Shinedown Nation Family Reunion

• Shinedown Nation Family Reunion
    luvmy3

'Gets on soap box, and taps microphone' "Can everyone hear me?" Okay good, so while talking on twitter last night with LadySoDevine and ValerieJ, we all got to talking about how great it would be to have a reunion where we could all come together as a group. Details have not been decided on yet but discussions have begun. Very possibly sometime this spring and possibly in Memphis or Nashville TN, there will be a SHINEDOWN NATION reunion. As decisions and plans are made this thread will be updated, so that everyone knows what is going on. Also please if you want to come and join us in the reunion please post on here. We hope to get a possible idea of just how many people we will be dealing with. Hopefully this will all work out and come to be, I have faith in this and our planning skills and the love of all the family on here. So hopefully sometime next year we will all be getting together.

Submitted by luvmy3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

brandyjohns@ho…

Sun, 06/20/2010 - 02:10

I think it's a wonderful idea. And we would love to see everyone there! So again please let us all know if you are interested. We love all of our Shinedown Nation family and want to meet everyone! So we'll start planning and keep you updated.

Honestly...it will come down to the details. We'd love to come and meet everyone, but if it's during when we're moving, then it'd be tough or something like that.

[quote="aromaine"]Honestly...it will come down to the details. We'd love to come and meet everyone, but if it's during when we're moving, then it'd be tough or something like that.[/quote]

No hard details have been decided on or made as of yet, but it will most likely be some time next year in April or May possibly.

randomsunkist17

Sun, 06/20/2010 - 14:17

It depends for me since I'll either be in school or working.

brandyjohns@ho…

Sun, 06/20/2010 - 16:25

It will be sometime in April or May, so hopefully you'll be able to be there!

ShinedownChica

Sun, 06/20/2010 - 18:16

Hopefully could come, but unlikely between high school and convincing my dad =(

dalamar_2

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 18:52

Actually, other members of SDN are working on that project as well (me and some others). We hadn't said anything thus far because we didn't want to create a buzz around something that may not happen. But, now that it's kinda out =)...

I'm currently in discussion with SD's management and we're looking into several venues & dates so that we could match a SDN family reunion along with an SD performance or private~ish performance / appearance. Keep in mind that this isn't a must, but that would be a plus. The guys need their breaks too.

Without going deeper into the project for now, mainly because most details aren't worked out, the bullet points looked somewhat like this:

a) October - Pre-Thanksgiving November date. That's an in between holiday period which brings down plane tickets and hotel rooms to minimal prices.
b) A Central USA meeting point ~ Memphis is good, but Las Vegas is also an option. I thought of doing it here (Montreal, Canada) because it would cost half of what it'd cost anywhere else in North America, but since many of you are from the US and don't have a passport... It also needs to be in a town where I have contacts in show biz related businesses. It'll make for cheap rentals of lights, audio, catering, tents, venues, etc...etc..
c) A Non-Unioned venue, to keep costs down and not to run into Union problems. Been there, done that, no thanks.
d) A pre-booked show: keeps costs down to a minimum to us while a producer selling tickets can off-set some of it on general admission
e) An exclusive SDN Event, such as a Lunch + M&G.

Does that make any sense so far?

That's where I am at. I'll help out on the project, if need be. We could combine efforts. =)

fistfullofflowers

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 19:31

i like Memphis... = ]

brandyjohns@ho…

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 20:03

Now that might be a really good idea dalamar. It seems you've done as much research as we have so far. But our idea was to invite the guys and not ask them to play. We just want to hang out. We don't want them thinking they have to work or anything. It would just be us hanging out and getting to know one another. But great idea I'll pass that along.

I would like to attend something like that.I'm sure they would love the NATION putting their own thing together.Even if its just a weekend get together at a small park or venue.Count me in.

bobbette78

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 21:26

Yay Dal! Would be great to get together and see our boys in action at the same time. 8)

dalamar_2

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 22:49

@ Miss B. : Well, for once I could see a "good "SD show, not the crap we had in Springfield.

@ Jay. : Post #1. welcome to the crazy bandwagon.

@ Valeriej: Asking the guys to "come and hang out" is going to cost as much as a private accoustic show might (4+ management, close retenue and usual travel companions) and is downright prohibitive. It was my first option, but when I looked at the band's rate and such, our break-even (no one is looking into making money here) would be cataclisically high and would kill the project before it began, hence the second best option of grafting the GT (get together) to an existing tour date / venue. It also has the advantage of not killing yet another break day for the guys, who need to be off the road...

