shinedown on leno

• shinedown on leno
    ifyouonlyknew_3

What did you guys think about their performance on the show? I was pretty upset because I don't think Brent was really singing... Something just wasn't right. What do you all think??

Submitted by ifyouonlyknew_3 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

i hope its not cause he losing his voice, he said that he was having problems with his voice at one show...i hope not since im seeing him tomorrow

I was thinking they spun track on his vocals as well, he sounded exactly like the cd.

If they didn't, I give him props on a job well done.

I caught the band's performance on Leno, and too wondered if they were playin live? I didn't think they would compromise, but who knows how tv really works, maybe they had no choice. Either way they still kick ass, first time i've seen the new band members perform too, so that was cool. Luv ya Shinedown boys, keep rockin!

Kimichelee

Sun, 09/07/2008 - 16:07

who cares. They were freakin' on Leno!!
We all know Brent's capabilities.

:roll:

JeffTaormina

Sun, 09/07/2008 - 18:25

[quote="kimberlee"]who cares. They were freakin' on Leno!!

:roll:[/quote]

Right F&*$N ON!!!!

That's the way we should all be thinking.

JeffTaormina

Sun, 09/07/2008 - 20:46

[quote="chelska"][quote="kimberlee"]who cares. They were freakin' on Leno!!

That's the way we should all be thinking.[/quote]

Yes, 100% ...... See my post in the other Leno thread!

Shit! Brent and the boys could sing "mary had a little lamb" and I would be freakin' ecstatic!!!

I heart my shinedown!!!

JeffTaormina

Sun, 09/07/2008 - 21:02

This is my post from the other Leno thread....

[quote="jaster"]I don't care they are a great band and they were on Leno.
Big deal if they did lypsync the song. It's their song they recoreded it and that's it. NBC may have told them to do it who knows who cares? It was Shinedown on NBC. I hope they pull in tons more fans so Atlantic records has no choice but to push them more, put out more DVD's and CD's and give the boys in the band what they need!!!

Do you complain when you here them on the radio that it's not live?
It's shinedown it rocked! They hit a home run in fact I would say it was a grand slam![/quote]

And I'm stickin' to it!! :lol:

Kimichelee

Sun, 09/07/2008 - 22:17

It is beyond me why people like to make a stink about it.
Maybe, just maybe it makes them sound important to talk about it. Who knows. I really honest to God don't understand why people care so much.

... besides, I have heard a billion times that those TV studios are absolutely horrible for sound so it would have made sense to begin with if it was tracked.

All I know, is they were on fuckin' Leno Baby!!
That's some hott shit right there!

I thought they did a great job!!

I noticed the vocals sounded "larger than life" but I figured that was all part of the symphony backing and whatnot.

Either way, I didnt think it sounded like crap.

Nicely done!

HAHA you all amuse me very much.

why do i look down upon lip syncing because IT IS A FAKE PERFORMANCE. if you are going to perform on a show FUCKING PERFORM. if you are going to play the studio version then fucking sit there talk to leno and play the studio version, dont say were going to go there and perform for the crowd because you arent... you are pretending to.

yeah i know what brents capable of, yeah i know he was on leno. so fucking what, if you think its ok to lip sync to millions of people then so be it just dont go around saying we dont sugar coat anything and we are what we are, because you literally just faked a performance.

when ashlee simpson went on SNL and got caught lip syncing everyone made a big deal about it. because brent didnt get caught and it went well only the real fans will see it. it wont be made into a big deal but facts are facts and brent smith just pulled an ashlee simpson and got away with it.

i still love shinedowns music and i still think brent smith is the best vocalist of our generation but that DOES NOT GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO LIE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. and i dare you to tell me otherwise

JeffTaormina

Mon, 09/08/2008 - 14:39

dewey let me know when you're on Leno so I can watch.
I will set my DVR for it too!

