Shinedown in Kentucky

• Shinedown in Kentucky
    heameg

I live in Frankfort, Kentucky and I've seen Shinedown three times. I've already got tickets for the Louisville Palace Theatre show in March. My greatest wish is to meet the guys sometime. So far no luck with this. I can't afford the tickets to the meet and greet.

I have become a huge fan in a fairly short amount of time. I would hear songs on the radio that I really liked but somehow never realized that these songs were all performed by the same band. Once I stumbled onto that fact, I went out and bought all their albums. I love this music and this band more than any other band in a long time. The only other band I've ever felt this strongly about is AC/DC. Since I can't meet the guys, I will keep plugging along and wishing.

I'll see you guys in Louisville!!!!

Submitted by heameg on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Hey Heameg, welcome to the boards! Sit back relax and enjoy the madness in here.
My name is Rita

It shouldn't be that hard to meet the guys, just wait at their bus after the show. It might me a long wait sometimes but usually most of them come out and hang out with their fans :D

shinedownjunkie45

Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:43

hey welcome to the madness. and yeah defiantely wait out by the buses and be patient they'll come out and say hello and chat with ya for a bit.

Wow, that's cool to know! I've been in the same situation recently with not being able to afford the pricier tickets, but I can't complain as I have met them before when they would have autograph sessions after the show. I never had my camera though!

Heameg, enjoy the show in Louisville, should be really fun.

Hey everybody,
I purchased 2 VIP M&G for the Feb 8 show in Rochester, MN thru Ticketmaster. It was awesome to meet the guys and they all seemed genuinely happy to see us. The show rocked as only Shinedown can and the new set looked great as well. One thing that could have been better is if we could have spent even a few more minutes with the guys. About 25 of us went thru in a line that was supposed to keep moving so not much time to comment on anything but "Hey man love your music" and snap a pic. After the meet and greet we went back to the lobby and there were signs everywhere that said "$20 for a CD and Shinedown will sign your wristband 20 minutes after the show". I love that the guys are so accommodating to their fans and pray they never stop. However, I could have spent $40 instead of $300 for basically the same experience. What i'm trying to say is that PLEASE make the VIP meet and greet experience a little richer since the cost is so much higher. This is the fourth time in less than a year that i have seen SD and never before saw the "Sign the wristband for a CD" so not sure if this was just a one time situation or not. Other fans sharing our M&G had the same reaction so thought i would bring it up and get some other opinions on the subject.

dalamar_2

Fri, 02/12/2010 - 16:54

Post #1 Noelle: Welcome home! :)

shinedownjunkie45

Sat, 02/13/2010 - 08:52

welcome noelle, to our family of madness.

sound_of_dylan

Mon, 02/15/2010 - 14:47

Hey, I'm new here too, and I wish I could go to the concert in Louisville, but I'm going to the one in Evansville, IN since I can't. Anyways, any hints on where to locate the bus? When they were here for the KY State Fair I tried to meet them, but had no idea where to go to have a chance to.

dalamar_2

Mon, 02/15/2010 - 15:49

[quote="sound_of_dylan"]Hey, I'm new here too, and I wish I could go to the concert in Louisville, but I'm going to the one in Evansville, IN since I can't. Anyways, any hints on where to locate the bus? When they were here for the KY State Fair I tried to meet them, but had no idea where to go to have a chance to.[/quote]

Welcome, brother.

As to you, all new comers, sit down and enjoy: you're now part of the craziest band of coochies, the family to us all; SDN power!

Welcome Noelle and sound of Dylan!
Sitback relax and ejoy the madness :D

randomsunkist17

Sun, 04/04/2010 - 13:29

Hey, I went to the concert at the Palace too. I got to meet them when I bought a CD at their booth then after the show I got to meet them and they signed my CD. It was amazing and I can't wait til they come back to the KY. There was also a contest being held by the local radio station where if you won you got to go to their sound check party and meet them and what not. So when they go come back check out the radio stations websites and see if there are any contest going on. If not, find the tour bus or a van (usually a hotel van if they're staying for a while) or something and eventually they'll come out and you can say hi.