@ Themindisaweapon: I like Memphis too. Not sure if it'll happen tho, as it is one of the costliest town to make a show. We'll see.

randomsunkist17

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 22:58

Memphis would work for me. Great idea Dal, which reminds me...Bobbette! Dal got out of your basement again!

bobbette78

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 23:06

LOL! Damn you, Dal - back to the basement!! **swinging the whip over my head** :twisted:

dalamar_2

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 23:10

Nooooo !!!! Not the whip AGAIN !?? *sigh*

aaaaaaall right.

At least don't tighten the cuffs so much, I need to wiggle my hands a bit for the circulation to be somewhat normal. Besides, you like the wiggling so much....

bobbette78

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 23:18

Ooooooooooh yeah, love the wiggling, and not just the hands..... :twisted:

Whoops, think the family reunion thread got a teensy bit off-topic.....

randomsunkist17

Mon, 06/21/2010 - 23:19

Lol, why wouldn't that surprise me. XD

fistfullofflowers

Tue, 06/22/2010 - 01:23

if this is able to happen we're seeing this in the fall, right?

shinedownjunkie45

Tue, 06/22/2010 - 09:22

hey dal been out of contact with you for a while. but all of the bullet points sound good to me. i would definately be down for that. either way whether it is a show or just hanging back with the guys it would be great to around family. dal your very knowledgeable in this area so I'll leave it in your hands count me in for anything you might need. Not sure what I can be of help in but I'll do my best if you do need any help.

dalamar_2

Tue, 06/22/2010 - 20:59

To those that say "I don't come here anymore", here's my answer.

137 days on business trip since August 2009. For the first time since Feb. I will have had 2 consecutive weekends at home and I will not have slept at least one day in two weeks in a Marriott.

Beat that with a stick.

ShinedownChica

Tue, 06/22/2010 - 21:12

these ideas sound really cool

and where did the dal in bobbettes basement joke come from? ive seen it before, but dont know how this started... was curious...

dalamar_2

Tue, 06/22/2010 - 22:36

[quote="twilight123450"]these ideas sound really cool

and where did the dal in bobbettes basement joke come from? ive seen it before, but dont know how this started... was curious...[/quote]

It's not a joke. She's an evil seductress with a temper, holding me prisonner as best she can in a dungeon she built underneath her house, with a spoon and a bucket. Yes, she's patient and dedicated, hence the climaxing point in torture she makes me endure daily. She only allows my presence upon these forums so I can warn the world to avoid her house entire, lest one wants to live pinned to a pole, chained up in the air, naked and bleeding from whip abuse.

Thank God it's only kinky the first time....

(mmm wait. Is this forum s'posed to be PG somethin'?)

ShinedownChica

Tue, 06/22/2010 - 23:08

lmfao dal! thats frikkin hilarious! (no offense) haha and if its sposed to be PG oh fuckin well... fuck it!

bobbette78

Wed, 06/23/2010 - 00:37

[quote="dalamar"]
Beat that with a stick.[/quote]

Beat what with a stick? 'Cause I know how you like it, you naughty boy!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 06/23/2010 - 09:25

lmao things really escalate quite quickly on here. :twisted:

randomsunkist17

Wed, 06/23/2010 - 13:54

LOL Oh jeez you guys are a trip. I love getting on here and reading these and laughing my butt off.

dalamar_2

Wed, 06/23/2010 - 16:01

I wish things "escalated" here... I wouldn't be underground so much...

Miss B.... or rather, MISTRESS B. : Beat... well... you know? THAT... with a stick... you know?

with.. well, THAT stick too.

Meeeooow and raaawr much, Mmmm ? :)

OMG you guys are hilarious! :twisted:

What has Shinedown created?

dalamar_2

Wed, 06/23/2010 - 18:19

[quote="jayrbk1"]What has Shinedown created?[/quote]

Coming from a guy who lives in a town called Kiss Me? I thought you would know! :)

'Gets on soap box, and taps microphone' "Can everyone hear me?" Okay good, so while talking on twitter last night with LadySoDevine and ValerieJ, we all got to talking about how great it would be to have a reunion where we could all come together as a group. Details have not been decided on yet but discussions have begun. Very possibly sometime this spring and possibly in Memphis or Nashville TN, there will be a SHINEDOWN NATION reunion. As decisions and plans are made this thread will be updated, so that everyone knows what is going on. Also please if you want to come and join us in the reunion please post on here. We hope to get a possible idea of just how many people we will be dealing with. Hopefully this will all work out and come to be, I have faith in this and our planning skills and the love of all the family on here. So hopefully sometime next year we will all be getting together.

comments

None that I know of... but it's not like we can't write in French here: I'm fairly confident no one would mind. I just chose to go English because the goal of a board is to share with all involved and creating a barrier with language seemed contrary to that goal...

... and there's the slight issue that I'd be writing to myself, at least up until you came.

i understand dal. alone time is always good.

Thanks, friends. It's appreciated. But, this needs to be dealt with by myself and I should be back in a few days.

hope things get better soon dal. take all the time you need and if you need your Sd nation fam were all here for ya.

