Shinedown Concerts

• Shinedown Concerts
    skywalker

I recently attended the Philly concert of shinedown. I wanted to hear thoughts of other fans who have seen shinedown before. I am a heavy concert going, most recently 5 shows on the Pearl Jam tour. This was my first time seeing Shinedown who i'm really into. I was a bit disappointed in the length of the show. An hour and a half really isn't enough time. No show should be less than 2 hours, but i understand the tickets were only 25 bucks and they are just getting started. They have enough material, so why not play more and get the word out on how you play long shows. I also found the lead singer to be somewhat of a poser. He had make up on and a tight leather jacket, he just looked out of place with the rest of the band that night who hand no shirts on and looked like rock n rollers. People like Shinedown, a lot, so i don't think there is a need for him to be so Dramatic on stage, he should just use his wonderful voice and passion for the songs and music and sing instead of striking weird poses. Overall i thought the show was good. I dig the music and the crowd energy was good for most songs. The drummer and guitarists were ripping all night. I'll definitely see them again, just wanted to put my thoughts out there and get some others thoughts.
    thanks

Submitted by skywalker on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Well I Got A Candle.

Tue, 07/22/2008 - 14:51

well there was 3 bands so, but if shinedown does a tour by themselve 2 hours.

Brents not really a "poser"... thats just how he is. ive seen them 4 times already, as far back as 2005. And ive realized hes just a little different than everyone else. He acts crazy, makes insane faces, dresses differently, does outrageous things... anything he can do to make himself stand out at the crazy one of the bunch. but thats just Brent. :D

Posin is alright wiff me....I just want to see them in my neck of the woods...Gosh Darnitt..Someone give me a ride to the next show...LOL

with 2 openers the band will have less time
if they had one opener then it would be 2 hours

lead singers should be different then the rest of the band they are the frontman they should have their own thing goin. brent hasnt changed throughout the years so im pretty sure thats just the way he is, if he was a poser he wouldve just started this image recently.

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 07/22/2008 - 22:08

I'll take the leather suit and make-up over his red hair any day. At least this way he looks like Ozzy Osbourne. But I was at the Philly show too. I thought it was very good...just wish those other bands weren't there. Just a Shinedown show would be awesome. I enjoy his monologues though, they've been doing that since the beginning, it builds more of a connection between the fans and himself. The one thing missing from the Shinedown show is SOLOS. Drum, guitar, and maybe even bass. Like how Van Halen does it, everyone gets a solo. I would like to see Barry get a 5 minute drum solo, and Nick get a 5 minute guitar solo.

evenangelsfall

Tue, 07/22/2008 - 22:10

[quote="allamericandan1"]I'll take the leather suit and make-up over his red hair any day. At least this way he looks like Ozzy Osbourne. But I was at the Philly show too. I thought it was very good...just wish those other bands weren't there. Just a Shinedown show would be awesome. I enjoy his monologues though, they've been doing that since the beginning, it builds more of a connection between the fans and himself. The one thing missing from the Shinedown show is SOLOS. Drum, guitar, and maybe even bass. Like how Van Halen does it, everyone gets a solo. I would like to see Barry get a 5 minute drum solo, and Nick get a 5 minute guitar solo.[/quote]

2 things... I too love the monologues very inspiring!!! And really? I loved the red hair! Ok, 3 things..... yes very Ozzy I thought haha, crazy eh? :D

AllAmericanDan1

Tue, 07/22/2008 - 22:17

[quote="evenangelsfall"]2 things... I too love the monologues very inspiring!!! And really? I loved the red hair! Ok, 3 things..... yes very Ozzy I thought haha, crazy eh? :D[/quote]

If the red was more a natural red, I don't think it would have bothered me. But that was really bright red, the man was a walking traffic signal. Also, I never noticed the Ozzy look until my roommate watched Live from the Inside with me and after 45, said "Ok Ozzy" and I did a double take. "Oh my God, he's a Young Ozzy!" I loved the Southern Rock look he and Jasin had for a while though. The thick beards and sunglasses, reminded me of ZZ Top.

At the show in KY was at last week (or was it the week before...?), Theory was "detained at the Canadian/US border"

I'm pretty sure, as a result, we got a slightly longer set from both remaining bands.