Kimichelee

Mon, 09/08/2008 - 14:56

"fake or not" it sounded good.
it's about the music to begin with.

so dewey, some volunteered information for you... [b]i think about you sounding like an asshole. [/b]i would hope to expect [i]a real asshole sound[/i] if i ever were to hear you live. :lol:

i am, though, sorry you take it all so personally. that shinedown could have been lying to you. i am glad you are a fan though. i guess that is what matters in the end too. :wink:

Kimichelee

Mon, 09/08/2008 - 14:58

p.s. dewey, you amuse me too. i am glad we can entertain eachother.
the working FUCKING (in all caps makes) me laugh a lot. :D

you know what, its one thing for brent to go along with atlantic kicking out brad and jasin, its another thing for brent to lip sync a song on national television.

but for the die hard fans of the band, the ones who truly want to know whats going on in the shinedown camp, the ones who go to youtube and search for all the recent live videos and find all sorts of pictures of the band to just fucking sit back and relax while their favorite band bullshits them has to be the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. whats going to stop brent from lip syncing at more shows if you guys are just like ok his voice must be sore, you are the fans that really count, you have kept the band going, dont let the band go down the same path as no talent hollywood celebs, allowing money to rule their lives.

the least you can do is post on the forum that you dont want brent faking performances for money.

JeffTaormina

Mon, 09/08/2008 - 17:53

[quote="dewey"]you know what, its one thing for brent to go along with atlantic kicking out brad and jasin, its another thing for brent to lip sync a song on national television.

but for the die hard fans of the band, the ones who truly want to know whats going on in the shinedown camp, the ones who go to youtube and search for all the recent live videos and find all sorts of pictures of the band to just fucking sit back and relax while their favorite band bullshits them has to be the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. whats going to stop brent from lip syncing at more shows if you guys are just like ok his voice must be sore, you are the fans that really count, you have kept the band going, dont let the band go down the same path as no talent hollywood celebs, allowing money to rule their lives.

the least you can do is post on the forum that you dont want brent faking performances for money.[/quote]

I buy Shinedown CD's. When the quality of that goes south I stop buying them.
I don't care what brent does as long as he keeps making good CD's.
When Brent pays my bills then I will care what Brent does with his life.

fuck this, i have more things to worry about, but the worst thing about this whole thing is that brent either was the one who wanted it to be this way or he has no problem with it. when bands that dont want to lip sync are told to they make a fool out of the show and purposely mess up so the world knows they were told to, brent just went along with it.

JeffTaormina

Mon, 09/08/2008 - 18:43

[quote="dewey"]fuck this, i have more things to worry about, but the worst thing about this whole thing is that brent either was the one who wanted it to be this way or he has no problem with it. when bands that dont want to lip sync are told to they make a fool out of the show and purposely mess up so the world knows they were told to, brent just went along with it.[/quote]

[color=darkred][i][b][size=24][/size][/b][/i][/color]

[/quote]
When Brent pays my bills then I will care what Brent does with his life.[/quote]

Brent and the band are artists, of whom I love and adore. BUT...that is where I draw the line.

When I start to get bothered about what they do or don't do, why they do what they do, I am off.

Kimichelee

Mon, 09/08/2008 - 19:47

Silly boy. Music is a business/a career and music is an art/a passion.
When the success of fortune is mixed, you have to learn to appreciate both and if you don't, then continue to discover new music and move on. Simple.

Back to Shinedown on Leno:
What had to be done for the show [which we do not know might I add], I am almost 100% sure was in the best interest of their business, Brent, his bandmates, the producers of Leno, the quality of sound for the venue they were in, and many other factors that come from hard work and doing things right.

From my side of the Television, I was highly pleased to see one of "my bands" succeed and reach another level in their careers. I am very proud.

P.S. A little side note--- My ears are a fan of music. Not my eyes.
By reading your posts, dewey, it's hard to say that you truely appreciate [u]the sound[/u] of music. Also, it is way too much work to be so negative. Cheer up. Schedule to see Shinedown on tour soon. If not, pop in LAW. Whatever you need to do to remember how great they really are.
8)

JeffTaormina

Tue, 09/09/2008 - 08:00

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Im sticking to my theory in the other thread
[quote="fenderguitars777"]New theory: What if they did play it live, then NBC placed the studio version over it? Because notice in the begining you can hear guitar feedback under the chords and strings that aren't in the recording, but are live, and just cuts off when the vocals cut in.[/quote][/quote]

Not a bad theory I can see that happening.
They did it to Bruce in the 80's

That 'feedback' is an effect. If you watch nick he's holding a little device over a string above the pick up that makes that sound then when it stops and the camera goes back to nick you can see the thing swinging from a chord on a stand next to his pedal board. You can see it hanging there in almost all the live, close up pictures of nick from this tour.

synneraboveall

Wed, 09/10/2008 - 00:05

[quote="fenderguitars777"]:shock:

SOMEONE on this board has to ask Brent when she goes to see them in Las Vegas.

