Shinedown Albums Up To This Point

• Shinedown Albums Up To This Point
    shinedown17_6951

Im sure most of us own all 3 of there studio albums that the band has put out up to this point, and if your anything like me you sought out anything and everything they did, the stuff on itunes, youtube and the single songs they put on weird soundtracks like dirthouse and what not

I just wanted to start a conversation re all the albums up to this point

Leave a Whisper - This was there frist album that they put out and its the album that got most of us into the band, I remember when I heard fly from the inside for the first time, it was kinda like hearing down with the sickness for the frist time and you think "what in the hell was that", i was blown away by brents voice and i thought the little guitar riff that jasin dose at the start of fly from the inside was just awseme, the album has a lot of great songs and there and really shows just what kind of a tallent bren and jasin are, this was even better when they decided to re-release the album with the simple man single and the two accoustic tracks, it always gives me chills to see them perfom simple man live

Us and Them - This was there follow up to leave a whisper, like the ablum before it this was one that you could just put in and listen to from start to finish, it had great songs and was a great progression from the work they had done up to this point

The Sound of Maddness - I was just as stoked about this album if not more then the next shinedown fan out there, i remember seeing and Inter view with brent, when he was talking about the new album he said that they wanted to do an over to top crazy crazy rock and roll record, that possibly had some cross over potential, when i first heard devour I thought that maybe this was the direcetion that they were heading in with the new record, once i got the limited edition one in the mail and had a chance to sit down and listen to it from start to finish, I dont know if thats really what they accomplished with this record, I feel its defenitly different from what we have heard before, and I guess from listening to us and then amd leave a whisper for so long, and with them being two solid rock and roll records all they way through. Really I think i just miss all the bad ass guitar parts that jasin did one the frist two albums

much love to shinedown plz come and tour california soon. They are one of the greatest bands ever, and this is just my opinion i would love to hear what everyone ells thinks

Submitted by shinedown17_6951 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I'm gonna be honest here (don't call me a hater), but I got kind of tired of their first two albums after a while. They were good, but they weren't completely consistent. I think every track on the new album is good, and that they've finally made the quality of a record they're capable of. :) It even inspired me to see them live (this will be my second concert, the first being Muse).

shinedownersam

Wed, 07/09/2008 - 22:44

Leave A Whisper was there best. Simple Hard Rock.

Us And Them was a venture into another side of music. Creative and softer rock.

The Sound of Madness is a blend of both but with bigger extremes. eg. Heavier songs, softer songs.

shinersweetie_4300

Thu, 07/10/2008 - 20:24

all i can say is i like all three! my fiancee cannot stand the sound of madness. he doesn't like one song on it. i love second chance, if you only knew and call me the best. but i love all shinedown!

I liked their Rolling Stone Original Version CD, i wish they had a CD version of their live DVD, i bought the DVD and hoped i could put them on my ipod....

shinedownersam

Fri, 07/11/2008 - 01:33

[quote="jt0323"]I liked their Rolling Stone Original Version CD, i wish they had a CD version of their live DVD, i bought the DVD and hoped i could put them on my ipod....[/quote]

There are ways to rip the audio off. I dont have the dvd so i dont know if it has codes but you can use different programs to convert or record the files.

if anyone knows can they let me know? it would be greatly appreciated, its not like im stealing it as i bought it and just want to put it on my ipod

showtime17

Fri, 07/11/2008 - 14:43

did it come out distorted? Mine did the same thing.

i figured out how to do it! came out w/ good quality! i just renamed everything! im so pumped now that i got it on my ipod!

sixty8guns

Fri, 07/11/2008 - 23:43

SD17, i wouldn`t worry too much about missin` kickass riffs from Jason. I`ve seen Nick Perri a half a dozen times with Silvertide. He ABSOLUTLEY THROWS IT DOWN LIVE!!!!!

Let me add an afterthought. jason was; shall we say, let go from the band after an incident that took place in early April. Nick was added to the band shortly there after. The new CD was released in Late june; but I`m sure was completed at an earlier date, much earlier! Which leads me to believe that what we hear on the new CD was recorded months ago with Jason. There wasn`t time to completley redo the tracks with new musicians and get it out. So, In my opinion; what we hear on the CD is the old Shinedown and what see on this tour will be the new Shinedown! Never the less; ALL 3 CD`S kICK F`ING ASS!!!!!!!!

shinedown17_6951

Sat, 07/12/2008 - 14:54

hey sixty, while it may be true that jasin is on this album, i just miss the bad ass guitarness from the other two albums, and I do agree that nick perri is awseme, i saw him when silver tide toured with shinedown

sixty8guns

Sat, 07/12/2008 - 16:38

SD17 Thats cool!

