Shinedown on Access Hollywood tonight!

• Shinedown on Access Hollywood tonight!
    stephenmuk

From their Myspace:

[quote]Tune into Access Hollywood on NBC at 7:30PM tonight to see SHINEDOWN![/quote]

If anyone could let us non-Americans what this is all about I would be very thankful :D

Submitted by stephenmuk on
Forum category
Is pro
No

scenes_from_a_…

Thu, 07/03/2008 - 20:12

I missed it :roll:
What happened on the show?

crow_recording

Thu, 07/03/2008 - 21:55

there wasnt anything on about them.. sucked.. waisted 30 minutes

Deaf Angel

Thu, 07/03/2008 - 22:43

[quote="stephenmuk"]From their Myspace:

[quote]Tune into Access Hollywood on NBC at 7:30PM tonight to see SHINEDOWN![/quote]

If anyone could let us non-Americans what this is all about I would be very thankful :D[/quote]

its a celebrity tabloid television show

Thanks for looking - I wonder why they thought they'd be on?

Deaf Angel

Fri, 07/04/2008 - 11:28

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. not exactly a show i'd expect, or even [i]want[/i], to see shinedown on!

so just curious...how well is the band known in england?
how did you first hear them?

[quote="deaf_angel"]so just curious...how well is the band known in england?
how did you first hear them?[/quote]

They are pretty much totally unknown here - As far as I'm aware they have played about 3 dates on an Alter Bridge tour back in '06 in the UK and the albums haven't even been released.

The small handful of British people that I've read about online who know who Shinedown are have nearly all found them on WJRR in Orlando because that is our Number 1 long haul vacation destination. I first got into them whilst on vacation there in '03 because they were being heavily played on shows like The Fiasco and The Buckethead show.

I just hope that they manage to play some dates here, either in small venues or as part of larger tours. Disturbed, 3 Doors Down and Alter Bridge are all due to tour in the Autumn. Their US tour opening act Black Stone Cherry are going down very well here and are playing mid-sized venues in December so that could be another opportunity for Shinedown to play here.

Deaf Angel

Fri, 07/04/2008 - 22:43

[quote="stephenmuk"][quote="deaf_angel"]so just curious...how well is the band known in england?

I just hope that they manage to play some dates here, either in small venues or as part of larger tours. Disturbed, 3 Doors Down and Alter Bridge are all due to tour in the Autumn. Their US tour opening act Black Stone Cherry are going down very well here and are playing mid-sized venues in December so that could be another opportunity for Shinedown to play here.[/quote]

yeah, i hope they do tour there for ya, their live show is truly the best i've seen from any band in recent years...and i get to see a lot of bands!

disturbed is kicking ass on this tour. i saw them in april and will see them again on the mayhem tour later this month. their new album is smokin' sick!!!

synneraboveall

Sat, 07/05/2008 - 01:17

that blows!!!!!!!!!

[quote="deaf_angel"]yeah, i hope they do tour there for ya, their live show is truly the best i've seen from any band in recent years...and i get to see a lot of bands!

disturbed is kicking ass on this tour. i saw them in april and will see them again on the mayhem tour later this month. their new album is smokin' sick!!![/quote]

I've seen them a couple of times, but in either support or festival slots so I've only seen short sets, but I've always been blown away by them.

I saw Disturbed in Orlando in May and at the Download Festival in June, both times they were great. The Mayhem Festival has got a cracking line-up Black Tide, Airbourne and Five Finger Death Punch are all worth a look :D

Deaf Angel

Sun, 07/06/2008 - 00:15

[quote="stephenmukI saw Disturbed in Orlando in May and at the Download Festival in June, both times they were great. The Mayhem Festival has got a cracking line-up Black Tide, Airbourne and Five Finger Death Punch are all worth a look :D[/quote]

that's cool you got to see disturbed stateside, did they tour london on their last trip? when i saw them in april ffdp opened (they're excellent live, btw) then it was all disturbed :)
mayhem should be good, sweet lineup but i'm really going to see disturbed, got some vip tix so maybe (hopefully!) i'll get to meet them and have a chance to shake dan donegan's hand.

