock, Metal, Country, Soul, Pop, Blues- no Bluegrass yet, but I do love it! I even have New Kids, a couple of Hanson songs, and Pink's "Raise Your Glass". But for some strange reason, if I just shuffle all songs, I still skip most of them and stop on Shinedown. Hmmm... Shinedown addict?? Why yes. Yes I am! LOL :P

tessarakt

Sat, 02/12/2011 - 20:10

[quote="crueangel"]I have very eclectic tastes as well. I grew up listening to country, because that is all my parents listened to. Elvis was the only "rock" they listened to. Then, my older sister married a guy who listened to classic rock like The Doors, The Moody Blues, Deep Purple, Sabbath- so I got into a lot of that. Then my middle sister rebelled and listened to R&B, Soul, and hte very early stages of Rap. So I just really loved music- and still do.

On my iPod I have everything BUT Rap- b/c some of it you listen to and go WTF??? LOL I have Rock, Metal, Country, Soul, Pop, Blues- no Bluegrass yet, but I do love it! I even have New Kids, a couple of Hanson songs, and Pink's "Raise Your Glass". But for some strange reason, if I just shuffle all songs, I still skip most of them and stop on Shinedown. Hmmm... Shinedown addict?? Why yes. Yes I am! LOL :P[/quote]

Same thing here. There's really not much I DON'T like ... there are particular bands I don't really like, but not really any type of music I don't like. I usually end up on Shinedown though lol

crueangel

Sun, 02/13/2011 - 15:07

Oops! I forgot to mention my love of soundtracks and show tunes. I have the soundtrack from Grease, and yes, I kow the words to every song! LMAO :lol: I also have the soundtracks for Footloose- know every song, Sahara, Top Gun- love Kenny Loggins! No Sound of Music yet, or Oklahoma!, but they are two of my faves as well. Hey, a girl's gotta have a guilty pleasure! :twisted: LMAO

I have some native american music on my mp3 player. It helps me to relax :)

crueangel

Mon, 02/14/2011 - 21:54

[quote="siouxi"]I have some native american music on my mp3 player. It helps me to relax :)[/quote]

Yep- have some of that as well. I have the soundtrack to the IMAX movie "Wolves" and it hs this amazing song called "Peyote Healing" which, to me, is one of the most relaxing, healing songs I have ever heard. It is also on Robbie Robertson's album "Greeting from the Underworld of Red Boy", and also his Classic Masters. I have his Classic Masters on my iPod, but the version of the song on the album isn't as long as the one on the soundtrack.

tessarakt

Tue, 02/15/2011 - 22:13

[quote="crueangel"][quote="siouxi"]I have some native american music on my mp3 player. It helps me to relax :)[/quote]

Yep- have some of that as well. I have the soundtrack to the IMAX movie "Wolves" and it hs this amazing song called "Peyote Healing" which, to me, is one of the most relaxing, healing songs I have ever heard. It is also on Robbie Robertson's album "Greeting from the Underworld of Red Boy", and also his Classic Masters. I have his Classic Masters on my iPod, but the version of the song on the album isn't as long as the one on the soundtrack.[/quote]

I have a cd of just gregorian chant

dave's not impressed with that one ROFL

crueangel

Wed, 02/16/2011 - 19:34

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="crueangel"][quote="siouxi"]I have some native american music on my mp3 player. It helps me to relax :)[/quote]

Yep- have some of that as well. I have the soundtrack to the IMAX movie "Wolves" and it hs this amazing song called "Peyote Healing" which, to me, is one of the most relaxing, healing songs I have ever heard. It is also on Robbie Robertson's album "Greeting from the Underworld of Red Boy", and also his Classic Masters. I have his Classic Masters on my iPod, but the version of the song on the album isn't as long as the one on the soundtrack.[/quote]

dave's not impressed with that one ROFL[/quote]

LOL I bet!! I have something like that, but not much of it. I have so many different kinds of music, people would look at my iPod and go "HUH?" LOL But I believe that variety is the spice of life!

Fonic_Hymnist

Sun, 02/27/2011 - 17:35

its a tie between S.E.X and Something in our mouth by nickleback

okay we all know if you are on here you like,excuse me,LOVE shinedown.but out of your usual songs(like a certain genre) on your ipod or mp3,what is the strangest or most embarrassing song you have?

since i usually stick with rock/some metal the strangest song i have is
poker face by lady gaga..
it's weird because you go through my ipod and its all rock and everything then you come to this song..but there is just something about it.

comments

its a tie between S.E.X and Something in our mouth by nickleback

[quote="jen_n_dave"][quote="crueangel"][quote="siouxi"]I have some native american music on my mp3 player. It helps me to relax :)[/quote]

dave's not impressed with that one ROFL[/quote]

LOL I bet!! I have something like that, but not much of it. I have so many different kinds of music, people would look at my iPod and go "HUH?" LOL But I believe that variety is the spice of life!