Also, I'm not a fan of the guyliner at all, but otherwise, I think Brent is just fine the way he is. If were going to shows for the look of the band, I would be going to much, much different shows. :D

[b]My show isn't until this weekend and I've not seen them since ROTR. Needless to say I'm downright starving to see them. Personally, I could care less what color his hair is - I'm there for their music and that voice. I adore both BSC and TOAD and have met both bands on multiple occasions and you couldn't ask for a nicer group of guys. With the price of these tickets, regardless of how long each of them play, it's a bargain![/b]

Kimichelee

Sat, 07/26/2008 - 17:23

Interesting topic.

I have been listening and watching Shinedown since their start in 2003 and performace wise, Brent has definately not changed a bit. To me, he is so pure in his message. Maybe the same message at every show, but that doesn't mean he doesn't stand behind every word. Shinedown lyrically has proven that.

As for the color of their hair, eyeliner or no eyeliner, shirts, no shirts (though I must say it was rather nice to see them shirtless! I won't deny I wasn't enjoying that.) has nothing to do with what you are listening to and if you are truely inspired and enjoy the music, then None of that will ever matter for any band if that is what you are there for. Personally, that's why I do shows. For the love of music.

P.S. The Phila show with my eyes closed would have been just as amazing. The energy you feel alone from their live shows is pretty ridiculous. Brent had it right. The beat of the drum, strum of the bass will get you moving and bring the "sex." It truely does. I was dancing like I said I would be and that is where my enjoyment came from. Feeling the music.

It's all about passion given and received...

[quote="recklessqt"]Brents not really a "poser"... thats just how he is. ive seen them 4 times already, as far back as 2005. And ive realized hes just a little different than everyone else. He acts crazy, makes insane faces, dresses differently, does outrageous things... anything he can do to make himself stand out at the crazy one of the bunch. but thats just Brent. :D[/quote]

I agree with you here.
When I saw them this summer, he was up on stage shaking and rolling his eyes in the back of his head and he had more makeup and eyeshadow on than an emo kid. It was crazy, and he's crazy. But I love him =)

beyondthesun

Sun, 07/27/2008 - 08:45

Well the eyeliner is definantly new and i gotta say im not a fan makes him seem too emo which he is totally not and ive noticed these monologes to be alot longer than past times i have seen them i recently saw them in worcester and the monologues were so long that if they cut them out or atleast shortened them they would of been able to do like 4 more songs which i would of prefered still a good show though

[quote="kimberlee"]
I have been listening and watching Shinedown since their start in 2003 and performace wise, Brent has definately not changed a bit. To me, he is so pure in his message. Maybe the same message at every show, but that doesn't mean he doesn't stand behind every word. Shinedown lyrically has proven that.

As for the color of their hair, eyeliner or no eyeliner, shirts, no shirts (though I must say it was rather nice to see them shirtless! I won't deny I wasn't enjoying that.) has nothing to do with what you are listening to and if you are truely inspired and enjoy the music, then None of that will ever matter for any band if that is what you are there for. Personally, that's why I do shows. For the love of music.

P.S. The Phila show with my eyes closed would have been just as amazing. The energy you feel alone from their live shows is pretty ridiculous. Brent had it right. The beat of the drum, strum of the bass will get you moving and bring the "sex." It truely does. I was dancing like I said I would be and that is where my enjoyment came from. Feeling the music.

It's all about passion given and received...[/quote]

Quoted for total and complete agreement!!!!

Shinedown = emotional rollercoaster of life shared and experienced through their music that leaves me breathless

I don't care what people say...that's wy I still love Shinedown. They're original in my eyes. Each time I 've seen them they have always seemed the same....they hype meh up and make meh want to hear more and more. Brent is original... I think it's kind of a disgrace to say he looks like Ozzy;; 'cause I don't think he does. I think is himself.

Shinedown is original...they don't strive to be the best when in fact they are the BEST!

End of that!?

synneraboveall

Mon, 07/28/2008 - 01:49

[quote="rock_saka"] Brent is original... I think it's kind of a disgrace to say he looks like Ozzy;; 'cause I don't think he does. I think is himself.
[/quote]

It's not a disgrace to say he looks like Ozzy...yeah..Brent is who Brent is and no one will change that. To say he looks like Ozzy is a complement cause Brent admires Ozzy.

Brent and the rest of the guys strive to be the best they, themselves can be and that is all I ask of them and that I'm sure is all that anyone asks of them...and that is what they deliver.

stephanie_6443

Tue, 07/29/2008 - 02:47

[quote="skywalker"]... I am a heavy concert going, most recently 5 shows on the Pearl Jam tour...[/quote]

Hey, were you at Columbia by any chance?

