shinedown on the undercard??

• shinedown on the undercard??
    kingownsyou

I got tickets to the shinedown show on september 19th in KC. I was very surprised to see that shinedown wasn't even printed on the ticket?? How they aren't headlining this show i can't even comprehend. The other bands are Buckcherry, Seether, Avenged Sevenfold, Saving Abel, and Theory of a Deadman. The first 3 bands there are on the ticket and on the ticketmaster website it lists shinedown as a supporting act. It just really blows my mind that these other bands are heading this show. I am excited to see them still but with them not being a headliner its going to be a shorter show :(

Submitted by kingownsyou on
Forum category
Is pro
No

synneraboveall

Wed, 08/20/2008 - 16:59

This was a tour put together kind of by A7X...they had asked Shinedown to tour with them and Buckcherry. So pretty much A7X chose the order in which the bands played. According to Brent..Shinedown will be playing right before Buckcherry and A7X. They will get like a 40 to 45 min set. But things may have changed. But they said they were excited about this tour cause it'll get them a little more exposure. I for one can't wait for this tour!!!!!

SDMFmike_2

Wed, 08/20/2008 - 19:43

I dont know how it is outside of california, but shinedown doesnt get much, If any radio play but bands like Avenged & Buckcherry are always on the radio

I am pumped they are playing before A7X and Buckcherry because i dont have to sit through that garbage to hear some real music and saving abel is pretty good imo. when SD isnt headlining they always, always steal the show

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Shinedown is so much better than A7X and Buckcherry...[/quote]

I agree. Shinedown get much more airplay here on Atlanta radio than A7X and Buckcherry.

synneraboveall

Fri, 08/22/2008 - 22:48

This tour really ain't about who's better...it's more about Shinedown getting more exposure. I think they are better than both bands but this tour is great for them to expand their fan base.

beckielou25

Tue, 08/26/2008 - 07:50

I agree .... and since A7X and Buckcherry are always on the radio it means there fans are the ones calling and requesting all the time ... so if those people are exposed to a live shinedown show (which all of us know will blow the rest off the stage) then hopefully these people will fall in love with SD too and start requesting them over the other bands!

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 08/26/2008 - 22:20

I don't know, anyone who likes the song "Bat Country" may not get songs like "45" and "The Crow and the Butterfly"...Shinedown might win those fans over with kick ass music, but then there'll be a bunch of people trying to tell real Shinedown fans that "45" is about suicide.

kingownsyou

Tue, 08/26/2008 - 23:06

im not so sure that the people who like a band as awful as a7x deserve to like shinedown :(

synneraboveall

Wed, 08/27/2008 - 01:34

[quote="kingownsyou"]im not so sure that the people who like a band as awful as a7x deserve to like shinedown :([/quote]

I love A7X...not as much as I love Shinedown...but I think their music is still good. You can't judge someone just by the music you listen to. The music doesn't make the person...the person makes the person. So why judge someone just for their music....that is not right. Shinedown didn't have to join this tour they choose to cause they knew they would get a different group of fans than they were used to. You wanna argue about the fact that they joined this tour...why don't you take up with them yourself...go ahead...tell Brent he made a mistake joining this tour. He knew exactly what he was doing..so stop complaining..PLEASE!!!!!!

kingownsyou

Wed, 08/27/2008 - 01:52

i never said they shouldn't of joined the tour. my point that i apparently did a bad job at making clear was that in my opinion they should be higher up on the card meh :\

synneraboveall

Wed, 08/27/2008 - 16:39

Well A7X and Buckcherry had already joined together for the tour and then A7X asked Shinedown to join...they couldn't be placed on the tour and just automatically be placed as the headliner. When you join another bands tour your not gonna be place as headliner that other band is gonna be headliner.

AllAmericanDan1

Thu, 08/28/2008 - 17:52

This is a blessing in disguise, anyone who goes to the show can see Shinedown relatively early and can leave fashionably early. I went to see 3DG and Breaking Benjamin when Nickelback was the headliner and left before Nickelback could take the stage. Granted Buckcherry and Avenged Sevenfold are nowhere near as awful as Nickelback, seeing any band after Shinedown is a bit of a let down.

