Shinedown at the Dubuque County Fair!

• Shinedown at the Dubuque County Fair!
    andrerin529

I bought front row tickets for me, dh and df! Its my anniversary present to dh and my father's day present to df. I am super excited!!! This will only be the second time seeing them LIVE! I could have bought the meet and greet package...but I was laid off from my job and couldn't afford it. I guess I will just have to happy with seeing the band that close up!!! Hee hee Anyone else here going?

Submitted by andrerin529 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I got a VIP package for the show... I'm really excited. This will be my sencond time to see them live also.

andrerin529

Wed, 07/29/2009 - 22:38

the show was awesome! We didn't stay for Staind. So glad that Shinedown played first. My husband and I want to see them again....lol

buddhatheonlyone

Wed, 09/30/2009 - 15:42

Great pictures! Man, edited for content!!

Oh dear.....LL....you still breathing???!?!?!?!?!

Awesome pix!

Wow! Some of the nicest photos I've seen! Good job!

dalamar_2

Wed, 09/30/2009 - 16:22

Fantastic.

really.

one tiny comment.

Anyone else think it's ironic to go see SD with a G'n'Rs T-Shirt? Isn't it like entering a Pepsi-Cola factory, drinking a Coke... or, for the more daring, wearing a Chelsea jacket at a Manchester game?

Heck no, Dalamar! GnR is sort of a "universal", like wearing a Tool or AC/DC shirt to another band's show. In fact, I personally prefer to sport another band's shirt at gigs... I mean, we're all fans, right, even the guys on the stage are fans of other bands' music.

[quote="mollie"]Oh dear.....LL....you still breathing???!?!?!?!?!

Awesome pix![/quote]I had a thigh comment .
I like the Guns & Roses t shirt!!!

shinedownjunkie45

Wed, 09/30/2009 - 17:01

i'd have to agree sporting another bands t-shirt is permittable. but for me it's tradition to wear my cargo shorts and an SD shirt but that's just me.

[quote="mad_mama"]Wow! Some of the nicest photos I've seen! Good job![/quote]seriuosly though...what kind of camera did you use, your pics are so clear!

dalamar_2

Wed, 09/30/2009 - 17:58

LOL

I was being silly. When am I ever serious!

I hope you can laugh at the irony :)

It CAN happen you Dalamar! :lol:

dalamar_2

Wed, 09/30/2009 - 18:23

Oh, it will.

Not because I like wearing a competitor's attire when going to a concert, but, the only thing left that fits me may be my late Iron Maiden t-shirt...

I meant you being serious silly!!! :lol:

fistfullofflowers

Wed, 09/30/2009 - 20:27

hahaha thats enderslittlegame!!

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!

destiny453

Thu, 10/01/2009 - 01:52

Yes they are nice pics :) Woo hoo only a month 2 go now :)

buddhatheonlyone

Wed, 10/07/2009 - 14:11

They work great, a little off topic, but the below picture was taken from about a football fields length from and look how nice it came out. Love my camera, if you are camera shopping, the DSC-H** are the best models from Sony!!

Oh and yes, iDontWearaMaskAndiHaveNoRegrets you caught me again!!!! :D

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/3974550677_3d61125f64_b.jpg[/img]

Is is easy to use? I am not so technologically inclined!!! :oops:

buddhatheonlyone

Wed, 10/07/2009 - 14:35

[quote="lorilee"]Is is easy to use? I am not so technologically inclined!!! :oops:[/quote]

There are a lot of options that make it click and point, so not to hard. I use manual setting and change the exposure and focus, and that can get complicated, all in all though, should be simple.....

Oh, should have said this earlier. Even thought they were not the headliner, this has been the best shows of Shinedown I have seen so far. It was a beautiful evening, with the sun setting behind them as they start up, bringing out incredible colors, the band was perfect in performance. Brent had to stop the show to tell the crowd, "I am not just saying this to be saying it, but you are the best crowd that I have ever sang in front of..." I love this band and the music, and would travel just about anywhere to see them. So far this year I have traveled from Topeka to Kansas City, MO, Sedalia, MO, and Dubuque, IA. This weekend I am traveling to Tulsa, OK and Dallas, TX to see them!

Sound's right up my alley! I missed some really great moments in Madison cuz I was using my daughter's camera and it was too fricking complicated!!! :x

*sound's like a match made in Heaven* OH! THere I go again!! :lol:

You found me didn't ya?? :wink:

buddhatheonlyone

Wed, 10/07/2009 - 14:48

[quote="merkjr"]seriously dude. lets try and meet up.
i am going to houston, and tulsa. and dallas if i can get my hands on tickets.
you're a traveler like me![/quote]

Wow, your coming in from Canada??? That kicks butt. I don't know what time I will be around Tulsa that day, but would be good to have someone hang out with, I will be on my own.... Let me know when your going to be there.....

