So damn mad...

• So damn mad...
    bigcurt

I have purchased my tickets for the Winston-Salem, NC show for months now through the fan club. I have been anxiously awaiting an e-mail about the meet and greet winners. Checking daily my e-mail, on the site..all that. Today, I finally got it. I was so excited I almost cried, told my dad he about had a heart attack. Then, only to find out the show has been canceled. Why? Why would someone do that to us? Send us the e-mails saying we got in the Meet and Greet and then cancel the show completely..what sense does that make? Now, it turns out the show has been canceled for two days and we STILL got the e-mail. I will not be joining Shinedown Nation again that is for sure if this is the way they treat us.

Curt

Submitted by bigcurt on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I feel your pain Curt, I am still waiting for my Shinedown Nation Package that I was suppose to receive mine a month or two ago.

This club definitely needs to be re-evaluated. The forums, the management, everything.

I have been waiting close to 2 months for my fan club package!! Also I haven't got a refund for the four tickets that I purchased for the show at the Millenium Center in Winston-Salem, NC.!! I am very mad and sad at the same time!! This isn't the way to treat your fans!! Shinedown needs to be aware and give an explanation for why the show was called off a week before!!

I can't take much more of this complete B.S.

Yay for admins not even reading posts before posting :P.

willdabeastfraz

Tue, 05/26/2009 - 12:10

[quote="bigcurt"]Yay for admins not even reading posts before posting :P.[/quote]
lol i think it's kind of funny... cause this site is almost exactly like the DDD site and they have admins who have their own names and actually get in on the chats... they are pretty cool people... i wonder if as this site grows... they will be more prone to enjoy our company... cause we's is cool peeps

crazyquinn03

Mon, 07/13/2009 - 14:28

stop complaining

dalamar_2

Mon, 07/13/2009 - 15:11

[quote="crazyquinn03"]stop complaining[/quote]

I don't know if that's an incomplete sentence, another way to get people's attention, or if it's a totally random joke, but from this end your comment feels awfully rude, Quinn.

Forums are made for the very purpose of having people share experiences - good or bad - on various topics. I, for one, am not impressed by the way Atlantic's site admin - or their contractors - handle this site, material and fan communications. I'm International Sales Director for the comapny I work for and, if I had handled my sales they way they handle us, the dedicated fans, we'd have filed under Chapter 11 a long time ago. It's not about the freebee's, the packages (that I've yet to recieve) or the poorly handled M&G we're reading of here, but about making the fan feeling uniquely involved in a community no longer anonymous until a show comes and we're suddenly 15,000 cheering.

Anyway, Atlantic, if you need tips on how to market your thing with us, you know where to find me.

What? Did you [i]really[/i] think I'd give it all away for free? You've taught me otherwise...

destiny453

Tue, 07/14/2009 - 15:34

Wow that is bad, i feel your pain! :( Speaking of packages, i got the rest of mine yesterday...i.e the sticker and the badge

crazyquinn03

Wed, 07/15/2009 - 18:20

[quote="dalamar"][quote="crazyquinn03"]stop complaining[/quote]

I don't know if that's an incomplete sentence, another way to get people's attention, or if it's a totally random joke, but from this end your comment feels awfully rude, Quinn.

Forums are made for the very purpose of having people share experiences - good or bad - on various topics. I, for one, am not impressed by the way Atlantic's site admin - or their contractors - handle this site, material and fan communications. I'm International Sales Director for the comapny I work for and, if I had handled my sales they way they handle us, the dedicated fans, we'd have filed under Chapter 11 a long time ago. It's not about the freebee's, the packages (that I've yet to recieve) or the poorly handled M&G we're reading of here, but about making the fan feeling uniquely involved in a community no longer anonymous until a show comes and we're suddenly 15,000 cheering.

Anyway, Atlantic, if you need tips on how to market your thing with us, you know where to find me.

What? Did you [i]really[/i] think I'd give it all away for free? You've taught me otherwise...[/quote]

thats fine but it just seemed like u r mad at the band and that isnt fair because they arent the ones sending you your things. sorry to offend you

dalamar_2

Thu, 07/16/2009 - 10:22

[quote="crazyquinn03"][quote="dalamar"][quote="crazyquinn03"]stop complaining[/quote]

What? Did you [i]really[/i] think I'd give it all away for free? You've taught me otherwise...[/quote]

thats fine but it just seemed like u r mad at the band and that isnt fair because they arent the ones sending you your things. sorry to offend you[/quote]

I've no idea on how you came to that conclusion. as much as I read and re-read my post, there's no implicit or explicit implication of the band whatsoever.

Look, I've been working in the entertainment industry since I was 14 years of age (I'm 38). I think I may have a global understanding of what is going on here. And, from this end, it feels like whomever Atlantic mandated to perform the Fan Club / Marketing / Merch. for Shinedown is already overwhelmed while the Fan Club' s bound to grow. They need to revisit their strategies and internal structure because it isn't seemless and smooth on our end. Read up on the many posts about the hiccups and some othe our own community's frustration: ovbviously, there's work to be done.

as for the rest: don't worry. It takes way more than that to offend me.

