Something I've always wondered... Please Read

• Something I've always wondered... Please Read
    missxmarie

I don't know if I'm wrong, or if anyone else has thought this, but.
    I've always thought their song 45 had some resembelance to losing a child, or something to do with children.
    And now that their album The Sound of Madness has come out, I see resemblance in The Crow and the Butterfly and If You Only Knew.
    Has anyone else ever experienced this?
    Opinions please. :]

Submitted by missxmarie on
Forum category
Is pro
No

crow and the butterfly has to do with losing someone special to you, not necessarily a child, and if you only knew is a love song.

Brent has said that "If You Only Knew" is about the son he just had. Or rather his girlfriend/wife (sorry I forget) just had. And I forget what "Crow" was supposed to be about. But I think it's your typical break-up/it's over song :)

synneraboveall

Sat, 06/28/2008 - 22:58

[quote="pissdrippingfurburger"]Brent has said that "If You Only Knew" is about the son he just had. Or rather his girlfriend/wife (sorry I forget) just had. And I forget what "Crow" was supposed to be about. But I think it's your typical break-up/it's over song :)[/quote]

Yeah, his girlfriend.

And jt0323..I remember Brent saying that about 'Crow' in that video interview...OH YEAH..that's cause he talked about it when he answered my question...LOL

synneraboveall

Mon, 06/30/2008 - 12:31

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"]i take that as a yes!!!! :D[/quote]

of course

Let me tell you something about this game... it is not a game!"
-Famous quote from one of my school's old Chem teachers. he didnt even last a year.[/quote]

hehe...nice!!!!

theloudsilence

Mon, 06/30/2008 - 17:35

Brent explained the meaning of .45 in an interview awhile back. Said that the gun was a metaphor. The song is about "Getting comfortable in your skin when you look at a mirror". Said that Crow was about losing someone very close to you (I don't know if he ever explained who. Anyone know?) And "If You only knew" is a love song.

romancerockstar

Wed, 07/02/2008 - 00:28

[color=indigo]At the House of Blues in New Orleans, Brent preceded Crow and the Butterfly by saying that it was the hardest song that he had ever written because it was about something that he prayed to God that the woman he loved with all his heart would never have to go through, and that he would never have to experience either. Then he specifically said that the song was about a mother and child.

That is pretty close to reciting it verbatim. I remember it vividly, because being a mother and having watched friends that have lost children, it gave me chills and yeah... I shed a few tears.

BTW, I think it's my favorite song on SOM. I think... it's so hard to choose![/color]

It's interesting to read other people's interpretations and meanings.

[quote="romancerockstar"][color=indigo]At the House of Blues in New Orleans, Brent preceded Crow and the Butterfly by saying that it was the hardest song that he had ever written because it was about something that he prayed to God that the woman he loved with all his heart would never have to go through, and that he would never have to experience either. Then he specifically said that the song was about a mother and child.

That is pretty close to reciting it verbatim. I remember it vividly, because being a mother and having watched friends that have lost children, it gave me chills and yeah... I shed a few tears.

BTW, I think it's my favorite song on SOM. I think... it's so hard to choose![/color][/quote]

that's wild when i listen to the song i just picture to best friends budding around "gettin high as outerspace" and one of them slipping away and they are gone before you even realize it. but, the mother and child thing is good to, since i have two boys raising them by myself.

p.s. july 13th i will more than likely shed a few tears myself when and if i hear it LIVE!!!!

does anyone know the meaning behingd the intro to save me on this tour? is there anywhere to purchase that intro song

romancerockstar

Thu, 07/03/2008 - 00:56

[quote="lilboat1"]does anyone know the meaning behingd the intro to save me on this tour? is there anywhere to purchase that intro song[/quote]

I don't know, but I would love to find out! I had chills the entire time... once again, a few tears were shed.

That little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes now haunts me sometimes...

It's such a "haunting melody". Hate to use Brent's lyrics to describe Brent's lyrics, but it's all that seems to fit. He is such a lyrical genius.

[quote="lilboat1"]does anyone know the meaning behingd the intro to save me on this tour? is there anywhere to purchase that intro song[/quote]

I would also really like to get this if there is anywhere you possibly can. I saw them when they were in Louisville, Ky and I really liked that part. I love Save Me so it was really cool to hear.

evanmurray

Tue, 09/28/2021 - 06:54

Awesome, i have really enjoyed the concept. Actually, The reading is inseparable from the birth of writing, which stretches into antiquity, right up to the origin of rock paintings. The cradle of the development of reading can be considered the period of time when the first signs appeared on the stones, containing this or that information. Perhaps the ancient people, studying rock paintings and signs, received certain information, and using it, they received benefits, which served as an impetus for the development of reading https://kitabnagri.pk Anyways, thanks for sharing the nice piece of stuff with us.

jollyjane

Sun, 08/27/2023 - 04:23

Embark on a journey through time, where the birth of writing meets the emergence of rock art. Millennia ago, our ancestors etched tales onto stone, laying the foundation for reading. Deciphering these symbols, they gained insights that shaped their lives. Today, platforms like https://besturdunovels.pk/ continue this legacy, offering a modern haven for those who seek knowledge. The evolution of reading is a timeless dance that connects us to our history and propels us toward a brighter future.