I live in Frankfort, Kentucky and I've seen Shinedown three times. I've already got tickets for the Louisville Palace Theatre show in March. My greatest wish is to meet the guys sometime. So far no luck with this. I can't afford the tickets to the meet and greet.

I have become a huge fan in a fairly short amount of time. I would hear songs on the radio that I really liked but somehow never realized that these songs were all performed by the same band. Once I stumbled onto that fact, I went out and bought all their albums. I love this music and this band more than any other band in a long time. The only other band I've ever felt this strongly about is AC/DC. Since I can't meet the guys, I will keep plugging along and wishing.

I'll see you guys in Louisville!!!!

comments

Hey, I went to the concert at the Palace too. I got to meet them when I bought a CD at their booth then after the show I got to meet them and they signed my CD. It was amazing and I can't wait til they come back to the KY. There was also a contest being held by the local radio station where if you won you got to go to their sound check party and meet them and what not. So when they go come back check out the radio stations websites and see if there are any contest going on. If not, find the tour bus or a van (usually a hotel van if they're staying for a while) or something and eventually they'll come out and you can say hi.

Welcome Noelle and sound of Dylan!
Sitback relax and ejoy the madness :D

[quote="sound_of_dylan"]Hey, I'm new here too, and I wish I could go to the concert in Louisville, but I'm going to the one in Evansville, IN since I can't. Anyways, any hints on where to locate the bus? When they were here for the KY State Fair I tried to meet them, but had no idea where to go to have a chance to.[/quote]

Welcome, brother.

As to you, all new comers, sit down and enjoy: you're now part of the craziest band of coochies, the family to us all; SDN power!

Hey, I'm new here too, and I wish I could go to the concert in Louisville, but I'm going to the one in Evansville, IN since I can't. Anyways, any hints on where to locate the bus? When they were here for the KY State Fair I tried to meet them, but had no idea where to go to have a chance to.

welcome noelle, to our family of madness.

Post #1 Noelle: Welcome home! :)

"VIP" meet & greet

Hey everybody,
I purchased 2 VIP M&G for the Feb 8 show in Rochester, MN thru Ticketmaster. It was awesome to meet the guys and they all seemed genuinely happy to see us. The show rocked as only Shinedown can and the new set looked great as well. One thing that could have been better is if we could have spent even a few more minutes with the guys. About 25 of us went thru in a line that was supposed to keep moving so not much time to comment on anything but "Hey man love your music" and snap a pic. After the meet and greet we went back to the lobby and there were signs everywhere that said "$20 for a CD and Shinedown will sign your wristband 20 minutes after the show". I love that the guys are so accommodating to their fans and pray they never stop. However, I could have spent $40 instead of $300 for basically the same experience. What i'm trying to say is that PLEASE make the VIP meet and greet experience a little richer since the cost is so much higher. This is the fourth time in less than a year that i have seen SD and never before saw the "Sign the wristband for a CD" so not sure if this was just a one time situation or not. Other fans sharing our M&G had the same reaction so thought i would bring it up and get some other opinions on the subject.

Wow, that's cool to know! I've been in the same situation recently with not being able to afford the pricier tickets, but I can't complain as I have met them before when they would have autograph sessions after the show. I never had my camera though!

Heameg, enjoy the show in Louisville, should be really fun.

hey welcome to the madness. and yeah defiantely wait out by the buses and be patient they'll come out and say hello and chat with ya for a bit.

Hey Heameg, welcome to the boards! Sit back relax and enjoy the madness in here.
My name is Rita

It shouldn't be that hard to meet the guys, just wait at their bus after the show. It might me a long wait sometimes but usually most of them come out and hang out with their fans :D