Shinedown in Calgary

• Shinedown in Calgary
    greenmaster

Oh my freakim God this show was so was so awesome...It s been so long since I saw a band that ROCKED from the get go...I loved and sang as much as I could....Rock on Shinedown Rock on..!!!!!!! My favorite songs were the Sound Of Madness and If You Only Knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: Calgary rules!!!!!!!

Submitted by greenmaster on
Forum category
Is pro
No

destiny453

Sat, 06/27/2009 - 12:57

sounds like u had a top time. :) they do rock. Was this ur 1st show?

dalamar_2

Sat, 06/27/2009 - 15:11

[quote="greenmaster"]Oh my freakim God this show was so was so awesome...It s been so long since I saw a band that ROCKED from the get go...I loved and sang as much as I could....Rock on Shinedown Rock on..!!!!!!! My favorite songs were the Sound Of Madness and If You Only Knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: Calgary rules!!!!!!![/quote]

That's post #1 - welcome to our crazy family.

And yeah, SD rocks like there's no tomorrow.

I don't know if I told you folks - my brother has a radio show. Nothing in the music industry, mind you, he's into public & political affairs. but we have a common friend that is the "DJ" in town for Rock and he and I have been exchanging a lot in the past 2 years on new releases, reviewing and giving them grades and all. You all know I found out about SD by mistake, but, I still did a review in SoM when it came out and sent it to my buddy. here's a part of the review I sent, freely translated from French (so, yeah, sorry if it doesn't make much sense):

[quote] This newish band is the most surprising thing that has happened to hard rock this century, rivaling with flying colors against Rock 'n' Roll's international powerhouses like it's been swimming in this pond for 20 years. The radiating power behind the simple yet cutting words uttered by Brent Smith's commanding voice unleashed over the musical prowess of that band will surely become the next best thing popular music will have known thus far. The music is fascinating, the lyrics intelligent, the beats sweeping off our feet. I have no doubt this is but the small snowball gaining speed along the slope, amassing fans like flakes: this is an announced avalanche no one will want to hide from. I will undoubtedly see them live. For the first time in a long, long time, I would consider sleeping on the street and line up for tickets; I didn't even do it for U2 and Sting.[/quote]

I think greenmaster confirms my suspicions :)

Cheers mate! (Yay! another Canuck!)

greenmaster

Sun, 06/28/2009 - 02:05

Yes first show...they dont come to Canada much!!!!!

destiny453

Sun, 06/28/2009 - 02:10

nor the UK but that will all be changing soon. :)

[quote="greenmaster"]Yes first show...they dont come to Canada much!!!!![/quote]At the meet and greet in Calgary, Brent said there were legal reasons why he could not come to Canada, but those have now been taken care of so hopefully we will get Shinedown more often now.

destiny453

Sun, 06/28/2009 - 18:51

well thats excellent news for all you Canadians. :) Hope you had fun at the meet and greet.

greenmaster

Sun, 06/28/2009 - 19:00

How was the meet and greet ?

The meet and greet was great. There only a handful of people - maybe 12. The guys were super friendly and very easy to talk to. They signed some stuff and then posed for pictures. For some reason, neither me nor my two friends even thought to bring a camera but we met a nice guy there with an awesome camera who took our picture. I sure hope he remembers to email it to me.

destiny453

Mon, 06/29/2009 - 00:27

wow! Sounds like you had a great time! :) i hope the UK gets meet and greet 2. Post your pic when you get it. :)

I have a good friend who was at the show in Calg too! He is a band tech, so hung out back stage earlier in the afternoon, then watched the show from side stage. Said it really was terrific - they were in top form!

He hung out and visited with Zach and Panda. Had a ball!

Oh my freakim God this show was so was so awesome...It s been so long since I saw a band that ROCKED from the get go...I loved and sang as much as I could....Rock on Shinedown Rock on..!!!!!!! My favorite songs were the Sound Of Madness and If You Only Knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: Calgary rules!!!!!!!

comments

I have a good friend who was at the show in Calg too! He is a band tech, so hung out back stage earlier in the afternoon, then watched the show from side stage. Said it really was terrific - they were in top form!

He hung out and visited with Zach and Panda. Had a ball!

wow! Sounds like you had a great time! :) i hope the UK gets meet and greet 2. Post your pic when you get it. :)

The meet and greet was great. There only a handful of people - maybe 12. The guys were super friendly and very easy to talk to. They signed some stuff and then posed for pictures. For some reason, neither me nor my two friends even thought to bring a camera but we met a nice guy there with an awesome camera who took our picture. I sure hope he remembers to email it to me.

How was the meet and greet ?

well thats excellent news for all you Canadians. :) Hope you had fun at the meet and greet.

[quote="greenmaster"]Yes first show...they dont come to Canada much!!!!![/quote]At the meet and greet in Calgary, Brent said there were legal reasons why he could not come to Canada, but those have now been taken care of so hopefully we will get Shinedown more often now.

nor the UK but that will all be changing soon. :)

Yes first show...they dont come to Canada much!!!!!

Re: Shinedown in Calgary

[quote="greenmaster"]Oh my freakim God this show was so was so awesome...It s been so long since I saw a band that ROCKED from the get go...I loved and sang as much as I could....Rock on Shinedown Rock on..!!!!!!! My favorite songs were the Sound Of Madness and If You Only Knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: Calgary rules!!!!!!![/quote]

That's post #1 - welcome to our crazy family.

And yeah, SD rocks like there's no tomorrow.

I don't know if I told you folks - my brother has a radio show. Nothing in the music industry, mind you, he's into public & political affairs. but we have a common friend that is the "DJ" in town for Rock and he and I have been exchanging a lot in the past 2 years on new releases, reviewing and giving them grades and all. You all know I found out about SD by mistake, but, I still did a review in SoM when it came out and sent it to my buddy. here's a part of the review I sent, freely translated from French (so, yeah, sorry if it doesn't make much sense):

[quote] This newish band is the most surprising thing that has happened to hard rock this century, rivaling with flying colors against Rock 'n' Roll's international powerhouses like it's been swimming in this pond for 20 years. The radiating power behind the simple yet cutting words uttered by Brent Smith's commanding voice unleashed over the musical prowess of that band will surely become the next best thing popular music will have known thus far. The music is fascinating, the lyrics intelligent, the beats sweeping off our feet. I have no doubt this is but the small snowball gaining speed along the slope, amassing fans like flakes: this is an announced avalanche no one will want to hide from. I will undoubtedly see them live. For the first time in a long, long time, I would consider sleeping on the street and line up for tickets; I didn't even do it for U2 and Sting.[/quote]

I think greenmaster confirms my suspicions :)

Cheers mate! (Yay! another Canuck!)

sounds like u had a top time. :) they do rock. Was this ur 1st show?