I don't know if I'm wrong, or if anyone else has thought this, but.
I've always thought their song 45 had some resembelance to losing a child, or something to do with children.
And now that their album The Sound of Madness has come out, I see resemblance in The Crow and the Butterfly and If You Only Knew.
Has anyone else ever experienced this?
Opinions please. :]

comments

Embark on a journey through…

Embark on a journey through time, where the birth of writing meets the emergence of rock art. Millennia ago, our ancestors etched tales onto stone, laying the foundation for reading. Deciphering these symbols, they gained insights that shaped their lives. Today, platforms like https://besturdunovels.pk/ continue this legacy, offering a modern haven for those who seek knowledge. The evolution of reading is a timeless dance that connects us to our history and propels us toward a brighter future.

Awesome, i have really

Awesome, i have really enjoyed the concept. Actually, The reading is inseparable from the birth of writing, which stretches into antiquity, right up to the origin of rock paintings. The cradle of the development of reading can be considered the period of time when the first signs appeared on the stones, containing this or that information. Perhaps the ancient people, studying rock paintings and signs, received certain information, and using it, they received benefits, which served as an impetus for the development of reading https://kitabnagri.pk Anyways, thanks for sharing the nice piece of stuff with us.

I would also really like to get this if there is anywhere you possibly can. I saw them when they were in Louisville, Ky and I really liked that part. I love Save Me so it was really cool to hear.

I don't know, but I would love to find out! I had chills the entire time... once again, a few tears were shed.

That little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes now haunts me sometimes...

It's such a "haunting melody". Hate to use Brent's lyrics to describe Brent's lyrics, but it's all that seems to fit. He is such a lyrical genius.

does anyone know the meaning behingd the intro to save me on this tour? is there anywhere to purchase that intro song

[quote="romancerockstar"][color=indigo]At the House of Blues in New Orleans, Brent preceded Crow and the Butterfly by saying that it was the hardest song that he had ever written because it was about something that he prayed to God that the woman he loved with all his heart would never have to go through, and that he would never have to experience either. Then he specifically said that the song was about a mother and child.

BTW, I think it's my favorite song on SOM. I think... it's so hard to choose![/color][/quote]

that's wild when i listen to the song i just picture to best friends budding around "gettin high as outerspace" and one of them slipping away and they are gone before you even realize it. but, the mother and child thing is good to, since i have two boys raising them by myself.

p.s. july 13th i will more than likely shed a few tears myself when and if i hear it LIVE!!!!

It's interesting to read other people's interpretations and meanings.

[color=indigo]At the House of Blues in New Orleans, Brent preceded Crow and the Butterfly by saying that it was the hardest song that he had ever written because it was about something that he prayed to God that the woman he loved with all his heart would never have to go through, and that he would never have to experience either. Then he specifically said that the song was about a mother and child.

BTW, I think it's my favorite song on SOM. I think... it's so hard to choose![/color]

Brent explained the meaning of .45 in an interview awhile back. Said that the gun was a metaphor. The song is about "Getting comfortable in your skin when you look at a mirror". Said that Crow was about losing someone very close to you (I don't know if he ever explained who. Anyone know?) And "If You only knew" is a love song.

[quote="fenderguitars777"][quote="synneraboveall"]i take that as a yes!!!! :D[/quote]

of course

Let me tell you something about this game... it is not a game!"
-Famous quote from one of my school's old Chem teachers. he didnt even last a year.[/quote]

hehe...nice!!!!

[quote="pissdrippingfurburger"]Brent has said that "If You Only Knew" is about the son he just had. Or rather his girlfriend/wife (sorry I forget) just had. And I forget what "Crow" was supposed to be about. But I think it's your typical break-up/it's over song :)[/quote]

Yeah, his girlfriend.

And jt0323..I remember Brent saying that about 'Crow' in that video interview...OH YEAH..that's cause he talked about it when he answered my question...LOL

Brent has said that "If You Only Knew" is about the son he just had. Or rather his girlfriend/wife (sorry I forget) just had. And I forget what "Crow" was supposed to be about. But I think it's your typical break-up/it's over song :)

crow and the butterfly has to do with losing someone special to you, not necessarily a child, and if you only knew is a love song.