Tracy Dennis

Fri, 07/17/2009 - 16:40

CRAZY ,YOUR RIGHT IN THAT THE BAND ISNT AT FAULT, BUT THEY HAVE PEPS RUNIN THERE CLUB THAT I THINK ARE NOT REPRESENTIN THE BAND & FANS WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT. SOMEONE DOES NEED TO STEP IN AND TRULY RESPECT WHAT US FANS ARE SAYIN!!!!

Rita @ Brazil

Fri, 07/17/2009 - 21:48

Guys ... what's the point to keep this board here ? There is already a Shinedown message board ... and I couldn't even find time to check it all, and then I'm thinking that the same issues can be talking here and there ... why ? We are stronger unite as one , not split like this ... just didn't get it ... maybe for you it's not a big thing, since English is your first language , easy to read all the posts .. but ... well ... I'm realizing that it's hard to find extra time to search for stuff here and in that other board ... do the SD guys come here ? Because Z is always in the other board ... Well, just asking , since you are here longer than me !

destiny453

Sat, 07/18/2009 - 15:10

What's the other board Rita? :)

destiny453

Mon, 07/20/2009 - 09:00

No I didn't...oops lol....thanks :)

I have purchased my tickets for the Winston-Salem, NC show for months now through the fan club. I have been anxiously awaiting an e-mail about the meet and greet winners. Checking daily my e-mail, on the site..all that. Today, I finally got it. I was so excited I almost cried, told my dad he about had a heart attack. Then, only to find out the show has been canceled. Why? Why would someone do that to us? Send us the e-mails saying we got in the Meet and Greet and then cancel the show completely..what sense does that make? Now, it turns out the show has been canceled for two days and we STILL got the e-mail. I will not be joining Shinedown Nation again that is for sure if this is the way they treat us.

Curt

comments

No I didn't...oops lol....thanks :)

The official one !!!

[url]http://boards.atlanticrecords.com/artists/shinedown/forums[/url]

Don't you know it ?

What's the other board Rita? :)

Guys ... what's the point to keep this board here ? There is already a Shinedown message board ... and I couldn't even find time to check it all, and then I'm thinking that the same issues can be talking here and there ... why ? We are stronger unite as one , not split like this ... just didn't get it ... maybe for you it's not a big thing, since English is your first language , easy to read all the posts .. but ... well ... I'm realizing that it's hard to find extra time to search for stuff here and in that other board ... do the SD guys come here ? Because Z is always in the other board ... Well, just asking , since you are here longer than me !

CRAZY ,YOUR RIGHT IN THAT THE BAND ISNT AT FAULT, BUT THEY HAVE PEPS RUNIN THERE CLUB THAT I THINK ARE NOT REPRESENTIN THE BAND & FANS WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT. SOMEONE DOES NEED TO STEP IN AND TRULY RESPECT WHAT US FANS ARE SAYIN!!!!

[quote="crazyquinn03"][quote="dalamar"][quote="crazyquinn03"]stop complaining[/quote]

thats fine but it just seemed like u r mad at the band and that isnt fair because they arent the ones sending you your things. sorry to offend you[/quote]

I've no idea on how you came to that conclusion. as much as I read and re-read my post, there's no implicit or explicit implication of the band whatsoever.

Look, I've been working in the entertainment industry since I was 14 years of age (I'm 38). I think I may have a global understanding of what is going on here. And, from this end, it feels like whomever Atlantic mandated to perform the Fan Club / Marketing / Merch. for Shinedown is already overwhelmed while the Fan Club' s bound to grow. They need to revisit their strategies and internal structure because it isn't seemless and smooth on our end. Read up on the many posts about the hiccups and some othe our own community's frustration: ovbviously, there's work to be done.

as for the rest: don't worry. It takes way more than that to offend me.

[quote="dalamar"][quote="crazyquinn03"]stop complaining[/quote]

thats fine but it just seemed like u r mad at the band and that isnt fair because they arent the ones sending you your things. sorry to offend you

Wow that is bad, i feel your pain! :( Speaking of packages, i got the rest of mine yesterday...i.e the sticker and the badge

[quote="crazyquinn03"]stop complaining[/quote]

What? Did you [i]really[/i] think I'd give it all away for free? You've taught me otherwise...

stop complaining

[quote="bigcurt"]Yay for admins not even reading posts before posting :P.[/quote]
lol i think it's kind of funny... cause this site is almost exactly like the DDD site and they have admins who have their own names and actually get in on the chats... they are pretty cool people... i wonder if as this site grows... they will be more prone to enjoy our company... cause we's is cool peeps

Yay for admins not even reading posts before posting :P.

I can't take much more of this complete B.S.

Fan Club?!!! Winston-Salem concert??!!!

I have been waiting close to 2 months for my fan club package!! Also I haven't got a refund for the four tickets that I purchased for the show at the Millenium Center in Winston-Salem, NC.!! I am very mad and sad at the same time!! This isn't the way to treat your fans!! Shinedown needs to be aware and give an explanation for why the show was called off a week before!!

This club definitely needs to be re-evaluated. The forums, the management, everything.

I feel your pain Curt, I am still waiting for my Shinedown Nation Package that I was suppose to receive mine a month or two ago.