Example: The K Rockathon: Shinedown was awesome, but when Seether and then 3DG took the stage I couldn't help but insult their entire act...even though Seether was much better than 3DG, and I don't even like Seether.

angel_9222

Fri, 09/12/2008 - 00:53

I'm going to be seeing this on Sunday... So SD is the 3rd to the last band to play? Well, that's what I

Shinedown should be moved up in the order now...

per Tunelabs:

[quote]Avenged Sevenfold have canceled the rest of their fall tour due to vocalist M. Shadows needing to rest his vocal chords. The band will be off the road until they resume on October 15th in Osaka, Japan.

The bands previously announced co-headlining tour with Buckcherry will continue as scheduled with Buckcherry now headlining all dates.[/quote]

synneraboveall

Fri, 09/12/2008 - 11:20

[quote="buddha213"]Shinedown should be moved up in the order now...

per Tunelabs:

[quote]Avenged Sevenfold have canceled the rest of their fall tour due to vocalist M. Shadows needing to rest his vocal chords. The band will be off the road until they resume on October 15th in Osaka, Japan.

The bands previously announced co-headlining tour with Buckcherry will continue as scheduled with Buckcherry now headlining all dates.[/quote][/quote]

DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!!! I really wanted to A7X!!!! I've been wanting to see them for like 2yrs now...this BLOWS!!!!! But at least I might get to see Shinedown again..lol

AllAmericanDan1

Thu, 09/18/2008 - 20:04

Now there is absolutely no excuse for Shinedown not to be the headliner. I could understand (not condone, understand!) Avenged Sevenfold headlining over Shinedown, but Buckcherry headlining over Shinedown makes as much sense as the president's speeches. Yes, I know they signed onto the tour before Shinedown, but Buckcherry has how many songs? 2? Shinedown will blow Buckcherry out of the water, I'm just upset they don't get to do that to Avenged Sevenfold.

jschell10

Thu, 09/18/2008 - 20:52

shinedown is way better than buckcherry, but they will also be promoting there new cd, and that is why they are headlining!

I'm goin to the Lacrosse show on Nov. 16th. Hopefully someone will post a set list by then so I'll know how long Shinedown gets on stage. I heard A7X is good live. Afterlife rocks. This will be a diverse audience.

I went to the show lastnight and SD was awesome of course. They played a couple songs from LAW, UAT and TSOM. Saving Abel was decent live but the crowd wasnt really into them but they went crazy for SD. I Left after them because i cant stand Buckcherry. They played l\like 8 or 9 songs but it went so fast it didnt feel like it

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="buddha213"]Shinedown should be moved up in the order now...

per Tunelabs:

The bands previously announced co-headlining tour with Buckcherry will continue as scheduled with Buckcherry now headlining all dates.[/quote][/quote]

DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!!! I really wanted to A7X!!!! I've been wanting to see them for like 2yrs now...this BLOWS!!!!! But at least I might get to see Shinedown again..lol[/quote]

You should come to MI. And then we can go to Ohio and get Tracy to come too.

Oh yeah and can't forget about Mike.

hollydoll

Mon, 09/29/2008 - 17:23

Shinedown played with Buckcherry at the 93x Fest in Memphis 2 days ago. But Shinedown was the headliner. Buckcherry played right before them. Sevendust (WAY better than Buckcherry) was before that. Kick ass show! :-)

I got tickets to the shinedown show on september 19th in KC. I was very surprised to see that shinedown wasn't even printed on the ticket?? How they aren't headlining this show i can't even comprehend. The other bands are Buckcherry, Seether, Avenged Sevenfold, Saving Abel, and Theory of a Deadman. The first 3 bands there are on the ticket and on the ticketmaster website it lists shinedown as a supporting act. It just really blows my mind that these other bands are heading this show. I am excited to see them still but with them not being a headliner its going to be a shorter show :(

comments

Shinedown played with Buckcherry at the 93x Fest in Memphis 2 days ago. But Shinedown was the headliner. Buckcherry played right before them. Sevendust (WAY better than Buckcherry) was before that. Kick ass show! :-)

Oh yeah and can't forget about Mike.

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="buddha213"]Shinedown should be moved up in the order now...

per Tunelabs:

DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!!! I really wanted to A7X!!!! I've been wanting to see them for like 2yrs now...this BLOWS!!!!! But at least I might get to see Shinedown again..lol[/quote]

You should come to MI. And then we can go to Ohio and get Tracy to come too.