Poser? dude no, brent is doing his own thing and thats what we all love all the guys for. if we liked posers and people who are robots we would be in some ken and barbie music forum talking about fall out boy. if you dont like something or someone thats different then your just like everybody else and you dont belong on the forum, especially the fanclub one.

skywalker said ....quote " I also found the lead singer to be somewhat of a poser. He had make up on and a tight leather jacket, he just looked out of place with the rest of the band that night who hand no shirts on and looked like rock n rollers. People like Shinedown, a lot, so i don't think there is a need for him to be so Dramatic on stage, he should just use his wonderful voice and passion for the songs and music and sing instead of striking weird poses." unquote
Skywalker I am not sure of your age or how much you have observed the progression of Rock n Roll, but, I have to say that Rock has been a major part of my life. I was born in 196??? and have watched rockers from janis joplin, jim morrison, the who, ozzy ozbourne, led zeppelin, arrowsmith of the 60's and early 70's then if you go to the glam rock of the 80's. with the hair spray, big hair group like motley crew ,great white, white snake. the 90's brought in the grunge era like nirvana and sound garden. this is just an example of the trends and the shapers of rock n roll. shinedown is a band that has an incredible sound and stage presence. they are showmen on stage and that is what makes them unique and different. the trends of rock is what makes Rock n Roll.
skywalker google image Joe Crocker, and Ozzy Ozbourne and look at the faces they make. It isn't because they are " posing" it is the depth they need to reach in order to convey their songs. after all isn't the music we enjoy anyway, keep Rocking and Roll with the flow....196's and 70's expression. :wink:

synneraboveall

Sun, 08/17/2008 - 00:26

[quote="pjsanne"]skywalker " I also found the lead singer to be somewhat of a poser. He had make up on and a tight leather jacket, he just looked out of place with the rest of the band that night who hand no shirts on and looked like rock n rollers. People like Shinedown, a lot, so i don't think there is a need for him to be so Dramatic on stage, he should just use his wonderful voice and passion for the songs and music and sing instead of striking weird poses."
Skywalker I am not sure of your age or how much you have observed the progression of Rock n Roll, but, I have to say that Rock has been a major part of my life. I was born in 196??? and have watched rockers from janis joplin, jim morrison, the who, ozzy ozbourne, led zeppelin, arrowsmith of the 60's and early 70's then if you go to the glam rock of the 80's. with the hair spray, big hair group like motley crew ,great white, white snake. the 90's brought in the grunge era like nirvana and sound garden. this is just an example of the trends and the shapers of rock n roll. shinedown is a band that has an incredible sound and stage presence. they are showmen on stage and that is what makes them unique and different. the trends of rock is what makes Rock n Roll.
skywalker google image Joe Crocker, and Ozzy Ozbourne and look at the faces they make. It isn't because they are " posing" it is the depth they need to reach in order to convey their songs. after all isn't the music we enjoy anyway, keep Rocking and Roll with the flow....196's and 70's expression. :wink:[/quote]

The things I could say about this post but I don't feel like bringing up an argument right now. Cause Brent is far from being a 'poser'....as a matter of fact he more of himself now than he ever has been...not saying he was a 'poser' in the beginning but he's finally coming into his own and realizing who he can as man and musician. But I also don't see why his look matters...if it's his voice you like...why bad mouth his look. Focus on the voice not looks. But what do I know.

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="pjsanne"]skywalker " I also found the lead singer to be somewhat of a poser. He had make up on and a tight leather jacket, he just looked out of place with the rest of the band that night who hand no shirts on and looked like rock n rollers. People like Shinedown, a lot, so i don't think there is a need for him to be so Dramatic on stage, he should just use his wonderful voice and passion for the songs and music and sing instead of striking weird poses."
skywalker google image Joe Crocker, and Ozzy Ozbourne and look at the faces they make. It isn't because they are " posing" it is the depth they need to reach in order to convey their songs. after all isn't the music we enjoy anyway, keep Rocking and Roll with the flow....196's and 70's expression. :wink:[/quote]

The things I could say about this post but I don't feel like bringing up an argument right now. Cause Brent is far from being a 'poser'....as a matter of fact he more of himself now than he ever has been...not saying he was a 'poser' in the beginning but he's finally coming into his own and realizing who he can as man and musician. But I also don't see why his look matters...if it's his voice you like...why bad mouth his look. Focus on the voice not looks. But what do I know.[/quote]
I am glad we agree on the fact that Bret is not a poser and that he is definitely himself.

