So I saw Alice today

• So I saw Alice today
    ARomaine

I knew they weren't going to have the soundtrack songs in the movie, but I went anyway just to see the movie. I went to the matinee IMAX 3D version of it, and I thought it was pretty decent for a PG rated Disney movie.

Visually, it was very nice to watch. The story was actually solid, but nothing new or surprising. As a Tim Burton movie though, it was on the lamer side. Like the only thing that was kinda dark or disturbing was the moat of faces that Alice had to cross. And while she was supposed to be 19, she totally looked 15, 16 or to quote my husband "I feel like I'd go to jail if I wanted to fantasize about her." Depp though of course had the best part, and he actually played the mad hatter rather well, giving it this whole Scottish feel to it. Although the vibe of him totally wanting Alice in that beyond platonic way was kinda odd. Oh, and Cheshire cat kicked ass.

Kicker was during the credits, they played the Avril Lavigne song. Really?!? That one??? To fix that, I played "her name is alice" as soon as we got back to the car. :wink:

So overall, it was nice, but it's nothing like Avatar or something that you need to rush out and see.

Submitted by ARomaine on
Forum category
Is pro
No

bobbette78

Sun, 03/07/2010 - 13:34

I went to see it yesterday too. I loved it, but my friends were a little disappointed, saying they 'expected more'. I guess I didn't have any real expectations about it. I loved the scenery, the costumes, the characters.

I agree that Alice did not look anywhere near 19.

And yeah, the Avril Lavigne song at the end? The SD song would have been soooo much better there....

I think it had far too much Johnny Depp as a main character. I did enjoy the Chesire Cat. But overall there was something missing for it to be a good movie to me.

Law Abiding Citizen however, is a far superior movie.

bobbette78

Mon, 03/08/2010 - 18:59

Too much Johnny Depp???? Impossible!!! (teasing of course) :lol:

Actually, talking to some other people who saw it...the whole hi def 3D thing might be becoming too much of a good thing. So many people saw how fake the spacing was between his teeth, how his lipstick was uneven, and even the fake contacts were distracting.

classicgirl821

Tue, 03/09/2010 - 09:11

[color=darkblue]So I was really excited to see the movie. We were going to go to Austin to see in 3D. Didn't make it this weekend and after hearing all the comments, not sure if I'm going to spend the time to go. I did buy the soundtrack...a few good songs but Her Name Is Alice obviously gets the most play. [/color]

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 03/09/2010 - 09:15

i have not seen it yet. I think I will end up seeing it but perhaps not in theaters maybe when it comes out i'll buy it for my wife. she is a huge johnny depp fan so i'm pretty sure she'll like it.

classicgirl821

Tue, 03/09/2010 - 09:22

[color=darkblue]Johnny Depp is 99% of why I want to see it.[/color]

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 03/09/2010 - 14:18

haha 99% huh, is there other 1% because of SD? lol.

It's like stumbling upon a symphony of visuals – high-resolution stock imagery that resonates with beauty https://depositphotos.com/vectors/dancer-silhouette.html dancer silhouette and precision. Each photo is a masterpiece on its own, and collectively they create a visual symphony that enhances the storytelling aspect of my projects. The impact of quality images on the viewer's experience is truly remarkable.

I knew they weren't going to have the soundtrack songs in the movie, but I went anyway just to see the movie. I went to the matinee IMAX 3D version of it, and I thought it was pretty decent for a PG rated Disney movie.

Visually, it was very nice to watch. The story was actually solid, but nothing new or surprising. As a Tim Burton movie though, it was on the lamer side. Like the only thing that was kinda dark or disturbing was the moat of faces that Alice had to cross. And while she was supposed to be 19, she totally looked 15, 16 or to quote my husband "I feel like I'd go to jail if I wanted to fantasize about her." Depp though of course had the best part, and he actually played the mad hatter rather well, giving it this whole Scottish feel to it. Although the vibe of him totally wanting Alice in that beyond platonic way was kinda odd. Oh, and Cheshire cat kicked ass.

Kicker was during the credits, they played the Avril Lavigne song. Really?!? That one??? To fix that, I played "her name is alice" as soon as we got back to the car. :wink:

So overall, it was nice, but it's nothing like Avatar or something that you need to rush out and see.

comments

images

It's like stumbling upon a symphony of visuals – high-resolution stock imagery that resonates with beauty https://depositphotos.com/vectors/dancer-silhouette.html dancer silhouette and precision. Each photo is a masterpiece on its own, and collectively they create a visual symphony that enhances the storytelling aspect of my projects. The impact of quality images on the viewer's experience is truly remarkable.

It would be great to watch…

This is a relevant article and information for me. Now I am writing a dissertation proposal and this turned out to be a difficult task for me. I decided to use research proposal writer help https://www.phdresearchproposal.org/ For me this is the best way to finish everything on time.

I remember this movie, it…

I remember this movie, it was one of my favourite moments back then.

haha 99% huh, is there other 1% because of SD? lol.

[color=darkblue]Johnny Depp is 99% of why I want to see it.[/color]

i have not seen it yet. I think I will end up seeing it but perhaps not in theaters maybe when it comes out i'll buy it for my wife. she is a huge johnny depp fan so i'm pretty sure she'll like it.

[color=darkblue]So I was really excited to see the movie. We were going to go to Austin to see in 3D. Didn't make it this weekend and after hearing all the comments, not sure if I'm going to spend the time to go. I did buy the soundtrack...a few good songs but Her Name Is Alice obviously gets the most play. [/color]

Actually, talking to some other people who saw it...the whole hi def 3D thing might be becoming too much of a good thing. So many people saw how fake the spacing was between his teeth, how his lipstick was uneven, and even the fake contacts were distracting.

Too much Johnny Depp???? Impossible!!! (teasing of course) :lol:

I think it had far too much Johnny Depp as a main character. I did enjoy the Chesire Cat. But overall there was something missing for it to be a good movie to me.

Law Abiding Citizen however, is a far superior movie.

I went to see it yesterday too. I loved it, but my friends were a little disappointed, saying they 'expected more'. I guess I didn't have any real expectations about it. I loved the scenery, the costumes, the characters.

I agree that Alice did not look anywhere near 19.

And yeah, the Avril Lavigne song at the end? The SD song would have been soooo much better there....