Hint hint.[/quote]

SOMEONE didn't get a chance to ask Brent...but SOMEONE talked to Zach about it and the only thing that was on tape that was NOT live was the orchestra and something else...DAMN IT.. I for got what it was..NO BRENT DID NOT LIP SYNC!!!! OH yeah..Barry even confirmed that Brent didn't. SO...either take it or leave it...lets move on to the next subject...lol

What did you guys think about their performance on the show? I was pretty upset because I don't think Brent was really singing... Something just wasn't right. What do you all think??

comments

[quote="fenderguitars777"]:shock:

SOMEONE on this board has to ask Brent when she goes to see them in Las Vegas.

Hint hint.[/quote]

SOMEONE didn't get a chance to ask Brent...but SOMEONE talked to Zach about it and the only thing that was on tape that was NOT live was the orchestra and something else...DAMN IT.. I for got what it was..NO BRENT DID NOT LIP SYNC!!!! OH yeah..Barry even confirmed that Brent didn't. SO...either take it or leave it...lets move on to the next subject...lol

That 'feedback' is an effect. If you watch nick he's holding a little device over a string above the pick up that makes that sound then when it stops and the camera goes back to nick you can see the thing swinging from a chord on a stand next to his pedal board. You can see it hanging there in almost all the live, close up pictures of nick from this tour.

[quote="fenderguitars777"]Im sticking to my theory in the other thread
[quote="fenderguitars777"]New theory: What if they did play it live, then NBC placed the studio version over it? Because notice in the begining you can hear guitar feedback under the chords and strings that aren't in the recording, but are live, and just cuts off when the vocals cut in.[/quote][/quote]

Not a bad theory I can see that happening.
They did it to Bruce in the 80's

Silly boy. Music is a business/a career and music is an art/a passion.
When the success of fortune is mixed, you have to learn to appreciate both and if you don't, then continue to discover new music and move on. Simple.

Back to Shinedown on Leno:
What had to be done for the show [which we do not know might I add], I am almost 100% sure was in the best interest of their business, Brent, his bandmates, the producers of Leno, the quality of sound for the venue they were in, and many other factors that come from hard work and doing things right.

From my side of the Television, I was highly pleased to see one of "my bands" succeed and reach another level in their careers. I am very proud.

P.S. A little side note--- My ears are a fan of music. Not my eyes.
By reading your posts, dewey, it's hard to say that you truely appreciate [u]the sound[/u] of music. Also, it is way too much work to be so negative. Cheer up. Schedule to see Shinedown on tour soon. If not, pop in LAW. Whatever you need to do to remember how great they really are.
8)

[/quote]
When Brent pays my bills then I will care what Brent does with his life.[/quote]

Brent and the band are artists, of whom I love and adore. BUT...that is where I draw the line.

When I start to get bothered about what they do or don't do, why they do what they do, I am off.

[quote="dewey"]fuck this, i have more things to worry about, but the worst thing about this whole thing is that brent either was the one who wanted it to be this way or he has no problem with it. when bands that dont want to lip sync are told to they make a fool out of the show and purposely mess up so the world knows they were told to, brent just went along with it.[/quote]

[color=darkred][i][b][size=24][/size][/b][/i][/color]

fuck this, i have more things to worry about, but the worst thing about this whole thing is that brent either was the one who wanted it to be this way or he has no problem with it. when bands that dont want to lip sync are told to they make a fool out of the show and purposely mess up so the world knows they were told to, brent just went along with it.