[quote="crueangel"][quote="siouxi"]I have some native american music on my mp3 player. It helps me to relax :)[/quote]

dave's not impressed with that one ROFL

[quote="siouxi"]I have some native american music on my mp3 player. It helps me to relax :)[/quote]

Yep- have some of that as well. I have the soundtrack to the IMAX movie "Wolves" and it hs this amazing song called "Peyote Healing" which, to me, is one of the most relaxing, healing songs I have ever heard. It is also on Robbie Robertson's album "Greeting from the Underworld of Red Boy", and also his Classic Masters. I have his Classic Masters on my iPod, but the version of the song on the album isn't as long as the one on the soundtrack.

I have some native american music on my mp3 player. It helps me to relax :)

Oops! I forgot to mention my love of soundtracks and show tunes. I have the soundtrack from Grease, and yes, I kow the words to every song! LMAO :lol: I also have the soundtracks for Footloose- know every song, Sahara, Top Gun- love Kenny Loggins! No Sound of Music yet, or Oklahoma!, but they are two of my faves as well. Hey, a girl's gotta have a guilty pleasure! :twisted: LMAO

[quote="crueangel"]I have very eclectic tastes as well. I grew up listening to country, because that is all my parents listened to. Elvis was the only "rock" they listened to. Then, my older sister married a guy who listened to classic rock like The Doors, The Moody Blues, Deep Purple, Sabbath- so I got into a lot of that. Then my middle sister rebelled and listened to R&B, Soul, and hte very early stages of Rap. So I just really loved music- and still do.

On my iPod I have everything BUT Rap- b/c some of it you listen to and go WTF??? LOL I have Rock, Metal, Country, Soul, Pop, Blues- no Bluegrass yet, but I do love it! I even have New Kids, a couple of Hanson songs, and Pink's "Raise Your Glass". But for some strange reason, if I just shuffle all songs, I still skip most of them and stop on Shinedown. Hmmm... Shinedown addict?? Why yes. Yes I am! LOL :P[/quote]

Same thing here. There's really not much I DON'T like ... there are particular bands I don't really like, but not really any type of music I don't like. I usually end up on Shinedown though lol

I have very eclectic tastes as well. I grew up listening to country, because that is all my parents listened to. Elvis was the only "rock" they listened to. Then, my older sister married a guy who listened to classic rock like The Doors, The Moody Blues, Deep Purple, Sabbath- so I got into a lot of that. Then my middle sister rebelled and listened to R&B, Soul, and hte very early stages of Rap. So I just really loved music- and still do.

On my iPod I have everything BUT Rap- b/c some of it you listen to and go WTF??? LOL I have Rock, Metal, Country, Soul, Pop, Blues- no Bluegrass yet, but I do love it! I even have New Kids, a couple of Hanson songs, and Pink's "Raise Your Glass". But for some strange reason, if I just shuffle all songs, I still skip most of them and stop on Shinedown. Hmmm... Shinedown addict?? Why yes. Yes I am! LOL :P

[color=green]The imagination movers :P they make me happy[/color]

[quote="banished"]WOW.. a song? I could do this by band alphabeticially!

Lets start with...

A.. ABBA

B.. Bee Gees

LOL... While im sure I could reference my ipod and continue I'll just jump to G for Glenn Campbell sings ...umm..Wichita lineman..so picture a bunch of nightcrawling guys working together and ones music is WAY TOO LOUD when that pops up next in the playlist! :idea: :idea: :roll: :idea: LMAO....[/quote]

lol.i have wichita lineman,great song,but i have the song covered by celtic thunder,just a group of 4 or 5 irish guys,well i think one is scottish.but scotch/irish is part of my heritage so thats how i got into them.but they are good.so maybe those are the weirdest songs you'll hear on my ipod.it will go from rock to them..lol

Well... now that you reminded me.. Ozzy did sing with the muppets.. gotta look that up!

Thanks!! LOL

See, if you look at my music list, I have such an eclectic taste in music that you can hear something completely different song after song. I mean, most of them are rock, but you'll hear european goth rock, japanese jazz, new age, classical, show tunes, disney songs. I guess one of my more unusual ones is when REM sings "Furry Happy Monsters" with the Sesame Street muppets. That one usually gets an eyebrow raised.

WOW.. a song? I could do this by band alphabeticially!

Lets start with...

A.. ABBA

B.. Bee Gees

LOL... While im sure I could reference my ipod and continue I'll just jump to G for Glenn Campbell sings ...umm..Wichita lineman..so picture a bunch of nightcrawling guys working together and ones music is WAY TOO LOUD when that pops up next in the playlist! :idea: :idea: :roll: :idea: LMAO....

Pants On the Ground

lol