simple man????

• simple man????
    dragon23

I've noticed Simple Man isnt on any of the setlists and I was at a concert last night and they didnt play it then either... Any reason for that????

Submitted by dragon23 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

d_eicholz

Mon, 03/30/2009 - 20:44

[quote="dragon23"]I've noticed Simple Man isnt on any of the setlists and I was at a concert last night and they didnt play it then either... Any reason for that????[/quote]

i heard that they retired the song after one of the old band members left.

Yeah they won't be playing it any time soon, if ever again

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 03/31/2009 - 09:23

yup. same thing i've heard. they won't be playing it any more. the song is basically retired.

That's a bummer.... That is the first song of shinedowns i heard.... I knew where i was & what i was doing.... i fell in love with this band that moment of my life.... :shock:

Fiery Halo

Tue, 03/31/2009 - 18:32

Shinedowns version is much better though !!!!!

[quote="fiery_halo"]Shinedowns version is much better though !!!!![/quote]

I must agree... Brents voice rocks in this song!

Shinedown's version is by far better then skynard's. Brent and the acuostic kill the original

I was very fortunate to have seen them perform this song live. Jasin was on guitar and it was bad ass. Brent did a tribute to Dimebag before the song, was very emotional and touching.

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 04/01/2009 - 09:14

i was very lucky to see it as well. it was trully and inspriration to watch brent and jasin perform this song live. brought back alot of memories of dimebag and of my father who passed away when I was little.

destiny453

Wed, 04/01/2009 - 15:53

I would really have liked to have heard Simple Man aswell, oh well maybe in the future at some point :)

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 04/01/2009 - 16:03

yeah maybe. it's a great song. and brent's vocals make it sound even better.

I saw it in 2005 I believe and yeah its as good as everyone says it is.

destiny453

Thu, 04/02/2009 - 11:25

awww jealous of you man! Lol

I have to admit that it took me a while to get used to the SD version of Simple Man. I've been such a huge Skynyrd fan that I didn't think anybody could pull it off like them. But the SD version grew on me quickly and now it's one of my faves from them. :)

Because I grew up with LS, that version still just barely edges out the SD version for me. Nothing against Brent and the guys, they still do an amazing version of it....and it bums me that they don't perform it any more, but the original gives me shivers every time I hear it. It's my favorite song of all time. :)

synneraboveall

Thu, 04/02/2009 - 22:16

it's hard to beat the original version of any song...but Shinedown comes pretty damn close..I do have to say LS version is the best with SD's version...like 98% just as good. Has anyone heard the Deftones version...I think it SUCKS...I like the Deftones but it sucks!!!!!!

as for them ever playing it again....I would not hold my breathe cause I don't see a certain guitarist ever returning to SD and if he ever did...I still don't see them playing it cause that is prolly something of the past that does not want to be dealt with. just my thoughts and somewhat of what I've been told

SDMFmike_2

Fri, 04/03/2009 - 00:51

When I saw the guys in san diego, they told me that they will play it again, its just the spent so long on the sound of madness that they want to play as much new material as absolutely possible

d_eicholz

Fri, 04/03/2009 - 01:15

[quote="sdmfmike"]When I saw the guys in san diego, they told me that they will play it again, its just the spent so long on the sound of madness that they want to play as much new material as absolutely possible[/quote]

omg, that is awesome! thanks for the info =)

SDMFmike_2

Fri, 04/03/2009 - 01:20

No Worries Glad to be a help

[quote="sdmfmike"]No Worries Glad to be a help[/quote]
Oh my i would die to see this acoustic :oops:

SDMFmike_2

Fri, 04/03/2009 - 01:41

An Entire acoustic set would be effing amazing

[quote="sdmfmike"]An Entire acoustic set would be effing amazing[/quote]

Yeah it sure would be... Someday Someday.... i will make one of SD acoustic shows...THAT IS A MUST

SDMFmike_2

Fri, 04/03/2009 - 01:47

A couple of years back i went to i dimebag tribute concert(RIP) and jasin and brent did like 3-4 songs with jast an acoustic guitar and brents amazing vocals one of the best shows ive ever been to

http://www.zrock.com/zforum/about973.html

[quote="synneraboveall"]it's hard to beat the original version of any song...but Shinedown comes pretty damn close..I do have to say LS version is the best with SD's version...like 98% just as good. Has anyone heard the Deftones version...I think it SUCKS...I like the Deftones but it sucks!!!!!!

as for them ever playing it again....I would not hold my breathe cause I don't see a certain guitarist ever returning to SD and if he ever did...I still don't see them playing it cause that is prolly something of the past that does not want to be dealt with. just my thoughts and somewhat of what I've been told[/quote]

I haven't heard the Deftones version but I'm not a huge fan of their music.