I recently attended the Philly concert of shinedown. I wanted to hear thoughts of other fans who have seen shinedown before. I am a heavy concert going, most recently 5 shows on the Pearl Jam tour. This was my first time seeing Shinedown who i'm really into. I was a bit disappointed in the length of the show. An hour and a half really isn't enough time. No show should be less than 2 hours, but i understand the tickets were only 25 bucks and they are just getting started. They have enough material, so why not play more and get the word out on how you play long shows. I also found the lead singer to be somewhat of a poser. He had make up on and a tight leather jacket, he just looked out of place with the rest of the band that night who hand no shirts on and looked like rock n rollers. People like Shinedown, a lot, so i don't think there is a need for him to be so Dramatic on stage, he should just use his wonderful voice and passion for the songs and music and sing instead of striking weird poses. Overall i thought the show was good. I dig the music and the crowd energy was good for most songs. The drummer and guitarists were ripping all night. I'll definitely see them again, just wanted to put my thoughts out there and get some others thoughts.
thanks

comments

Lia marie I was quoting skywalker

[quote="synneraboveall"][quote="pjsanne"]skywalker " I also found the lead singer to be somewhat of a poser. He had make up on and a tight leather jacket, he just looked out of place with the rest of the band that night who hand no shirts on and looked like rock n rollers. People like Shinedown, a lot, so i don't think there is a need for him to be so Dramatic on stage, he should just use his wonderful voice and passion for the songs and music and sing instead of striking weird poses."

The things I could say about this post but I don't feel like bringing up an argument right now. Cause Brent is far from being a 'poser'....as a matter of fact he more of himself now than he ever has been...not saying he was a 'poser' in the beginning but he's finally coming into his own and realizing who he can as man and musician. But I also don't see why his look matters...if it's his voice you like...why bad mouth his look. Focus on the voice not looks. But what do I know.[/quote]
I am glad we agree on the fact that Bret is not a poser and that he is definitely himself.

[quote="pjsanne"]skywalker " I also found the lead singer to be somewhat of a poser. He had make up on and a tight leather jacket, he just looked out of place with the rest of the band that night who hand no shirts on and looked like rock n rollers. People like Shinedown, a lot, so i don't think there is a need for him to be so Dramatic on stage, he should just use his wonderful voice and passion for the songs and music and sing instead of striking weird poses."

The things I could say about this post but I don't feel like bringing up an argument right now. Cause Brent is far from being a 'poser'....as a matter of fact he more of himself now than he ever has been...not saying he was a 'poser' in the beginning but he's finally coming into his own and realizing who he can as man and musician. But I also don't see why his look matters...if it's his voice you like...why bad mouth his look. Focus on the voice not looks. But what do I know.

skywalker said ....quote " I also found the lead singer to be somewhat of a poser. He had make up on and a tight leather jacket, he just looked out of place with the rest of the band that night who hand no shirts on and looked like rock n rollers. People like Shinedown, a lot, so i don't think there is a need for him to be so Dramatic on stage, he should just use his wonderful voice and passion for the songs and music and sing instead of striking weird poses." unquote
skywalker google image Joe Crocker, and Ozzy Ozbourne and look at the faces they make. It isn't because they are " posing" it is the depth they need to reach in order to convey their songs. after all isn't the music we enjoy anyway, keep Rocking and Roll with the flow....196's and 70's expression. :wink:

Poser? dude no, brent is doing his own thing and thats what we all love all the guys for. if we liked posers and people who are robots we would be in some ken and barbie music forum talking about fall out boy. if you dont like something or someone thats different then your just like everybody else and you dont belong on the forum, especially the fanclub one.

Re: Shinedown Concerts

[quote="skywalker"]... I am a heavy concert going, most recently 5 shows on the Pearl Jam tour...[/quote]

Hey, were you at Columbia by any chance?

[quote="rock_saka"] Brent is original... I think it's kind of a disgrace to say he looks like Ozzy;; 'cause I don't think he does. I think is himself.
[/quote]

It's not a disgrace to say he looks like Ozzy...yeah..Brent is who Brent is and no one will change that. To say he looks like Ozzy is a complement cause Brent admires Ozzy.

Brent and the rest of the guys strive to be the best they, themselves can be and that is all I ask of them and that I'm sure is all that anyone asks of them...and that is what they deliver.

I don't care what people say...that's wy I still love Shinedown. They're original in my eyes. Each time I 've seen them they have always seemed the same....they hype meh up and make meh want to hear more and more. Brent is original... I think it's kind of a disgrace to say he looks like Ozzy;; 'cause I don't think he does. I think is himself.

Shinedown is original...they don't strive to be the best when in fact they are the BEST!