Sorry to hear that Dal. Completely understand. Take care of what you need and know that we're here if you need us. And plus, just the idea of the get together is great.

Sounds like it would be fun - I met so many great people on the cruise I know will be lifelong friends and would be nice to meet more! Too bad the guys won't have any shows we could plan this around :cry: Of course if this get together happens and you need an "official" photographer, I'm your gal! :wink:

Wow sorry to hear that dal hopefully some SD tunes can get u feeling better

sorry... needed to take some time off from the computer for a little while.

No funny puns intended (we'll get back to that sooner than later), my little world has been turned and churned upside down last week and I need time off to hate the world for a while. I should be back in a better mood soon, and back on the project.

Peace out.

lmao you guys are hilarious!!! I am in for the get together, as long as i have enough notice!

i heard from a credible source that dalamar gets rewarded for good behavior and ahem (clears throat) good performances with computer time. I think he's been cashing in on this allotted computer usage time that is how he has been able to log onto the nation to converse with us. Did I get that right dal?

definately this reunion/union of the Sd nation family is really cool and I hope it happpens.

i think he has stuff in her basement again :lol:

Haha, Dalamar, here I was all tired of travelling for 2 weeks, I can't imagine that long for travelling, but you all are hilarious. It's great to come back and just sit and read all of this after the break.

And the whole thing about a reunion...although, wouldn't a reunion mean we've met each other at one point...would it be a union then...anyway, it really sounds cool and I am pushing it higher up on my priorities. The only issue might be we are in the UK for 2 weeks in Oct/Nov.

I think we can all agree that almsot all of us feel like family on here. I know I consider the people I talk to on SDN family, and I love everyone of you. Very excitecd for this weekdn as I get to meet LadySoDevine. very much looking forward to that. Also meet Stacy Gardell and Karcilee, not sure what their screen names on SDN are, those are their twitter handels.

any time tony yoda =) you know its true and yes dalamar... other than gettin hurt, thats a specialty of mine... which is why the juggalos sometimes make fun of me.... hahaha

Share the love! :)

thanks kristen i appreciate that.

we love you tony yodaaaaaaaa and everyone else tooooo =P

wow. during my last semester of university work this place sure helped out alot during the tough times. great peeps on here.

i talk to people here more than the people in my house... no lie =P

indeed i've found a second home on here.

yeah dude... this place like became my life when i joined a few months ago, so im with ya on that!

Well ok I have been a SD fan for years and been on the SD.com alot,but am new to the nation.Ill tell you what,since I joined its actually addicting and fun.

haha that is so very true dal we do go way back on here and yeah i'll get on that thanks me numero uno. :twisted:

Oh, and, Tony? You're 46 Posts short of #1.

Hint.

:twisted:

Oh... and it's just the beginning.

See, Bobbette, Siouxi, SDJunkie45, Ladysodevine, allamericandan, and a few more of us go way, way back in here...

there are a few tricks left in our bags (hold.. hold.. ho... dammit! I went there prematurely, didn't I?) that have yet to come to life in these forums.

Entertainment is on the way, so sit back, put some music on, grab the popcorn (or a box of Kleenex®) and.... enjoy! =)

lmfao! i fuckin love you guys!

[quote="jayrbk1"]What has Shinedown created?[/quote]

Coming from a guy who lives in a town called Kiss Me? I thought you would know! :)

What has Shinedown created?

OMG you guys are hilarious! :twisted:

I wish things "escalated" here... I wouldn't be underground so much...

Miss B.... or rather, MISTRESS B. : Beat... well... you know? THAT... with a stick... you know?

with.. well, THAT stick too.

Meeeooow and raaawr much, Mmmm ? :)

LOL Oh jeez you guys are a trip. I love getting on here and reading these and laughing my butt off.

lmao things really escalate quite quickly on here. :twisted:

[quote="dalamar"]
Beat that with a stick.[/quote]

Beat what with a stick? 'Cause I know how you like it, you naughty boy!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

lmfao dal! thats frikkin hilarious! (no offense) haha and if its sposed to be PG oh fuckin well... fuck it!

[quote="twilight123450"]these ideas sound really cool

and where did the dal in bobbettes basement joke come from? ive seen it before, but dont know how this started... was curious...[/quote]

It's not a joke. She's an evil seductress with a temper, holding me prisonner as best she can in a dungeon she built underneath her house, with a spoon and a bucket. Yes, she's patient and dedicated, hence the climaxing point in torture she makes me endure daily. She only allows my presence upon these forums so I can warn the world to avoid her house entire, lest one wants to live pinned to a pole, chained up in the air, naked and bleeding from whip abuse.

Thank God it's only kinky the first time....