Deaf Angel

Sun, 07/06/2008 - 00:16

[quote="deaf_angel"][quote="stephenmukI saw Disturbed in Orlando in May and at the Download Festival in June, both times they were great. The Mayhem Festival has got a cracking line-up Black Tide, Airbourne and Five Finger Death Punch are all worth a look :D[/quote]

that's cool you got to see disturbed stateside, did they tour london on their last trip? when i saw them in april ffdp opened (they're excellent live, btw) then it was all disturbed :)
mayhem should be good, sweet lineup but i'm really going to see disturbed, got some vip tix so maybe (hopefully!) i'll get to meet them and have a chance to shake dan donegan's hand.[/quote]

hmmm...the 'quote' didn't quite 'quote'

glen_6976

Mon, 07/07/2008 - 03:21

[color=green][/color]Shinedown was on the show the next night for about 10 seconds .... showed video clip said they visited a radio station in NY and Brent said "this (album?tour?) is big" and that's about it

From their Myspace:

If anyone could let us non-Americans what this is all about I would be very thankful :D

comments

[color=green][/color]Shinedown was on the show the next night for about 10 seconds .... showed video clip said they visited a radio station in NY and Brent said "this (album?tour?) is big" and that's about it

[quote="deaf_angel"][quote="stephenmukI saw Disturbed in Orlando in May and at the Download Festival in June, both times they were great. The Mayhem Festival has got a cracking line-up Black Tide, Airbourne and Five Finger Death Punch are all worth a look :D[/quote]

mayhem should be good, sweet lineup but i'm really going to see disturbed, got some vip tix so maybe (hopefully!) i'll get to meet them and have a chance to shake dan donegan's hand.[/quote]

hmmm...the 'quote' didn't quite 'quote'

[quote="stephenmukI saw Disturbed in Orlando in May and at the Download Festival in June, both times they were great. The Mayhem Festival has got a cracking line-up Black Tide, Airbourne and Five Finger Death Punch are all worth a look :D[/quote]

mayhem should be good, sweet lineup but i'm really going to see disturbed, got some vip tix so maybe (hopefully!) i'll get to meet them and have a chance to shake dan donegan's hand.

[quote="deaf_angel"]yeah, i hope they do tour there for ya, their live show is truly the best i've seen from any band in recent years...and i get to see a lot of bands!

disturbed is kicking ass on this tour. i saw them in april and will see them again on the mayhem tour later this month. their new album is smokin' sick!!![/quote]

I've seen them a couple of times, but in either support or festival slots so I've only seen short sets, but I've always been blown away by them.

I saw Disturbed in Orlando in May and at the Download Festival in June, both times they were great. The Mayhem Festival has got a cracking line-up Black Tide, Airbourne and Five Finger Death Punch are all worth a look :D

that blows!!!!!!!!!

nope

[quote="stephenmuk"][quote="deaf_angel"]so just curious...how well is the band known in england?

I just hope that they manage to play some dates here, either in small venues or as part of larger tours. Disturbed, 3 Doors Down and Alter Bridge are all due to tour in the Autumn. Their US tour opening act Black Stone Cherry are going down very well here and are playing mid-sized venues in December so that could be another opportunity for Shinedown to play here.[/quote]

yeah, i hope they do tour there for ya, their live show is truly the best i've seen from any band in recent years...and i get to see a lot of bands!

disturbed is kicking ass on this tour. i saw them in april and will see them again on the mayhem tour later this month. their new album is smokin' sick!!!

[quote="deaf_angel"]so just curious...how well is the band known in england?

They are pretty much totally unknown here - As far as I'm aware they have played about 3 dates on an Alter Bridge tour back in '06 in the UK and the albums haven't even been released.

The small handful of British people that I've read about online who know who Shinedown are have nearly all found them on WJRR in Orlando because that is our Number 1 long haul vacation destination. I first got into them whilst on vacation there in '03 because they were being heavily played on shows like The Fiasco and The Buckethead show.

I just hope that they manage to play some dates here, either in small venues or as part of larger tours. Disturbed, 3 Doors Down and Alter Bridge are all due to tour in the Autumn. Their US tour opening act Black Stone Cherry are going down very well here and are playing mid-sized venues in December so that could be another opportunity for Shinedown to play here.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. not exactly a show i'd expect, or even [i]want[/i], to see shinedown on!

so just curious...how well is the band known in england?
how did you first hear them?

Thanks for looking - I wonder why they thought they'd be on?

Re: Shinedown on Access Hollywood tonight!

[quote="stephenmuk"]From their Myspace:

If anyone could let us non-Americans what this is all about I would be very thankful :D[/quote]

its a celebrity tabloid television show

there wasnt anything on about them.. sucked.. waisted 30 minutes

I missed it :roll:
What happened on the show?