End of that!?

[quote="kimberlee"]

It's all about passion given and received...[/quote]

Quoted for total and complete agreement!!!!

Shinedown = emotional rollercoaster of life shared and experienced through their music that leaves me breathless

Well the eyeliner is definantly new and i gotta say im not a fan makes him seem too emo which he is totally not and ive noticed these monologes to be alot longer than past times i have seen them i recently saw them in worcester and the monologues were so long that if they cut them out or atleast shortened them they would of been able to do like 4 more songs which i would of prefered still a good show though

[quote="recklessqt"]Brents not really a "poser"... thats just how he is. ive seen them 4 times already, as far back as 2005. And ive realized hes just a little different than everyone else. He acts crazy, makes insane faces, dresses differently, does outrageous things... anything he can do to make himself stand out at the crazy one of the bunch. but thats just Brent. :D[/quote]

I agree with you here.
When I saw them this summer, he was up on stage shaking and rolling his eyes in the back of his head and he had more makeup and eyeshadow on than an emo kid. It was crazy, and he's crazy. But I love him =)

Interesting topic.

It's all about passion given and received...

Detroit

[b]My show isn't until this weekend and I've not seen them since ROTR. Needless to say I'm downright starving to see them. Personally, I could care less what color his hair is - I'm there for their music and that voice. I adore both BSC and TOAD and have met both bands on multiple occasions and you couldn't ask for a nicer group of guys. With the price of these tickets, regardless of how long each of them play, it's a bargain![/b]

At the show in KY was at last week (or was it the week before...?), Theory was "detained at the Canadian/US border"

I'm pretty sure, as a result, we got a slightly longer set from both remaining bands.

Also, I'm not a fan of the guyliner at all, but otherwise, I think Brent is just fine the way he is. If were going to shows for the look of the band, I would be going to much, much different shows. :D

[quote="evenangelsfall"]2 things... I too love the monologues very inspiring!!! And really? I loved the red hair! Ok, 3 things..... yes very Ozzy I thought haha, crazy eh? :D[/quote]

If the red was more a natural red, I don't think it would have bothered me. But that was really bright red, the man was a walking traffic signal. Also, I never noticed the Ozzy look until my roommate watched Live from the Inside with me and after 45, said "Ok Ozzy" and I did a double take. "Oh my God, he's a Young Ozzy!" I loved the Southern Rock look he and Jasin had for a while though. The thick beards and sunglasses, reminded me of ZZ Top.

[quote="allamericandan1"]I'll take the leather suit and make-up over his red hair any day. At least this way he looks like Ozzy Osbourne. But I was at the Philly show too. I thought it was very good...just wish those other bands weren't there. Just a Shinedown show would be awesome. I enjoy his monologues though, they've been doing that since the beginning, it builds more of a connection between the fans and himself. The one thing missing from the Shinedown show is SOLOS. Drum, guitar, and maybe even bass. Like how Van Halen does it, everyone gets a solo. I would like to see Barry get a 5 minute drum solo, and Nick get a 5 minute guitar solo.[/quote]

2 things... I too love the monologues very inspiring!!! And really? I loved the red hair! Ok, 3 things..... yes very Ozzy I thought haha, crazy eh? :D

I'll take the leather suit and make-up over his red hair any day. At least this way he looks like Ozzy Osbourne. But I was at the Philly show too. I thought it was very good...just wish those other bands weren't there. Just a Shinedown show would be awesome. I enjoy his monologues though, they've been doing that since the beginning, it builds more of a connection between the fans and himself. The one thing missing from the Shinedown show is SOLOS. Drum, guitar, and maybe even bass. Like how Van Halen does it, everyone gets a solo. I would like to see Barry get a 5 minute drum solo, and Nick get a 5 minute guitar solo.

with 2 openers the band will have less time
if they had one opener then it would be 2 hours

lead singers should be different then the rest of the band they are the frontman they should have their own thing goin. brent hasnt changed throughout the years so im pretty sure thats just the way he is, if he was a poser he wouldve just started this image recently.

Posin is alright wiff me....I just want to see them in my neck of the woods...Gosh Darnitt..Someone give me a ride to the next show...LOL

Brents not really a "poser"... thats just how he is. ive seen them 4 times already, as far back as 2005. And ive realized hes just a little different than everyone else. He acts crazy, makes insane faces, dresses differently, does outrageous things... anything he can do to make himself stand out at the crazy one of the bunch. but thats just Brent. :D

well there was 3 bands so, but if shinedown does a tour by themselve 2 hours.