I went to the show lastnight and SD was awesome of course. They played a couple songs from LAW, UAT and TSOM. Saving Abel was decent live but the crowd wasnt really into them but they went crazy for SD. I Left after them because i cant stand Buckcherry. They played l\like 8 or 9 songs but it went so fast it didnt feel like it

Set Lists

I'm goin to the Lacrosse show on Nov. 16th. Hopefully someone will post a set list by then so I'll know how long Shinedown gets on stage. I heard A7X is good live. Afterlife rocks. This will be a diverse audience.

shinedown is way better than buckcherry, but they will also be promoting there new cd, and that is why they are headlining!

Now there is absolutely no excuse for Shinedown not to be the headliner. I could understand (not condone, understand!) Avenged Sevenfold headlining over Shinedown, but Buckcherry headlining over Shinedown makes as much sense as the president's speeches. Yes, I know they signed onto the tour before Shinedown, but Buckcherry has how many songs? 2? Shinedown will blow Buckcherry out of the water, I'm just upset they don't get to do that to Avenged Sevenfold.

[quote="buddha213"]Shinedown should be moved up in the order now...

per Tunelabs:

DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!!! I really wanted to A7X!!!! I've been wanting to see them for like 2yrs now...this BLOWS!!!!! But at least I might get to see Shinedown again..lol

Shinedown should be moved up in the order now...

per Tunelabs:

The bands previously announced co-headlining tour with Buckcherry will continue as scheduled with Buckcherry now headlining all dates.[/quote]

I'm going to be seeing this on Sunday... So SD is the 3rd to the last band to play? Well, that's what I

This is a blessing in disguise, anyone who goes to the show can see Shinedown relatively early and can leave fashionably early. I went to see 3DG and Breaking Benjamin when Nickelback was the headliner and left before Nickelback could take the stage. Granted Buckcherry and Avenged Sevenfold are nowhere near as awful as Nickelback, seeing any band after Shinedown is a bit of a let down.

Example: The K Rockathon: Shinedown was awesome, but when Seether and then 3DG took the stage I couldn't help but insult their entire act...even though Seether was much better than 3DG, and I don't even like Seether.

Well A7X and Buckcherry had already joined together for the tour and then A7X asked Shinedown to join...they couldn't be placed on the tour and just automatically be placed as the headliner. When you join another bands tour your not gonna be place as headliner that other band is gonna be headliner.

i never said they shouldn't of joined the tour. my point that i apparently did a bad job at making clear was that in my opinion they should be higher up on the card meh :\

[quote="kingownsyou"]im not so sure that the people who like a band as awful as a7x deserve to like shinedown :([/quote]

I love A7X...not as much as I love Shinedown...but I think their music is still good. You can't judge someone just by the music you listen to. The music doesn't make the person...the person makes the person. So why judge someone just for their music....that is not right. Shinedown didn't have to join this tour they choose to cause they knew they would get a different group of fans than they were used to. You wanna argue about the fact that they joined this tour...why don't you take up with them yourself...go ahead...tell Brent he made a mistake joining this tour. He knew exactly what he was doing..so stop complaining..PLEASE!!!!!!

im not so sure that the people who like a band as awful as a7x deserve to like shinedown :(

I don't know, anyone who likes the song "Bat Country" may not get songs like "45" and "The Crow and the Butterfly"...Shinedown might win those fans over with kick ass music, but then there'll be a bunch of people trying to tell real Shinedown fans that "45" is about suicide.

I agree .... and since A7X and Buckcherry are always on the radio it means there fans are the ones calling and requesting all the time ... so if those people are exposed to a live shinedown show (which all of us know will blow the rest off the stage) then hopefully these people will fall in love with SD too and start requesting them over the other bands!

This tour really ain't about who's better...it's more about Shinedown getting more exposure. I think they are better than both bands but this tour is great for them to expand their fan base.

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Shinedown is so much better than A7X and Buckcherry...[/quote]

I agree. Shinedown get much more airplay here on Atlanta radio than A7X and Buckcherry.

I am pumped they are playing before A7X and Buckcherry because i dont have to sit through that garbage to hear some real music and saving abel is pretty good imo. when SD isnt headlining they always, always steal the show

I dont know how it is outside of california, but shinedown doesnt get much, If any radio play but bands like Avenged & Buckcherry are always on the radio

This was a tour put together kind of by A7X...they had asked Shinedown to tour with them and Buckcherry. So pretty much A7X chose the order in which the bands played. According to Brent..Shinedown will be playing right before Buckcherry and A7X. They will get like a 40 to 45 min set. But things may have changed. But they said they were excited about this tour cause it'll get them a little more exposure. I for one can't wait for this tour!!!!!