Im sure most of us own all 3 of there studio albums that the band has put out up to this point, and if your anything like me you sought out anything and everything they did, the stuff on itunes, youtube and the single songs they put on weird soundtracks like dirthouse and what not

I just wanted to start a conversation re all the albums up to this point

Leave a Whisper - This was there frist album that they put out and its the album that got most of us into the band, I remember when I heard fly from the inside for the first time, it was kinda like hearing down with the sickness for the frist time and you think "what in the hell was that", i was blown away by brents voice and i thought the little guitar riff that jasin dose at the start of fly from the inside was just awseme, the album has a lot of great songs and there and really shows just what kind of a tallent bren and jasin are, this was even better when they decided to re-release the album with the simple man single and the two accoustic tracks, it always gives me chills to see them perfom simple man live

Us and Them - This was there follow up to leave a whisper, like the ablum before it this was one that you could just put in and listen to from start to finish, it had great songs and was a great progression from the work they had done up to this point

The Sound of Maddness - I was just as stoked about this album if not more then the next shinedown fan out there, i remember seeing and Inter view with brent, when he was talking about the new album he said that they wanted to do an over to top crazy crazy rock and roll record, that possibly had some cross over potential, when i first heard devour I thought that maybe this was the direcetion that they were heading in with the new record, once i got the limited edition one in the mail and had a chance to sit down and listen to it from start to finish, I dont know if thats really what they accomplished with this record, I feel its defenitly different from what we have heard before, and I guess from listening to us and then amd leave a whisper for so long, and with them being two solid rock and roll records all they way through. Really I think i just miss all the bad ass guitar parts that jasin did one the frist two albums

much love to shinedown plz come and tour california soon. They are one of the greatest bands ever, and this is just my opinion i would love to hear what everyone ells thinks

comments

SD17 Thats cool!

hey sixty, while it may be true that jasin is on this album, i just miss the bad ass guitarness from the other two albums, and I do agree that nick perri is awseme, i saw him when silver tide toured with shinedown

SD17, i wouldn`t worry too much about missin` kickass riffs from Jason. I`ve seen Nick Perri a half a dozen times with Silvertide. He ABSOLUTLEY THROWS IT DOWN LIVE!!!!!

Let me add an afterthought. jason was; shall we say, let go from the band after an incident that took place in early April. Nick was added to the band shortly there after. The new CD was released in Late june; but I`m sure was completed at an earlier date, much earlier! Which leads me to believe that what we hear on the new CD was recorded months ago with Jason. There wasn`t time to completley redo the tracks with new musicians and get it out. So, In my opinion; what we hear on the CD is the old Shinedown and what see on this tour will be the new Shinedown! Never the less; ALL 3 CD`S kICK F`ING ASS!!!!!!!!

i figured out how to do it! came out w/ good quality! i just renamed everything! im so pumped now that i got it on my ipod!

did it come out distorted? Mine did the same thing.

if anyone knows can they let me know? it would be greatly appreciated, its not like im stealing it as i bought it and just want to put it on my ipod

[quote="jt0323"]I liked their Rolling Stone Original Version CD, i wish they had a CD version of their live DVD, i bought the DVD and hoped i could put them on my ipod....[/quote]

There are ways to rip the audio off. I dont have the dvd so i dont know if it has codes but you can use different programs to convert or record the files.

I liked their Rolling Stone Original Version CD, i wish they had a CD version of their live DVD, i bought the DVD and hoped i could put them on my ipod....

all i can say is i like all three! my fiancee cannot stand the sound of madness. he doesn't like one song on it. i love second chance, if you only knew and call me the best. but i love all shinedown!

Leave A Whisper was there best. Simple Hard Rock.

Us And Them was a venture into another side of music. Creative and softer rock.

The Sound of Madness is a blend of both but with bigger extremes. eg. Heavier songs, softer songs.

I'm gonna be honest here (don't call me a hater), but I got kind of tired of their first two albums after a while. They were good, but they weren't completely consistent. I think every track on the new album is good, and that they've finally made the quality of a record they're capable of. :) It even inspired me to see them live (this will be my second concert, the first being Muse).