Shinedown, my teachers my therapists

• Shinedown, my teachers my therapists
    luvmy3

When I first truly discovered Shinedown even though it was only a few weeks ago I truly feel that I had a life changing experience. Brent says that writing songs is cheaper than therapy. Hes right. I don't personally write all that often but writing has always been very theraputic in any respect, weather it is songs or stories, or just a jorunal with your day to day experiences. But discovering Shinedown and the guys, and hearing their messages I feel that not only do I have the pleasure of listening to four amazing musicians but have also gained four outstanding teachers and four outstanding therapists. Yes as crazy or odd as that sounds I see Brent, Barry, Eric and Zach as both being my personal teachers and therapists. And it may not be cheaper than writing but it's still cheaper than traditional therapy, and it sounds better too =)

Submitted by luvmy3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 05/05/2010 - 17:31

I see what your saying. And I can agree with you that these guys are great teachers.

[quote="ladysodevine"]I completely understand, luvmy3. Their music touches me in a way that I can't even explain. Seeing them live for the first time...definitely a life changing experience for me, and I've felt like a different person ever since. May sound cooky, but oh well. :lol: In fact, I had told Bobbette this very thing in a PM a while back 'cause I was worried that everyone on here would think, "Wow! This chick's really lost it!" :lol: Now I know that if there is anyone out there that would understand, it's this group! Soooo glad I joined the family! :D[/quote]

I tend to just say what I think and feel. Can't really help it I was born with out a filter. lol

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 05/06/2010 - 13:18

same here first time i ever saw shinedown it changed me. the first time i ever met them and saw them live again it changed my life in a whole new way. these are amazing individuals they inspire me every day. members have come and gone from this Sd nation family and some still come back every now and then but one things for sure no one has ever understood my passion as much as the people who come on here it's strange. we come from all walks of life but we are connected by Shinedown.

When I first truly discovered Shinedown even though it was only a few weeks ago I truly feel that I had a life changing experience. Brent says that writing songs is cheaper than therapy. Hes right. I don't personally write all that often but writing has always been very theraputic in any respect, weather it is songs or stories, or just a jorunal with your day to day experiences. But discovering Shinedown and the guys, and hearing their messages I feel that not only do I have the pleasure of listening to four amazing musicians but have also gained four outstanding teachers and four outstanding therapists. Yes as crazy or odd as that sounds I see Brent, Barry, Eric and Zach as both being my personal teachers and therapists. And it may not be cheaper than writing but it's still cheaper than traditional therapy, and it sounds better too =)

comments

same here first time i ever saw shinedown it changed me. the first time i ever met them and saw them live again it changed my life in a whole new way. these are amazing individuals they inspire me every day. members have come and gone from this Sd nation family and some still come back every now and then but one things for sure no one has ever understood my passion as much as the people who come on here it's strange. we come from all walks of life but we are connected by Shinedown.

[quote="ladysodevine"]I completely understand, luvmy3. Their music touches me in a way that I can't even explain. Seeing them live for the first time...definitely a life changing experience for me, and I've felt like a different person ever since. May sound cooky, but oh well. :lol: In fact, I had told Bobbette this very thing in a PM a while back 'cause I was worried that everyone on here would think, "Wow! This chick's really lost it!" :lol: Now I know that if there is anyone out there that would understand, it's this group! Soooo glad I joined the family! :D[/quote]

I tend to just say what I think and feel. Can't really help it I was born with out a filter. lol

I see what your saying. And I can agree with you that these guys are great teachers.