[quote="dewey"]you know what, its one thing for brent to go along with atlantic kicking out brad and jasin, its another thing for brent to lip sync a song on national television.

the least you can do is post on the forum that you dont want brent faking performances for money.[/quote]

I buy Shinedown CD's. When the quality of that goes south I stop buying them.
I don't care what brent does as long as he keeps making good CD's.
When Brent pays my bills then I will care what Brent does with his life.

you know what, its one thing for brent to go along with atlantic kicking out brad and jasin, its another thing for brent to lip sync a song on national television.

the least you can do is post on the forum that you dont want brent faking performances for money.

p.s. dewey, you amuse me too. i am glad we can entertain eachother.
the working FUCKING (in all caps makes) me laugh a lot. :D

"fake or not" it sounded good.
it's about the music to begin with.

so dewey, some volunteered information for you... [b]i think about you sounding like an asshole. [/b]i would hope to expect [i]a real asshole sound[/i] if i ever were to hear you live. :lol:

i am, though, sorry you take it all so personally. that shinedown could have been lying to you. i am glad you are a fan though. i guess that is what matters in the end too. :wink:

dewey let me know when you're on Leno so I can watch.
I will set my DVR for it too!

HAHA you all amuse me very much.

why do i look down upon lip syncing because IT IS A FAKE PERFORMANCE. if you are going to perform on a show FUCKING PERFORM. if you are going to play the studio version then fucking sit there talk to leno and play the studio version, dont say were going to go there and perform for the crowd because you arent... you are pretending to.

yeah i know what brents capable of, yeah i know he was on leno. so fucking what, if you think its ok to lip sync to millions of people then so be it just dont go around saying we dont sugar coat anything and we are what we are, because you literally just faked a performance.

when ashlee simpson went on SNL and got caught lip syncing everyone made a big deal about it. because brent didnt get caught and it went well only the real fans will see it. it wont be made into a big deal but facts are facts and brent smith just pulled an ashlee simpson and got away with it.

i still love shinedowns music and i still think brent smith is the best vocalist of our generation but that DOES NOT GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO LIE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. and i dare you to tell me otherwise

I thought they did a great job!!

I noticed the vocals sounded "larger than life" but I figured that was all part of the symphony backing and whatnot.

Either way, I didnt think it sounded like crap.

Nicely done!

It is beyond me why people like to make a stink about it.
Maybe, just maybe it makes them sound important to talk about it. Who knows. I really honest to God don't understand why people care so much.

... besides, I have heard a billion times that those TV studios are absolutely horrible for sound so it would have made sense to begin with if it was tracked.

All I know, is they were on fuckin' Leno Baby!!
That's some hott shit right there!

This is my post from the other Leno thread....

[quote="jaster"]I don't care they are a great band and they were on Leno.
Big deal if they did lypsync the song. It's their song they recoreded it and that's it. NBC may have told them to do it who knows who cares? It was Shinedown on NBC. I hope they pull in tons more fans so Atlantic records has no choice but to push them more, put out more DVD's and CD's and give the boys in the band what they need!!!

Do you complain when you here them on the radio that it's not live?
It's shinedown it rocked! They hit a home run in fact I would say it was a grand slam![/quote]

And I'm stickin' to it!! :lol:

Shit! Brent and the boys could sing "mary had a little lamb" and I would be freakin' ecstatic!!!

I heart my shinedown!!!

[quote="chelska"][quote="kimberlee"]who cares. They were freakin' on Leno!!

That's the way we should all be thinking.[/quote]

Yes, 100% ...... See my post in the other Leno thread!

That's the way we should all be thinking.

Right F&*$N ON!!!!

who cares. They were freakin' on Leno!!

Leno performance

I caught the band's performance on Leno, and too wondered if they were playin live? I didn't think they would compromise, but who knows how tv really works, maybe they had no choice. Either way they still kick ass, first time i've seen the new band members perform too, so that was cool. Luv ya Shinedown boys, keep rockin!

I was thinking they spun track on his vocals as well, he sounded exactly like the cd.

If they didn't, I give him props on a job well done.

i hope its not cause he losing his voice, he said that he was having problems with his voice at one show...i hope not since im seeing him tomorrow