Guess we'll just have to respect their wishes and be satisfied that two of the most awesome bands on the planet got their start in J'ville. :)

I've noticed Simple Man isnt on any of the setlists and I was at a concert last night and they didnt play it then either... Any reason for that????

comments

[quote="synneraboveall"]it's hard to beat the original version of any song...but Shinedown comes pretty damn close..I do have to say LS version is the best with SD's version...like 98% just as good. Has anyone heard the Deftones version...I think it SUCKS...I like the Deftones but it sucks!!!!!!

as for them ever playing it again....I would not hold my breathe cause I don't see a certain guitarist ever returning to SD and if he ever did...I still don't see them playing it cause that is prolly something of the past that does not want to be dealt with. just my thoughts and somewhat of what I've been told[/quote]

I haven't heard the Deftones version but I'm not a huge fan of their music.

Guess we'll just have to respect their wishes and be satisfied that two of the most awesome bands on the planet got their start in J'ville. :)

A couple of years back i went to i dimebag tribute concert(RIP) and jasin and brent did like 3-4 songs with jast an acoustic guitar and brents amazing vocals one of the best shows ive ever been to

http://www.zrock.com/zforum/about973.html

[quote="sdmfmike"]An Entire acoustic set would be effing amazing[/quote]

Yeah it sure would be... Someday Someday.... i will make one of SD acoustic shows...THAT IS A MUST

An Entire acoustic set would be effing amazing

[quote="sdmfmike"]No Worries Glad to be a help[/quote]
Oh my i would die to see this acoustic :oops:

No Worries Glad to be a help

Re: From what i heard

[quote="sdmfmike"]When I saw the guys in san diego, they told me that they will play it again, its just the spent so long on the sound of madness that they want to play as much new material as absolutely possible[/quote]

omg, that is awesome! thanks for the info =)

From what i heard

When I saw the guys in san diego, they told me that they will play it again, its just the spent so long on the sound of madness that they want to play as much new material as absolutely possible

it's hard to beat the original version of any song...but Shinedown comes pretty damn close..I do have to say LS version is the best with SD's version...like 98% just as good. Has anyone heard the Deftones version...I think it SUCKS...I like the Deftones but it sucks!!!!!!

as for them ever playing it again....I would not hold my breathe cause I don't see a certain guitarist ever returning to SD and if he ever did...I still don't see them playing it cause that is prolly something of the past that does not want to be dealt with. just my thoughts and somewhat of what I've been told

Because I grew up with LS, that version still just barely edges out the SD version for me. Nothing against Brent and the guys, they still do an amazing version of it....and it bums me that they don't perform it any more, but the original gives me shivers every time I hear it. It's my favorite song of all time. :)

I have to admit that it took me a while to get used to the SD version of Simple Man. I've been such a huge Skynyrd fan that I didn't think anybody could pull it off like them. But the SD version grew on me quickly and now it's one of my faves from them. :)

awww jealous of you man! Lol

I saw it in 2005 I believe and yeah its as good as everyone says it is.

yeah maybe. it's a great song. and brent's vocals make it sound even better.

I would really have liked to have heard Simple Man aswell, oh well maybe in the future at some point :)

i was very lucky to see it as well. it was trully and inspriration to watch brent and jasin perform this song live. brought back alot of memories of dimebag and of my father who passed away when I was little.

I was very fortunate to have seen them perform this song live. Jasin was on guitar and it was bad ass. Brent did a tribute to Dimebag before the song, was very emotional and touching.

Shinedown's version is by far better then skynard's. Brent and the acuostic kill the original

[quote="fiery_halo"]Shinedowns version is much better though !!!!![/quote]

I must agree... Brents voice rocks in this song!

Shinedowns version is much better though !!!!!

That's a bummer.... That is the first song of shinedowns i heard.... I knew where i was & what i was doing.... i fell in love with this band that moment of my life.... :shock:

yup. same thing i've heard. they won't be playing it any more. the song is basically retired.

Yeah they won't be playing it any time soon, if ever again

Re: simple man????

[quote="dragon23"]I've noticed Simple Man isnt on any of the setlists and I was at a concert last night and they didnt play it then either... Any reason for that????[/quote]

i heard that they retired the song after one of the old band members left.