Shinedown/ staind

• Shinedown/ staind
    djmarkt55

I think that Shinedown is a much better band than staind, they should be headlining instead. What do you think?

Submitted by djmarkt55 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

fistfullofflowers

Sat, 08/15/2009 - 13:09

okay shinedown and staind are both great. i truthfully love shinedown A LOT more than staind. but i'm pretty sure that it was aaron lewis from staind's idea. so i think that since it was aaron lewis's idea.. staind should headline the tour.

I would have to agree. I am going to see the show Aug 27th and I am mos def going to see Shinedown, Staind is a bonus I guess. They both really rock, but I am partial to my fav band!!! lorilee

destiny453

Sun, 08/16/2009 - 12:00

I saw Staind with Seether when they came to the UK in January...and I love Staind, but I just don't think Aaron had much interest in being there :(

I was at a show a few nights ago and after Shinedown it just seemed like Staind was kind of boring. We left about 2 or 3 songs into their set though so maybe it got better?

destiny453

Mon, 08/17/2009 - 07:26

Yeah they have good songs but not much stage presence I don't think.

I respect Staind for their music. But as showmen? Nah. Not even close to the Shinedown stage experience. In fact, every pic I took of the Staind set has Aaron in the exact same pose each time, an angst-ridden face, emoting into the mike. Dull, if you ask me.

We left after a few songs too - but I understand they played Mudshovel last, which I would have liked to hear live. Not worth staying through the other songs to hear it though. I got it on my ipod, so... will listen to them that way.

Yes, this is Staind's tour, so Shinedown are happy to be on it. But - I am super-happy-joy-joy that we will get to see Shinedown as headliners in a few weeks! Them's my boys!

fistfullofflowers

Mon, 08/17/2009 - 17:47

i love the song mudshovel!

destiny453

Mon, 08/17/2009 - 18:20

Yeah I agree, seems like he is the same all around the world then...which is a same cos I thought the guitar player was really energetic and wanted to be jumping around :)

[quote="destiny453"]Yeah they have good songs but not much stage presence I don't think.[/quote]

I love Staind. I've been a fan of theirs since the beginning and have seen them a few times and have loved them each time so I can't really bad mouth them. That being said, you can't argue with the fact that Shinedown tends to steal the show with their great stage presence and showmanship. They certainly did when I saw them.

Will Shinedown have the orchestration and stuff for the shows with Staind as the headliner, or is it pared down? Has anyone heard about dates for the Shinedown headliner in the Chicago/midwest area?

I think that Shinedown is a much better band than staind, they should be headlining instead. What do you think?

comments

Will Shinedown have the orchestration and stuff for the shows with Staind as the headliner, or is it pared down? Has anyone heard about dates for the Shinedown headliner in the Chicago/midwest area?

[quote="destiny453"]Yeah they have good songs but not much stage presence I don't think.[/quote]

I love Staind. I've been a fan of theirs since the beginning and have seen them a few times and have loved them each time so I can't really bad mouth them. That being said, you can't argue with the fact that Shinedown tends to steal the show with their great stage presence and showmanship. They certainly did when I saw them.

Yeah I agree, seems like he is the same all around the world then...which is a same cos I thought the guitar player was really energetic and wanted to be jumping around :)

i love the song mudshovel!

I respect Staind for their music. But as showmen? Nah. Not even close to the Shinedown stage experience. In fact, every pic I took of the Staind set has Aaron in the exact same pose each time, an angst-ridden face, emoting into the mike. Dull, if you ask me.

We left after a few songs too - but I understand they played Mudshovel last, which I would have liked to hear live. Not worth staying through the other songs to hear it though. I got it on my ipod, so... will listen to them that way.

Yes, this is Staind's tour, so Shinedown are happy to be on it. But - I am super-happy-joy-joy that we will get to see Shinedown as headliners in a few weeks! Them's my boys!

Yeah they have good songs but not much stage presence I don't think.

I was at a show a few nights ago and after Shinedown it just seemed like Staind was kind of boring. We left about 2 or 3 songs into their set though so maybe it got better?

I saw Staind with Seether when they came to the UK in January...and I love Staind, but I just don't think Aaron had much interest in being there :(

Staind/Shinedown

I would have to agree. I am going to see the show Aug 27th and I am mos def going to see Shinedown, Staind is a bonus I guess. They both really rock, but I am partial to my fav band!!! lorilee

okay shinedown and staind are both great. i truthfully love shinedown A LOT more than staind. but i'm pretty sure that it was aaron lewis from staind's idea. so i think that since it was aaron lewis's idea.. staind should headline the tour.