Soundtrack to your life

• Soundtrack to your life
    ARomaine

We got into this great conversation at work recently about if your life was a movie, what songs would be on your soundtrack? Not a what is your favorite song soundtrack, what songs do you feel represent you or have that special meaning to you or your life. Went on for a few days as we were really getting into meanings and whatnot. I thought it was cool and felt like sharing.

Abby's soundtrack (songs are in no particular order)
    1. Sd's "Shed some light" - just really explains what my life was like last year.
    2. Tom Petty's "Won't back down" - feels like that's been my anthem for years.
    3. Sixx A.M.'s "Life is beautiful" - song is about no matter how screwed up your life is, there's always hope for improvement. (guitar ain't bad either!)
    4. Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" - an absolutely beautiful song, also about getting through difficult times. Always gives me goosebumps to hear.
    5. Pink Floyd's "On the turning away" - hard to explain, but for me, it's about how we can't avoid the unpleasantries of life and how helping others can actually help ourselves.

Hope you guys find this topic as interesting as I did :D

Submitted by ARomaine on
Forum category
Is pro
No

ShinedownChica

Sat, 05/22/2010 - 22:29

in no particular order

Carried Away - Shinedown
Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin
Sound Of Madness - Shinedown
Call Me - Shinedown
All These Things I Hate - Bullet For My Valentine
Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls
Better Version - Shinedown
Scars - Papa Roach
Last Resort - Papa Roach
Carry Me - Papa Roach
Rise Above This - Seether
Burning Bright - Shinedown
Brick By Boring Brick - Paramore
In The End - Linkin Park
Leave Out All The Rest - Linkin Park
Numb - Linkin Park
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
The Last Night - Skillet
Let Down - Dead By Sunrise
Monster - Skillet
Reverse This Curse - Escape The Fate
Situations - Escape The Fate
Open Wounds - Skillet
Never Too Late - Three Days Grace
Second Chance - Shinedown
Walk Away From The Sun - Seether
Welcome To My Life - Simple Plan
Untitled - Simple Plan

sorry mine is kind of long, but a lot of moments i feel like there was a song for... had a lot of phases of complete insanity including hospitalizaion once...

Hey, it's your soundtrack, it can be as long or as short as you want. I liked it. Couple of songs I had forgotten about, so now I'll need to go back to my coworkers and be like, no, wait, what about...

ShinedownChica

Sun, 05/23/2010 - 15:54

lol yeah, im a very music oriented person.... i literally screamed my head off constantly for a day cuz i had no music... my parents have learned to never ground me from it lol its more dangerous to them than me and thats saying something :P

We got into this great conversation at work recently about if your life was a movie, what songs would be on your soundtrack? Not a what is your favorite song soundtrack, what songs do you feel represent you or have that special meaning to you or your life. Went on for a few days as we were really getting into meanings and whatnot. I thought it was cool and felt like sharing.

Abby's soundtrack (songs are in no particular order)
1. Sd's "Shed some light" - just really explains what my life was like last year.
2. Tom Petty's "Won't back down" - feels like that's been my anthem for years.
3. Sixx A.M.'s "Life is beautiful" - song is about no matter how screwed up your life is, there's always hope for improvement. (guitar ain't bad either!)
4. Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" - an absolutely beautiful song, also about getting through difficult times. Always gives me goosebumps to hear.
5. Pink Floyd's "On the turning away" - hard to explain, but for me, it's about how we can't avoid the unpleasantries of life and how helping others can actually help ourselves.

Hope you guys find this topic as interesting as I did :D

comments

lol yeah, im a very music oriented person.... i literally screamed my head off constantly for a day cuz i had no music... my parents have learned to never ground me from it lol its more dangerous to them than me and thats saying something :P

Hey, it's your soundtrack, it can be as long or as short as you want. I liked it. Couple of songs I had forgotten about, so now I'll need to go back to my coworkers and be like, no, wait, what about...

in no particular order

Carried Away - Shinedown
Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin
Sound Of Madness - Shinedown
Call Me - Shinedown
All These Things I Hate - Bullet For My Valentine
Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls
Better Version - Shinedown
Scars - Papa Roach
Last Resort - Papa Roach
Carry Me - Papa Roach
Rise Above This - Seether
Burning Bright - Shinedown
Brick By Boring Brick - Paramore
In The End - Linkin Park
Leave Out All The Rest - Linkin Park
Numb - Linkin Park
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
The Last Night - Skillet
Let Down - Dead By Sunrise
Monster - Skillet
Reverse This Curse - Escape The Fate
Situations - Escape The Fate
Open Wounds - Skillet
Never Too Late - Three Days Grace
Second Chance - Shinedown
Walk Away From The Sun - Seether
Welcome To My Life - Simple Plan
Untitled - Simple Plan

sorry mine is kind of long, but a lot of moments i feel like there was a song for... had a lot of phases of complete insanity including hospitalizaion once...