(mmm wait. Is this forum s'posed to be PG somethin'?)

these ideas sound really cool

and where did the dal in bobbettes basement joke come from? ive seen it before, but dont know how this started... was curious...

To those that say "I don't come here anymore", here's my answer.

137 days on business trip since August 2009. For the first time since Feb. I will have had 2 consecutive weekends at home and I will not have slept at least one day in two weeks in a Marriott.

Beat that with a stick.

hey dal been out of contact with you for a while. but all of the bullet points sound good to me. i would definately be down for that. either way whether it is a show or just hanging back with the guys it would be great to around family. dal your very knowledgeable in this area so I'll leave it in your hands count me in for anything you might need. Not sure what I can be of help in but I'll do my best if you do need any help.

if this is able to happen we're seeing this in the fall, right?

Lol, why wouldn't that surprise me. XD

Ooooooooooh yeah, love the wiggling, and not just the hands..... :twisted:

Whoops, think the family reunion thread got a teensy bit off-topic.....

Nooooo !!!! Not the whip AGAIN !?? *sigh*

aaaaaaall right.

At least don't tighten the cuffs so much, I need to wiggle my hands a bit for the circulation to be somewhat normal. Besides, you like the wiggling so much....

LOL! Damn you, Dal - back to the basement!! **swinging the whip over my head** :twisted:

Memphis would work for me. Great idea Dal, which reminds me...Bobbette! Dal got out of your basement again!

@ Miss B. : Well, for once I could see a "good "SD show, not the crap we had in Springfield.

@ Jay. : Post #1. welcome to the crazy bandwagon.

@ Valeriej: Asking the guys to "come and hang out" is going to cost as much as a private accoustic show might (4+ management, close retenue and usual travel companions) and is downright prohibitive. It was my first option, but when I looked at the band's rate and such, our break-even (no one is looking into making money here) would be cataclisically high and would kill the project before it began, hence the second best option of grafting the GT (get together) to an existing tour date / venue. It also has the advantage of not killing yet another break day for the guys, who need to be off the road...

@ Themindisaweapon: I like Memphis too. Not sure if it'll happen tho, as it is one of the costliest town to make a show. We'll see.

Yay Dal! Would be great to get together and see our boys in action at the same time. 8)

I would like to attend something like that.I'm sure they would love the NATION putting their own thing together.Even if its just a weekend get together at a small park or venue.Count me in.

Now that might be a really good idea dalamar. It seems you've done as much research as we have so far. But our idea was to invite the guys and not ask them to play. We just want to hang out. We don't want them thinking they have to work or anything. It would just be us hanging out and getting to know one another. But great idea I'll pass that along.

i like Memphis... = ]

Actually, other members of SDN are working on that project as well (me and some others). We hadn't said anything thus far because we didn't want to create a buzz around something that may not happen. But, now that it's kinda out =)...

I'm currently in discussion with SD's management and we're looking into several venues & dates so that we could match a SDN family reunion along with an SD performance or private~ish performance / appearance. Keep in mind that this isn't a must, but that would be a plus. The guys need their breaks too.

Without going deeper into the project for now, mainly because most details aren't worked out, the bullet points looked somewhat like this:

a) October - Pre-Thanksgiving November date. That's an in between holiday period which brings down plane tickets and hotel rooms to minimal prices.
b) A Central USA meeting point ~ Memphis is good, but Las Vegas is also an option. I thought of doing it here (Montreal, Canada) because it would cost half of what it'd cost anywhere else in North America, but since many of you are from the US and don't have a passport... It also needs to be in a town where I have contacts in show biz related businesses. It'll make for cheap rentals of lights, audio, catering, tents, venues, etc...etc..
c) A Non-Unioned venue, to keep costs down and not to run into Union problems. Been there, done that, no thanks.
d) A pre-booked show: keeps costs down to a minimum to us while a producer selling tickets can off-set some of it on general admission
e) An exclusive SDN Event, such as a Lunch + M&G.

Does that make any sense so far?

That's where I am at. I'll help out on the project, if need be. We could combine efforts. =)

Hopefully could come, but unlikely between high school and convincing my dad =(

It will be sometime in April or May, so hopefully you'll be able to be there!

It depends for me since I'll either be in school or working.

[quote="aromaine"]Honestly...it will come down to the details. We'd love to come and meet everyone, but if it's during when we're moving, then it'd be tough or something like that.[/quote]

No hard details have been decided on or made as of yet, but it will most likely be some time next year in April or May possibly.

Honestly...it will come down to the details. We'd love to come and meet everyone, but if it's during when we're moving, then it'd be tough or something like that.

I think it's a wonderful idea. And we would love to see everyone there! So again please let us all know if you are interested. We love all of our Shinedown Nation family and want to meet everyone! So we'll start planning and keep you updated.