AWWWW!!! Another Shinedown family reunion! O love it!! Make's it ssssssoooooo much more fun!!! :D

destiny453

Fri, 10/09/2009 - 21:11

:lol: Tulsa always reminds me of Friends :)

I bought front row tickets for me, dh and df! Its my anniversary present to dh and my father's day present to df. I am super excited!!! This will only be the second time seeing them LIVE! I could have bought the meet and greet package...but I was laid off from my job and couldn't afford it. I guess I will just have to happy with seeing the band that close up!!! Hee hee Anyone else here going?

comments

Very very nice pics :)

Yeah, that's my favorite too. no surprise there... :oops:

:lol: Tulsa always reminds me of Friends :)

AWWWW!!! Another Shinedown family reunion! O love it!! Make's it ssssssoooooo much more fun!!! :D

[quote="merkjr"]seriously dude. lets try and meet up.
i am going to houston, and tulsa. and dallas if i can get my hands on tickets.
you're a traveler like me![/quote]

Wow, your coming in from Canada??? That kicks butt. I don't know what time I will be around Tulsa that day, but would be good to have someone hang out with, I will be on my own.... Let me know when your going to be there.....

You found me didn't ya?? :wink:

*sound's like a match made in Heaven* OH! THere I go again!! :lol:

Sound's right up my alley! I missed some really great moments in Madison cuz I was using my daughter's camera and it was too fricking complicated!!! :x

[quote="lorilee"]Is is easy to use? I am not so technologically inclined!!! :oops:[/quote]

There are a lot of options that make it click and point, so not to hard. I use manual setting and change the exposure and focus, and that can get complicated, all in all though, should be simple.....

Oh, should have said this earlier. Even thought they were not the headliner, this has been the best shows of Shinedown I have seen so far. It was a beautiful evening, with the sun setting behind them as they start up, bringing out incredible colors, the band was perfect in performance. Brent had to stop the show to tell the crowd, "I am not just saying this to be saying it, but you are the best crowd that I have ever sang in front of..." I love this band and the music, and would travel just about anywhere to see them. So far this year I have traveled from Topeka to Kansas City, MO, Sedalia, MO, and Dubuque, IA. This weekend I am traveling to Tulsa, OK and Dallas, TX to see them!

Is is easy to use? I am not so technologically inclined!!! :oops:

They work great, a little off topic, but the below picture was taken from about a football fields length from and look how nice it came out. Love my camera, if you are camera shopping, the DSC-H** are the best models from Sony!!

Oh and yes, iDontWearaMaskAndiHaveNoRegrets you caught me again!!!! :D

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/3974550677_3d61125f64_b.jpg[/img]

[quote="buddhatheonlyone"][quote="lorilee"][quote="mad_mama"]Wow! Some of the nicest photos I've seen! Good job![/quote]seriuosly though...what kind of camera did you use, your pics are so clear![/quote]

Sorry I did not see this when I posted my latest:
Sony Cyber Shot DSC-H10:

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/sony-cyber-shot-dsc/4505-6501_7… for the follow up!! :wink:

[quote="lorilee"][quote="mad_mama"]Wow! Some of the nicest photos I've seen! Good job![/quote]seriuosly though...what kind of camera did you use, your pics are so clear![/quote]

Sorry I did not see this when I posted my latest:
Sony Cyber Shot DSC-H10:

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/sony-cyber-shot-dsc/4505-6501_7…

Thanks for the kudos on the pics, was hoping that someone other than me might enjoy them. Thought that I posted this with but here it is now :

Full set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40312516@N06/sets/72157621833561610/

PS - You never wear the band you are going to see. Would you wear a Pepsi shirt to a Pepsi Factory? LOL

Yes they are nice pics :) Woo hoo only a month 2 go now :)

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!

hahaha thats enderslittlegame!!

I meant you being serious silly!!! :lol:

Oh, it will.

Not because I like wearing a competitor's attire when going to a concert, but, the only thing left that fits me may be my late Iron Maiden t-shirt...

It CAN happen you Dalamar! :lol:

LOL

I was being silly. When am I ever serious!

I hope you can laugh at the irony :)

[quote="mad_mama"]Wow! Some of the nicest photos I've seen! Good job![/quote]seriuosly though...what kind of camera did you use, your pics are so clear!

i'd have to agree sporting another bands t-shirt is permittable. but for me it's tradition to wear my cargo shorts and an SD shirt but that's just me.

[quote="mollie"]Oh dear.....LL....you still breathing???!?!?!?!?!

Awesome pix![/quote]I had a thigh comment .
I like the Guns & Roses t shirt!!!

Heck no, Dalamar! GnR is sort of a "universal", like wearing a Tool or AC/DC shirt to another band's show. In fact, I personally prefer to sport another band's shirt at gigs... I mean, we're all fans, right, even the guys on the stage are fans of other bands' music.

Fantastic.

really.

one tiny comment.

Anyone else think it's ironic to go see SD with a G'n'Rs T-Shirt? Isn't it like entering a Pepsi-Cola factory, drinking a Coke... or, for the more daring, wearing a Chelsea jacket at a Manchester game?

Wow! Some of the nicest photos I've seen! Good job!

Oh dear.....LL....you still breathing???!?!?!?!?!

Awesome pix!

Great pictures! Man, edited for content!!

the show was awesome! We didn't stay for Staind. So glad that Shinedown played first. My husband and I want to see them again....lol

I got a VIP package for the show... I'm really excited. This will be my sencond time to see them live also.